Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
135,481 - 135,500 of 226,029 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Youíre are a pot head according to your own testimony.
Testimony?
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that twisted and demented version of our God. Just for the record rape was and is an illegal act. Oh, and God never aborted babies. If you are referring miscarriages that is not the same as an intentional abortion.
(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

What kind of God approves of murder, rape, and slavery?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

movinon09 wrote:
<quoted text>To Aerobatty, Newbee.
Now I got it.

Sometimes, maybe, but not here apparently.

The stupid thing.:)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you doing up at this time of night?
what? it's only 10.06pm!

am i too early? lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you use a bong?
You donít want to let any of that rich aroma escape. Suck it deep into the lungs for that transfer of carcinogens into the hemoglobin. Dope heads rule! Another way to say it is, sh** heads rule!
Says the wino.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell barefoot that.
Why not?
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that twisted and demented version of our God. Just for the record rape was and is an illegal act. Oh, and God never aborted babies. If you are referring miscarriages that is not the same as an intentional abortion.
(2 Samuel 12:11-14 NAB)

Thus says the Lord:'I will bring evil upon you out of your own house. I will take your wives [plural] while you live to see it, and will give them to your neighbor. He shall lie with your wives in broad daylight. You have done this deed in secret, but I will bring it about in the presence of all Israel, and with the sun looking down.'
Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the Lord." Nathan answered David: "The Lord on his part has forgiven your sin: you shall not die. But since you have utterly spurned the Lord by this deed, the child born to you must surely die." [The child dies seven days later.]

This has got to be one of the sickest quotes of the Bible. God himself brings the completely innocent rape victims to the rapist. What kind of pathetic loser would do something so evil? And then he kills a child! This is sick, really sick!

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You're missing some punctuation.
Eagle is missing much more than punctuation.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Kitten, you callin me mad, eh? Don't make me unleash the krazy kitty from within, lol.
But why can't there be a 'God'? Why couldn't have something created us?
It's not that there can't be "a" god, it's that any specific god claim should be backed up with evidence or considered and labeled as myth, to do otherwise is delusion. While delusion isn't always, or inherently, a bad thing, when the majority of the people are insane, then the sane people are at risk. The assertion follows that in a group of delusional people, one person will take it too far, but since the others cannot break that delusion they follow that one person ... and then you have Salem witchhunts or some other atrocity. The first sign of having a delusion is "knowing" something is real even when there is no solid and testable evidence. People say that soap operas are real life all the time, we treat them for their delusions, yet soap operas are real, and the actors are real, they have more evidence supporting their delusion than any religion does.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Many moons ago.
Now I use a vaporizer. I bought 1/2 ounce last may and I still have a quarter of it left.
TONS of carcinogens. <rolls eyes>
I used to smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day. I suppose you don't have a problem with that, though, do you.
Dave knows all abut sucking it deep.

“Live Good, & Feel Good.”

Since: Aug 09

Atl.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
When corporations are in control, and their motive is purely profit, the working men, women and their families suffer.
but which system is not corrupt? you would rather communism or theocracy? seems to me the system of the U.S is the less of all evils.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just gave you three sick and twisted versions of your God. Now.......do what you do best, dance around and try and rationalize these edicts from your God.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
what? it's only 10.06pm!
am i too early? lol
Oh, ok, sorry hehehe!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I was already confused, don't answer the question with a question, now i'm more confused, lol.
They have too many mental and emotional issues to be rational.

Clearer?:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious belief itself is irrational.
If you evaluated all religious claims equally, you would find that no single religion boasted a more valid supernatural claim. You'd have to pick/choose/select based on some other criteria. For most people, the most important factor in choosing belief is convenience, which also includes early childhood enculturation. When you hear about Jesus all the time, the Jesus myth is the first you would think of adopting. It would also be readily available. People who have never heard of a specific god wouldn't adopt that god belief, even if that god belief was in many ways superior to the convenient store belief being sold a few miles from their home.
We can only accept/reject beliefs that we are aware of, and many people are just so quick to accept that it doesn't matter what the beliefs are, just that they are faith based and satisfy emotional needs.
But I heard about Jesus all the time, I didn't become a christian. I chose to believe the techings of guru nanak, eventhough I didn't know anything about him when I was a child.

I don't think it matters what your belief is, if that belief is making you a better human-being, then go for it. Well, that's what I think.

“Live Good, & Feel Good.”

Since: Aug 09

Atl.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Why did I not listen to Bobby Lobby lah and liberty guy?? I'm stupid that's why, but finally I've seen the light. Sorry guys, you were right!
Yeah, Jesus (God himself) couldn't make this many christians in his time, but I guess the christian missionaries are doing a better job than Jesus himself! God wasn't that omnipotent then, but he's getting there now! Congratulations, I'm sure Jesus is proud of those people who call themselves 'christians' these days.
what were the "guys" right about?

As I told you before, just because someone calls themselves a Christian, does not mean they know Jesus Christ. A spiritual indwelling is what is needed for someone to know Jesus Christ. A "Christian" without a spiritual connection to the Christ, only has a religion.

Christianity...saves no one. Only Jesus saves. Christianity is man-made. Jesus never called anyone to Christianity, Jesus called people to Him, that they may be saved.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not that there can't be "a" god, it's that any specific god claim should be backed up with evidence or considered and labeled as myth, to do otherwise is delusion. While delusion isn't always, or inherently, a bad thing, when the majority of the people are insane, then the sane people are at risk. The assertion follows that in a group of delusional people, one person will take it too far, but since the others cannot break that delusion they follow that one person ... and then you have Salem witchhunts or some other atrocity. The first sign of having a delusion is "knowing" something is real even when there is no solid and testable evidence. People say that soap operas are real life all the time, we treat them for their delusions, yet soap operas are real, and the actors are real, they have more evidence supporting their delusion than any religion does.
So atheists don't commit crimes? only religious people are evil?
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc, I was enjoying your message. I think you have a little bit of preach in you.
I posted three bizarre and ridiculous stories, one for each religion, Muslim, Mormon, and Christian. I asked you why your Christian story is any less bizarre and ridiculous than the other two. Why is one more believable than the others? All have a holy book swearing to its authenticity.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, ok, sorry hehehe!!
What u up too, eh?

confusing Eagle again? u confusing me, lol!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave knows all abut sucking it deep.
I take it you don't like being called a shyster.

Understandable.

Why you resort to crudity instead of intellectual erudity. Shysters do that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••