Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“lie2menomo”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#140993 Nov 26, 2012
prayer should be in school so chldren can be taught to open heart and soul to a higher power. They should be educated in religion and spiritual truth. That way they will have knowlege to choose thier faith when mature enough to understand truth from the word, or thier own experince. Not be subject to so much hate and confusion. They should be protected from ignorance of stupid people, allow them to be taught the history of presidents, wars, law and look at how confusing it is to us we can`t trust goverment and it is not because of religon,or race it is because ignorance. Learn about welfare, durg users, children who have never know trust or love. They can not even depend on a church, Look how they have even confused our faith and judgment. We should focus on every religon and faith right along with goverment and law. The truth will always lead to the word. Their is a Higher power.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#140994 Nov 26, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you use a bong?
You donít want to let any of that rich aroma escape. Suck it deep into the lungs for that transfer of carcinogens into the hemoglobin. Dope heads rule! Another way to say it is, sh** heads rule!
You do know that there are beneficial drugs,right? Morphine, Codeine, Oxycodone, etc are opiates. Just like Heroin is an opiate. You allow politicians to decide which drugs are good and which ones are bad. Seems a bit silly to me.

“Live Good, & Feel Good.”

Since: Aug 09

Atl.

#140995 Nov 26, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
They said you were crazy and that I have more common sense than you, lol!
Hang on, in other post you said that christianity doesn't need me and is doing good without me, but now you're saying not every christian is a true believer in Jesus?
That's what I said, I believe in Jesus but not the bible.
lol..that's typical of these atheists.

Well..Christianity is growing, which is good. But only Jesus really knows how many of these Christians are authentic Christians that have a spiritual relationship with Him...and who the false hypocritical Christians are that have fallen away or only have a title "christian", own a bible, and go to church.

You believe in Jesus? is Jesus your personal Lord and Savior and the only God you serve? or do you just believe in Jesus because of his teachings? they are not the same thing. Many people believe Jesus existed and agree with His teachings, but that alone does them no good.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#140996 Nov 26, 2012
movinon09 wrote:
<quoted text>To Aerobatty, Newbee.
OK. There is a reply button that when used will leave no doubt.

:-)

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#140997 Nov 26, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it you don't like being called a shyster.
Understandable.
Why you resort to crudity instead of intellectual erudity. Shysters do that.
Dave.

You posted to Aerobatty, chiding him for smoking pot, and sarcastically telling him to suck deep. Knowing of your cigarette smoking habit, I posted to you, suggesting the same.

No crudity. Just your dirty-old-man mind.

Can I help you with anything else?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#140998 Nov 26, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
But I heard about Jesus all the time, I didn't become a christian. I chose to believe the techings of guru nanak, eventhough I didn't know anything about him when I was a child.
I don't think it matters what your belief is, if that belief is making you a better human-being, then go for it. Well, that's what I think.
You're not like most people, Clementia.

That's a good thing.

:)
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#140999 Nov 26, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
I live in England! It's REALLY not like that here. There are more atheists here than believers!
Ahh, I didn't know you lived in England. That changes things. Well, I'll just bugger off then...

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#141000 Nov 26, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Many moons ago.
Now I use a vaporizer. I bought 1/2 ounce last may and I still have a quarter of it left.
TONS of carcinogens. <rolls eyes>
I used to smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day. I suppose you don't have a problem with that, though, do you.
Yes I do, cigs are killers.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#141001 Nov 26, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
ďIf you're going to critique somebody else's writing.Ē
Homey, take a junior college course on writing and basic sentence structure. In fact you and Catcher would both being doing yourself a favor by learning how to write. Neither one of you write worth a sh**.
Where was the error in his post eagle? I'd love to hear this.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#141002 Nov 26, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the American way.
I am SO sorry about that.

Countries do the darnedest things.

Southern Illinois

#141003 Nov 26, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>To bad neither you nor your brother had the inner strength to deal directly with your problems. One of the dangers of relying on an imaginary outside agent to guide you throughout adversity, is you don't learn to develop this inner strength. It's a crutch, a false sense of comfort, in the end it can only weaken you. Curled up in a ball whining for God to "please help me" instead of standing on your own two feet and facing the world like a man. You end up a whimpering child, begging your sky daddy to help and comfort you.
How kind of you,{tipping hat}.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#141004 Nov 26, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave.
You posted to Aerobatty, chiding him for smoking pot, and sarcastically telling him to suck deep. Knowing of your cigarette smoking habit, I posted to you, suggesting the same.
"Smoke a joint and think about it."

That is what I said.

Got any more lies to tell?

Southern Illinois

#141005 Nov 26, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that there are beneficial drugs,right? Morphine, Codeine, Oxycodone, etc are opiates. Just like Heroin is an opiate. You allow politicians to decide which drugs are good and which ones are bad. Seems a bit silly to me.
Of course there're beneficial legal drugs. We were talking about the illegal ones.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#141006 Nov 26, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>lol..that's typical of these atheists.
Well..Christianity is growing, which is good. But only Jesus really knows how many of these Christians are authentic Christians that have a spiritual relationship with Him...and who the false hypocritical Christians are that have fallen away or only have a title "christian", own a bible, and go to church.
You believe in Jesus? is Jesus your personal Lord and Savior and the only God you serve? or do you just believe in Jesus because of his teachings? they are not the same thing. Many people believe Jesus existed and agree with His teachings, but that alone does them no good.
lol, but Bobloblah isn't an atheist.

How can christianity growing be a good thing, if the followers are all brainwashed cowards?

I don't know! All I know is that I love the imagine of Jesus I have in my head. I don't know what the bible says.

I only believe in one God. Whether I go to the temple, gurudwara or church, I only pray to the one. Whether I say waheguru, allah, God, I only think of the one.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#141007 Nov 26, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My experience has taught me that a man who has vices is a dumb sh**.
Eagle12
What's in your medicine cabinet? Everyone's got a crutch, especially those who profess not to. You're not that good. Really.

Southern Illinois

#141008 Nov 26, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Where was the error in his post eagle? I'd love to hear this.
I'll give you the same advice. Go to Jr. College and take a grammar course.

Southern Illinois

#141009 Nov 26, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave.
Yes, pick up the dead chicken in front of your office trailer.

“lie2menomo”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#141010 Nov 26, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>To bad neither you nor your brother had the inner strength to deal directly with your problems. One of the dangers of relying on an imaginary outside agent to guide you throughout adversity, is you don't learn to develop this inner strength. It's a crutch, a false sense of comfort, in the end it can only weaken you. Curled up in a ball whining for God to "please help me" instead of standing on your own two feet and facing the world like a man. You end up a whimpering child, begging your sky daddy to help and comfort you.
You are so wrong God is our inner strengh, It`s a comfort only a believer can feel. Comfort is not a sense, it is a feeling. You are to busy trying to take comfort from humanity. Why? At least give information on how strong you are face the world like a man tell the truth, who are you? how do you live? Do you love your nieghbor? Was you childhood free off adversity, Do you have same tax rate? Did you know anyone who suffered because he never had a crutch. Did you ever whimper as a child and beg for help. If so you are the blessed. At least hope we can all experince this what a wonderfull world it would be. I want you to know i get the peace he knows his brother only Got from God,, I am sure his brother does to. They both felt the spirt, imagin that. I feel bullied when you talk, I then sence God will take care of my enemies, And move on. I am just saying. Please no need to hate on me, I don`t hate you.

Southern Illinois

#141011 Nov 26, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
(2 Samuel 12:11-14 NAB)
Thus says the Lord:'I will bring evil upon you out of your own house. I will take your wives [plural] while you live to see it, and will give them to your neighbor. He shall lie with your wives in broad daylight. You have done this deed in secret, but I will bring it about in the presence of all Israel, and with the sun looking down.'
Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the Lord." Nathan answered David: "The Lord on his part has forgiven your sin: you shall not die. But since you have utterly spurned the Lord by this deed, the child born to you must surely die." [The child dies seven days later.]
This has got to be one of the sickest quotes of the Bible. God himself brings the completely innocent rape victims to the rapist. What kind of pathetic loser would do something so evil? And then he kills a child! This is sick, really sick!
Biblegatway.com

Footnotes:a.2 Samuel 12:11 This sentence was fulfilled in the agony brought on David by his lawless children: Amnonís scandalous behavior with his half sister Tamar (13:14) and his consequent murder by his brother Absalom (13:28, 29); Absalomís escape to a foreign land (13:38) and his return after three years; Absalom without recognition by David for two more years (14:28); Absalomís deliberate, rebellious attempt to win the hearts of the people and supplant his father (15:6); Davidís flight from Jerusalem, with the mass of the people against him (15:14), the terrible battle in the forest of Ephraim, won by Davidís forces, with Absalom killed in flight (18:6ff.). Davidís agony of heart is echoed repeatedly in the history of these tragedies II Sam. 13:1-19:8 and in some of his psalms. Even when the great king was dying, his son Adonijah was attempting to usurp the throne, and was later executed as a traitor (II Kings 1:5; 2:25).

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#141012 Nov 26, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not like most people, Clementia.
That's a good thing.
:)
awwww thanks! but you're just saying that coz u probably never met indian religious people who follow the scriptures but don't keep their stereotypical religious identities. You've met too many nasty religious people who tell u, u r goin to hell, so u think we all hate u, but not all of us r nuts! some defo r tho!:-)

I'm sorry about my writing guys, i feel drunk today, i'm not drunk tho, maybe too much red bull or maybe i'm high on God's love? heheheheheee

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Aura Mytha 777,688
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 5 min andet1987 5,150
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min how g 560,314
Scientific proof for God's existence 11 min andet1987 47
Is the price is right fixed for blacks? (Jun '12) 42 min Loggerblogger 56
Pau Gasol leads Bulls past Lakers, 113-93 49 min discocrisco 1
Aguaje Results- Aguaje Powder (May '13) 1 hr BellaInParis 7
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rick in Kansas 265,398
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Remnant of 144000 605,298
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 hr hpcaban 441,809
More from around the web