Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#140442 Nov 24, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent.
But cavemen didn't have microwaves & Tylenol, so.....
I guess that's considered "worse" to Koder.
They also didn't live past 18 very often.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#140443 Nov 24, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you rather deal with running from predators, worrying if that small scratch on your arm will kill you tomorrow or a week from now, getting sick from most of the food you eat, and likely dying before you're even 10? Yeah good choice there.
Says mrs negative.

How 'bout that the cavemen didn't have the worries we have today, the stress. How 'bout being able to enjoy the morning, every morning, your whole life. How 'bout never having to hear a damn phone ringing. How 'bout never sitting in traffic, or dealing with an insurance salesman?

You really don't get it do you? What is better is an opinion, not a fact.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#140444 Nov 24, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Says mrs negative.
How 'bout that the cavemen didn't have the worries we have today, the stress. How 'bout being able to enjoy the morning, every morning, your whole life. How 'bout never having to hear a damn phone ringing. How 'bout never sitting in traffic, or dealing with an insurance salesman?
You really don't get it do you? What is better is an opinion, not a fact.
You do realize they had to spend most, almost the entire day, hunting and gathering food that was likely to kill them, all while avoiding becoming food for some other hungry beast, right? Also, would you have been happier to die of some horrible illness by 18? If so, why are you still alive? If you were a caveman, you'd have died a long time ago.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#140445 Nov 24, 2012
Face it, you can't provide any evidence to counter my point. You were wrong. It's that simple.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#140447 Nov 24, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you rather deal with running from predators, worrying if that small scratch on your arm will kill you tomorrow or a week from now, getting sick from most of the food you eat, and likely dying before you're even 10? Yeah good choice there.
Man has been killing off predators for a while. The body also has this wonderfully evolved ability to self heal. Came in real handy before doctors. I've utilized it uncountable times myself.

Man learned sanitation and things to help keep from getting sick a long time ago. He has been able to observe and make connections long before you came along.

You want to know the thing that has scared me the most? Getting bit by a big blood bloated mosquito on a city bus in New Orleans many years ago.

BTW, doctors and hospitals kill more people than guns every year.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#140448 Nov 24, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So, just because things are different you are asserting they are inherently worse. Not to mention, your stats are wrong and not backed up by facts.
Oy gevalt. You wanted evidence, I gave you evidence....

You said: "just because things are different you are asserting they are inherently worse."

In turn, just because things are different you are asserting they are inherently better....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#140449 Nov 24, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know how old cavemen lived.

Westcliffe, CO

#140450 Nov 24, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
They did quite often.

Where do you get that number? Is that averaging in infant and child mortality, which was likely higher?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#140451 Nov 24, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Face it, you can't provide any evidence to counter my point. You were wrong. It's that simple.
I provided evidence that things aren't better. Here it is again.

Children have far less chance of being raised by both parents.
350% rise in divorce.
Average of 50 hr work week vs 35-40 in 1950.
60% of kids needs daycare because of the demands of working.
Teachers are now more often assaulted than valued.
Assaults in teachers up 700%.
Children now spend much less time with their parents and juvenile crime is up by 500% etc etc
On average, a modern kid reads 1.8 hours a week but watches 21 hours of TV.
Juvenile violent crime up 500%.
Family members live further & further apart.
Most people don't even know their neighbors.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#140452 Nov 24, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize they had to spend most, almost the entire day, hunting and gathering food that was likely to kill them, all while avoiding becoming food for some other hungry beast, right? Also, would you have been happier to die of some horrible illness by 18? If so, why are you still alive? If you were a caveman, you'd have died a long time ago.
Why would you assume cavemen only hunted food "likely to kill them"?

Don't you suppose they may have hunted rabbits, pigs, deer, etc. ie; non-lethal food?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#140453 Nov 24, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Man has been killing off predators for a while. The body also has this wonderfully evolved ability to self heal. Came in real handy before doctors. I've utilized it uncountable times myself.
Man learned sanitation and things to help keep from getting sick a long time ago. He has been able to observe and make connections long before you came along.
You want to know the thing that has scared me the most? Getting bit by a big blood bloated mosquito on a city bus in New Orleans many years ago.
On that last comment: I wholeheartedly agree. My mother-in-law was killed by doctors a year and a half ago. If they never told her she "needs to get that cough checked out" and scared the crap out of her, she'd have never gione under their deadly knife.

I miss her.

F_ck doctors and f_ck "modern medicine".

Westcliffe, CO

#140454 Nov 24, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know how old cavemen lived.
Among a lot of other things.

She is a bit confused. She professes a belief in evolution, but thinks like man was a babe in the woods just dropping in suddenly. Evolutionary wise, man grew up adapting to his environment. Took older specimens to pass down knowledge gained, too, that helped in survival.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#140455 Nov 24, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Face it, I'm a woman in a man's body. It's that simple.
And the truth shall set you free!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#140456 Nov 24, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, you wrote "The Christian reline is based on complete lunacy."
Error proven.
"The Christian reline?" what the hell is that? If you mean the Christian Doctrine is based on lunacy, then yes it is. You're just to brainwashed to realize it. It's lunacy because the concept is entirely unreasonable, irrational, illogical, and mind numbingly foolish. Sorry you can't see it!!!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#140457 Nov 24, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you provide evidence of your stupidity and you post conspiracy nonsense in the same post.

Most people shot who die do so in the hospital, at the hands of doctors, because they can't prevent all deaths. Malaria is only in check, though not yet extinct like some of the others, only because of medical sciences, people use to die from that all the time, now you have the luxury of actually being scared of it before even being infected.

The immune system is useful, but not very strong, you still catch colds and flus, because of them constantly evolving. Black plague, gone only because of medical science. Food no longer kills you with as much frequency, you were lucky to get a meal that didn't make you sick only 200 years ago.

A broken bone, a death sentence in times before modern medicine, is now a minor inconvenience, painful still, but only an inconvenience. Tetanus, use to kill millions when there were only a few hundred million, now a worst case scenario is you lose a hand, but the chance of that infection is almost negligible due to medical science.

You are using the internet, it's only about 30 years since it was made global and available for all. Without it you wouldn't know that malaria is even a threat until most people were infected with it, news broadcasts were never known for punctuality ... of course 100 years ago new media didn't even get to your door unless you were some high up official, and then it was still highly inaccurate and often completely wrong.

You have technology that anyone can afford now, things that only the wealthiest would be able to afford only 50 years ago. Even the poorest people have laptops, cellphones, etc. in some of the poorest countries.

You can walk down the street without being shot, the chances of you actually being harmed walking down the street are less than being struck by lightning. You have vices, and plenty of time to enjoy them. You don't have to work a field for 16 hours a day just to get enough food to survive, and barely survive.

Yes, this generation has it very easy, I remember when catalogs were the only way to have things delivered and that was just junk, nothing really useful. I am envious of children today, they are safer now than ever, they have more they can learn now than ever. You do as well, you just have to be a pessimist and a victim all the time. You can't even take the time to enjoy the time you can take just because it would mean you'd have to admit that life is good.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#140458 Nov 24, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your view supersedes the Word of God?
Which god or should I say what god?

As you have not proven your version of "god" is the true god nor that god is even real, the rest of your post is meaningless.

Knowing your track record for been wrong the chances of you been right about either is extremely remote.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#140459 Nov 24, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing. Just pointing out that you're an idiot and a hypocrite.
You refuse evidence, yet claim your beliefs are true without it? And i'm the idiot and hypocrite? Really now!!!!!!!

I've never seen anyone so afraid of evidence as you are. Remember..."Gods are fragile thing, they can be destroys by a whiff of science or a pinch of common sense." Poor little Theist so terrified of evidence. Can't say as I blame you. If I had a belief based on nothing but mythology I'd be terrified of the concept of evidence, since I would have non.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#140460 Nov 24, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Among a lot of other things.
She is a bit confused. She professes a belief in evolution, but thinks like man was a babe in the woods just dropping in suddenly. Evolutionary wise, man grew up adapting to his environment. Took older specimens to pass down knowledge gained, too, that helped in survival.
Apparently her beliefs are a but skewed.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#140461 Nov 24, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
On that last comment: I wholeheartedly agree. My mother-in-law was killed by doctors a year and a half ago. If they never told her she "needs to get that cough checked out" and scared the crap out of her, she'd have never gione under their deadly knife.
I miss her.
F_ck doctors and f_ck "modern medicine".
Wait, so the doctors weren't able to save your mother and that makes them to blame for it? Throat cancer will kill you without medical intervention, period.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#140462 Nov 24, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>"The Christian reline?" what the hell is that? If you mean the Christian Doctrine is based on lunacy, then yes it is. You're just to brainwashed to realize it. It's lunacy because the concept is entirely unreasonable, irrational, illogical, and mind numbingly foolish. Sorry you can't see it!!!
You wrote "Christian reline", not me...

Deal with your ignorance however you see fit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 18 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 24,634
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 2 hr e williams 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr nanoanomaly 985,583
Sarah George 3 hr Rememberboys 1
News GOP not interested in health care for us 4 hr discocrisco 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr PadMark 685,462
OVERWHELMED...by God's blessings 6 hr Doctor REALITY 12
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 32
More from around the web