Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,752)

Showing posts 135,021 - 135,040 of224,012
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
On that last comment: I wholeheartedly agree. My mother-in-law was killed by doctors a year and a half ago. If they never told her she "needs to get that cough checked out" and scared the crap out of her, she'd have never gione under their deadly knife.
I miss her.
F_ck doctors and f_ck "modern medicine".
Wait, so the doctors weren't able to save your mother and that makes them to blame for it? Throat cancer will kill you without medical intervention, period.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>"The Christian reline?" what the hell is that? If you mean the Christian Doctrine is based on lunacy, then yes it is. You're just to brainwashed to realize it. It's lunacy because the concept is entirely unreasonable, irrational, illogical, and mind numbingly foolish. Sorry you can't see it!!!
You wrote "Christian reline", not me...

Deal with your ignorance however you see fit.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Joseph was a slave. Sold into slavery by his own blood brothers.
And God allowed it to happen.
Your so called god could have stopped it.

Commandment No. 11. Thou shall not buy, sell or own slaves.

See it was simple to do. But what did your god say instead:-
"It's ok to have slaves just don't rough them up too much."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You refuse evidence, yet claim your beliefs are true without it? And i'm the idiot and hypocrite? Really now!!!!!!!
I've never seen anyone so afraid of evidence as you are. Remember..."Gods are fragile thing, they can be destroys by a whiff of science or a pinch of common sense." Poor little Theist so terrified of evidence. Can't say as I blame you. If I had a belief based on nothing but mythology I'd be terrified of the concept of evidence, since I would have non.
Cohen huh? I have to LOL at that idiotic phrase.

What "whiff" of science has destroys (sic) God?

Answer: none. You athitards have been trying for 2,000 years....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, so the doctors weren't able to save your mother and that makes them to blame for it? Throat cancer will kill you without medical intervention, period.
Assume much? She didn't have throat cancer, she had a pencil eraser sized piece of cancer in her lung. It was later found to be harmless to her.

They operated on her without testing her enough to see if she'd survive the surgery. Her heart stopped after surgery, it wasn't strong enough.

It was their fault that she died.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Zen Master Ein wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure you want to hang your gay hat on this one?
You see, even in America, we would imprison people for crimes and then make them work, it was called the chain gang. If you also notice, every text in the Bible mentions what the Israelites were to do when they conquered their enemies who were attacking them.
Here are the choices:
1. Set them free
2. Kill them
3. Feed and imprison them and pay for their upkeep.
4. Enslave their conquered foes, and make them work for their upkeep.
Joseph was actually a slave, who would become second in charge only to the Pharaoh.
When God ordered Saul to kill all the women, children, men and animals of the Amalekites, your crowd screamed then. Perhaps, you are saying that the Amalekites should have been freed, after stalking and killing Israelites for over 300 years.
Well, Saul spared King Agag, who was never made a slave, and for this, King Agag raised a son, who was 3 times as bad as Agag and killed twice as many Israelites.
If your wife and child are ever raped, please invite me on the jury at the rapists trial, per your instructions, I will make sure that he walks, so he can do it again.
And you wish to hang your hat on the fact that your God of love, kindness, and compassion, is a vengeful murdering psychopath. There is a difference between wanton slaughter of your supposed enemies, and winning a battle and treating the conquered humanly. Notice how the allies didn't put every man women and child to the sword when Germany was conquered as your God would have instructed. Nor did the allies seek out all the German and Japanese virgins and let the soldiers have them to do as they pleased. God said these virgins were the spoils of war and the men should enjoy them. Ever wonder how those young women were known to be virgins? Some kind of test that God instructed them to follow?

Are you frigin serious, you want to make a correlation between southern chain gangs and biblical slavery? Really?? A child would understand the difference. The chain gangs were convicted criminals, this is how they repaid society for their inability or unwillingness to abide by the laws of that society. You really do look totally stupid trying to justify Your God's immorality by using chain gangs!!!

Here once again, because it's becoming very obvious that you and those like you who try so very hard to justify slavery, simple refuse or are unwilling to accept, the FACT that, one human being OWNING another human being is....IMMORAL. I don't care about the circumstances, or the benefits of slavery, or how some people rose to prominence because of slavery , under NO condition possible, is it MORAL for one human to OWN another. What the f--k don't you people get!!!???

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you provide evidence of your stupidity and you post conspiracy nonsense in the same post.
Most people shot who die do so in the hospital, at the hands of doctors, because they can't prevent all deaths. Malaria is only in check, though not yet extinct like some of the others, only because of medical sciences, people use to die from that all the time, now you have the luxury of actually being scared of it before even being infected.
The immune system is useful, but not very strong, you still catch colds and flus, because of them constantly evolving. Black plague, gone only because of medical science. Food no longer kills you with as much frequency, you were lucky to get a meal that didn't make you sick only 200 years ago.
A broken bone, a death sentence in times before modern medicine, is now a minor inconvenience, painful still, but only an inconvenience. Tetanus, use to kill millions when there were only a few hundred million, now a worst case scenario is you lose a hand, but the chance of that infection is almost negligible due to medical science.
You are using the internet, it's only about 30 years since it was made global and available for all. Without it you wouldn't know that malaria is even a threat until most people were infected with it, news broadcasts were never known for punctuality ... of course 100 years ago new media didn't even get to your door unless you were some high up official, and then it was still highly inaccurate and often completely wrong.
You have technology that anyone can afford now, things that only the wealthiest would be able to afford only 50 years ago. Even the poorest people have laptops, cellphones, etc. in some of the poorest countries.
You can walk down the street without being shot, the chances of you actually being harmed walking down the street are less than being struck by lightning. You have vices, and plenty of time to enjoy them. You don't have to work a field for 16 hours a day just to get enough food to survive, and barely survive.
Yes, this generation has it very easy, I remember when catalogs were the only way to have things delivered and that was just junk, nothing really useful. I am envious of children today, they are safer now than ever, they have more they can learn now than ever. You do as well, you just have to be a pessimist and a victim all the time. You can't even take the time to enjoy the time you can take just because it would mean you'd have to admit that life is good.
You're a dingaling. Those were medical malpractice deaths.

If broken bones were a death sentence then none of us would be here now.

BTW, no doctors to save his ass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Glass

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Your so called god could have stopped it.
Commandment No. 11. Thou shall not buy, sell or own slaves.
See it was simple to do. But what did your god say instead:-
"It's ok to have slaves just don't rough them up too much."
God allows us to do what we want to do & make our own choices in life...

In the history of slavery (which is still going on today), not everyone that could own a slave did own a slave.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>And you wish to hang your hat on the fact that your God of love, kindness, and compassion, is a vengeful murdering psychopath. There is a difference between wanton slaughter of your supposed enemies, and winning a battle and treating the conquered humanly. Notice how the allies didn't put every man women and child to the sword when Germany was conquered as your God would have instructed. Nor did the allies seek out all the German and Japanese virgins and let the soldiers have them to do as they pleased. God said these virgins were the spoils of war and the men should enjoy them. Ever wonder how those young women were known to be virgins? Some kind of test that God instructed them to follow?
Are you frigin serious, you want to make a correlation between southern chain gangs and biblical slavery? Really?? A child would understand the difference. The chain gangs were convicted criminals, this is how they repaid society for their inability or unwillingness to abide by the laws of that society. You really do look totally stupid trying to justify Your God's immorality by using chain gangs!!!
Here once again, because it's becoming very obvious that you and those like you who try so very hard to justify slavery, simple refuse or are unwilling to accept, the FACT that, one human being OWNING another human being is....IMMORAL. I don't care about the circumstances, or the benefits of slavery, or how some people rose to prominence because of slavery , under NO condition possible, is it MORAL for one human to OWN another. What the f--k don't you people get!!!???
No ones justifying slavery, you nitwit. It's a part of our history. All of us, all humans in all civilizations.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
Here it is....why do Atheists ALWAYS kown more about whats contained in your holy book than you???
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
Christians dear blacklagoon, Christians..... why do you atheists think you can shove our scriptures down our throats while you prove you know nothing?

Show us the Scriptures where Jesus told anyone to whip anyone..... I know you can't, just hope you have some fun trying LOL

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Assume much? She didn't have throat cancer, she had a pencil eraser sized piece of cancer in her lung. It was later found to be harmless to her.
They operated on her without testing her enough to see if she'd survive the surgery. Her heart stopped after surgery, it wasn't strong enough.
It was their fault that she died.
Okay, so you're blaming them for not being omniscient, I thought you believed in magic, why didn't you use magic? If anything, it's your fault she died, you didn't pray correctly.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You still haven't countered what I stated. This is the most peaceful time in all of human history to be alive. You haven't found a more peaceful time, and I doubt you will, I haven't found a historian or anthropologist that disagrees with that statement.
Did you bother searching?

***He also announced a new social missions ministry. It'll work cooperatively with local communities. At issue is helping all Venezuelans. Under Chavez, those most in need come first.

In America, other Western societies and Israel, austerity is policy. So is warmaking. People needs be damned. They never mattered much. Now they're entirely off the table.

It's been that way for decades. Today it's worse than ever. Imagine denying them during hard times when help is urgently needed. It's not forthcoming.

US policymakers promise deep social cuts ahead. They made plenty so far. Republicans and Democrats are in lockstep. Rhetoric alone differs.

Conquest, corporate favoritism, and benefitting super-rich elites matter. Ordinary people are left high and dry. Resources go increasingly for war and other ways to reward America's privileged.

Warmakers may go global. Perhaps they plan destroying all societies to save them. Body counts don't matter and never did. Only wealth, power, and privilege count. That's what makes their world go round. Wage enough wars and they won't have one. Today's isn't safe to live in.

At age 93, Doug Dowd's commitment for equity, justice, and peace remains strong. His academic career spanned six decades. He's still writing cutting-edge books and articles.

He's a radical economist in the best sense. He wants upside down societies right-sided. By email, he sent this writer and others his latest thoughts. He covered much ground. He headlined "We Must Stop Today's Lurch Toward Disaster and Clear the Path Toward a Decent Society."

http://www.mathaba.net/news/... ***

I'm sure there are more statements that you can find supporting how unsafe it is these days.....

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Zen Master Ein wrote:
<quoted text>So, how many 1000s of years ago was that? In America, never happened and you have no evidence of it ever happening. Exactly what did they use as bait to hunt gay people, little boys?
You've never been gay hunting? Aw man, it's awesome. You're missing out.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a dingaling. Those were medical malpractice deaths.
If broken bones were a death sentence then none of us would be here now.
BTW, no doctors to save his ass.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Glass
You have zero understanding of medical sciences. I do mean zero.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know of no immoral instructions....
Who's "they"?
The immoral instruction like:

1.) How much you should pay for a slave.

2.) How long they can be kept as a slave.

3.) How to mark them as your property.

4.) How severely you may beat the with a rod.

5.) Under what circumstance you may keep a young virgin for yourself.

6.) How a young vicim is required to marry her rapists with no possibility of divorce.

Thats good for starters!!!!

They,,,,,,,,,well any rational, clear thinking, logical, intelligent human. Count yourself OUT!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so you're blaming them for not being omniscient, I thought you believed in magic, why didn't you use magic? If anything, it's your fault she died, you didn't pray correctly.
Nope. It was your precious modern medicine that did her in, just like thousands of other people every year.

"The Zhan and Miller study supported the Institute of Medicine's 1999 report conclusion, which found that medical errors caused up to 98,000 deaths annually and should be considered a national epidemic."

I hope your doctors will come back to God. Through God there is knowledge.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You've never been gay hunting? Aw man, it's awesome. You're missing out.
I can't get past the gay comoflauge...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Did you bother searching?
***He also announced a new social missions ministry. It'll work cooperatively with local communities. At issue is helping all Venezuelans. Under Chavez, those most in need come first.
In America, other Western societies and Israel, austerity is policy. So is warmaking. People needs be damned. They never mattered much. Now they're entirely off the table.
It's been that way for decades. Today it's worse than ever. Imagine denying them during hard times when help is urgently needed. It's not forthcoming.
US policymakers promise deep social cuts ahead. They made plenty so far. Republicans and Democrats are in lockstep. Rhetoric alone differs.
Conquest, corporate favoritism, and benefitting super-rich elites matter. Ordinary people are left high and dry. Resources go increasingly for war and other ways to reward America's privileged.
Warmakers may go global. Perhaps they plan destroying all societies to save them. Body counts don't matter and never did. Only wealth, power, and privilege count. That's what makes their world go round. Wage enough wars and they won't have one. Today's isn't safe to live in.
At age 93, Doug Dowd's commitment for equity, justice, and peace remains strong. His academic career spanned six decades. He's still writing cutting-edge books and articles.
He's a radical economist in the best sense. He wants upside down societies right-sided. By email, he sent this writer and others his latest thoughts. He covered much ground. He headlined "We Must Stop Today's Lurch Toward Disaster and Clear the Path Toward a Decent Society."
http://www.mathaba.net/news/... ***
I'm sure there are more statements that you can find supporting how unsafe it is these days.....
So, you post a blog that's worded just like a conspiracy theorist and actually think that's evidence? You standards of evidence are too low, try raising them to a sane level.

So tell me, how many times have you been shot or stabbed in the last week? Month? Year? What about your whole life? Anything?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You have zero understanding of medical sciences. I do mean zero.
Your mind is detached from the real world.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. It was your precious modern medicine that did her in, just like thousands of other people every year.
"The Zhan and Miller study supported the Institute of Medicine's 1999 report conclusion, which found that medical errors caused up to 98,000 deaths annually and should be considered a national epidemic."
I hope your doctors will come back to God. Through God there is knowledge.
So, instead of fewer people dying of medical mistakes, you want more people to die without medicine. Good call.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 135,021 - 135,040 of224,012
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

524 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min curiouslu 720,054
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min lisw 172,242
should husbands & wives spank each other for se... (Mar '12) 5 min Mrotk 8
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min WasteWater 256,373
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 532,376
Whatsapp or Viber contacts ;) 39 min Asimeng 2
ians vs queenie on god,religion and the art of ... 44 min I LOVE TORTURING ATHEISTS 2
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 1 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••