Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#141882 Nov 30, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you offer Eagle brownie points. You won't have to dole them out. If he makes the effort. He'll screw it up for sure.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/conditions/nar...

Narcissistic Personality Disorder involves arrogant behavior, a lack of empathy for other people, and a need for admiration-all of which must be consistently evident at work and in relationships. People who are narcissistic are frequently described as cocky, self-centered, manipulative, and demanding. Narcissists may concentrate on unlikely personal outcomes (e.g., fame) and may be convinced that they deserve special treatment. Related Personality Disorders: Antisocial, Borderline, Histrionic. Narcissism is a less extreme version of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Narcissism involves cockiness, manipulativeness, selfishness, power motives, and vanity-a love of mirrors. Related personality traits include: Psychopathy, Machiavellianism.

Narcissists tend to have high self-esteem. However, narcissism is not the same thing as self-esteem; people who have high self-esteem are often humble, whereas narcissists rarely are. It was once thought that narcissists have high self-esteem on the surface, but deep down they are insecure. However, the latest evidence indicates that narcissists are actually secure or grandiose at both levels. Onlookers may infer that insecurity is there because narcissists tend to be defensive when their self-esteem is threatened (e.g., being ridiculed); narcissists can be aggressive.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#141883 Nov 30, 2012
I named a pet lizard of mine Messalina after the veterinarian said it was unusual for the females of that species to be promiscuous. She was a beautiful slut who produced exquisite daughters.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#141884 Nov 30, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I've been watching too much Dr Who. Um, actually I was thinking "Cylon" but Who got in the way.
Let's run with that. Perhaps "Cylonette"?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#141885 Nov 30, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Narcissistic Personality Disorder involves arrogant behavior, a lack of empathy for other people, and a need for admiration-all of which must be consistently evident at work and in relationships. People who are narcissistic are frequently described as cocky, self-centered, manipulative, and demanding. Narcissists may concentrate on unlikely personal outcomes (e.g., fame) and may be convinced that they deserve special treatment. Related Personality Disorders: Antisocial, Borderline, Histrionic. Narcissism is a less extreme version of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Narcissism involves cockiness, manipulativeness, selfishness, power motives, and vanity-a love of mirrors. Related personality traits include: Psychopathy, Machiavellianism.
Narcissists tend to have high self-esteem. However, narcissism is not the same thing as self-esteem; people who have high self-esteem are often humble, whereas narcissists rarely are. It was once thought that narcissists have high self-esteem on the surface, but deep down they are insecure. However, the latest evidence indicates that narcissists are actually secure or grandiose at both levels. Onlookers may infer that insecurity is there because narcissists tend to be defensive when their self-esteem is threatened (e.g., being ridiculed); narcissists can be aggressive.
Eagle, I don't think you're going to find professional help here by advertising your problems. Try the yellow pages or speak with your doctor.

:)

Southern Illinois

#141886 Nov 30, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Eagle - I will give you brownie points if you can go through this post and tell me how many incomplete sentences are in it.
So you want to play a game do you?

How many S are in Mississippi?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#141887 Nov 30, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I don't remember any cybermen...was that in the one waaaaaaaay back in the 70's?
Like, in the days before story?
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I see you still have trouble with English syntax.
And we were getting along so well.

Nope. There's no problem with my syntax, old woman. If you don't understand how I wrote the above, you just don't understand how to use words effectively.

Southern Illinois

#141888 Nov 30, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Eagle, I don't think you're going to find professional help here by advertising your problems. Try the yellow pages or speak with your doctor.
:)
Thank you for everything you have done.

[wink]

Southern Illinois

#141889 Nov 30, 2012
Bob wrote:
1. Jesus claimed to be God - John 8:24; 8:56-59 (see Exodus 3:14); John 10:30-33
2. Jesus is called God - John 1:1,14; 20:28; Col. 2:9; Titus 2:13; Heb. 1:8
3. Jesus is the image of the invisible God - Heb. 1:3
4. Jesus abides forever - Heb. 7:24
5. Jesus created all things - John 1:1-3; Col. 1:15-17
6. Jesus is before all things - John 1:1-3; Col. 1:17;
7. Jesus is eternal - John 1:1,14; 8:58; Micah 5:1-2
8. Jesus is honored the same as the Father - John 5:23
9. Jesus is prayed to - Acts 7:55-60; 1 Cor. 1:2 with Psalm 116:41; (John 14:14)
10. Jesus is worshipped - Matt. 2:2,11; 14:33; John 9:35-38; Heb. 1:6
11. Jesus is omnipresent - Matt. 18:20; 28:20
12. Jesus is with us always - Matt. 28:20
13. Jesus is our only mediator between God and ourselves - 1 Tim. 2:5
14. Jesus is the guarantee of a better covenant - Heb. 7:22; 8:6
15. Jesus said, "I AM the Bread of Life" - John 6:35,41,48,51
16. Jesus said, "I AM the Door" - John 10:7,9
17. Jesus said, "I AM the Good Shepherd" - John 10:11,14
18. Jesus said, "I AM the Way the Truth and The Life" - John 14:6
19. Jesus said, "I AM the Light of the world" - John 8:12; 9:5; 12:46; Luke 2:32
20. Jesus said, "I AM the True Vine" - John 15:1,5
21. Jesus said, "I AM the Resurrection and the Life" - John 11:25
22. Jesus said, "I AM the First and the Last" - Rev. 1:17; 2:8; 22:13
23. Jesus always lives to make intercession for us - Heb. 7:25
24. Jesus cleanses from sin - 1 John 1:9
25. Jesus cleanses us from our sins by His blood - Rev. 1:5; Rom. 5:9
26. Jesus forgives sins - Matt. 9:1-7; Luke 5:20; 7:48
27. Jesus saves forever - Matt. 18:11; John 10:28; Heb. 7:25
28. Jesus discloses Himself to us - John 14:21
29. Jesus draws all men to Himself - John 12:32
30. Jesus gives eternal life - John 10:28; 5:40
31. Jesus resurrects - John 5:39; 6:40,44,54; 11:25-26
32. Jesus gives joy - John 15:11
33. Jesus gives peace - John 14:27
34. Jesus has all authority - Matt. 28:18; John 5:26-27; 17:2; 3:35
35. Jesus judges - John 5:22,27
36. Jesus knows all men - John 16:30; John 21:17
37. Jesus opens the mind to understand scripture - Luke 24:45
38. Jesus received honor and glory from the Father - 1 Pet. 1:17
39. Jesus reveals grace and truth - John 1:17 see John 6:45
40. Jesus reveals the Father - Matt. 11:27; Luke 10:22
41. Jesus bears witness of Himself - John 8:18; 14:6
42. Jesus' works bear witness of Himself - John 5:36; 10:25
43. The Father bears witness of Jesus - John 5:37; 8:18; 1 John 5:9
44. The Holy Spirit bears witness of Jesus - John 15:26
45. The multitudes bear witness of Jesus - John 12:17
46. The Prophets bear witness of Jesus - Acts 10:43
47. The Scriptures bear witness of Jesus - John 5:39
48. The Father will honor us if we serve Jesus - John 12:26 see Col. 3:24
49. The Father wants us to fellowship with Jesus - 1 Cor. 1:9
50. The Father tells us to listen to Jesus - Luke 9:35; Matt. 17:5
51. Everyone who's heard & learned from the Father comes to Jesus - John 6:45
52. We come to Jesus - John 5:50; 6:35,37,45,65; 7:37;
53. The Father draws us to Jesus - John 6:44
54. The Law leads us to Christ - Gal. 3:24
55. Jesus is the Rock - 1 Cor. 10:4
56. Jesus is the Savior - John 4:42; 1 John 4:14
57. Jesus is the King - Matt. 2:1-6; Luke 23:3
58. In Jesus are the treasures of wisdom and knowledge - Col. 2:2-3
59. In Jesus we have been made complete Col. 2:10
60. Jesus indwells us - Col. 1:27
61. Jesus sanctifies - Heb. 2:11
62. Jesus loves - Eph. 5:25
63. We sin against Jesus - 1 Cor. 8:12
64. We receive Jesus - John 1:12; Col. 2:6
65. Jesus makes many righteous - Rom. 5:19
66. Jesus sends the Holy Spirit - John 15:26
67. Jesus offered up Himself - Heb. 7:27; 9:14
68. Jesus offered one sacrifice for sins for all time - Heb. 10:12
69. The Son of God has given us understanding - 1 John 5:20
70. Jesus is the author and perfector of our faith - Heb. 12:2
Thank you, He is the great "I AM."

Southern Illinois

#141890 Nov 30, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of BS. You really need to get laid.
Sorry, I don't do the swingers pool.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#141891 Nov 30, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want to play a game do you?
How many S are in Mississippi?
I don't see any of those, Eagle.

Southern Illinois

#141892 Nov 30, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Eagle - I will give you brownie points if you can go through this post and tell me how many incomplete sentences are in it.
Heres another word game for you.

How many X are in Texas?

Southern Illinois

#141893 Nov 30, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see any of those, Eagle.
Im waiting for Tim before giving out the correct answer.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#141894 Nov 30, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Posting your bio again.

Southern Illinois

#141895 Nov 30, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Posting your bio again.
Now where in Australia did you say you live?

Dumbshitsville?

Bumbfuctville?

Toadlyfuctupville?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#141896 Nov 30, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now where in Australia did you say you live?
Dumbshitsville?
Bumbfuctville?
Toadlyfuctupville?
May your Jesus forgive you.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#141897 Nov 30, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
I thought Dulcinea was a very good fit.
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dulcinea" ;
Actually.
"...she has a crack..."
Don Quixote is one of my favorites.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#141898 Nov 30, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
May your Jesus forgive you.
Why?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#141899 Nov 30, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
And we were getting along so well.
Nope. There's no problem with my syntax, old woman. If you don't understand how I wrote the above, you just don't understand how to use words effectively.
You're right again.

Do you ever get tired of being right?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#141900 Nov 30, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong? Don't what?
I think I've seen the train robbery film.
You are so right!!! We are going to have massive problems in the UK. I'm worried that it's not only going to affect muslims, but people like me too. What the hell would I do if they threw me out? What if you were married to a white guy, then where would they send the kids? Oh shit, I hope things never get that bad, but they probably will.
OMG, ARE THEY? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
02Dec12.....

.....Yep.

Ps:.....'fake' hAtheists and muslimes to da core.

Remember da Quoran tells'em its OK to lie to da infidels such as you and BobLoblah and da WholeWideWorld.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#141901 Nov 30, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism requires as much faith as religion?
Narcissistic Personality Disorder By Psych Central Staff Narcissistic Personality Disorder is characterized by a long-standing pattern of grandiosity (either in fantasy or actual behavior), an overwhelming need for admiration, and usually a complete lack of empathy toward others. People with this disorder often believe they are of primary importance in everybody's life or to anyone they meet. While this pattern of behavior may be appropriate for a king in 16th Century England, it is generally considered inappropriate for most ordinary people today. People with narcissistic personality disorder often display snobbish, disdainful, or patronizing attitudes. For example, an individual with this disorder may complain about a clumsy waiter's "rudeness " or "stupidity " or conclude a medical evaluation with a condescending evaluation of the physician. In laypeople terms, someone with this disorder may be described simply as a "narcissist " or as someone with "narcissism. " Both of these terms generally refer to someone with narcissistic personality disorder. Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder In order for a person to be diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) they must meet five or more of the following symptoms: Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements) Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love Believes that he or she is "special " and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions) Requires excessive admiration Has a very strong sense of entitlement, e.g., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations Is exploitative of others, e.g., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends Lacks empathy, e.g., is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her Regularly shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes http://psychcentra l.com/disorders/sx 36.htm
Hmmm... Sounds kinda like the god of the bible.

Zing!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Anthony MN 543,400
Name a place that you'd consider paradise on earth 6 min Doctor REALITY 8
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min Chris Clearwater 173,936
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min dirty white boy- 741,196
Erik Menendez, America's vilian ??! 27 min Doctor REALITY 2
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 33 min andet1987 4,516
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 35 min Paulo94 159
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 259,795

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••