Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258485 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#141300 Nov 28, 2012

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#141301 Nov 28, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And not a single bone was saved.
The stoneworks and mounds were interesting.
He lost me at the giant skeleton reports with no evidence (save one easily faked picture) and the Smithsonian conspiracy.
A lot of those places are fairly nearby. I'll have to check some of them out.
On the subject of giant humans, Hiding is the best person to ask. However, if I may paraphrase what she told me in email once:

When a civilisation lives in near-optimal environment; readily available food sources, practically zero disease, etc, humans tend to increase in size, after about the 5th generation or so.

These humans are immense - 6 ft 6 and upwards.

For that reason, you will occasionally find skeletons of 'giant humans'- some may be as tall as 7 foot.

*Any error in here is mine and not HFY's*

Now, that is the biggest humans one would find. 10, 12 and 16ft humans have not been found by any accrdited source.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#141302 Nov 28, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
On the subject of giant humans, Hiding is the best person to ask. However, if I may paraphrase what she told me in email once:
When a civilisation lives in near-optimal environment; readily available food sources, practically zero disease, etc, humans tend to increase in size, after about the 5th generation or so.
These humans are immense - 6 ft 6 and upwards.
For that reason, you will occasionally find skeletons of 'giant humans'- some may be as tall as 7 foot.
*Any error in here is mine and not HFY's*
Now, that is the biggest humans one would find. 10, 12 and 16ft humans have not been found by any accrdited source.
You should see these:
&pl aynext=1&list=PL7CB4307A0E 18E142

They're not possible, even with perfect health, anything more than I believe it was 8 feet would not be possible for the human anatomy.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#141303 Nov 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You should see these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YeBfMDJUxSAXX&playnext=1 &list=PL7CB4307A0E18E142
They're not possible, even with perfect health, anything more than I believe it was 8 feet would not be possible for the human anatomy.
Yes. Totally impossible.

Needless to say, humans of that size have not been found by any accredited sources at all

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#141304 Nov 28, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>Capitalism is an economic system that is based on private ownership of the means of production and the creation of goods or services for profit.[1] Other elements central to capitalism include competitive markets and capital accumulation.
----
last time I checked almost all businesses in the U.S are privately owned and are for profit.
Just because Wall Street crashed and the government had to bail out a few bank and investment firms, didn't change much.
You're not following the investment and subsidies of your government. It skews ownership and undermines the notion of capitalism. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's utterly naive to believe you exist in a lazze faire market. You don't. You live in a market where the government subsidizes enterprizes it deems worthy of a future, requires them to compete against other nations, or requiring support to survive in a rapidly changing world.

Yes, America is more capitalist than other nations. No, America is not actually a free market. To think so is to be naive - just think about corn farmers. Soy farmers. The auto industry. The defense industry. Lumber. Fishing. Oil. The space industry. Medical care.

Boss, the list goes on and on. That's not a fault, it can be a good thing, but if you want to seriously analyze the issues, you have to understand how the US and market function.

In fact, a perfectly pure free enterprise system would be utterly repulsive. It would ditch the old in favor of the young, it would never offer health care except if you could beat the odds, and it would dump anyone in a losing position as easily as choosing a new shirt.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#141305 Nov 28, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, but I'm sure they've read all the literature.
That makes them experts, dontcha know.
You know, I teach this stuff. I really do. Anthropology and evolution and curious students requires that I am intimately familiar with how drugs of relaxation work. I get lots of fun questions from the students, like "if I do ecstasy on a daily basis, will it screw my brain up?"

Of course I answer "no, not at all." I mean, I have to keep my supply chains open and running. Poor kids.
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#141306 Nov 28, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
Imagine that I tell youthe following story: I was in my room one night. Suddenly, my room became exceedingly bright. Next thing I knowthere is an angel in my room. He tells me an amazing story. He says thatthere is a set of ancient golden plates buried inthe side of a hill in New York. Onthem arethe books of a lost race of Jewish people who inhabited North America.These plates bear inscriptions inthe foreign language ofthese people. Eventuallythe angel leads me tothe plates and lets me takethem home. Even thoughthe plates are in a foreign language,the angel helps me to decipher and translatethem.Thenthe plates are taken up into heaven, never to be seen again. I havethe book that I translated fromthe plates. It tells of amazing things -- an entire civilization of Jewish people living here inthe United States 2,000 years ago. Andthe resurrected Jesus came and visitedthese people! I also showedthe golden plates to a number of real people who are my eye witnesses, and I havetheir signed attestations thatthey did, in fact, see and touchthe plates beforethe plates were taken up into heaven. Now, what would you say to me about this story? Even though I do have a book, in English, that tellsthe story of this lost Jewish civilization, and even though I do havethe signed attestations, what do you think? This story sounds nutty, doesn't it?
29Nov12.....

.....Not to Stephen Spielberg.

Ps:....and quite a few udders.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#141307 Nov 28, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
Your story is hypothetical and you don’t believe it. Well if you don’t believe how inthe hell do you expect me to believe it?
29Nov12.....

.....Attention: Eagle 12

BobLoblah has a theory on where haul dese schidt-for-brains came from.

Ps:....BobLoblah know dat you know, but do you wanna hear anyveys.

Meanwhile, back at da ranch, haul da schidt-for-brains are sittin', starin', at dere monitors and a wonderin' and a waitin' to hear da explanation of BobLoblah.

WhatCha say!!!

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#141308 Nov 28, 2012
29Nov12.....

.....such as the 'personal relationship' that the Reverend Jesse Jackson JR. has vit the Chinks and continues to grow...what with they being Communist and all, and havin' all dat cheap child-labor in their countrySides... and Jackson (in Reality) being a hypocrite (professing to be a preacher on da one hand, and being a militant on the other)....The Chinks gave Jackson a lotta dough over the last 30 - 40 years and he repaid in kind by selling out America. A whole lotta people just don't know that. YET!!!...but it's True.

......The son of da Reverend Jesse Jackson SR., Jesse Jackson JR. just last week resigned his senatorship within the US of A senate.

Jackson has indicated in his resignation that he has done some wrong things, but that he is resigning mainly because he has been diagnosed as being Bi-Polar.

Bullschidt.

Jackson JR. is being investigated for corruption and things are 'heating UP'. Daddy won't get'em OFF this time.

Jackson JR. is the spawn of the biggest LIAR and Crook in the US of A and a former Black Panter to boot. Where in the hell did this pack of wolves get the untold millions that they have in the bank!!!!!....They most certainly do NOT have the education to have earned that amount legimately.

BobLoblah wouldn't trust these maggots as far as BobLoblah could toss'em. Ps:....and may they rot in hell to which they so vell belong.

They are hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains like so many hereIN.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Thinking

Cirencester, UK

#141309 Nov 28, 2012
An Indian giver is someone who gives a present but takes it back. A bit like the infected blankets that wiped out indigenous Americans.

An Indian burn is more usually called a Chinese burn in the UK.

Anyway, everything is Indian. The proof is here:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, i'm sorry, i don't get it!
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#141310 Nov 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
I lovethe pagan holidays, Xmas is a great one when you live in an area with winter. That yule tree and log smells so good inthe crisp air.
29Nov12.....

.....The most correct way to spell Christmas is Christmas...and NOT Xmas!!!

Ps:....This goes to show ALL posters exactly the level of your IQ which BobLoblah pegs at below that of a cabbage.

Wanna know the origin of 'Xmas'???.....You could Never guess, ya schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#141311 Nov 28, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
Onthe subject of giant humans, Hiding isthe best person toask. However, if I may paraphrase what she told me in email once: When a civilisation lives in near-optimal environment; readily available food sources, practically zero disease, etc, humans tend to increase in size, after aboutthe 5th generation or so.These humans are immense - 6 ft 6 and upwards. For that reason, you will occasionally find skeletons of 'giant humans'- some may beas tallas 7 foot.*Any error in here is mine and not HFY's* Now, that isthe biggest humans one would find. 10, 12 and 16ft humans have not been found by any accrdited source.
29Nov12.....

....If the first people were BLACK, how did people become WHITE.

Ps:....BobLoblah already knows dis von, BUT you could enlighten haul da schidt-for-brains dat are in hour midst tooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#141312 Nov 28, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
You're not followingthe investment and subsidies of your government. It skews ownership and underminesthe notion of capitalism. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's utterly naive to believe you exist in a lazze faire market. You don't. You live in a market wherethe government subsidizes enterprizes it deems worthy of a future, requiresthem to compete against other nations, or requiring support to survive in a rapidly changing world. Yes, America is more capitalist than other nations. No, America is not actually a free market. To think so is to be naive - just think about corn farmers. Soy farmers.The auto industry.The defense industry. Lumber. Fishing. Oil.The space industry. Medical care. Boss,the list goes on and on. That's not a fault, it can be a good thing, but if you want to seriously analyzethe issues, you have to understand howthe US and market function. In fact, a perfectly pure free enterprise system would be utterly repulsive. It would ditchthe old in favor ofthe young, it would never offer health care except if you could beatthe odds, and it would dump anyone in a losing positionas easilyas choosing a new shirt.
29Nov12.....

.....the economy of the United Kingdom (UK...for eeejits) is so phuckedUP dat the Bank of England could NOT find anyOne locally to manage its affairs. For the first time in its history, the Bank of England has had to go outSide to find someOne to run the bank. They have chosen a person from Canada. It's on ALL da news toooooooooooo.

Ps:....Just goes to show how far 'down' da ladder things have come since the days od Charles Dickens's 'Oliver Twist'.

Something smells rotten in Denmark, BobLoblah thinks and anyTime within the next 10 - 12 years the Chinks will buy the UK.....if the muslimes have Not already done so tooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#141313 Nov 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
:-) I agree! That's why sikhism came into existence, to stop people forcingtheir beliefs on others. I know I'm not a very good sikh, but I try my best to follow GGS. I believethe GGS to bethe truth, that's why I don't push my belief on anyone and also I'm not going to have someone forcetheir belief on me [email protected] atheist gibbs..who said u could call me Clemm? huh?:-)@Redneck...don't make me show you my fist, lol.
29Nov12.....

.....No need to explain yourself in tooooooooo much detail. You have been part of the group long enough now for 'interested' members to have readUp on your earlier messages and either to have accepted your or not accepted you. NewComers who ask you questions that you have already answered need to hear you say "I have already answered your question in an earlier posting and you should readUP on the history ot fhis Topic before you 'begin' to ask questions'. If you do Not tell these eeejits that, you will be forever explaining yourself over and over and over and over.

Ps:.....If you can't come to BobLoblah, then who can you come to.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Thinking

Cirencester, UK

#141314 Nov 28, 2012
Shaun Ryder: "living" proof that drugs have no side effects!

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I teach this stuff. I really do. Anthropology and evolution and curious students requires that I am intimately familiar with how drugs of relaxation work. I get lots of fun questions from the students, like "if I do ecstasy on a daily basis, will it screw my brain up?"
Of course I answer "no, not at all." I mean, I have to keep my supply chains open and running. Poor kids.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#141315 Nov 28, 2012
Cool, Bobs here. Easy scrollin.

I like it.
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#141316 Nov 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
My God isthe same God! we call him ram, allah, khuda and we can call him by any name. "The guru is shiva, brahma and God is goddess paarpati...". "I see my God inthe bible andthe koran too"...."can you not see God inthe vedas". We see God in everythng and everyone! We all come fromthe same source, we are not enemies of each other. Guru nanak dev ji never said leave your own religion,they said you follow yours and let other people followthere's, stop forcing religion on people! Hinduism (scriptures) has the same beliefas sikhism, hanuman ji is not God in any of our religions. He was a saint! But I thinkthe ramayaan is a mythical story, anyway. Can you not see good inthe bible? Are you honestly sayingthere is not even one line inthe bible which speaksthe truth? I see truth even in some ofthe lines ofthe bible. Truth (God) is pervading everywhere!They only evidence I have is that my gurus andthe sikhs of that time whenthe GGS was written becamethe best human beings I have ever read about. Sikhism is a very new religion and we have alot of historical evidence (English, french, muslim sources) to prove sikhs were one ofthe, if notthe most, nicest people to walk this planet and this was only due to guru nanak dev jis teachings; live and let live!
29Nov12.....

.....Stop wasting your dime with the 'blackFlagoon'. It is one evil, hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist....and it is NOT a Full member of TOPIX Forums because its moniker is in BLACK.

Ps:....If you are readingUP 'blackGoonie'....phuckOFF, ya pissAss.

Tell'em BobLoblah sentCha.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#141317 Nov 28, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
An Indian Giver is one who gives you something but then later asks to have it back. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_giver An Indian Burn is a mild form of torture usually inflicted on a sibling or close friend. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Cuyw-yYNZisXX Neither really has anything to do with India or Indian people.
29Nov12.....

.....Indian Giver pertains to North American indians and NOT East Indians.

Ps:....The expression is a 'takeOff'.....'beware of Greeks bearing false gifts'.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#141318 Nov 28, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>That doesn't make you right.

You should know that, but then again, you being you.
Doesn't make me wrong, either.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

In this case, the evidence is not only not extraordinary.

It's non existent.
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#141319 Nov 28, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
In christianity only Jesus died for his people, but in sikhi nearly every guru was tortured and died for their people. My 5th guru was tortured, made to sit on a massive burning hot metal plate and had hot sand poured over their body. My 9th guru was tortured and beheaded. My 10th gurus children, only 7 and 9, were tortured, bricked alive and beheaded. His older children who were 11 and 15 were killed in battle. His mother was thrown of a tower and his father was the 9th guru who was beheaded.
Other saints were boiled alive, burned alive, cut from head to toe in half, had their scalp cut off. Babies were cut into pieces and those pieces were sewn together and made into necklaces which were put around their mothers necks.
Our first sikh saint general was banda singh bahadur, his 4 year old son was cut open, while alive and his little heart was put in his fathers mouth. Then bahadur jis "eyes were gouged out. Baba ji's Body was then hung on a Gate where he was skinned alive. Then his body was pierced with red hot rods; finally he dismembered limb by limb".-sikhiwiki.
And this is just the beginning of sikh history!
Christians love jesus because he died on a cross for them, so how can I leave my gurus and sanits who went through SO MUCH, just for me? I can't!
There are sooooooooo many saints, they walk amongst us! The are the ones who fight for justice, they are the purest of the pure!!
Guru nanak dev ji was physically a man, but he had reached divine understanding, so he became one with God. We believe that when you become one with someone the difference between you and them is finished. You become them and they become you. This can only be understood through love, not with your brains. If you loved a woman more than yourself and she loved you more than herself, there would be no difference between you in your hearts, but you will always be a man and she a woman.
No it's ok, you can butt in any time!:-)
Are you a christian?
29Nov12.....

.....You otta go and see 'The Last Temptation Of The Christ'...

Ps:.....Dat otta open yer eyes to vot Torture really is.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sensual London Massage (Apr '12) 38 min shaggy 9
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr ROCCO 31,647
Couple in dallas tx looking for a female to hav... (Jan '15) 1 hr rmmslat 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr nanoanomaly 987,439
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Phooey 687,432
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 hr Ricky F 39,265
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 4 hr Johnny 6
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) Sep 21 River Tam 619,794
More from around the web