Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255282 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#142274 Dec 3, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're pointing out is that your religion has turned the conceptual "temple" of the Jesus, into a market place, full of buyers, sellers, thieves and other that use that "temple" for financial gain, and not for worship.
If you will look at the long history of Christmas giving. It started out as charitable giving and it continues to be linked with charities today. The tradition of giving has branched out into a flourishing tradition.

I would encourage you to join in the giving and help some family by helping in the Christmas food and toy drive.

Wiki:

Christmas really is an amazing time of year when you think about the fact that this is the single major event in the last 2,000 years that is celebrated by most of the world. While the birth of Christ and the Christmas story can seem removed from our lives today and it's origins while subject to debate, the celebration is an overwhelming testimony to the event.

The exact date that Jesus Christ was born is not known. The first Christmas was not celebrated until the year 350 AD when Pope Julius I officially designated December 25 to celebrate Christ's birth.

The origin of gift giving seems to have multi-faceted roots.

We have many recorded events in history that show the giving and receiving of gifts dates back at least to the 4th century. St. Nicholas, a Christian Bishop, was known for his generosity in giving to those less fortunate than he, as well as giving to children of all backgrounds simply because he felt they needed to savor their childrood, and have joyous times to remember (contrary to the beliefs of that time, which would suggest that boys even as young as 8 be sent to work to help earn income for their families and girls as young as 5 to help their mothers with the housework and meal preparation). The most common gift given were homemade foods and sweets, oranges (this was a huge treat due to the fact they were very rare), handcrafted gifts such as socks, sweaters, dresses, nightgowns, blankets, tables, chairs, and other handmade useful items. This tradition began with St. Nicholas in Turkey. It moved throughout the world very quickly, and before the 10th century is is supposed that nearly every country was participating in this exchange.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_and_when_did_...

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#142275 Dec 3, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Truly a glorious way to commemorate christ's birth.
When considering the charity aspect of it, it sure is.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#142276 Dec 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
To those who are interested in World Politics.
Mexico has a new President, Enrique Peña Nieto. The last six years have been brutal with over 60,000 murdered. I can only hope this new President can reduce the crime wave significantly.
OK, thanks.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#142277 Dec 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as Atheist in general despise the Christmas Holidays. Retail business depend on those sales to be profitable. Small retail business need that cash flow.
Also worth noting charities such as the Salvation Army depend upon those giving during the Christmas Holidays. Christ birth means more than salvation. It also represents prosperity to those countries that celebrate the Christmas Holiday.
Who despises christmas? Watching too much fox news? "War on christmas?" LOL.

Anyways, I think jesus would be ashamed with you. He wasn't the biggest fan of material possessions, and I doubt very much he would approve of a holiday whose main purpose is the glorification of material goods.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#142278 Dec 3, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and Macumazahn, I'm a deity! Clementia is the roman goddess of mercy and forgiveness! ok, start worshiping NOW! LOL ;)
Damn...Another one of those dominatrix types!
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#142279 Dec 3, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I spelt it tyre, catcher said tire!
Are you jealous of my british passport?
05Dec12.....

.....Jealous!!!!!

...BobLoblah, jealous!!!!!

Ps:....You must be kiddin'.

By da vey, if you thought thoroughly about it,'British' should be spelled vit a capital 'B' and not a small 'b'.

Guess you are NOT quite True British. Yet. Yes!!!

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#142280 Dec 3, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, he doesn't have a car, he has his own private jet.
Everything belongs to God, Bobby, don't ya forget that!
05Dec12.....

.....No. He doesn't have his own private jet...

BUT BobLoblah does so. Older posters knows a whole lot about BobLoblah, which you just have NOT readUP on.

Meanwhile, render to Caesar the things dat are Caesar's and to GOD the things that are GOD's.

You obviously, have forgotten a lot....

....while BobLoblah foregets 'nuttin'.

So you have been 'schidttinSmitten' by snatcherCatcher. Uuummmmmm.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#142281 Dec 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob,
Clementia is the figment of someone’s imagination. Her/his/it writing style changes constantly. Evidence of a fictional character being played out by a poster. You will notice that she/he/it leans more towards atheism.
These imposters make this site just plain weird. It’s always men pretending to be young beautiful women. From what I know about young beautiful women. They’re not going to be spending their time on a site like this.
Some of these men don’t know their talking to a regular atheist man when responding to Clementia. Men flirting with men, yuck.
05Dec12.....

.....of course you are most correct 'Eagle 12'

Ps:.....BobLoblah knows full vell dat 'clementia' is a dingBat and it confirms it by its own admission over and over.

SomeDimes, BobLoblah jest plays around with 'klutzes'.

Keep up da goot verk. Christmas is jest around da corner and ALL these hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists will be still going against 'da grain' while tossing back booze, turkey, and gravey....from donors, of course.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
You disgusting Atheist

London, UK

#142282 Dec 3, 2012
Atheist are piece of sc"m
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#142284 Dec 3, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a lot of atheists, but none of the ones I know despise the Christmas holidays.
I guess you're wrong.
05Dec12.....

.....there's NO such thing as an atheist.

Ps:.....But, you can start vit Richard Dawkins and George Soros to begin vit on their opinions of Christmas.

....and da whole pile of ILK that permeates this Topic....yourself included.

By da vey, BobLoblah is still waiting for you, ya schidt-for-brains, to tell everybody where BobLoblah is from.

Go on. Go ahead. You can do it....ya little Phucka.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#142285 Dec 3, 2012
05Dec12.....

.....Now that Christmas is near...

The correct way to spell Christmas is 'Christmas' and NOT....'Xmas'.

Ps:....only Communists and wannabeee hAtheists use Xmas.....

....along with wannabeee Christians.....who don' even know the difference between a Christmas 'caroll' and a Christmas 'song'.

Do YOU!!!

May the Peace and Joy of the Holy Christ Child be with ALL those hereIn who keep the Faith.

....for da rest of you arseHoles, go schidt yourselves.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#142286 Dec 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
And we thank Mithras for this to this day.
Thank you Mithras oh son of God, savior of mankind, the lamb, the light and the way, centuries before Jesus.
:)
<quoted text>
05Dec12.....

..Waddsamadda..can't handle da Truth!!!

.....Just vot this Topic needs....annudder schidt-for-brains in da name of 'slivEmLiverty'.

Ps:....You are fulla schidt to da eyeballs along vit mitras, dat myth.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Mar 11

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#142287 Dec 4, 2012
Ya Daffy Duck 12 there has a major thing for faux news. Christmas is the best of all the pagan holidays. Man oh man those old pagans knew how to party.

Mithras worshippers would be so proud.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Who despises christmas? Watching too much fox news? "War on christmas?" LOL.
Anyways, I think jesus would be ashamed with you. He wasn't the biggest fan of material possessions, and I doubt very much he would approve of a holiday whose main purpose is the glorification of material goods.
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#142289 Dec 4, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Ya Daffy Duck 12 there hasa major thing for faux news. Christmas is the best ofall the pagan holidays. Man oh man those old pagans knew how to party. Mithras worshippers would be so proud.
05Dec12.....

.....YOU need to get outta yer backYard and see da WholeWideWorld, ya eeejit.

Ps:....Da 'Latinos', who are 100% Christian Catholic Really & Truly KNOW how to party.

....Pagans like you only hang onto the 'coatTails' of the very few people that have money that you can manage to LIE yourself into their company.

Other than that 'slivEmLiverty', you and your ILK are floatsam in a septicTank.

Now why don'tCha slide back down into dat basement apartment dat you share vit your mudder in someOne's outHouse.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#142290 Dec 4, 2012
Leviticus 25:44-46
“‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life.
dr fill

Des Plaines, IL

#142291 Dec 4, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
“‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life.
Yeah,It sounds like such a loving god hah?
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#142292 Dec 4, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
05Dec12.....

.....Get with the times,'slivEmLiverty'. Those words are from the Old Testament which you use all da dime to your own advantage. The Old Testament came together over time from the writings and sayings of the 'wiseMen' from those times. The common folk, who were mostly peasants and worked with their hands had very little comprehension of what was going on in the world. Other tribes came, conquered and went. The locals scratched their heads and wondered about slaves being held by the conquerers. So, the wise men of the times came up with sayings to pacify the peoples in general. It was the only 'education' available....the latterDay computer-savvy for the masses. One can well imagine the state of affairs if there had been NO Old Testament when one looks back on history and sees what went wrong even though there was an Old Testament.

Now, fast forward and readUP on the New Testament. Jesus Christ lived 'only' 2000 years ago which is less than the blink of an eye in the longivity of the Life of our Pale Blue Dot.

Jesus set the Way, the Truth, and the Life should one want to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Some will. Some won't.

Ps:.....BobLoblah will wager dat you won't.....because you have NOT made good use of the 'commonSense' that GOD has given to you and you have, instead, turned yourself into a schidt-for-brains.

.....Now, go and Phuck Off somewhere's amongst your own kind of ILK, ya eeejit.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#142293 Dec 4, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Do you still want me
What makes you think I ever did?

I see they have let you out, welcome back

#142294 Dec 4, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
uh-huh...
You know something, the world population grows by about 1.2% each year. Christianity grows by 1.3%
Enjoy!
Evidence please, just making a statement does not make it true

From everything I have read on the subject, from people who are fairly high up in the church hierarchy and from the radio and TV news christrianity is in decline in comparison to world population. I have shown you this evidence several times before and you have never attempted to counter

But I assume that by making bold and factually inaccurate (lying) statements for your god you are seen as more christian?

Let us examine your figures because we know you do not understand what you posted here.

The world population is approximately 7 billion 1.2% of which is 84,000,000
The estimated number of christians is 2.1 billion, 1.3% of which is 27,300,000

So for every 840 increase in world population you say christianity increases by 273. Tell me what happens to the 567 escapees?

Of course you could also compare it to the increase of Islam at 1.43% and Hinduism at 1.69% and Seikism at 1,87% and Bahai at 2.28% and Zoroastrianism at 2.65%

To conclude, other religions and of course those with no religious affiliation are increasing at more than twice the rate of christinaity. Therefore christianity is in effective decline.

#142295 Dec 4, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so full of love...
'_'
Hey butt breath, if someone has a go at me in the name of their god then I am entitled to a response in kind are is it just custards who you allow that option?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min here 37,688
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 min RiccardoFire 18,672
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min Neville Thompson 280,860
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 14 min Mark Fuhrman 104,623
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Gods r Delusions ... 641,165
OJ Simpson will be in REAL danger if he gets ou... 17 min Mark Fuhrman 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 21 min Neville Thompson 44,289
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min bacon hater 969,874
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Janitor Of The LORD 618,334
More from around the web