Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258471 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#141084 Nov 26, 2012
movinon09 wrote:
<quoted text>Delusion you call my faith, thank you i don`t rivale no man good or bad, I don`t fear man or beast. I fear not, i need no one, i am never alone i am. You are the one challenging me i am not challenging you. I am. Who are you. What do you accomplish that is so great tell me, i am want to know why i am lesser than, Theists or not. I don`t want to force anyone week or strong, I accomplish alot alone, you are unraviling calm down.If the only choice i had was to be so angry like you. i would be alone and good. But i feel Good!!!! I just do to my grammer mis speal my acconplishment that i personally accept no one can rival It Is GOD!!!! You in short is the ?????
According to your holy book, I rival God. I am far more compassionate, much more moral, and have never harmed my children. As a matter of fact, I'm more moral than most characters in your holy book.

If you believe in something without evidence then you are delusional, there is no third choice. Personal experience is NOT proof. Neither is seeing Jesus in a peanut butter sandwich.

Here's how it works. If I mumbled some words over my pancakes in the morning hoping to turn them into Elvis, you'd think I was totally insane. But if I do the same in Church over a cracker, I'm just a Catholic.

“What?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#141085 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's be as accidental as a pot smoker doing the same. Or a Big Mac eater dropping the pickle.
That's irrelevant.
Pot impairs the smokers motor functions & reaction times more than alcohol does. Tobacco doesn't impair you at all.
That's why it's illegal to drive impaired by alcohol or pot. Sometimes law makers get it right.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#141086 Nov 26, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
One more reason to decriminalize, regulate and tax marijuana sales.
You ruined a good idea with regulate and tax.
You scream of controls and beg for more.

Decriminalize , and stand back.

Keep your hands off of my stash!

“What?”

Location hidden

#141087 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Twas to be "bow down"...
What I mean is either we continue to fight the war on drugs, win here lose there or we just lose.
People can't handle drugs, especially if they became legal. People get all crazy when they are let loose.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." -Agent K
The War on Drugs was lost long ago. I can buy any illegal drug I want right now with a phone call. I can't walk into a store and buy alcohol. They ask for ID.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#141088 Nov 26, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You ruined a good idea with regulate and tax.
You scream of controls and beg for more.
Decriminalize , and stand back.
Keep your hands off of my stash!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =JkhX5W7JoWIXX
No tax on alcohol? Gasoline? Yachts? Cigarettes?

And hey, I said sales. Let's grow our own!

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#141089 Nov 26, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The War on Drugs was lost long ago. I can buy any illegal drug I want right now with a phone call. I can't walk into a store and buy alcohol. They ask for ID.
What makes you think that was a loss?
Who do you think controls the flow of these drugs in the USA?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#141090 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Cigarettes don't impair ones ability to drive...
Neither does pot.

Alcohol does.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#141091 Nov 26, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>Cigs bring in lots of taxes.
Pot would bring in more, if it was legal.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#141092 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Twas to be "bow down"...

What I mean is either we continue to fight the war on drugs, win here lose there or we just lose.

People can't handle drugs, especially if they became legal. People get all crazy when they are let loose.

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." -Agent K
So you would start shooting up if heroin became legal?

“What?”

Location hidden

#141093 Nov 26, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think that was a loss?
Who do you think controls the flow of these drugs in the USA?
The same people who control the flow of Chinese made toys into Walmart. If I'm a consumer, I don't care. If I want to buy drugs, I go to the people who sell drugs. If I want a Chinese made toy, I go to the people who sell Chinese made toys. If somebody declares war on the influx of those products and I can still buy them then that war is lost.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#141094 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>sheep: A domesticated ruminant of the cattle family with a thick woolly coat and curving horns.

flock: A number of birds feeding, resting, or traveling together.

That's Christianity to you? No wonder why you're so damn clueless.
A group of crows is a murder.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#141095 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I understand what you're saying, I do.

My only problem with legal drugs is the ease of getting them. By keeping them illegal it makes it hard to get your hands on - and you risk jail or prison time for it. It deters some users to quit & it deters some from ever starting.

I'm fine with people using drugs casually. But that's the problem with a lot of folks, they can't use drugs in moderation, they allow it to control their lives. Excessive drug use leads todo many problems, I think if they were to become legal, there'd be a lot more addicts out there.

I'd kinda rather have drug lords in charge of their addicts than the federal government. That's a disaster of biblical proportions waiting to happen.

In my opinion, of course.
Your opinion stinks.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#141096 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in your mind, blacky. Only in your mind.
Oh, so God DIDN"T kill all of the Egyptian first born males!!!! See, I always thought he had, but I guess the bibles wrong on that point.

Oh, and he NEVER flooded the planet killing countless babies!!!!! See, I always thought the Noah story supported that, I guess the bibles wrong again!!!!! I wonder how many more errors there are?

“What?”

Location hidden

#141097 Nov 26, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
A group of crows is a murder.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#141098 Nov 26, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>lol..that's typical of these atheists.
Well..Christianity is growing, which is good. But only Jesus really knows how many of these Christians are authentic Christians that have a spiritual relationship with Him...and who the false hypocritical Christians are that have fallen away or only have a title "christian", own a bible, and go to church.
You believe in Jesus? is Jesus your personal Lord and Savior and the only God you serve? or do you just believe in Jesus because of his teachings? they are not the same thing. Many people believe Jesus existed and agree with His teachings, but that alone does them no good.
Only the "megachurches" are growing, all others are vanishing. At best it could be said that your religion is the same as it's ever been, but in reality the news is better, the number of "nonbelievers" is on the rise, and the trend is pretty impressive.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#141099 Nov 26, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither does pot.
Alcohol does.
You must be buying oregano.

ROFLMAO

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#141100 Nov 26, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither does pot.
Alcohol does.
It depends on your physiology, really. Even cigs can inebriate some people, though that's extremely rare. The real matter is that we can't know what drugs will have what effects until someone takes them, so, since it's hit and miss anyway, why make the natural ones illegal at all? It doesn't make sense to be picking and choosing battles that likely waste money anyway.
Thinking

Cirencester, UK

#141101 Nov 27, 2012
Grow your own yacht? Cool.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No tax on alcohol? Gasoline? Yachts? Cigarettes?
And hey, I said sales. Let's grow our own!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#141102 Nov 27, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Grow your own yacht? Cool.
<quoted text>
Hmm, I've been wondering what new thing to engineer.*rubs hand together while sporting an evil grin*
Thinking

Cirencester, UK

#141104 Nov 27, 2012
3D printing of industrial hemp yachts would seem most apposite.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, I've been wondering what new thing to engineer.*rubs hand together while sporting an evil grin*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min namredipsobla 679,021
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min RiccardoFire 2,569
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
Melania Trump's hair shines in Saudi sun 55 min UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 4
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 119,084
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Holy Jehowa Witness 46,213
Gangbang with my Girlfriend. (Mar '11) 3 hr Kinky1ntn 33
More from around the web