Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,870)

Showing posts 137,381 - 137,400 of216,391
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite an active one thanks, are you jealous?
*smells the leftover vaginal juice on my mustache*

Nope.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not christmas wreaths, their use stems back to pre christian times and were used as a sign of rebirth at the pagan winter solstice festivals. Good to know that you are keeping old traditions alive though
Ahhhhh.......

The ole "It's not [insert tradition] because it's been used differently in the past" tactic......

Stupid.

So when I BBQ a steak, I guess you'd consider that a ritual sacrifice because they USED to do that......
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you spend a few minutes googling the differences between Christians worship & catholic worship & you'll see they're very different.
Why dont you google when your church was established. I doubt it was before 1517, the date Martin Luther started the protestant reformation.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. cybersexed with numerous posters on Topix, even removed sweater.
LOL! You funny.:O)

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why dont you google when your church was established. I doubt it was before 1517, the date Martin Luther started the protestant reformation.
You're about 1500 years off.....

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. does Eagle even recognize his blatant racism ??..
.. did he select demeaning Hispanic lawyer jokes because you live in Southern CA? If you lived in NY, would it be Jewish jokes ??..
.. let him be ignorant. Meh ..
I mentioned growing up in Chile, as I remember.

Of course he is ignorant of his horrible racism-typecasting.

Eagle is a dunce.

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. here's my long list ..
.. cybersexed with numerous posters on Topix, even removed sweater. Does that qualify ??..
Yes, along with your cat rescues!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*smells the leftover vaginal juice on my mustache*
Nope.
Do you somehow take perverse pleasure in being totally classless, or is it standard fare for that part of the country? Elegance, Sophistication, and social graces, appear to be non-existent with you.
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

I took a boat to a glacier in Chilean Patagonia in 2005. What a beautiful place. Great people, too.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I mentioned growing up in Chile, as I remember.
Of course he is ignorant of his horrible racism-typecasting.
Eagle is a dunce.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. Theresa lived there. She could have worked her "magic" anywhere she wanted to.

It shouldn't have been her burden. Blame the leadership if there is somebody to blame for poverty and desperation.
Or the caste system.

They all seem to accept that they deserve their lower caste position.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Bet his church roof looked new.
And his car.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You Insult the Collin Family , I will drink your Blud!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
That movie sucked.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem was, that she withheld pain medication from people who desperately needed it because of her twisted religious concept that suffering was beautiful. And she diverted charity money meant for the poor and destitute, who also desperately needed it, to the Vatican, which is probably one of the biggest wastes of money on the world.
She wasn't intentionally evil. She was brainwashed evil.
I doubt that you can prove that she withheld it from those who truly needed it out of any kind of malicious intent. It's more likely they may have been running short on it and didn't have enough for everybody or there were patients who became addicted and simply "wanted" more than they "needed". MD's cut patients loose from narcotics all the time.
BTW, I didn't know she was an RN; not that I follow any nun's life story.
As for charity $, you know she was just doing what she was told to do, right? Personally, I suspect she was a nun because she wasn't terribly bright. She looked rather dull in the few pictures I've seen of her.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Or the caste system.
They all seem to accept that they deserve their lower caste position.
12Dec12.....

.....It was the 'colonial' Brits dat started dat UP.

Ps:.....Ghandi headedUP those dat 'kicked' da Brits out of India.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

They suffered. End of.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt that you can prove that she withheld it from those who truly needed it out of any kind of malicious intent. It's more likely they may have been running short on it and didn't have enough for everybody or there were patients who became addicted and simply "wanted" more than they "needed". MD's cut patients loose from narcotics all the time.
As for charity $, you know she was just doing what she was told to do, right? Personally, I suspect she was a nun because she wasn't terribly bright. She looked rather dull in the few pictures I've seen of her.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt that you can prove that she withheld it from those who truly needed it out of any kind of malicious intent. It's more likely they may have been running short on it and didn't have enough for everybody or there were patients who became addicted and simply "wanted" more than they "needed". MD's cut patients loose from narcotics all the time.
12Dec12/////

....and of course YOU look awfully britht hereIN, ya schidt-for-brains.

Ps:.....BobLoblah dinks dat ven it comes to you 'naNo-naNo'....there's more brains in a bottle of wadda.

....and den sum tooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you mean my whole life. Well ...
Assisted with the rehab of over 100 addicts.
Worked in soup kitchens.
Donated blood and plasma for free.
Advocated for better shelters and more homes for the homeless.
Adopted stray animals.
Volunteer teacher for the developmentally disabled.
Voluntarily teaching free classes to the homeless on computer skill ranging from common use to programming.
Assist many people interested in coding careers with their class work, for free.
Helping people locate resources to help with their needs just to help them.
Then of course there's the holding the doors and such for those who need it without grumbling about it, but that's just common courtesy.
[two thumbs up, excellent]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it ever?
I was conversing with a Pastor(???? or so he claims) earlier. He said the poor are best served by giving the money to the church. I asked why. Wouldn't the money be better spent by giving it to the poor and leaving the church out of it? He said no. Duh. Again, I asked why. He said the church can help them turn their lives around. I said, "They need money, not salvation". He disagreed again. I got bored and left it at that for now.
Not all pastors are the same. I know of one who went to Africa as a missionary, took his pregnant wife and two daughters to live a meager subsistence in what he called a "service to God". The environment they lived in was not what you could compare to suburbs in America. I questioned him about whether he thought his work there was truly productive or beneficial in any way to his potential converts or his family. His response wasn't exactly what I expected. He said that he was doing his Christian duty to make sure the Word was heard in every nation and that everybody should have a chance to hear it. He mentioned that the main lure he used to get the natives there to attend his sermons was the offer of freebies of food and clothing. He jokingly called it "Melon day" and that his converts were "melon converts". I asked him if that wasn't a bit frustrating and how could he ever be sure that his converts were sincere if material goods were their original interest. He said that all that mattered was that they heard the "Word" and after that it was up to them, what they decided on was of no concern to him; it was their "free will" in action. He couldn't stop the handouts just because the attendees might not be sincere. Of course some of the money that was donated to his church was spent on upkeep of that building but it also went to buying all the fresh fruit and vegetables for the natives in his area. the expense had to be considerable since he was there for more than two years. He lived in places where there were no civilized amenities to speak of, no running water and the like. I know I wouldn't have wanted to be dragged around the world to live like his daughters had to, all of it just to "save souls".

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Why would any go to the trouble of making a replica of a mythical vessel? We know that no such vessel could have possible been seaworthy, we know that science has shown that no such event could have possibly taken place, so why would anyone waste time and money on what amount to a children's story? Why don't they make an exact replica of Santa's workshop replete with elves and flying reindeer?
How about using that money to help the poor and sick in India. The one's that Mother the demon Theresa failed to help. She thought suffering brought people closer to God. In the end she realized how evil she was and denounced her faith.
{How about using that money to help the poor and sick in India}.

I would agree on that much of your statement. I think helping the poor and education would be a better choice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>12Dec12/////
....and of course YOU look awfully britht hereIN, ya schidt-for-brains.
Ps:.....BobLoblah dinks dat ven it comes to you 'naNo-naNo'....there's more brains in a bottle of wadda.
....and den sum tooooooooo.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Crazy eyes!

http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/...

Who wouldn't go a little looney being a Bride of Christ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 137,381 - 137,400 of216,391
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

532 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Kaitlin the Wolf Witch 679,461
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min marge 511,735
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Sheilaa 109,401
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min bad bob 168,947
Did you know there are wolves in West Virginia (Mar '11) 24 min Zack 35
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 47 min -USA-1 37,813
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Harrison Freebird 52,449
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 250,282
teen snapchat nudes 2 hr casher_98 105
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 3 hr Jturner4643 217
•••
•••
•••