Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#140327 Nov 23, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean this forum? dw, i think i'm going to be here for a while!
I'm not going to need a strip search am I?
What are you doing up so late? Waiting for a massage?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdyyu2dRJo1...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#140328 Nov 23, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I was making a joke about his "where is ..." list. I know, the joke failed, a good joke doesn't need to be explained. lol My humor is pretty bland.
no, no , it's not you it's me! I only get the more obvious jokes.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#140329 Nov 23, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then explain why this is the most peaceful and secure time in all of history to live. Go ahead, what's the reason, if all these "freaks" took over, then how to you justify saying it's a bad thing?
Here ya go Kitty ~ glad to see you don't mind accusing others of lying instead of owning up to it yourself.... your dishonesty is not only showing, it is shouting from the rooftops... hahahaha

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#140330 Nov 23, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I was making a joke about his "where is ..." list. I know, the joke failed, a good joke doesn't need to be explained. lol My humor is pretty bland.
So's your honesty

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#140331 Nov 23, 2012
Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you doing up so late? Waiting for a massage?
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdyyu2dRJo1...
awwwwwwwwwwwww!

I don't mind one! ;)

No, I normally watch a film at night and then i can't sleep, so i come on topix to talk to u guys coz all my new freinds are annoying as hell, i got nothing better to do atm.

What u doing up? u in uk?
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Chico, CA

#140332 Nov 23, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>yh, u can rent 'fake' love, i've done it i know! I'm not proud of it, just sometimes u get tempted with money.
Just reminded me of a line in the opening song to Johnny Dangerously by weird Al..."if money can't buy happiness, I guess I'll have to rent it"

Since: Sep 10

Vancouver, Canada

#140334 Nov 23, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get it!
All the king's horses and all the king's men....

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#140335 Nov 23, 2012
Clementia wrote:
awwwwwwwwwwwww!
I don't mind one! ;)
No, I normally watch a film at night and then i can't sleep, so i come on topix to talk to u guys coz all my new freinds are annoying as hell, i got nothing better to do atm.
What u doing up? u in uk?
Nope, I'm in America. I'm watching a movie too, a new DVD I got today. It's a crappy giant monster movie I use to love when I was a kid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_X_from_Outer...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#140338 Nov 24, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ya go Kitty ~ glad to see you don't mind accusing others of lying instead of owning up to it yourself.... your dishonesty is not only showing, it is shouting from the rooftops... hahahaha
where's your effing god? greatest lie of all...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#140339 Nov 24, 2012
Zen Master Ein wrote:
<quoted text>So, how many 1000s of years ago was that? In America, never happened and you have no evidence of it ever happening. Exactly what did they use as bait to hunt gay people, little boys?
What bait do you use when you hunt little boys?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#140341 Nov 24, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.reuters.com/article /2012/11/23/us-usa-retail-holi day-thanksgiving-idUSBRE8AL04Q 20121123

Most of those protesters yesterday were useful idiots for unions. Very few store employees were involved. Liberal groups agitating, primarily.

Shows you how out of touch they are with people. Price is everything. Personal economics.

I got sick of those activist idiots being obnoxious years ago.

The way to really educate those pea brains is a Punch a Protester discount. 20% for a bloody nose, 50% for a knockout. Just show a video of it on your cell phone.

Ain't modern technology grand?
There weren't many employees because Walmart would have fired them.

Do you have any idea how some of those people are treated?

There was a case a few years back where employees were literally locked into the store, after hours, without pay, to stock shelves.

They actually chained the doors shut.

I have personally seen an employee chewed out on front of customers when he HDTV the audacity to tell a supervisor who had just told him to do something that it was his break time.

Walmart execs aren't about to take a pay cut for the business. Why should the workers?

You're an idiot, Dave.

Deal with it.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#140342 Nov 24, 2012
LIes Busters wrote:
<quoted text>You're gay, Airbait.
Deal with it.
If I was, I would.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#140343 Nov 24, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
RPGs FTW!
Hmm.

Apparently not what I think of when I hear "RPG".

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#140344 Nov 24, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're the most vague person I've ever seen. You really don't understand that it's all relative, can you?
I'd guess that someone in 1700's would say that's the best time in history.
I'd guess that someone in the 1950's would say the same.
What is it you love so much about the 2000's? Is it email?'cuz we don't need that.
Is it cell phones? Don't need that either.
How 'bout medicine? It's ain't all that great. Half of America is hooked on pharmaceuticals, and they don't need to be.
Is it TV? Don't need that, either. It's a huge waste of time.
So again, Koder. Quit wasting so much Topix space & just be specific.
What is it to you that makes 2012 the best time to live?
Low homicide rate; low rates of violence (both person to person and sanctioned by society);longer life span; more variety of food; better quality of food; better medicines (I would have died in my teens if not for modern drugs); better access to information; more access to education; society more tolerant of differences; better dental practices; air conditioning...

Just a few items off the top of my head.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#140345 Nov 24, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
There weren't many employees because Walmart would have fired them.
Do you have any idea how some of those people are treated?
There was a case a few years back where employees were literally locked into the store, after hours, without pay, to stock shelves.
They actually chained the doors shut.
I have personally seen an employee chewed out on front of customers when he HDTV the audacity to tell a supervisor who had just told him to do something that it was his break time.
Walmart execs aren't about to take a pay cut for the business. Why should the workers?
You're an idiot, Dave.
Deal with it.
Was the employee in the break area or on the floor?

What did the boss tell him to do? Was it related to servicing a customer? If so, then he disrespected his supervisor in public and violated company policy. A chewing out was getting off easy.

Perhaps the employee would have best found a nice union factory job to best serve his personal desires. And stay in the break area.

WalMart was not designed to be an entitlement program for people to take life easy.

You intimated you were in the Naval Academy. As an ensign, did you expect your orders to be followed to accomplish the mission?

You are an idiot and a jerk, Batty. A shame we have to deal with it.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#140346 Nov 24, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
what?
stop drinking, you too drunk!! Can you put your finger on your nose?
He only puts his finger UP his nose.

That's where he finds his greatest value.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#140348 Nov 24, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
In the larger scheme of things, slavery made the difference between living and dying. Forced adaptation to a new culture as a classless person versus death. When you had enemies you could take some as slaves, where they often interbred with their masters, or genocide was performed. Slaves often rose to some positions of power in those societies.
It was the profit motive and commercialization of slave labor in the secular and material world that you seem to be so upset about. The end of that commercialization was brought about primarily because of religious beliefs. Those weren't atheists pushing for its abolition.
Love the "Christian wiggle" the dance you guys do to try and rationalize the immorality of your God. One human being 'OWNING" another human being is immoral, period. I don't care how beneficial it was to certain parties, it's immoral. Your God condones slavery. Both your God and the holy book in which these slavery instructions are found, are immoral, end of conversation!!!
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#140349 Nov 24, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
"If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful"
Not much there about the Master beating the Slave, is there?
Here it is....why do Atheists ALWAYS kown more about whats contained in your holy book than you???

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#140350 Nov 24, 2012
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
goodbye turd
flush, flush
I love it when I see his posts, it means I don't have to read a word of it and just scroll on to anything more intelligent. That would be just about anything!!!!
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#140351 Nov 24, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would prefer not to damn anyone to hell. It's not my place to send people to hell. People do a good enough job getting there without my help.
Do you believe that people who reject your God are sent to hell when they die? Do you think I deserve to be sent to hell as someone who completely rejects your God?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min dirty white boy- 602,182
100%ProfitBot 9 min OscarM 1
The Intense Power Behind The New World Order...... 27 min bubba burpalot 21
Come on Toshi Sanyo 29 min bubba burpalot 10
9/11 Was An Inside Job 33 min bubba burpalot 28
ebola gay snapchat incest bestiality nwo pedo c... 35 min bubba burpalot 5
Nine Eleven 36 min bubba burpalot 141
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 548,705
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr bacon hater 750,701
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr MUQ1 261,680