Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Thinking

Andover, UK

#141546 Nov 29, 2012
You spelt "cocksniff" wrong.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Redneck happens to be a locksmith :)
Thinking

Andover, UK

#141547 Nov 29, 2012
Sadly, I've never listened to a duvet.
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, what a shame! Did u ever listen to him on asian network at night? that was too funny, i was a duvet listener, lol.
@redneck...what u been drinkin'? explain this;
"I figured you'd welcome her in my stead."

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#141548 Nov 29, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
OMG that last poster is a loser
Yo clown!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#141549 Nov 29, 2012
I wonder if Topix atheists "get" impressionistic art?

Probably not. But I can see them reading something by a critic and quoting such profusely to show others how "with it" they are.

They ain't got much imagination.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#141550 Nov 29, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>One of the writers of the New Testament was a Medical Doctor. Did you know that Doctor?

{I don't "trust" people who base their beliefs on unsupported, or in the case of religion, non-existent evidence}.

My good Doctor, I think what you mean in the previous statement. Is that you don’t want to trust people who base their beliefs in God. If you have a heart attack Doctor and I hope you don’t by the way. You may find yourself in the care of people that do believe in God.

When you go to a restaurant my good man. The food you ate may have been prepared by people of faith. Your entire life Doctor you have been around people of faith. They have fed you, clothed you, fixed and manufactured your automobiles, flown and serviced your airplanes. Given your medicine and healthcare.

We know you don’t want to trust people of faith but you have too.
And all of those "people of faith" have to suspend those beliefs in order to do their jobs.

They have to suspend them because their actions need to be based in reality.

If I need to go to a doctor, and he starts praying over me, I'm going to another doctor.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#141551 Nov 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Is he the one that came up with this:

Jesus cures an epileptic "lunatic" by "rebuking the devil." (Epilepsy is caused by devils.) Matthew 17:15-18

Or this?

Jesus puts his fingers in a deaf man's ears, then spits and touches his tongue. This immediately cured his deafness. Mark 7:32-35

Of course that could be explained with magic, but then there's this:

Whoever enters a pool after it is stirred up by angels will be cured of "whatsoever disease he had." John 5:4

Sadly, you said new testament, there's better "cures" in the old. Very funny stuff.
So, wet willies cute deafness.

Interesting.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#141552 Nov 29, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
I wonder if Topix atheists "get" impressionistic art?
Probably not. But I can see them reading something by a critic and quoting such profusely to show others how "with it" they are.
They ain't got much imagination.
You've been playing with ping pong balls, a bad case of flatulence and spent some time in the hot tub recently, haven't you, Dave?

I'm sure you thought it was artistic, too.

That was your impression, anyway.

or something like that....

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#141553 Nov 29, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been playing with ping pong balls, a bad case of flatulence and spent some time in the hot tub recently, haven't you, Dave?
I'm sure you thought it was artistic, too.
That was your impression, anyway.
or something like that....
The cat has been playing with the ping pong balls, I have the gas, and I shut the hot tub down for a while.

Actually, I am at a creative standstill. Everything looks the same, everything sounds the same. Ho hum. I could use some inspiration. Some direction to head off into. Or some decent entertainment.

dr of history

Mount Prospect, IL

#141554 Nov 29, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, We believe there is only one God! Everyone worships the same God but every religion uses different names for him. Your God is the same as my God, but I have a different view of him. We have a different understanding of him and a different relationship with him.
Well klemmintime,Ya see the god that everybody worships is simply our creator that lives on the tenth planet in our solar system.Yes The planet nirubi is where the sumerians live.They created human kind on earth long before the bible claims.Ya see 99% of all the storys in the old testiment are coppied from the sumerian writings.There were two brother sumerians that created man kind on earth for slave purposes only.They needed people tp mine gold in the africa gold mines.Ya see Klemm on their planet they needed gold for their planet to survive.The one brother wanted to let us know why we were made and the other brother said heck no they will rebel if they know they were designed for slavery.So they parted ways and the first brother started a group called the order of the snake,Which the bible coppied the talking snake story in eden in the bible they just tweeked it a little.So they dont require any worship or praise or 24/7 assss kissin as does the false god of the bible.The correct creators of our race are kind of embarrassed that they created us for work only.Not for paradise earth as the bible states.Look up the sumerian alien connection if you doubt me.Thank You for your time Klemmintime.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#141555 Nov 29, 2012
dr of history wrote:
<quoted text>Yes The planet nirubi is where the sumerians live.They created human kind on earth etc..
As I said paranoid conspiracy theories.

Seriously have a lot at the evidence rationally.

See this youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Ancient Aliens Debunked.

Ancient Aliens Debunked is a 3 hour refutation of the theories proposed on the History Channel series Ancient Aliens. It is essentially a point by point critique of the "ancient astronaut theory" which has been proposed by people like Erich von Dniken and Zecharia Sitchin as well as many others.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#141556 Nov 29, 2012
typo: have a look at the evidence rationally.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#141558 Nov 29, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So, wet willies cute deafness.
W...T...F...?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#141559 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
W...T...F...?
He meant cure, not cute.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#141560 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
um..... Why would a whale need to be on the Ark?
'_'
Logic my dear boy, pure logic

Whales and many other salt water aquatic animals cannot survive in fresh water

What comes out of the sky why its raining?

And how much fresh water would be needed to cover the earth to a depth of 8.855 kilometres?(7 metres higher then the highest mountain as specified in the babble)

I actually worked it out the other day to quote to a creationist, it was around 4,500,000,000 cubic kilometers of water which happens to be around 3.5 times the amount of water that exists on the earth. he has not responded.

And would such an amount of fresh water dilute the salt water?

And having diluted the salt water what would happen to the whales after a year emerged in water with less that 28% the salt content they need?

And yet we still have whales and sharks swimming our seas which just happen to contain slat water of enough salinity to sustain their life.

Or of course you could simply shrug your shoulders, ignore the scientific and natural necessities and say it was magic

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#141561 Nov 29, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
IT'S!
I'm not Catcher!
Oh yes you are.

Southern Illinois

#141562 Nov 29, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yay!
Gold star for you!
Now you are giving yourself a gold star.

Man you are just a freaking weirdo.

All this role playing as women. Why?

What in the hell is wrong with you?

Southern Illinois

#141563 Nov 29, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct and I apologize.....
Do you have a multiple personality disorder?

Why do you do all this role playing as women?

Someone shined the light on you. Probably one of your own fellow atheist. Now youre playing this other role as a woman.

You are just freaking weird man. You know if your computer is ever taken in a search warrant. All this freaking role playing will come out in public. It will be the end of your career as you know it.

Get some professional help, talk to Oprah or somebody.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#141564 Nov 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Depression is the sign of a weak mind.
Jeesus fooking christ on a crutch are to completely clueless?

Not only are you a sexist moron but you delight in mocking medical conditions you can only be christian

Making stupid statements is a sign of a weak mind

Blindly following a god book is a sign of a weak mind

Depression is a medical condition that can have several triggers. The cause is unknown and can in no what be associated with a weak mind. It is the more intelligent person who is statistically more likely to suffer depression so we can pretty much guarantee that you will never suffer from its debilitating effects

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#141565 Nov 29, 2012
NOT!!!

Southern Illinois

#141566 Nov 29, 2012
What would possess a man to pretend to be multiple women on topix?

I just dont understand this person known as Catcher1 playing different roles as women. Flirting with you other Atheist as if hes a woman. You do realize youre talking to a fellow atheist and a man?

If one of his characters goes away. Another new one comes and takes her place. Theyre always young and attractive women so he would want you to believe. Young beautiful women have better things to do with their time.

They have boyfriends, school, work, friends and family. They dont have time to be on here with a group of Baby Boomers. Hey, if you want to talk to another man pretending to be a woman, knock yourself out.

But I find it waaaaaaaay too freaking weird.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Aura Mytha 739,604
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min New Age Spiritual... 542,765
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min Dr_Zorderz 259,595
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min lisw 173,712
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 24 min girls united states 168
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 34 min Rachael13 1,856
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 39 min Remnant of 144000 38,709
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Innocent Holy dr ... 601,120

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••