Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,776)

Showing posts 135,501 - 135,520 of223,101
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave knows all abut sucking it deep.
I take it you don't like being called a shyster.

Understandable.

Why you resort to crudity instead of intellectual erudity. Shysters do that.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They have too many mental and emotional issues to be rational.
Clearer?:-)
Yh, thanks!:-)

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

What happened to the troll? I was having fun talking to him.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>what were the "guys" right about?
As I told you before, just because someone calls themselves a Christian, does not mean they know Jesus Christ. A spiritual indwelling is what is needed for someone to know Jesus Christ. A "Christian" without a spiritual connection to the Christ, only has a religion.
Christianity...saves no one. Only Jesus saves. Christianity is man-made. Jesus never called anyone to Christianity, Jesus called people to Him, that they may be saved.
They said you were crazy and that I have more common sense than you, lol!

Hang on, in other post you said that christianity doesn't need me and is doing good without me, but now you're saying not every christian is a true believer in Jesus?

That's what I said, I believe in Jesus but not the bible.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had been raised a Mormon I would most likely would be a Mormon. Or if I had been raised a Buddhist than I would believe in Buddha.
Since I was exposed to both Christianity and Atheism. I reached out to God at an early age and found out God is real. How do I know? Well itís like this, I know beyond any doubt.
Over the years God has blessed me, give me direction, and God has spoken to me many times. Oh he doesnít have these long conversations with me. What he has to say he can say in just a few words.
I have seen his working of miracles first hand. I canít share them with you because of your unbelief. But I have seen many, real live miracles. One of them was my Brother, Mark.
He was a hopeless alcoholic with a extensive criminal record. He was also dangerous. One time the Houston SWAT Team had to go after him because he had taken a hostage with a pump shotgun.
Mark started drinking when he was 16 and didnít stop until he was 42. Doctor you have been around the block long enough to know how difficult it is for someone to stop an addiction. All I can say it was real bad. Mark was impossible to deal with.
He went to church one night and God delivered him of alcohol and drug abuse. Heís been drug and alcohol free for five years now. You would have to know and seen Mark from where he was to what he is today to understand.
God gave him a new life with a new beginning. Thatís something Atheism canít do for someone. How do I know God is real. Look at my Brother today. Heís clean and sober. Has a good job and goes to church regularly.
To bad neither you nor your brother had the inner strength to deal directly with your problems. One of the dangers of relying on an imaginary outside agent to guide you throughout adversity, is you don't learn to develop this inner strength. It's a crutch, a false sense of comfort, in the end it can only weaken you. Curled up in a ball whining for God to "please help me" instead of standing on your own two feet and facing the world like a man. You end up a whimpering child, begging your sky daddy to help and comfort you.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Alcohol is a drug.
So is Aspirin.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely you are not just an advocate of needless death and destruction as public policy.
It's the American way.

“lie2menomo”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

prayer should be in school so chldren can be taught to open heart and soul to a higher power. They should be educated in religion and spiritual truth. That way they will have knowlege to choose thier faith when mature enough to understand truth from the word, or thier own experince. Not be subject to so much hate and confusion. They should be protected from ignorance of stupid people, allow them to be taught the history of presidents, wars, law and look at how confusing it is to us we can`t trust goverment and it is not because of religon,or race it is because ignorance. Learn about welfare, durg users, children who have never know trust or love. They can not even depend on a church, Look how they have even confused our faith and judgment. We should focus on every religon and faith right along with goverment and law. The truth will always lead to the word. Their is a Higher power.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you use a bong?
You donít want to let any of that rich aroma escape. Suck it deep into the lungs for that transfer of carcinogens into the hemoglobin. Dope heads rule! Another way to say it is, sh** heads rule!
You do know that there are beneficial drugs,right? Morphine, Codeine, Oxycodone, etc are opiates. Just like Heroin is an opiate. You allow politicians to decide which drugs are good and which ones are bad. Seems a bit silly to me.

“Live Good, & Feel Good.”

Since: Aug 09

Atl.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
They said you were crazy and that I have more common sense than you, lol!
Hang on, in other post you said that christianity doesn't need me and is doing good without me, but now you're saying not every christian is a true believer in Jesus?
That's what I said, I believe in Jesus but not the bible.
lol..that's typical of these atheists.

Well..Christianity is growing, which is good. But only Jesus really knows how many of these Christians are authentic Christians that have a spiritual relationship with Him...and who the false hypocritical Christians are that have fallen away or only have a title "christian", own a bible, and go to church.

You believe in Jesus? is Jesus your personal Lord and Savior and the only God you serve? or do you just believe in Jesus because of his teachings? they are not the same thing. Many people believe Jesus existed and agree with His teachings, but that alone does them no good.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

movinon09 wrote:
<quoted text>To Aerobatty, Newbee.
OK. There is a reply button that when used will leave no doubt.

:-)

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it you don't like being called a shyster.
Understandable.
Why you resort to crudity instead of intellectual erudity. Shysters do that.
Dave.

You posted to Aerobatty, chiding him for smoking pot, and sarcastically telling him to suck deep. Knowing of your cigarette smoking habit, I posted to you, suggesting the same.

No crudity. Just your dirty-old-man mind.

Can I help you with anything else?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
But I heard about Jesus all the time, I didn't become a christian. I chose to believe the techings of guru nanak, eventhough I didn't know anything about him when I was a child.
I don't think it matters what your belief is, if that belief is making you a better human-being, then go for it. Well, that's what I think.
You're not like most people, Clementia.

That's a good thing.

:)
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
I live in England! It's REALLY not like that here. There are more atheists here than believers!
Ahh, I didn't know you lived in England. That changes things. Well, I'll just bugger off then...

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Many moons ago.
Now I use a vaporizer. I bought 1/2 ounce last may and I still have a quarter of it left.
TONS of carcinogens. <rolls eyes>
I used to smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day. I suppose you don't have a problem with that, though, do you.
Yes I do, cigs are killers.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
ďIf you're going to critique somebody else's writing.Ē
Homey, take a junior college course on writing and basic sentence structure. In fact you and Catcher would both being doing yourself a favor by learning how to write. Neither one of you write worth a sh**.
Where was the error in his post eagle? I'd love to hear this.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the American way.
I am SO sorry about that.

Countries do the darnedest things.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>To bad neither you nor your brother had the inner strength to deal directly with your problems. One of the dangers of relying on an imaginary outside agent to guide you throughout adversity, is you don't learn to develop this inner strength. It's a crutch, a false sense of comfort, in the end it can only weaken you. Curled up in a ball whining for God to "please help me" instead of standing on your own two feet and facing the world like a man. You end up a whimpering child, begging your sky daddy to help and comfort you.
How kind of you,{tipping hat}.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave.
You posted to Aerobatty, chiding him for smoking pot, and sarcastically telling him to suck deep. Knowing of your cigarette smoking habit, I posted to you, suggesting the same.
No crudity. Just your dirty-old-man mind.
Can I help you with anything else?
"Smoke a joint and think about it."

That is what I said.

Got any more lies to tell?

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that there are beneficial drugs,right? Morphine, Codeine, Oxycodone, etc are opiates. Just like Heroin is an opiate. You allow politicians to decide which drugs are good and which ones are bad. Seems a bit silly to me.
Of course there're beneficial legal drugs. We were talking about the illegal ones.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 135,501 - 135,520 of223,101
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

538 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 529,782
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min gort 716,227
Marriage Trap 10 min Protester 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 16 min Lyndi 171,412
Is Vin Diesel gay? (Mar '09) 19 min i love vin diesel 108
Who really controls America and other Western c... 22 min andet1987 44
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 33 min Here For Now 598,723
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min Charlie Sheen 255,620
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 5 hr Sasha 108
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 15 hr Shut-Up 60
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000