Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256135 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#140374 Nov 24, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You just have to dodge the points made, you cannot address them up front because you know we're right and you're dead wrong ... again.
I dodged nothing. I've admitted that its all relative, you won't.

In the good ole days, people would say "I miss the good ole days".

It's all relative.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#140375 Nov 24, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>When you disagree with someone, the intelligent person produces evidence or an argument to the contrary.
That's why you offered no evidence?

lol

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#140376 Nov 24, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sure. All those poor criminals locked up in prisons are because of a broken judicial system....
What's wrong with you people?
There you go again, you didn't understand anything I posted because it was so far out of your education that your minuscule brain was incapable of comprehending it, so you instead try to accuse me of saying something I never did. If you can't be honest, at least display some creativity in your dishonesty.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#140377 Nov 24, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I dodged nothing. I've admitted that its all relative, you won't.
In the good ole days, people would say "I miss the good ole days".
It's all relative.
Yes, relative to a few decades ago. This is the most peaceful and best time to be alive anywhere in all known history, you cannot prove otherwise.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#140378 Nov 24, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the captain of your own ship my good Doctor. It is entirely up to you on the course you take. There is time to change course if you so desire and join us in paradise.
Revelations 21: 8.
8. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
That is NOT what I asked. Do you believe that since I completely reject your God that I am going to be sent to hell when I die? Do you think I deserve to be tortured for eternity? Simple yes or no questions, why are they so hard for you to answer?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#140379 Nov 24, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good job, blacky. Your athijucation is growing.
Point out the error if you can!!!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#140380 Nov 24, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Make up your damn mind.
Irony, it is you who cannot make up your mind. You enjoy the fruits of science and technology, yet you wish for a time when those did not exist. You benefit from science that you deny every single day. If anyone on here is confused about what they want, it's you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#140381 Nov 24, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, relative to a few decades ago. This is the most peaceful and best time to be alive anywhere in all known history, you cannot prove otherwise.
You can't prove that it is. All you can do is demonstrate your opinion in the matter. Why can't you see that?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#140382 Nov 24, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again, you didn't understand anything I posted because it was so far out of your education that your minuscule brain was incapable of comprehending it, so you instead try to accuse me of saying something I never did. If you can't be honest, at least display some creativity in your dishonesty.
I'm getting really bored with you. I've never had to repeat myself over & over like I have to do with you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#140383 Nov 24, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Point out the error if you can!!!
Sure, you wrote "The Christian reline is based on complete lunacy."

Error proven.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#140384 Nov 24, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Irony, it is you who cannot make up your mind. You enjoy the fruits of science and technology, yet you wish for a time when those did not exist. You benefit from science that you deny every single day. If anyone on here is confused about what they want, it's you.
My God you're an assumptive one...

When did I say that I wish for a time before technology? I said its all relative.

When have I suggested that I deny science & technology? I haven't.

As I said, make up YOUR mind.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#140385 Nov 24, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacky loves his slaves. I'm waiting for him to talk about that some more.....
zzzzzzz
I do love those biblical slaves. I especially love to watch the "Christian wiggle" the dance you do when you have no defense for your demon God. I love to have everyone on this site watch you in your idiotic attempts to deny what is clearly written in your immoral holy book. here are two of your most comical denials:

1.) Even though people are bought and made to work, they're not slaves but SERVANTS!!!!

2.) The description if slaves in the bible was a gross error in translation. ONLY the KJV is accurate!!

I do so enjoy your dancing!!!!!

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#140386 Nov 24, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You're ridiculous. It is not hateful to work against bigoted, hurtful christian ideas. 50 years ago you would be calling anti-segregationists bigots for daring to question your "religious right" to be seperate from the blacks. And you have no right to invoke "religious freedom" and your "religious tradition" unless you follow every commandment in the bible. I know you don't. You pick the ones that reinforce and justify your pre-existing bigotry.
Do you really consider it a religious right to discriminate against people? To advocate an outdated and demonstrably ineffective "technique?"
And good, it will be funny to see christian bigots railing against progress. You guys will go the way of the people who fought against civil rights. You, or at least your descendants, will look back on this time with shame.
It is up to you to tell someone of faith what they can believe? And Christians have to abide by what you tell them?

You’re authorized to redefine the battery limits of morality?

Your view supersedes the Word of God?

How is the religious right discriminating against people? By our individual right to vote how we choose? Because we choose to vote opposite from you, we are to be ashamed?

Tim, you don’t want to live in a democracy. You want to live in a dictatorship. Sir, you will not take away my freedom.

"Give me Liberty, or Give me Death!"

Patrick Henry

[On that day, at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia, and is credited with having swung the balance in convincing the Virginia House of Burgesses to pass a resolution delivering the Virginia troops to the Revolutionary War. Among the delegates to the convention were future US Presidents Thomas Jefferson and George Washington].
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#140387 Nov 24, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why you offered no evidence?
lol
And just what evidence would you like?

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#140388 Nov 24, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>There's nothing definitive, but look at that dude, listen to him talk, and you will probably agree. And then there's the fact that he runs a gay conversion camp, and constantly says things like "we all have desires that we shouldn't have, but we can control them through jesus."
The fact that he has kids doesn't preclude him from being gay - we have the term closeted homosexual for a reason - many people go most, if not all of their lives hiding their sexuality behind a front of "normality."
"There's nothing definitive"

Thank you.

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#140389 Nov 24, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, it's a joke. I think he is, and a lot of other people do. Anyways, he doesn't deserve fair treatment - he runs a gay conversion camp - he is part of a trend that is hateful, hurtful, and wrong. He isn't helping anyone, he is only perpetuating the negative treatment of a marginalized section of the population. Would you defend a christian man running a "witch hunting" league?
"he doesn't deserve fair treatment"

Really?

Isn’t that how the Nazi’s viewed the Jews? They didn’t deserve fair treatment?

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#140390 Nov 24, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>That is NOT what I asked. Do you believe that since I completely reject your God that I am going to be sent to hell when I die? Do you think I deserve to be tortured for eternity? Simple yes or no questions, why are they so hard for you to answer?
Your destiny is not in my hands but in yours.

And I have answered your question.

I believe in Revelations 21: 8.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#140391 Nov 24, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I do love those biblical slaves. I especially love to watch the "Christian wiggle" the dance you do when you have no defense for your demon God. I love to have everyone on this site watch you in your idiotic attempts to deny what is clearly written in your immoral holy book. here are two of your most comical denials:
1.) Even though people are bought and made to work, they're not slaves but SERVANTS!!!!
2.) The description if slaves in the bible was a gross error in translation. ONLY the KJV is accurate!!
You're so predictable.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#140392 Nov 24, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text> And just what evidence would you like?
Nothing. Just pointing out that you're an idiot and a hypocrite.

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#140393 Nov 24, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I do love those biblical slaves. I especially love to watch the "Christian wiggle" the dance you do when you have no defense for your demon God. I love to have everyone on this site watch you in your idiotic attempts to deny what is clearly written in your immoral holy book. here are two of your most comical denials:
Joseph was a slave. Sold into slavery by his own blood brothers.

And God allowed it to happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Buck Crick 56,493
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 min Pegasus 281,489
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Catcher1 971,901
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min bad bob 183,001
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 32 min patsy the shared ... 42
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 48 min andet1987 2,366
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 50 min WasteWater 45,016
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr confrinting with ... 650,847
More from around the web