Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258049 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#141093 Nov 26, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think that was a loss?
Who do you think controls the flow of these drugs in the USA?
The same people who control the flow of Chinese made toys into Walmart. If I'm a consumer, I don't care. If I want to buy drugs, I go to the people who sell drugs. If I want a Chinese made toy, I go to the people who sell Chinese made toys. If somebody declares war on the influx of those products and I can still buy them then that war is lost.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#141094 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>sheep: A domesticated ruminant of the cattle family with a thick woolly coat and curving horns.

flock: A number of birds feeding, resting, or traveling together.

That's Christianity to you? No wonder why you're so damn clueless.
A group of crows is a murder.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#141095 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I understand what you're saying, I do.

My only problem with legal drugs is the ease of getting them. By keeping them illegal it makes it hard to get your hands on - and you risk jail or prison time for it. It deters some users to quit & it deters some from ever starting.

I'm fine with people using drugs casually. But that's the problem with a lot of folks, they can't use drugs in moderation, they allow it to control their lives. Excessive drug use leads todo many problems, I think if they were to become legal, there'd be a lot more addicts out there.

I'd kinda rather have drug lords in charge of their addicts than the federal government. That's a disaster of biblical proportions waiting to happen.

In my opinion, of course.
Your opinion stinks.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#141096 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in your mind, blacky. Only in your mind.
Oh, so God DIDN"T kill all of the Egyptian first born males!!!! See, I always thought he had, but I guess the bibles wrong on that point.

Oh, and he NEVER flooded the planet killing countless babies!!!!! See, I always thought the Noah story supported that, I guess the bibles wrong again!!!!! I wonder how many more errors there are?

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#141097 Nov 26, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
A group of crows is a murder.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#141098 Nov 26, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>lol..that's typical of these atheists.
Well..Christianity is growing, which is good. But only Jesus really knows how many of these Christians are authentic Christians that have a spiritual relationship with Him...and who the false hypocritical Christians are that have fallen away or only have a title "christian", own a bible, and go to church.
You believe in Jesus? is Jesus your personal Lord and Savior and the only God you serve? or do you just believe in Jesus because of his teachings? they are not the same thing. Many people believe Jesus existed and agree with His teachings, but that alone does them no good.
Only the "megachurches" are growing, all others are vanishing. At best it could be said that your religion is the same as it's ever been, but in reality the news is better, the number of "nonbelievers" is on the rise, and the trend is pretty impressive.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#141099 Nov 26, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither does pot.
Alcohol does.
You must be buying oregano.

ROFLMAO

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#141100 Nov 26, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither does pot.
Alcohol does.
It depends on your physiology, really. Even cigs can inebriate some people, though that's extremely rare. The real matter is that we can't know what drugs will have what effects until someone takes them, so, since it's hit and miss anyway, why make the natural ones illegal at all? It doesn't make sense to be picking and choosing battles that likely waste money anyway.
Thinking

Cirencester, UK

#141101 Nov 27, 2012
Grow your own yacht? Cool.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No tax on alcohol? Gasoline? Yachts? Cigarettes?
And hey, I said sales. Let's grow our own!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#141102 Nov 27, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Grow your own yacht? Cool.
<quoted text>
Hmm, I've been wondering what new thing to engineer.*rubs hand together while sporting an evil grin*
Thinking

Cirencester, UK

#141104 Nov 27, 2012
3D printing of industrial hemp yachts would seem most apposite.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, I've been wondering what new thing to engineer.*rubs hand together while sporting an evil grin*

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#141105 Nov 27, 2012
Thinking wrote:
3D printing of industrial hemp yachts would seem most apposite.
<quoted text>
You know, that could be possible ... that's the funny part.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#141107 Nov 27, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=5ePfsdr94owXX
I got to meet Counting Crows.

For some reason, I feel really uncomfortable meeting celebrities.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#141108 Nov 27, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>You must be buying oregano.

ROFLMAO
Hahaha.

Dolt.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#141109 Nov 27, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>It depends on your physiology, really. Even cigs can inebriate some people, though that's extremely rare. The real matter is that we can't know what drugs will have what effects until someone takes them, so, since it's hit and miss anyway, why make the natural ones illegal at all? It doesn't make sense to be picking and choosing battles that likely waste money anyway.
Pot is probably the most innocuous recreational drug there is. If smoking it is the only drawback to it, it can be eaten. There is no withdrawal of any kind. And, in my experience anyway, I need less and less to get a pleasant buzz.

Combine the money saved from ending the war on pot with the potential tax revenue and we could pay off the national debt.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#141110 Nov 27, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
Wyoming's designers had likewise stiffened her with internal steel bracing, but she was too big. She still bent and twisted at sea. Gaps opened in her planking and let water in. Normally her pumps could handle the leakage, but the Pollock Rip storm was too much. She sank, taking thirteen sailors down with her.
She was actually only 329 feet from stem to stern. Jib-boom to spinnaker boom tip is not the way they measure length.
As you can see she need internal steel bracing and huge bilge pumps to keep her afloat. How many steel braces did you say the Ark had? And what type of bilge pumps? Just wondering!!!!
I grew up around boats myself Doctor. We never had a bilge pump. If water came into the boat. We just get going and pull the drain plug and the water would drain out.

If the current was strong enough going around the Ark. Simply removing the aft drain plug would drain away the water.

Some Asian wooden ships were believed to have been 400’ or longer.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#141111 Nov 27, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot is probably the most innocuous recreational drug there is. If smoking it is the only drawback to it, it can be eaten. There is no withdrawal of any kind. And, in my experience anyway, I need less and less to get a pleasant buzz.
Combine the money saved from ending the war on pot with the potential tax revenue and we could pay off the national debt.
Alcohol was made legal and they’re still making moonshine in the back country.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#141112 Nov 27, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>I grew up around boats myself Doctor. We never had a bilge pump. If water came into the boat. We just get going and pull the drain plug and the water would drain out.

If the current was strong enough going around the Ark. Simply removing the aft drain plug would drain away the water.

Some Asian wooden ships were believed to have been 400’ or longer.
Lol.

You moron.

The only way to drain a boat by pulling the plug is to be making significant headway.

What kind of propulsion did the ark have?
punk kid

United States

#141113 Nov 27, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, that could be possible ... that's the funny part.
UUUMM,Miss,Are you janet reno and billy jean kings love child?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#141114 Nov 27, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>Alcohol was made legal and they’re still making moonshine in the back country.
And avoiding taxes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 17 min Joe Fortuna 88,519
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min Insults Are Easier 284,724
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 33 min gundee123 1,262
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min truth 665,601
Anyone wanna masturbate on FaceTime together (Jan '14) 2 hr Jmr 8
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Classic 3,955
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr X Pendable 184,814
The Future of Politics in America 3 hr It aint necessari... 312
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Unruh 977,504
More from around the web