Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#140936 Nov 26, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>why.
When corporations are in control, and their motive is purely profit, the working men, women and their families suffer.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#140937 Nov 26, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That kind of depends on your definition of god.
Most of the theists here are highly irrational.
But why do some (lagoon guy) of you atheists think all of us theists (me) are irrational?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#140938 Nov 26, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Alcoholism and drug abuse many times requires one to check into a rehab. The withdrawal aspect of breaking free can be very traumatic without treatment. You would have to understand how severe a drug addict and alcoholic he was.
God delivered him completely. I don’t expect you will understand unless you have had experience with long term alcoholics and drug addicts.
http://www.addictionrecoveryguide.org/resourc...

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#140939 Nov 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So your bible is metaphorical myth, we already knew this.
Only to the unbelievers. Go to McDonalds and get yourself a “Happy Meal.” It will cheer you up.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#140940 Nov 26, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain to the world why both of those lines are proper sentences in your view.
The first is a complete sentence.

The second, though technically incomplete, refers to the first, and the word "curable" is understood.

At least it's understood by intelligent people.

It's even understood by some not-so-intelligent people.

Like you.

Understood?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#140941 Nov 26, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I've done cocaine, too.
Too expensive and the downer afterwards is too hard to take.
Quit that on my own, too. No god required.
So you were a drunk, a coke head, and now a pot head.

And you quit them all on your own.

Was this before, after, or during your time as a Naval Cadet?

I'm assuming you are not a commercial pilot, or involved in any profession requiring drug testing.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#140942 Nov 26, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
But why do some (lagoon guy) of you atheists think all of us theists (me) are irrational?
Because belief in something that is not demonstrated or based on evidence is imagination, asserting that it's real beyond your imagination is the very definition of delusion. People suffering from delusions are irrational and illogical, the delusion makes it impossible for them to see past the delusion.

Westcliffe, CO

#140943 Nov 26, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they lack the rationality to know what it is?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#140944 Nov 26, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes there is!
No it's not!
I'm doing fine with my studies, thanks! I've been studying science for 5 years now and I've met alot of professionals in this field that believe in God. I'm not the only one who's irrational.
How many professionals might no longer be there if they admitted to atheism? Don't think that isn't a factor in their long term employment, especially when it comes to promotions. We haven't escaped the Dark Ages quite yet.

Southern Illinois

#140945 Nov 26, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I was an alcoholic.
I'm not any more.
No god required.
You’re are a pot head according to your own testimony.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#140946 Nov 26, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only to the unbelievers. Go to McDonalds and get yourself a “Happy Meal.” It will cheer you up.
You follow a book of myths, and you eat fake food. Wow, you are just a shell.

Location hidden

#140947 Nov 26, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>You can't believe God is Omnipotent. You're lying to yourself.
You said you believe some of the bible. So what you're saying is, God is NOT Omnipotent enough to to make sure what mankind wrote in the books of the bible is true and authentic. And God is NOT Omnipotent enough to make sure only the books included in the bible are authentic and disregard the books that are false.
You're saying God is not Omnipotent enough to accomplish those two things because you only believe SOME of the bible.
I could not care less what God you believe in. You reject the God of Christianity Jesus Christ...you're not hurting me "Clementia". Christianity is doing quite well without you. No one is putting a gun to your head to worship Jesus Christ as God.
All I'm saying is your mental position of believing some of the bible, and not all of it, is contradictory to your claim that God is Omnipotent.
If God is Omnipotent, then you must believe all of the bible, and not some. Because if you believe only some, what you're saying is God was not strong enough to make sure His creation mankind wrote what God wanted to reveal, and God is not strong enough to make sure mankind only included authentic books of the bible in the bible.
You want to have it both ways, God is Omnipotent, and you believe only some of the bible. You can't have it both ways, and you're lying to yourself.
Why? Why did I not listen to Bobby Lobby lah and liberty guy?? I'm stupid that's why, but finally I've seen the light. Sorry guys, you were right!

Yeah, Jesus (God himself) couldn't make this many christians in his time, but I guess the christian missionaries are doing a better job than Jesus himself! God wasn't that omnipotent then, but he's getting there now! Congratulations, I'm sure Jesus is proud of those people who call themselves 'christians' these days.

Location hidden

#140948 Nov 26, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
How many professionals might no longer be there if they admitted to atheism? Don't think that isn't a factor in their long term employment, especially when it comes to promotions. We haven't escaped the Dark Ages quite yet.
LOL!!!

I live in England! It's REALLY not like that here. There are more atheists here than believers!

Southern Illinois

#140949 Nov 26, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The second, though technically incomplete, refers to the first, and the word "curable" is understood.
Like you.
Understood?
Technically you’re wrong about that and secondly you’re not qualified to be correcting anyone’s grammar. Like I said, take a grammar course at your local Jr College.

Westcliffe, CO

#140951 Nov 26, 2012
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/eur...

Guess getting a DNA test may be a good idea before getting married now.

Southern Illinois

#140952 Nov 26, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
My experience has taught me that a man who has no vices has damned few virtues.
Abraham Lincoln
My experience has taught me that a man who has vices is a dumb sh**.

Eagle12

Location hidden

#140953 Nov 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Because belief in something that is not demonstrated or based on evidence is imagination, asserting that it's real beyond your imagination is the very definition of delusion. People suffering from delusions are irrational and illogical, the delusion makes it impossible for them to see past the delusion.
Hey Kitten, you callin me mad, eh? Don't make me unleash the krazy kitty from within, lol.

But why can't there be a 'God'? Why couldn't have something created us?

Southern Illinois

#140954 Nov 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You follow a book of myths, and you eat fake food. Wow, you are just a shell.
Hey, you can do what my grandkids do, take the toy and throw every thing else in the garbage, lol.

Location hidden

#140955 Nov 26, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they lack the rationality to know what it is?
I was already confused, don't answer the question with a question, now i'm more confused, lol.

Southern Illinois

#140956 Nov 26, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you.
Understood?
Do you use a bong?

You don’t want to let any of that rich aroma escape. Suck it deep into the lungs for that transfer of carcinogens into the hemoglobin. Dope heads rule! Another way to say it is, sh** heads rule!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min kent 573,587
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min KiMare 97,850
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 19 min seenthisside 937
Moses never existed 24 min KiMare 1,238
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 30 min Browneyes123 246
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 42 min Aerobatty 808,886
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Qu_innocence 608,124
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 268,792
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 15 hr Coco 202
More from around the web