Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#141511 Nov 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
IT'S!
I'm not Catcher!
You're not?

Now I'm becoming very confused, Clementine.

Long Beach, CA

#141512 Nov 28, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Earth to Dave...Come in Dave!
What was it Buck used to say, something about Kenneth?

Long Beach, CA

#141513 Nov 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT? I don't get it!
See guys, i'm from england and i am 'eternal bliss', sorry i won't mess around again.
see eagle i'm from uk! i'm not catcher!!
Max Frisch, a Swiss author, wrote a book I thought was fantastic: "I'm not Stiller." Written in the first person, the protagonist sets out to prove to the authorities, and to the reader that he's not this Stiller guy, who is wanted for something or other that isn't disclosed. But try as he will, he is unable to prove to the investigators that he isn't Stiller. Of course, it's very frustrating for the reader, who empathizes for the poor guy. But--as the story proceeds, the reader begins to have doubts. Is it true that he's not Stiller? Maybe he is after all.

I won't disclose any more, but I highly recommend the book, it's almost impossible to put it down.

I hope it's still in print.

Long Beach, CA

#141514 Nov 28, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The chicken is a lie!
No Clementine!

You stole my Clementine!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#141515 Nov 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I meant that in christianity ONLY Jesus gave his life for all people,
It is an exclusive claim. Not optional or shared whith others.
but in sikhi so many gurus/saints gave their life for all people.
And you are dependent on these sikhi's and gurus for salvation or saving relationship with God apart from Christ?
But they still never said worship us, we are God.
They are men. When they die they are still in their graves or cremated or whatever. Jesus resurrected as proof to all He is the Savior. Jesus is Man/God.
I don't believe Jesus would have ever said, only I can take you to God,
Actually Jesus did. John 14:6.'I am the way the truth the life; no one comes to the Father (God) but through Me.'
No I don't believe Jesus is the only saviour of humankind. In my religion that is a false claim.
Then either your religion is wrong or Jesus is wrong. Both cannot be right.
Christ didn't die needlessly, I'm sure he helped alot of people and he keeps helping them.
If your religion is true then Jesus is a liar. How does that help people? Beliefs may give purpose and direction in life and help people to be better and may also provide a basis for living but does your belief, your trust in these gurus get you to God? Relative to Christ i think you are putting your trust is a dry well by trusting these gurus and i am not trying to be mean. Just telling you what you need to know. You need to investigate Christ. Two books that helped me were,'Basic Christianity' by John Stott and 'The Holiness of God' by RC Sproul.

Since: Nov 12

Soddy Daisy, TN

#141516 Nov 28, 2012
Here's how I see things: atheism is as much of a religion as not smoking is a habit.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#141517 Nov 28, 2012
DarkMoonBunny wrote:
Here's how I see things: atheism is as much of a religion as not smoking is a habit.
Well said.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#141518 Nov 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
But what I don't get is that why would a magic God who created the whole universe, need a man to build an ark, to save each species? It just don't make sense to me!
Ahh, you're getting better, none of it will make sense. The more you learn about Religion, the less sense it will make to you until suddenly-------You realize just how foolish it is to believe in things you can't prove.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#141519 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you read?
How many times do you have to taught that the world wasn't created in 6 days.........?
Are you retarded?
(sorry, retards, that was mean to you.)
So the world WASN'T created in 6 days, who knew! Tell that to all the Christians.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#141520 Nov 28, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
?
The letter "A" is a symbolic representation.
Now, that's a fact.
You are a master at avoiding things you can't argue. Come on, lets see some of that pseudo-sceice BS to show that either A is or it isn't. Ready...set....go!!!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#141521 Nov 28, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh, you're getting better, none of it will make sense. The more you learn about Religion, the less sense it will make to you until suddenly-------You realize just how foolish it is to believe in things you can't prove.
If you are atheist then you cannot prove that either. By your own definition your atheism is foolish.
AlleyOop

North Augusta, SC

#141522 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God gave the people of Noah's time 120 years to prepare for God's judgment and repent of their sin and rebellion toward God. During this time of grace only Noah and his family obeyed, repented, and were saved.
Before God judges a people, He always gives fair warning. This is seen many times in the Bible. No one will be able to come before the judgement throne of God and say they never knew about God's demands.
Do you think there will be cavemen in heaven? What about Cro Magnons or even Neanderthals? Were they close enough to human to have a soul?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#141523 Nov 28, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how vacuum tubes work?
You have to heat things up to make information flow. An older EM thingy.
So are fever dreams the key to genius?

Location hidden

#141524 Nov 28, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pedro’s Legal Service
Yes we accept Chickens!
Me’s also help me’s vato’s wid de English grammar, cause me’s smart.
Catcher called it.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#141525 Nov 28, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> If you are atheist then you cannot prove that either. By your own definition your atheism is foolish.
You people always resort to that lame ass argument asking Atheists to PROVE a negative, You do know how stupid that argument is right? I thought Bertram Russell's celestial tea pot analogy put that idiotic position to rest. I guess you missed it. Here's how it goes skippy....The person making the POSITIVE CLAIM..."God exists" Is solely responsible to prove his claim. The person who says, "I don't believe in God because of the lack of evidence" Doesn't have to provide any evidence since there is NONE.

Now, why don't you believe I have an invisible pink fire breathing dragon in my garage? Maybe you do. LOL

Location hidden

#141526 Nov 28, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The chicken is a lie!
http://www.gourmetgaming.co.uk /post/6083685670/portal-the-ca ke-is-a-lie-for-my-first

It's real.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#141527 Nov 28, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
No Catcher is Happy Lesbo
.. no, no, no. My sock is Clementia ..

With Established Harem

#141528 Nov 28, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm at least two people.
I don't know where my other personality is right now.
I'm sure she'll be along.
.. you rang ??..

With Established Harem

#141529 Nov 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You had me at hello.....
.. ya, I know ..

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#141530 Nov 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't pretend you care, u big meany blob!!!! How could u pick on me like that?
30Nov12.....

....do so 'review' BobLoblah's squashy comment and you vill see dat it was directed towards annudder poster....and NOT you.

Ps:.....be careful out there.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Hukt on Fonix 776,084
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min WildWeirdWillie 175,713
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min EdmondWA 96,763
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 559,790
21 Dead Babies Found on Riverbank in China (Mar '10) 17 min Lee 666
Moses never existed 39 min WasteWater 769
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 50 min Charlie Sheen 265,251
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr lil whispers 605,117
More from around the web