Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#140287 Nov 23, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how you know he is a closeted homosexual.
Do you have proof or is this just a libelous assault on your part?
Dude, it's a joke. I think he is, and a lot of other people do. Anyways, he doesn't deserve fair treatment - he runs a gay conversion camp - he is part of a trend that is hateful, hurtful, and wrong. He isn't helping anyone, he is only perpetuating the negative treatment of a marginalized section of the population. Would you defend a christian man running a "witch hunting" league?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#140288 Nov 23, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But you said that now is the best time to live. I think the starving Americans would disagree with you.
Starving Americans? Perhaps there are some in Mexico, but not the US or Canada.
What?!? Oh boy... And you accused me of not being able to see over my own fence.

You're ignorant. No starving Americans?

Feedingamerica.org
In 2011, 50.1 million Americans lived in food insecure households, 33.5 million adults and 16.7 million children.

worldhunger.org

www.conagrafoodsfoundation.org
More than 16 million, or almost one in five, American children are at risk of hunger.

Get a clue, dumb ass.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#140289 Nov 23, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Noooooo!
Tell me it ain't so!
My heart will break!
Never any god!
What do you think?

Sweetie, do you think your Clementine could ever betray you?

Here's a clue; there's no money, Henry is broke!!:-)

Location hidden

#140290 Nov 23, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
So the secret is to keep them chained to their computers?
Your perspectives are a bit warped.
Oh, BTW, wasn't that long ago you didn't have to worry much about someone stealing your identity, or cleaning out your bank account. Yep, those computers sure made the world safer and more secure on the personal level.
New challenges come with every new technology. Or do you think we should have stuck with horse and buggy transportation to avoid car crashes?

The world is still safer than ever before.

Location hidden

#140291 Nov 23, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
huh......
huh?

Location hidden

#140292 Nov 23, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would calling somebody homosexual be considered libelous?
It is if you're stupid.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#140293 Nov 23, 2012
Clementia wrote:
mine's strawberry!
I'll remember.
Clementia wrote:
noooooooooooo! LOL, if it was that I would be screaming and dancing on the roof, you would know, trust me!
Yes, I would know. You're under surveillance.

Smile :)
Clementia wrote:
I watched it, I watched it!! I can't believe I’m saying this, but I was disappointed with The Dark Knight Rises. It was ok, not as good as the other two. I miss Joker!:(
I don’t even know if they were meant to be, but some of the dialogues weren’t even funny. What really annoyed me was Catwoman. Bruce correcting Catwoman’s pronunciation, in a patronising manner, kind of reminded me of dumb ‘Clementia’, yeah me. That wouldn’t have been too bad if you were watching Harley Quinn on screen, but not blumin’ classy Catwoman. Also, I couldn’t feel the romance between Catwoman and batman; they tried really hard to pretend not to like each other that it actually worked. Catwoman had everything but something was still lacking. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but for some reason I couldn’t see the cat in her. Overall, it was not that good!!
The one thing I did like about the film was the surprises; you’ll have to watch it to find out! Also it was a VERY long film; I could have been married in that time!! Lol
I still want to watch it.

Did you look for Pom Poko? It's super fuggin cute.

Location hidden

#140294 Nov 23, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I'd suggest shut up, there won't be much found telling anyone how safe it is out there.... Just look at the jails and how filled to capacity they are, and the need to build more! Perhaps the thought is that these are gentle peaceful criminals being locked away for more lives than cats have??
Most of our "criminals" are in jail for drug offenses. Our overcrowded jails are indicative of our ridiculous judicial system, not of crime.

Location hidden

#140295 Nov 23, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
never such a mythological thing as marriage!
what?

stop drinking, you too drunk!! Can you put your finger on your nose?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#140296 Nov 23, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be this clueless.
People in the 1700's died in their 20s, so not even a close comparison.
You don't like living longer? That's all because of medicine, without medicine you'd be lucky to be alive, much less healthy enough to even type.
Seriously, you are dense, and stuck in the stone ages.
OMG!!! An answer!!!!!

That's your reason? Why it's better to live now rather than then?

Ok then.

Location hidden

#140297 Nov 23, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG I was wrong! Starbucks, burgers, pizza, Target AND a Playstation!!!!
Funny, I have all those, too. And an XBOX, XBOX360, Wii, laptop, 4 tv's... AND three vehicles.
You're not broke. You're just poor. Admit it. Your crappy video footage is evidence of a webcam straight outta 1994. Is that part of your "tech stuff"?!? LMAO
I don't think you're gonna go to heaven. Isn't there something in the bible about worldly possessions?

Embrace the grey.

#140298 Nov 23, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the blumin hell is henry?
I'm not getting an arranged marriage, so stop trying to arrange it!
What agreement? oh, lol!!
Henry is a very enthusiastic poster over on the Prove There's a God thread.

He says there never was a god!

Location hidden

#140299 Nov 23, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
Being rich, poor, or broke is something that should never be brought up on here concerning the mental state of posters. Although the atheists do seem to more than others.
You can be wacko in any economic strata. Catcher and others like him are proof of that.
Using economic strata in this type of argument tend to be discouraged in religion and secular humanism both. It ain't got no class.
I'm poorer and have been poorer than any of you, and that is a fact. I will deal with those that want to make a joke of that later.
Be nice.
Goodnight.
You never fail to make me laugh. First, you say money should never be brought up - wrongly "accuse" atheists of talking about it, when it's actually riverside going on and on about all his cool stuff. And then you proceed to "brag" about how poor you are/have been, and how no one could possibly "beat" you at that.

Location hidden

#140300 Nov 23, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're the most vague person I've ever seen. You really don't understand that it's all relative, can you?
I'd guess that someone in 1700's would say that's the best time in history.
I'd guess that someone in the 1950's would say the same.
What is it you love so much about the 2000's? Is it email?'cuz we don't need that.
Is it cell phones? Don't need that either.
How 'bout medicine? It's ain't all that great. Half of America is hooked on pharmaceuticals, and they don't need to be.
Is it TV? Don't need that, either. It's a huge waste of time.
So again, Koder. Quit wasting so much Topix space & just be specific.
What is it to you that makes 2012 the best time to live?
We should probably go back to the good old days, right? Who needs all this progress? I wanna hunt some gay people!

Location hidden

#140301 Nov 23, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll remember.
<quoted text>
Yes, I would know. You're under surveillance.
Smile :)
<quoted text>
I still want to watch it.
Did you look for Pom Poko? It's super fuggin cute.
good!:)

what? what are you the FBI of topix? u pervs! lol

yh, defo watch it!! I want to know what you think! I want to bitch about it, but I can't coz then I'll be spoiling it for u!

I watched the trailor thingy, I'll watch it tomorrow.:)

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#140302 Nov 23, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What?!? Oh boy... And you accused me of not being able to see over my own fence.
You're ignorant. No starving Americans?
Feedingamerica.org
In 2011, 50.1 million Americans lived in food insecure households, 33.5 million adults and 16.7 million children.
worldhunger.org
www.conagrafoodsfoundation.org
More than 16 million, or almost one in five, American children are at risk of hunger.
Get a clue, dumb ass.
Liberal propaganda. If you are starving in the US, you aren't trying.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#140303 Nov 23, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG I was wrong! Starbucks, burgers, pizza, Target AND a Playstation!!!!
Funny, I have all those, too. And an XBOX, XBOX360, Wii, laptop, 4 tv's... AND three vehicles.
You're not broke. You're just poor. Admit it. Your crappy video footage is evidence of a webcam straight outta 1994. Is that part of your "tech stuff"?!? LMAO

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're the most vague person I've ever seen. You really don't understand that it's all relative, can you?
I'd guess that someone in 1700's would say that's the best time in history.
I'd guess that someone in the 1950's would say the same.
What is it you love so much about the 2000's? Is it email?'cuz we don't need that.
Is it cell phones? Don't need that either.
How 'bout medicine? It's ain't all that great. Half of America is hooked on pharmaceuticals, and they don't need to be.
Is it TV? Don't need that, either. It's a huge waste of time.
So again, Koder. Quit wasting so much Topix space & just be specific.
What is it to you that makes 2012 the best time to live?

Oh, and Redneck, nice way to contradict yourself. You sort of walked into that one, didn't you?

Location hidden

#140304 Nov 23, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Henry is a very enthusiastic poster over on the Prove There's a God thread.
He says there never was a god!
lol, but why u saying i'm marrying him?

I'm going to have a look at that thread. I might say hi, lol.

Since: Sep 10

Vancouver, Canada

#140305 Nov 23, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, but why u saying i'm marrying him?
I'm going to have a look at that thread. I might say hi, lol.
Noooooo!

Henry is broke!

No Henry!

Tide, help!

Eagle, where are you?

Embrace the grey.

#140306 Nov 23, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
good!:)
what? what are you the FBI of topix? u pervs! lol
yh, defo watch it!! I want to know what you think! I want to bitch about it, but I can't coz then I'll be spoiling it for u!
I watched the trailor thingy, I'll watch it tomorrow.:)
I have eyes and ears everywhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min dirty white boy- 753,610
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min Toby 96,415
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min Innocent Holy dr ... 602,787
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 16 min WasteWater 4,838
Moses never existed 17 min WasteWater 82
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 17 min gimpyolman 441,492
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 24 min pusherman_ 550,875
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min WasteWater 262,078
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Rider on the Storm 174,539

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE