Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258464 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#140821 Nov 26, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange that Mark, John and Paul (and no one else either) never heard of this story. Maybe they did but it was not true or it was meaningless so they left it out.
Don't forget Dr. Luke.
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#140822 Nov 26, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
The immoral instruction like: 1.) How much you should pay for a slave. 2.) How long they can be kept as a slave. 3.) How to mark them as your property. 4.) How severely you may beat the with a rod. 5.) Under what circumstance you may keep a young virgin for yourself. 6.) How a young vicim is required to marry her rapists with no possibility of divorce. Thats good for starters!!!! They,,,,,,,,,well any rational, clear thinking, logical, intelligent human. Count yourself OUT!!!!
27Nov12.....

...Something like dis:..

1).....Depends on how fat 'she' is. The more fat, da more money.

2).....Kept until the 12th of Never.

3).....A branding on the center of the ForeHead in th shape of a Cross.

4).....Beat until your very 'own' hand hurts.

5).....Until you feel horny enough to Really & Truly love her.

6).....The 'rapist' should be spread-Eagled, and the young female (presuming its a female, of course)... victim given a sharp knife to 'filet' him down do da bone....after removing his skin, of course. Should the rapist have been a female, the same treatment should be applied. There's a whole lotta dat goin' on out there....along with beaten and battered 'husbands' but nobody talks about it....as it might upset the female gender.

Ps:.....Include BobLoblah 'out', ya 'Blackie' schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#140823 Nov 26, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The God you worship murders little babies and destroys unborn fetuses. he condones slavery and makes laws requiring a rape victim to marry her rapist. He participates in blood sacrifice and gives instructions on raping young girls. Just thought you ought to know!!!!!
Thank you for that twisted and demented version of our God. Just for the record rape was and is an illegal act. Oh, and God never aborted babies. If you are referring miscarriages that is not the same as an intentional abortion.

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#140824 Nov 26, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The God you worship murders little babies and destroys unborn fetuses. he condones slavery and makes laws requiring a rape victim to marry her rapist. He participates in blood sacrifice and gives instructions on raping young girls. Just thought you ought to know!!!!!
Rape is clearly against the law in the Bible. It’s very clear it is an illegal act punishable by death.

The issue of rape is found in Deuteronomy 22 but not the particular scripture presented. The scripture on rape is verse 25-27. It is clear and easy for all to understand.

Notice the key word here in verse 25 is “FORCE.”

Deuteronomy 22:

25. But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die.

26. But unto the damsel thou shalt do nothing; there is in the damsel no sin worthy of death: for as when a man riseth against his neighbour, and slayeth him, even so is this matter:

27. For he found her in the field, and the betrothed damsel cried, and there was none to save her.

Ok, lets look at each verse in detail.

Duet 22: 25. But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die.

“A betrothed damsel.” Betrothed means; engaged. Damsel means; a young unmarried woman of noble birth . Force is easy enough to understand. Lie with her is have sex with her in this case by force,“Rape.”

“then the man only that lay with her shall die.” Punishment for rape was death.

26.” But unto the damsel thou shalt do nothing;” No punishment warranted because the man forced her,“there is in the damsel no sin worthy of death:”

“for as when a man riseth against his neighbour, and slayeth him, even so is this matter:” This matter is like murder, rape was considered just like a unjustified murder.

27.“For he found her in the field, and the betrothed damsel cried,” He found her in the field, alone. She cried for help during the attack.

“and there was none to save her.” There was no one to save her.”

None of this is hard to understand. It’s simple Simon. This is the issue of rape. Your right it is quite clear.

Let us finish this bible study. Verse 28:

Deuteronomy 22:

28. If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed,[ Not engaged] and lay hold on her, and lie with her,[ Have sexual relations] and they be found; [They are caught in the act].

Notice verse 28 does not use the word “force” as it was written in verse 25.

This is consensual sex, not by force. The use of force was described in verse 25. It is absent “force” in verse 28. Also absent is the cries for help by the damsel.

29.“Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.”

Verse 29 deals with the penalty phase. You play, you pay. The man must marry the damsel. There is a reason for this. She probably going to be pregnant. The father must work and provide support for the mother and child.
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#140825 Nov 26, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't get past the gay comoflauge...
27Nov12.....

.....Yeah.

Ps:.....dat pasting dat dey plaster on demSelves to cover up their ugliness is God-awful thick.

....also, the scent of schidt from their arses is thick toooooooool

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#140826 Nov 26, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and God never aborted babies.
Noah's flood.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#140827 Nov 26, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget Dr. Luke.
DR Anonymous, friends of Mr Anonymous, Mr Anonymous and Mr Anonymous.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#140828 Nov 26, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love to have you join us in heaven but you have made your decision.
Your place is booked? God has no say in the matter?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#140829 Nov 26, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>So you like to smoke weed? Just keep in mind that it contains cancer causing agents.

Both tobacco and cannabis smoke contain the same cancer-causing compounds (carcinogens).

“cannabis smoke remains carcinogenic.”

http://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/20051017/pot...
But I only smoke a tiny fraction of weed compared to the tobacco I used to smoke.

That's a major factor.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#140830 Nov 26, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
Weed is a cancer stick, but no need to worry about that until... The Doctor tells you that you have stage 4 cancer.
Vaporize, baby. Vaporize.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#140831 Nov 26, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
http://www.drugabuse.gov/drugs -abuse/marijuana

Short-term effects of marijuana use include euphoria, distorted perceptions, memory impairment, and difficulty thinking and solving problems.

Long-term marijuana abuse can lead to:
Addiction
Poorer educational outcomes and job performance, diminished life satisfaction
Respiratory problems—chronic cough, bronchitis
Risk of psychosis in vulnerable individuals
Cognitive impairment persisting beyond the time of intoxication
Reefer madness.

Have another beer.

Or cup of coffee.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#140832 Nov 26, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You never cease to amaze me.
Ignorance is curable.

Stupidity is not.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#140833 Nov 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Correlation to causation fallacy.

Marijuana is a low cost drug, that is why it's more common in areas and cultures where they cannot afford the more expensive, and much more common, pain medications. On the streets pain medications are known by their common names, but they are almost the same thing, just a bit more dangerous.

As for the medical stuff, smoking anything causes those, even being around cars can cause those.

The impairment is often a preexisting condition, prior to it's use. You have to be impaired in order to break a law, no matter what that law is, even jaywalking.
Marijuana was originally outlawed in an attempt to get rid of Mexican immigrants.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#140834 Nov 26, 2012
bossdrop wrote:
<quoted text>Actually you're an atheist..Period. You just don't know it.

You don't believe in parts of the bible that contradicts your faith"??

So basically you're saying God is NOT Omnipotent. Because what you're saying is God is not strong enough to make sure what is recorded in the bible is exactly the knowledge and account He wanted mankind to know. And you're also saying denying that Jesus Christ existed and is the only way to God.

Why are you serving a God that is NOT Omnipotent? What does your "faith" have to do with anything? if you look at the biblical evidence objectively and conclude in your mind that God is Omnipotent, you will realize Jesus Christ is God.

Its because you do not want to accept Jesus Christ as God, and you do not want to accept an Omnipotent God, that's the reason you disregard Biblical heaven and hell.

Will you be ostracized from your family and friends, go to jail, lose your job, or the threat of death why you cling to your faith? or is it that you do not believe the bible? Whatever the reason, that's ok with me...your soul, your eternity.

But to say you only believe "some" parts of the bible and not all, your mental position is that God is NOT Omnipotent. And if you're serving a God that is not Omnipotent...you might as well be serving no God at all. Because the "God" you believe in, does not exist.

Now to your religious "quotes"
I agree, talk gets no one to heaven. And Jesus Christ is Truth.
Whatever will be will be??? then your God is not a personal God.
Everyone is touched by greed, pleasure, pain etc at points in their lives.

The rest of it is too general to comment on.
You're atheist, too.

You don't believe in Thor, Odin, Zeus and a whole host of other "gods".

I only believe in one less than you.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#140835 Nov 26, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Eagle no longer surprises me.

He's an uneducated, unintelligent, uniformed simpleton.

And yet, he longs to be heard.

Kind of sad really.

If I were his wife, I'd keep him on a leash.
She does.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#140836 Nov 26, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
This planet needs a reset.
Ok, god.

No flood this time.

Remember?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#140837 Nov 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you hate living so much?
He pretends he's intelligent, but he knows he's not and never will be.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#140838 Nov 26, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>“Kind of sad really.”….“uniformed”

Boy you sure botched up that one Pedro. You didn’t even write a complete sentence.

If you would bother to run the chickens out of your trailer office. You might be able to concentrate well enough to write a complete sentence. And I will give you another free bit of advice. Stop taking payments in chickens.

I’ve seen it time and again when someone makes a effort to debase someone. They end up making themselves look like an ass. Just like you did. Oh another thing, buy your ass a new hat. One that doesn’t have chicken feathers stuck in it.
"If you would bother to run the chickens out of your trailer office." Is not a complete sentence.

There is more, but I can't be bothered.

You really should proofread if you're going to critique somebody else's writing.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#140839 Nov 26, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/he adlines/2012/11/man-arrested-a fter-telling-kids-santa-isnt-r eal/

Musta been a Topix atheist.
The Ministry of Truth must have gotten wind of it.

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#140840 Nov 26, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you would bother to run the chickens out of your trailer office." Is not a complete sentence.
There is more, but I can't be bothered.
You really should proofread if you're going to critique somebody else's writing.
“If you're going to critique somebody else's writing.”

Homey, take a junior college course on writing and basic sentence structure. In fact you and Catcher would both being doing yourself a favor by learning how to write. Neither one of you write worth a sh**.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 12 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 2,204
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 23 min nanoanomaly 118,654
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr worthless crap 678,643
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 184,825
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr worthless crap 46,208
The Catholic and Moslem debate 2 hr worthless crap 3
white supremacist freemasons 2 hr worthless crap 6
More from around the web