Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
135,321 - 135,340 of 224,702 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's more than just a thing.
Obsession is the word I think you're looking for. Abnormal obsession? Is there such a thing?
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you punish your child for loving his/her siblings, but not you?
Yes, I would throw them on a bed of hot coals, and let them roast forever!!!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I get ya!
Only God knows what he's up to, we can only guess.
There is no such thing as God. To believe in God is irrational, illogical, unfounded, and juvenile. The more educated you are, the less likelihood that you will believe in mythical beings and magical places. The cure for unreasonable, illogical, unsupported, and childish beliefs is education, particularly in the sciences. A little history helps also. Good luck with your studies.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such thing as God. To believe in God is irrational, illogical, unfounded, and juvenile. The more educated you are, the less likelihood that you will believe in mythical beings and magical places. The cure for unreasonable, illogical, unsupported, and childish beliefs is education, particularly in the sciences. A little history helps also. Good luck with your studies.
Luke 2:

7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Research needs to be performed to see how many hours atheists spend on forums worried about being wrong as opposed to spending time enjoying life.
Christians spend 2 or 3 hours a week at church celebrating being right about this topic, while atheists spend no less than 5 -8 hours a DAY worried sick about being wrong.
I find it hilarious.
The God you worship murders little babies and destroys unborn fetuses. he condones slavery and makes laws requiring a rape victim to marry her rapist. He participates in blood sacrifice and gives instructions on raping young girls. Just thought you ought to know!!!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 2:
7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
7.) They should have made reservations, their fault!!!

8.) Logical, God delivered his very impotent message to all of mankind to a bunch of ignorant shepherds in a backward desert region, rather than a flourishing civilization like China was during that period of time.

9.) The evidence for angels is the same as for werewolves.

10.) Since angels are myths, they can't talk!!!

11.) Yes, an infant is born to you, that was conceived through pure magic.

I'd like to know why you thinks this story is more valid than any of the Greek mythologies. Please don't use the bible as a source, it's an immoral book who's multiple authors are completely unknown.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 2:
Strange that Mark, John and Paul (and no one else either) never heard of this story. Maybe they did but it was not true or it was meaningless so they left it out.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Be careful what you say to that one.
I know. I kinda feel bad for the poor guy. He really thinks he's jesus.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 2:
And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty)[al-Talaaq 65:2]

“lie2menomo”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Well i am sorry to read how confuse and angry some are and for good cause, But my friend you like myself are having issues with the justice and Drug users. There must be laws and goverment we all have to control our own behavior and faith, i too have been wronged and pray God helps me strong and trust me the people need to learn to educate and make change in a rational responsible mater. Even behind bars or on drugs, follow the rules and actions will cause reaction. Just as reaction causes action. God is your saivior and with all do respect, i don`t judge or condem anyone, It is bigger than you and i. I have many sad true storys too, understand. I trust noone who has so much hate truth is people who claim they are religous scare me more than your ugly words of threats and hate could ever. You are keeping it real. Only what does this following give you or anyone eles, no peace and no JUSTICE! And i promise you trust and believe no hope no change, hate and love just as belive in God is a personal desision. God bless you my Brother.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I know. I kinda feel bad for the poor guy. He really thinks he's jesus.
I've learned all I can from that one.

If you're curious, his danger potential is somewhat low.

I'm gonna leave him to his happy delusions.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange that Mark, John and Paul (and no one else either) never heard of this story. Maybe they did but it was not true or it was meaningless so they left it out.
Which part is meaningless G? The birth, the Manger or the Angel? Methinks you mean the Angel,'cause we share different views on them, but there is no doubt that JESUS had a huge impact on Mark, John and Paul :O)

“lie2menomo”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

I`m just saying, He needs to here the truth.He has to know other views. I hope he learned, I had to i just got God first before hate and anger cosumed me. I belive in two side to each story and then there is the truth.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>I am not Hiding, I am Aerobatty.
I'm Hiding.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>lol!

Hey batty, do you remember me from pakistan forum, when you were up for women breast feeding men? I called you a perv, remember??
Lol.

I remember that.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/Local%20News...

This guy comes up with amusing articles about growing up in New Mexico speaking Spanglish.

Interesting state. Families that go back to the conquistadors mixed with Indians and Anglos. Running into names like Roberto Jose Heywood Johnson or Henry Gerard Martinez, is not uncommon.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You've never been gay hunting? Aw man, it's awesome. You're missing out.
27Nov12.....

.....There are NO queers in BobLoblah's locale.

BoLoblah shot'em all and planted dem upside down and use their arses as 'bicycle' rests.

Ps:...and den sum tooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
7.) They should have made reservations, their fault!!!
8.) Logical, God delivered his very impotent message to all of mankind to a bunch of ignorant shepherds in a backward desert region, rather than a flourishing civilization like China was during that period of time.
9.) The evidence for angels is the same as for werewolves.
10.) Since angels are myths, they can't talk!!!
11.) Yes, an infant is born to you, that was conceived through pure magic.
I'd like to know why you thinks this story is more valid than any of the Greek mythologies. Please don't use the bible as a source, it's an immoral book who's multiple authors are completely unknown.
I donít think I have ever seen an angel. Iím pretty sure my wife has on two occasions and possibly three. Neither story you would believe so I wonít bother you with it.

I had to take Greek Mythology in Jr. High School. That was one time in my life I embraced atheism. At least when it came that ridiculous nonsense we were forced to learn in school.

All I can tell you is that Iím 100% sure that my God is real. No illusions and no fantasy, he is real to me and thatís what counts. You donít believe ok, no problem for me.

I was a emergency responder and incident commander for 32 years. In our training we were taught to always save ourselves first. Then our fellow responders second. Third, all others if they can be saved.

My concern, when it comes to salvation, is for myself and my family. You my good Doctor, donít believe and donít want to be saved. You Sir, are know in the Christian community as a ďDNR.Ē And that acronym stands for,ďDo Not Rescue.Ē

We are not talking about a physical rescue but salvation in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. I would love to have you join us in heaven but you have made your decision.

[tipping hat]

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget Dr. Luke.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
The immoral instruction like: 1.) How much you should pay for a slave. 2.) How long they can be kept as a slave. 3.) How to mark them as your property. 4.) How severely you may beat the with a rod. 5.) Under what circumstance you may keep a young virgin for yourself. 6.) How a young vicim is required to marry her rapists with no possibility of divorce. Thats good for starters!!!! They,,,,,,,,,well any rational, clear thinking, logical, intelligent human. Count yourself OUT!!!!
27Nov12.....

...Something like dis:..

1).....Depends on how fat 'she' is. The more fat, da more money.

2).....Kept until the 12th of Never.

3).....A branding on the center of the ForeHead in th shape of a Cross.

4).....Beat until your very 'own' hand hurts.

5).....Until you feel horny enough to Really & Truly love her.

6).....The 'rapist' should be spread-Eagled, and the young female (presuming its a female, of course)... victim given a sharp knife to 'filet' him down do da bone....after removing his skin, of course. Should the rapist have been a female, the same treatment should be applied. There's a whole lotta dat goin' on out there....along with beaten and battered 'husbands' but nobody talks about it....as it might upset the female gender.

Ps:.....Include BobLoblah 'out', ya 'Blackie' schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

264 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min nanoanomaly 722,358
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 4 min Shyam 446
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Oxbow 533,731
00971569470225 Body to body massage in Abudhabi 18 min sunny 0569470225 38
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 35 min Krackerjacks 115,659
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 39 min Hidingfromyou 93,873
GMO foods and you! 44 min Hidingfromyou 13
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr 911 A and E 257,052
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr Megamegan 87
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••