Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256632 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#141114 Nov 27, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>Alcohol was made legal and they’re still making moonshine in the back country.
And avoiding taxes.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#141115 Nov 27, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up around boats myself Doctor. We never had a bilge pump. If water came into the boat. We just get going and pull the drain plug and the water would drain out.
If the current was strong enough going around the Ark. Simply removing the aft drain plug would drain away the water.
Some Asian wooden ships were believed to have been 400’ or longer.
You are confused , it takes acceleration on the boats part in order for that to work because it is the result of inertia.

There has never been a a 400 ft ship built entirely of wood that was seaworthy. It is an engineering problem with the tensile strength of wood that could not be overcome in those days, and hasn't been ever since either.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#141116 Nov 27, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Clementia... Show him your evince!
(flash 'em!)
You are a moron aren’t you? Go have a few beers (you need the support) and wave yourdick about to prove you are a man, well to prove you have adick, well that is of course if you have one worth waving.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#141117 Nov 27, 2012
An ark for Noah's purpose would have no need whatsoever to be navigated. It would have been built like a raft or barge, squarish or roundish. with a center of gravity or outriggers with weights to keep it level as possible. One would think there would be a lot of vomit from rising and falling in big swells.

An important part would be providing a way to keep the bottom and sides from breaking by hitting rocks. Some cushioning or outriggers would help in that. Perhaps netting or something to hold flotsam close to the hull. Loose vegetation surrounding it, deadening impacts and providing some attenuation of wave action. Like a box floating in a collection of seaweed.

A big covered raft surrounded by loose material. There was probably a lot of loose material floating around. Not exactly like sailing in an open sea, especially if it launched within a mountainous or hilly terrain.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#141118 Nov 27, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.
You moron.
The only way to drain a boat by pulling the plug is to be making significant headway.
What kind of propulsion did the ark have?
Propulsion is certainly one way to create a current around a vessel.

Fast moving storm currents can also accomplish the same thing.

You were supposed to have graduated from the Naval Academy?

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#141119 Nov 27, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
For some reason, I feel really uncomfortable meeting celebrities.
I'll make you feel at ease, Aero.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#141120 Nov 27, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up around boats myself Doctor. We never had a bilge pump. If water came into the boat. We just get going and pull the drain plug and the water would drain out.
If the current was strong enough going around the Ark. Simply removing the aft drain plug would drain away the water.
Some Asian wooden ships were believed to have been 400’ or longer.
It is STILL impossible even with todays technology to build a wooden vessel of the dimensions specified for the ark without metal bracing and strengthening

There are also considerable logistical and logical difficulties for example transporting koala bears, polar bears, spectacled bears etc to the middle east from unknown continents

As well as food storage for 18 million animals for over a year

And who mucked them out?

Sea water is still salty, fresh water is not.

Did the ark carry 2 or 7 blue whales? After all whale meat is classed as food in some countries

Plus of course that geologists can not find any trace of a world flood

And then there is the DNA evidence that proves that male genetic progenitor of mankind lived some 50,000 years ago and the female genetic progenitor lived some 80,000 years earlier. There was no diminishing of the DNA pool around 2300 BC

Westcliffe, CO

#141121 Nov 27, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Propulsion is certainly one way to create a current around a vessel.
Fixed rudders would do it, too. Put two channeling current on one end and the current would lever the craft in line with the current and provide the increase of velocity to carry away the excess. Two rudders with the outward facing edges closer than the inboard edges.

The ark wasn't designed to steam or sail into Monaco and tie up at the dock.
Thinking

Cirencester, UK

#141122 Nov 27, 2012
How many species of termite, woodworm and wood eating wasps were taken onto this ark?
Dave Nelson wrote:
An ark for Noah's purpose would have no need whatsoever to be navigated. It would have been built like a raft or barge, squarish or roundish. with a center of gravity or outriggers with weights to keep it level as possible. One would think there would be a lot of vomit from rising and falling in big swells.
An important part would be providing a way to keep the bottom and sides from breaking by hitting rocks. Some cushioning or outriggers would help in that. Perhaps netting or something to hold flotsam close to the hull. Loose vegetation surrounding it, deadening impacts and providing some attenuation of wave action. Like a box floating in a collection of seaweed.
A big covered raft surrounded by loose material. There was probably a lot of loose material floating around. Not exactly like sailing in an open sea, especially if it launched within a mountainous or hilly terrain.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#141123 Nov 27, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:

You are sinking deeper into dementia.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#141124 Nov 27, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>Propulsion is certainly one way to create a current around a vessel.

I didn't say I graduated. I spent two loooong years there and quit.

But I did learn that a boat moves WITH a current. The current does not move around the boat.

Save your pennies and buy a clue.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#141125 Nov 27, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'll make you feel at ease, Aero.
Are you a celebrity?

Westcliffe, CO

#141126 Nov 27, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sinking deeper into dementia.
If I keep up at it long enough I will catch up to you.

Westcliffe, CO

#141127 Nov 27, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say I graduated. I spent two loooong years there and quit.
But I did learn that a boat moves WITH a current. The current does not move around the boat.
Save your pennies and buy a clue.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_anchor

Quit or asked to leave?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#141128 Nov 27, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Fixed rudders would do it, too. Put two channeling current on one end and the current would lever the craft in line with the current and provide the increase of velocity to carry away the excess. Two rudders with the outward facing edges closer than the inboard edges.

The ark wasn't designed to steam or sail into Monaco and tie up at the dock.
The ark would move with the current. There would be no water flowing past any rudders.

A sea anchor, similar to a parachute, but immersed in the sea and tied to the bow, would keep the bow into the wind, but only if there was sufficient wind.

A free floating, unpropelled boat would flounder every which way regardless of currents or rudders.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#141129 Nov 27, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_anchor

Quit or asked to leave?
Quit.

And I just posted about a sea anchor.

They are effective in wind.

They are not effective in currents.

Westcliffe, CO

#141130 Nov 27, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit.
Uh, water currents are wind on steroids.

Frontal area, inertia, buoyancy, leverage on centers of gravity, and a host of other thingies also come into play. Shit, maybe even random quantum fluctuations.

BTW, the ark was alleged to have a fairly poor wind profile. Kind of streamlined.

Westcliffe, CO

#141131 Nov 27, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buoyancy

BTW, retard, things like this allow for creating thingies you can lever from. There is a difference between being tied to an anchor on the sea floor, and a weight just hanging from a buoy. But only in degree of resistance.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#141132 Nov 27, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, water currents are wind on steroids.

Frontal area, inertia, buoyancy, leverage on centers of gravity, and a host of other thingies also come into play. Shit, maybe even random quantum fluctuations.

BTW, the ark was alleged to have a fairly poor wind profile. Kind of streamlined.
What exactly, other than wind or an anchor set or dragging on the sea bed, would prevent ANY unpowered object on the surface of a body of water, from moving with the current.

None of your fart bubble theory here.

Stick to reality.

Throw an anchor when you get there.

Westcliffe, CO

#141133 Nov 27, 2012
http://phys.org/news/2012-11-unexpected-large...

More shadows to chase and new terms to create to compensate for an incorrect theory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Dr Banonator 64,854
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 5 min WillTheThrill 180
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min The Hangman 973,966
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Phooey 654,501
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min LAWEST100 618,747
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Neville Thompson 281,961
OJ SIMPSON - CRIMINAL HISTORY since adolescence! (Dec '08) 14 min Terry 30
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 min Steve III 45,308
More from around the web