Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#142917 Dec 11, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Somebody voted your response to me with three negative judging icons.
It wasn't me.
<quoted text>
Oh OK.

Now my feelings are hurt

Somebody judged me negatively?

Damn.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#142918 Dec 11, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>Could she have helped? Yes

Was it her responsibility? No

Where were the other 1/2 billion people? That's a lot of pressure on a little woman. Nun or not. Where was England? Where was India?
I don't vilify her.

I vilify the church and the religion that duped her.

Her intentions were praiseworthy.

Her actions were not.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#142919 Dec 11, 2012
Google maps is your friend... seriously though, the UK was sending a lot of aid to India at the time, but that's coming to an end now.

I think India doesn't care enough for its lowest caste or its tribal people. They get very little assistance indeed.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Could she have helped? Yes
Was it her responsibility? No
Where were the other 1/2 billion people? That's a lot of pressure on a little woman. Nun or not. Where was England? Where was India?

Location hidden

#142920 Dec 11, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Google maps is your friend... seriously though, the UK was sending a lot of aid to India at the time, but that's coming to an end now.
I think India doesn't care enough for its lowest caste or its tribal people. They get very little assistance indeed.
<quoted text>
Exactly. Theresa lived there. She could have worked her "magic" anywhere she wanted to.

It shouldn't have been her burden. Blame the leadership if there is somebody to blame for poverty and desperation.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#142921 Dec 11, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>06Dec12.....
.....None of dem.
Absolutely ZERO.
Ps:.....Christians do NOT behave dat vey.
...'n for the thousandth dime...STOP stalking BobLoblah. Bobloblah is NOT interested in your stinking boinking business. BobLoblah wouldn't even touch you with 'dimKings'.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
You lying T\/\/AT

James Holmes, Anders Behring Breivik, Radovan Karadzic, Ratko Mladic, the IRA, the NLFT, and the KKK and anti abortionists in the US and how about those dealers in misery, the eastern European human traffickers, the majority of all those caught and tried are christian. Hitler was catholic and Stalin was destined to become a priest before taking over Russia

Let me repeat

You lying T\/\/AT

Whenever you stalk me I will respond whenever you lie about me I will respond, whenever you project you christian hatred and spite and jealousy on me I will respond, you don’t like it then stop stalking me

#142922 Dec 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You moron. You're comparing population percentage growth to population numbers growth.
Yes, Christianity is on the rise, worldwide at a 1.3% higher than the previous year.
Whereas the worldwide population is rising at 1.2%.
You hate that, huh?
Say what?“population percentage growth to population numbers growth” Do you actually realise what you said there? Can not the numbers growth be represented as a percentage? Or am I missing something fundamental here – or is it perhaps you who is missing something fundamental? Yes that must be it.

In your blindness you are ignoring the fact that 1.2% of 7 billion is considerably larger than 1.3% of 2.3 billion

When you actually get you head around the figures yoy will understand however you deliberate ignorance will prevent you seeing the significance

Let me ask you again
What would you prefer

1.2% of 7 billion dollars (80 million)
or
1.3% of 2.3 billion dollars (30 million)

Which would you choose?

Nope actually I love it because it means that in real terms christianity is shrinking as a percentage of the world population at a rate of 50 million a year. And what is more interesting is the fact that you can so easily deceive yourself even when the facts are there right there in front of you

#142923 Dec 11, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
ChristineM & thinking are a pair of nuts
I did not ask what you rested on your chin when you sick you preachersdick

#142924 Dec 11, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
all of see religious trolls are liars. they probably became religious because they have been liars all their lives.
It's funny how they all sell higher morals when they can't even stop lying - a very basic moral requirement.
That’s crustinsanity for you

#142925 Dec 11, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
I tried to hold his hand and guide him throughthis but he is unable to grasp it.
<quoted text>
Yup I’ve been there with him before too, this must be his 3rd time round. Very christian though to get pussywhipped and then reboot to start all over again

#142926 Dec 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
We have a Christmas wreath outside our front door. The weather has been mild so far here in Southern Illinois. To our surprise some birds have set up shop in the wreath. The just love the greenery I suppose.
Anyone coming to our front door gets a little surprise. The pizza man came the other day and nearly dropped our pizza, lol. Birds are so much fun to watch.
Not christmas wreaths, their use stems back to pre christian times and were used as a sign of rebirth at the pagan winter solstice festivals. Good to know that you are keeping old traditions alive though

#142927 Dec 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait.
Hold it.
Stop.
Just a sec.
Hold on.
Please wait.
I'm.....
Um.....
You have a sex life?!?
Quite an active one thanks, are you jealous?

#142928 Dec 11, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, Just accept it. We are winning and you are losing.
1.2% of 7 billion is more than 1.3% of 1.3 billion, there is no argument with the maths

I will ask you the same, come on own up, what would you prefer

1.2% of 7 billion dollars (80 million)
or
1.3% of 2.3 billion dollars (30 million)

Which would you choose?

If I am loosing at a rate of 50million a year then that’s fine by me, you continue to deceive yourself
Thinking

Andover, UK

#142929 Dec 11, 2012
Agreed on India. Still doesn't justify what happened to all the millions of dollars she raised though. It simply didn't get spent where its donors intended.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Theresa lived there. She could have worked her "magic" anywhere she wanted to.
It shouldn't have been her burden. Blame the leadership if there is somebody to blame for poverty and desperation.

Location hidden

#142930 Dec 11, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Agreed on India. Still doesn't justify what happened to all the millions of dollars she raised though. It simply didn't get spent where its donors intended.
<quoted text>
Does it ever?

I was conversing with a Pastor(???? or so he claims) earlier. He said the poor are best served by giving the money to the church. I asked why. Wouldn't the money be better spent by giving it to the poor and leaving the church out of it? He said no. Duh. Again, I asked why. He said the church can help them turn their lives around. I said, "They need money, not salvation". He disagreed again. I got bored and left it at that for now.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#142931 Dec 11, 2012
Bet his church roof looked new.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it ever?
I was conversing with a Pastor(???? or so he claims) earlier. He said the poor are best served by giving the money to the church. I asked why. Wouldn't the money be better spent by giving it to the poor and leaving the church out of it? He said no. Duh. Again, I asked why. He said the church can help them turn their lives around. I said, "They need money, not salvation". He disagreed again. I got bored and left it at that for now.
Orangelion

Mold, UK

#142932 Dec 11, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
By you?
LMAO!
HAAJKLAJSMSMO<HJIKLJM
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#142933 Dec 11, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I was conversing with a Pastor. He said the poor are best served by giving the money to the church.
That guy sounds pretty selfish. I remember speaking to a Pastor when I was a Christian, and he seemed guilty about asking for money, when there are so many starving people in the world.

Location hidden

#142935 Dec 11, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Bet his church roof looked new.
<quoted text>
You'd have to crane you neck to see it from the Range Rover.

I love this song :)
Thinking

Andover, UK

#142936 Dec 11, 2012
Reading my mind again?
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd have to crane you neck to see it from the Range Rover.

#142938 Dec 11, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
HAAJKLAJSMSMO<HJIKLJM
Say what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min BenAdam 810,061
sex 26 min romance gay 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min Gods r Delusions ... 574,214
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min Porkpie Hat 268,960
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 42 min Epiphany2 608,227
Gay sex in Doha - need hot men (Sep '13) 1 hr Kumar 13
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr okimar 53,314
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 13 hr Coolsa 205
More from around the web