Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
135,521 - 135,540 of 224,131 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>lol..that's typical of these atheists.
Well..Christianity is growing, which is good. But only Jesus really knows how many of these Christians are authentic Christians that have a spiritual relationship with Him...and who the false hypocritical Christians are that have fallen away or only have a title "christian", own a bible, and go to church.
You believe in Jesus? is Jesus your personal Lord and Savior and the only God you serve? or do you just believe in Jesus because of his teachings? they are not the same thing. Many people believe Jesus existed and agree with His teachings, but that alone does them no good.
lol, but Bobloblah isn't an atheist.

How can christianity growing be a good thing, if the followers are all brainwashed cowards?

I don't know! All I know is that I love the imagine of Jesus I have in my head. I don't know what the bible says.

I only believe in one God. Whether I go to the temple, gurudwara or church, I only pray to the one. Whether I say waheguru, allah, God, I only think of the one.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My experience has taught me that a man who has vices is a dumb sh**.
Eagle12
What's in your medicine cabinet? Everyone's got a crutch, especially those who profess not to. You're not that good. Really.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Where was the error in his post eagle? I'd love to hear this.
I'll give you the same advice. Go to Jr. College and take a grammar course.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave.
You posted to Aerobatty, chiding him for smoking pot, and sarcastically telling him to suck deep. Knowing of your cigarette smoking habit, I posted to you, suggesting the same.
No crudity. Just your dirty-old-man mind.
Can I help you with anything else?
Yes, pick up the dead chicken in front of your office trailer.

“lie2menomo”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>To bad neither you nor your brother had the inner strength to deal directly with your problems. One of the dangers of relying on an imaginary outside agent to guide you throughout adversity, is you don't learn to develop this inner strength. It's a crutch, a false sense of comfort, in the end it can only weaken you. Curled up in a ball whining for God to "please help me" instead of standing on your own two feet and facing the world like a man. You end up a whimpering child, begging your sky daddy to help and comfort you.
You are so wrong God is our inner strengh, It`s a comfort only a believer can feel. Comfort is not a sense, it is a feeling. You are to busy trying to take comfort from humanity. Why? At least give information on how strong you are face the world like a man tell the truth, who are you? how do you live? Do you love your nieghbor? Was you childhood free off adversity, Do you have same tax rate? Did you know anyone who suffered because he never had a crutch. Did you ever whimper as a child and beg for help. If so you are the blessed. At least hope we can all experince this what a wonderfull world it would be. I want you to know i get the peace he knows his brother only Got from God,, I am sure his brother does to. They both felt the spirt, imagin that. I feel bullied when you talk, I then sence God will take care of my enemies, And move on. I am just saying. Please no need to hate on me, I don`t hate you.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
(2 Samuel 12:11-14 NAB)
Thus says the Lord:'I will bring evil upon you out of your own house. I will take your wives [plural] while you live to see it, and will give them to your neighbor. He shall lie with your wives in broad daylight. You have done this deed in secret, but I will bring it about in the presence of all Israel, and with the sun looking down.'
Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the Lord." Nathan answered David: "The Lord on his part has forgiven your sin: you shall not die. But since you have utterly spurned the Lord by this deed, the child born to you must surely die." [The child dies seven days later.]
This has got to be one of the sickest quotes of the Bible. God himself brings the completely innocent rape victims to the rapist. What kind of pathetic loser would do something so evil? And then he kills a child! This is sick, really sick!
Biblegatway.com

Footnotes:a.2 Samuel 12:11 This sentence was fulfilled in the agony brought on David by his lawless children: Amnonís scandalous behavior with his half sister Tamar (13:14) and his consequent murder by his brother Absalom (13:28, 29); Absalomís escape to a foreign land (13:38) and his return after three years; Absalom without recognition by David for two more years (14:28); Absalomís deliberate, rebellious attempt to win the hearts of the people and supplant his father (15:6); Davidís flight from Jerusalem, with the mass of the people against him (15:14), the terrible battle in the forest of Ephraim, won by Davidís forces, with Absalom killed in flight (18:6ff.). Davidís agony of heart is echoed repeatedly in the history of these tragedies II Sam. 13:1-19:8 and in some of his psalms. Even when the great king was dying, his son Adonijah was attempting to usurp the throne, and was later executed as a traitor (II Kings 1:5; 2:25).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not like most people, Clementia.
That's a good thing.
:)
awwww thanks! but you're just saying that coz u probably never met indian religious people who follow the scriptures but don't keep their stereotypical religious identities. You've met too many nasty religious people who tell u, u r goin to hell, so u think we all hate u, but not all of us r nuts! some defo r tho!:-)

I'm sorry about my writing guys, i feel drunk today, i'm not drunk tho, maybe too much red bull or maybe i'm high on God's love? heheheheheee

“lie2menomo”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. There is a reply button that when used will leave no doubt.
:-)
Ok, I am learning. Thanks.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, I didn't know you lived in England. That changes things. Well, I'll just bugger off then...
lol, thanks for trying tho!:-)

“lie2menomo”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
How can christianity growing be a good thing, if the followers are all brainwashed cowards?
I don't know! All I know is that I love the imagine of Jesus I have in my head. I don't know what the bible says.
I only believe in one God. Whether I go to the temple, gurudwara or church, I only pray to the one. Whether I say waheguru, allah, God, I only think of the one.
Well said.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctor everyone of those people that died in the flood died because of unbelief. They all could have been saved but they refused to get inside the boat. It was all a big joke to them. Until it started to rain.
During 1969 a powerful hurricane hit Gulf Coast. Itís name was Camille. It was a category 5 hurricane. The actual wind speed is not known because it destroyed all the meteorological measuring equipment.
Hurricane Camille made landfall late on August 17 in and decimated Pass Christian, Mississippi, ground zero. Maximum wind speeds near the coastline are unknown, but gusts were estimated to have approached 200 mph (325 km/h).
Remember this location Doctor, Richelieu Manor Apartments in Pass Christian, Mississippi. Several people in the Apartments decided to have a hurricane party. Ignoring all the warnings from officials. These Apartments were located right on the coast.
The hurricane came in and wiped out the apartments. Only the foundation was left after the storm. People are stupid Doctor. They were stupid in Noahís day and theyíre stupid today. Unbelief killed those people in Noahís day just like it did to those in the Richelieu Manor Apartments.
You are serious right? Your not just being a poe. Is it your contention than EVERYONE on the face of the planet was an "unbeliever?" Everyone, millions of unbelievers? First of all does that non seem plausible, and second how exactly do you know this? What evidence do you have that the entire population of the earth, with the excepting of Noah and his family, were "unbelievers?"

And how much notice was given before this mythical flood happened? What if I was a true believer but lived in Australia, how would I have gotten to the Ark? Would I have had enough time?

Of course we all realize that science has completely disproved any such nonsensical event. Without invoking Godmagic it could have never happened!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give you the same advice. Go to Jr. College and take a grammar course.
hehehehehe

Calm down dear it's only a bloody forum!:-)

Maybe we should get an english teacher on this forum?

“lie2menomo”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

movinon09 wrote:
prayer should be in school so chldren can be taught to open heart and soul to a higher power. They should be educated in religion and spiritual truth. That way they will have knowlege to choose thier faith when mature enough to understand truth from the word, or thier own experince. Not be subject to so much hate and confusion. They should be protected from ignorance of stupid people, allow them to be taught the history of presidents, wars, law and look at how confusing it is to us we can`t trust goverment and it is not because of religon,or race it is because ignorance. Learn about welfare, durg users, children who have never know trust or love. They can not even depend on a church, Look how they have even confused our faith and judgment. We should focus on every religon and faith right along with goverment and law. The truth will always lead to the word. Their is a Higher power.
Are the judges nuts and clueless, follow me. do you know me, Do you know any children who come from abuse or neglect? Or stupid because of ignorance? How can we teach children in mass quanities?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Smoke a joint and think about it."
That is what I said.
Got any more lies to tell?
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you use a bong?
You donít want to let any of that rich aroma escape. Suck it deep into the lungs for that transfer of carcinogens into the hemoglobin. Dope heads rule! Another way to say it is, sh** heads rule!

OK Dave. I took the "suck it deep" comment from Eagle's post, referring to your heavy smoking habit.

Still your dirty mind.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You defined the word, thus you agreed it's magic.
I defined the word???

I said "No, do you?"

How the feltch is that a definition?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh......
I had no rebuttal to that long ass post, TwB.

It seems that you're set in your ways.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I talk about marijuana without being called a pothead?
You don't really seem like an alcoholic to me, if it's any consolation. I was just funnin'.
I was laffin on the inside.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying that America doesn't have a drug problem, or that we don't need to address it. I'm saying our efforts thus far, largely referred to as "the war on drugs", has been completely counter productive, and despicably costly.
I don't respect your opinion at all on this. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume that you are just ill informed about all the factors involved. Surely you are not just an advocate of needless death and destruction as public policy.
Either we fight drugs or we now down to them. Which would you prefer?

“Live Good, & Feel Good.”

Since: Aug 09

Atl.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do not believe Jesus Christ is God? You do not believe Jesus is the only way to Yahweh God?

Read the bible. If you do not like the gore and blood of the old testament, read the new testament Gospels of matthew mark luke and John.

You love the imagination of Jesus? would it not be better to know the facts about Jesus? read the new testament. And if you don't want to, why not?

Goes back to what I asked you yesterday. Would your life, or the life of your family, or job, or standing in your community be at risk if you chose Jesus Christ as your only God?

I have met hindus and muslims in asia that have witnessed what Jesus has done in the life of others....but can't commit to Jesus themselves because of the price they would have to pay from their family and their society.

is that you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
But why do some (lagoon guy) of you atheists think all of us theists (me) are irrational?
Because they disagree. They're very confusing. They act like they live their lives socket on knowledge & fact. But when it comes to God, they have no kniedge or fact, they simply believe no deity exists....

It fun to watch 'em.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

589 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 min shyam 4,667
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Michael 532,672
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Petesayke KI 115,050
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min Charlie Sheen 256,464
Shock Poll: 40% Still not Sure Obama is America... 12 min Fa-Foxy 9
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min dirty white boy- 720,426
Last Word + 2 21 min Rosie 65
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min Catcher1 172,349
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr bbbbbb 73
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••