Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
135,361 - 135,380 of 226,058 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Your place is booked? God has no say in the matter?
My place is booked.

“lie2menomo”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Stupid is curable, When not exposed only to ignorance:)
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My place is booked.
So this invisible silent entity just picked you out as special, kinda like a lottery win.

I guess Hindus, Muslims, Non religious, Buddists, and other people born in the wrong place and time, their damnation is assured. And you believe that????

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

movinon09 wrote:
As do you, Mabey you should share your wisdom in a way that you educate truth and don`t judge people because they know thing you don`t. I belive in the word because i read and saw truth, I then trusted with more knowlege and testimonies. I never learned from hate, I learn from action and reaction. A verse here and there became true people i read about are like me, and you and them. We just pray and hope they can follow are teaching of what we know. We can`t do anything but show Grace and if we don`t agree and they don`t care, you move on to another. My God would never wan me to say you will never know.
Is this a testimonial or are you addressing somebody in particular?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance is curable.
Stupidity is not.
If you have to smoke weed at your age now as a thinking enhancer, then you are both. Which means you are useless.

Smoke a joint and think about it.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have to smoke weed at your age now as a thinking enhancer, then you are both. Which means you are useless.
Dope is for losers. Arobatty should give the dope up and do something with his life.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
So this invisible silent entity just picked you out as special, kinda like a lottery win.
I guess Hindus, Muslims, Non religious, Buddists, and other people born in the wrong place and time, their damnation is assured. And you believe that????
Adam, you have the oldest name in all the earth.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, I'll srop. But first I wanna know which IRA you're talking about.
The original IRA
The Irish Republican Army
The Official IRA
The Provisional IRA
The Continuity IRA
The Real IRA
???
'cuz what I can tell is that they're an IRISH army. Which has absolutely nothing to do with me....
Maybe it's you that's been funding them.
Choose any, all the same, they just canít agree who is boss, more splinter groups, more mayhem. Itís the christian way, hence the 38,000+ sects of christianity.

Noraid helped finance them all, they were not particular who took US dollars to kill brits. You can shrug your shoulders like a good christian but noraid collections were carried out by Americans in and around christian congregations in America and still you have not admitted or denied donating funds the Noraid

What have you got to be ashamed of?

What are you frightened of?

You either did not donate to noraid, in which case question answered.

Or you did donate to noraid and are too ashamed to admit that you are at least partially responsible for financing terrorism and murder.

Your continues refusal to give a direct answer only aggravates suspicion.

Honey bitch, your attempted sarcasm does not fall well on one who has been injured by the ira, basically itís just a sick attempt at humour that shows you to be the ignorant moron you are.
dr of history

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite my fine feathered friend.The adam and eve story is a rehashed story from the sumerian culture from thousands of years before the bible creation story.Did you know that 99% of the storys in the old testiment are coppied from the sumerian writings? Yes the sumerians live on the tenth planet in our universe.Scientiest have just recently discovered there is a tenth planet by detcteing a fait glimmar of it. The ancient sumerian writings have the entire solar system mapped out thousands of years before the telescope. They call eart the seventh planet which would be the seventh if you were traveling towards the sun from the outside.They tweeked the cave man dna to create the modern man that can communicate with eachother and understand complex problems.Ya see they needed slaves to work in the gold mines on earth for their planet.Their humanoids were getting tired of doing it and rebeled so they created modern man for the task. Look up the sumerian alien connection if you doubt me. Thank you.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít think I have ever seen an angel. Iím pretty sure my wife has on two occasions and possibly three. Neither story you would believe so I wonít bother you with it.
I had to take Greek Mythology in Jr. High School. That was one time in my life I embraced atheism. At least when it came that ridiculous nonsense we were forced to learn in school.
All I can tell you is that Iím 100% sure that my God is real. No illusions and no fantasy, he is real to me and thatís what counts. You donít believe ok, no problem for me.
I was a emergency responder and incident commander for 32 years. In our training we were taught to always save ourselves first. Then our fellow responders second. Third, all others if they can be saved.
My concern, when it comes to salvation, is for myself and my family. You my good Doctor, donít believe and donít want to be saved. You Sir, are know in the Christian community as a ďDNR.Ē And that acronym stands for,ďDo Not Rescue.Ē
We are not talking about a physical rescue but salvation in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. I would love to have you join us in heaven but you have made your decision.
[tipping hat]
Imagine that I tell you the following story:

I was in my room one night.
Suddenly, my room became exceedingly bright.
Next thing I know there is an angel in my room.
He tells me an amazing story.
He says that there is a set of ancient golden plates buried in the side of a hill in New York.
On them are the books of a lost race of Jewish people who inhabited North America.
These plates bear inscriptions in the foreign language of these people.
Eventually the angel leads me to the plates and lets me take them home.
Even though the plates are in a foreign language, the angel helps me to decipher and translate them.
Then the plates are taken up into heaven, never to be seen again.
I have the book that I translated from the plates. It tells of amazing things -- an entire civilization of Jewish people living here in the United States 2,000 years ago.
And the resurrected Jesus came and visited these people!
I also showed the golden plates to a number of real people who are my eye witnesses, and I have their signed attestations that they did, in fact, see and touch the plates before the plates were taken up into heaven.
Now, what would you say to me about this story? Even though I do have a book, in English, that tells the story of this lost Jewish civilization, and even though I do have the signed attestations, what do you think? This story sounds nutty, doesn't it?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam was a fictional character. Without a fall of man, you have no need for a redemption. The christian theology disproved in a single post.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

dr of history wrote:
<quoted text>They tweeked the cave man dna to create the modern man that can communicate with eachother and understand complex problems.Ya see they needed slaves to work in the gold mines on earth for their planet.
Based on what evidence. Sounds like a paranoid conspiracy theory to me.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít think I have ever seen an angel. Iím pretty sure my wife has on two occasions and possibly three. Neither story you would believe so I wonít bother you with it.
I had to take Greek Mythology in Jr. High School. That was one time in my life I embraced atheism. At least when it came that ridiculous nonsense we were forced to learn in school.
All I can tell you is that Iím 100% sure that my God is real. No illusions and no fantasy, he is real to me and thatís what counts. You donít believe ok, no problem for me.
I was a emergency responder and incident commander for 32 years. In our training we were taught to always save ourselves first. Then our fellow responders second. Third, all others if they can be saved.
My concern, when it comes to salvation, is for myself and my family. You my good Doctor, donít believe and donít want to be saved. You Sir, are know in the Christian community as a ďDNR.Ē And that acronym stands for,ďDo Not Rescue.Ē
We are not talking about a physical rescue but salvation in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. I would love to have you join us in heaven but you have made your decision.
[tipping hat]
A man was sitting in a cave minding his own business.
A very bright flash of light appeared.
A voice spoke out one word: "Read!" The man felt like he was being squeezed to death. This happened several times.
Then the man asked, "What should I read?"
The voice said, "Read in the name of your Lord who created humans from a clinging [zygote]. Read for your Lord is the most generous. He taught people by the pen what they didn't know before."
The man ran home to his wife.
While running home, he saw the huge face of an angel in the sky. The angel told the man that he was to be the messenger of God. The angel also identified himself as Gabriel.
At home that night, the angel appeared to the man in his dreams.
Gabriel appeared to the man over and over again. Sometimes it was in dreams, sometimes during the day as "revelations in his heart," sometimes preceded by a painful ringing in his ears (and then the verses would flow from Gabriel right out of the man), and sometimes Gabriel would appear in the flesh and speak. Scribes wrote down everything the man said.
Then, one night about 11 years after the first encounter with Gabriel, Gabriel appeared to the man with a magical horse. The man got on the horse, and the horse took him to Jerusalem. Then the winged horse took the man up to the seven layers of heaven. The man was able to actually see heaven and meet and talk with people there. Then Gabriel brought the man back to earth.
The man proved that he had actually been to Jerusalem on the winged horse by accurately answering questions about buildings and landmarks there.
The man continued receiving the revelations from Gabriel for 23 years, and then they stopped. All of the revelations were recorded by the scribes in a book which we still have today.
[Source: "Understanding Islam" by Yahiya Emerick, Alpha press, 2002]
dr of history

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on what evidence. Sounds like a paranoid conspiracy theory to me.
Anicent sumerian writings my friend. Years before the bible.The bible does not have one known author.the sumerian layout of the solar system proves their knowledge.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[tipping hat]
What do you make of this story? If you have never heard the story before, you may find it to be nonsensical in the same way that you feel about the stories of the golden plates and Santa. You would especially feel that way once you read the book that was supposedly transcribed from Gabriel, because much of it is opaque. The dreams, the horse, the angel, the ascension, and the appearances of the angel in the flesh -- you would dismiss them all because it is all imaginary.
But you need to be careful. This story is the foundation of the Muslim religion, practiced by more than a billion people around the world. The man is named Mohammed, and the book is the Koran (also spelled Qur'an or Qur'aan). This is the sacred story of the Koran's creation and the revelation of Allah to mankind.
Despite the fact that a billion Muslims profess some level of belief in this story, people outside the Muslim faith consider the story to be imaginary. No one believes this story because this story is a fairy tale. They consider the Koran to be a book written by a man and nothing more. A winged horse that flew to heaven? That is imaginary -- as imaginary as flying reindeer.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine that I tell you the following story:
I was in my room one night.
Suddenly, my room became exceedingly bright.
Next thing I know there is an angel in my room.
He tells me an amazing story.
He says that there is a set of ancient golden plates buried in the side of a hill in New York.
On them are the books of a lost race of Jewish people who inhabited North America.
These plates bear inscriptions in the foreign language of these people.
Eventually the angel leads me to the plates and lets me take them home.
Even though the plates are in a foreign language, the angel helps me to decipher and translate them.
Then the plates are taken up into heaven, never to be seen again.
I have the book that I translated from the plates. It tells of amazing things -- an entire civilization of Jewish people living here in the United States 2,000 years ago.
And the resurrected Jesus came and visited these people!
I also showed the golden plates to a number of real people who are my eye witnesses, and I have their signed attestations that they did, in fact, see and touch the plates before the plates were taken up into heaven.
Now, what would you say to me about this story? Even though I do have a book, in English, that tells the story of this lost Jewish civilization, and even though I do have the signed attestations, what do you think? This story sounds nutty, doesn't it?
Your story is hypothetical and you donít believe it.

Well if you donít believe how in the hell do you expect me to believe it?
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
[tipping hat]
God inseminated a virgin named Mary, in order to bring his son incarnate into our world.
Mary and her fiancť, Joseph, had to travel to Bethlehem to register for the census. There Mary gave birth to the Son of God.
God put a star in the sky to guide people to the baby.
In a dream God told Joseph to take his family to Egypt. Then God stood by and watched as Herod killed thousands and thousands of babies in Israel in an attempt to kill Jesus.
As a man, God's son claimed that he was God incarnate: "I am the way, the truth and the life," he said.
This man performed many miracles. He healed lots of sick people. He turned water into wine. These miracles prove that he is God.
But he was eventually given the death sentence and killed by crucifixion.
His body was placed in a tomb.
But three days later, the tomb was empty.
And the man, alive once again but still with his wounds (so anyone who doubted could see them and touch them), appeared to many people in many places.
Then he ascended into heaven and now sits at the right hand of God the father almighty, never to be seen again.
Today you can have a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus. You can pray to this man and he will answer your prayers. He will cure your diseases, rescue you from emergencies, help you make important business and family decisions, comfort you in times of worry and grief, etc.
This man will also give you eternal life, and if you are good he has a place for you in heaven after you die.
The reason we know all this is because, after the man died, four people named Matthew, Mark, Luke and John wrote accounts of the man's life. Their written attestations are proof of the veracity of this story.

Do you see ANy similarities to these three stories? Why is one more real than the others?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>If you have to smoke weed at your age now as a thinking enhancer, then you are both. Which means you are useless.

I don't HAVE to do anything.

I choose to.

It's my morning guilty pleasure.

GFY

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>Dope is for losers. Arobatty should give the dope up and do something with his life.
Nah.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>Adam, you have the oldest name in all the earth.
<snicker>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 min Charlie Sheen 259,647
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 2 min Falcon 715
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 2 min shyam 1,105
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 732,249
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Aquarius-WY 538,372
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min Student 38,612
Gay sex in Doha - need hot men (Sep '13) 25 min raj 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 52 min Clearwater 173,230
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Senecus 599,703

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••