Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,734)

Showing posts 134,661 - 134,680 of216,278
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you say god bless to atheists. Are you that retarded?
Yep.
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

You don't even have to be American. I had a great Thanksgiving meal at an American friend's house last night. His family is still in the US, so he celebrates with his friends instead.
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Do atheists celebrate it too?
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

When Joanna Lumley was pushing the Nepalese cause, I said they could settle in the UK if they took out a fundamentalist UK muslim in return.

The scheme could be called Gurkhas for burkas.
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
This country really needs to do something about the fanatic muslims!!!! Grooming of young girls is getting worse and it's affecting all us non-muslims!! We all know what goes on inside a mosque, yet this silly government keeps giving them permission to build more!! aaahhhhhhhhh I going to swear!!!!!!!!!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Clementia wrote:
"This country really needs to do something about the fanatic muslims!!!"

It never will. The polticians are terrified of being accused of racism. Any criticism of islam will get jumped on by the media and they will be accused of islamophobia.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Games and drugs. Escapes from reality. Some get lost in the thought processes and virtual worlds that go with those.

Sigh...

Poor lost souls that can't get out of the rabbit hole they fell in.
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

I never touch Kool-Aid.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Games and drugs. Escapes from reality. Some get lost in the thought processes and virtual worlds that go with those.
Sigh...
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
Games and drugs. Escapes from reality.
Tried that as a student :)

These days have feet planted firmly in reality. No need for magical thinking or delusional beliefs.

I like coffee, tea and the occasional european beer, but nothing stronger than that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

As a physical thingy, human thought processes are built upon the frames of reference available to them in their learning years. That is why education dictates how a society goes. Up or down. The tree is inclined the way the twig is bent.

Of course, the individual is a product of formal education and experiences viewed from those frames of reference, which gives most a different perspective of the world and life. One totally immersed in the education process comes out with a manufacturing stamp on them. There are many of those on here.

Anyhow, we all fall down our own little rabbit holes.

Those with any intelligence will note I tend to get very analytical and detached in viewing life. A result of education and training in early adulthood. I spent almost a year in very intense training on complex electrical switching circuits. This requires you to really think from a detached view. You trace out cause and effect following a myriad of paths. You have to connect dots.

I remember a period back then learning that stuff when my head was keeping track of my thought processes. All of a sudden it would occur to me a thought I had was like the E relay getting an input causing it to operate and setting up other connections. I was starting to trace out the connections in my own head based upon the logic I was learning. Was a little disconcerting, but that period passed as it became a part of me.

This happens to all of us, just some have more technical references than emotional ones. Games and drugs and severe life changes can disrupt that logic developed and path followed. Some can then adapt and reset to a degree, while others go spinning around.

This is one reason drugs inhibit development in youth. Studies have shown emotional development is arrested at the age one gets involved heavily in drugs. Once can be 40, but their maturation got stuck at 15. I'm not saying this is the reason for so many Topix atheists, but it may be a contributing cause.:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Thinking wrote:
I never touch Kool-Aid.
<quoted text>
You may have been born with it in your system.

Drugs and alcohol did not exist in my family or growing up environment. I was 21 before I drank alcohol, and 26 before my first doobie. Read my previous post. I was matured before getting involved with them. They didn't blow me away. They were something I could study the effects of from the inside, so to speak, by that time.

BTW, I was atheist during that time and long after.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/23/business/americ...

Would work out nicely if the new jobs didn't go to immigrants, legal or illegal.

Which brings up the Dream Act. American college students have to compete with them for jobs. I think they are having a rough enough time now.

Nice words and sentiments from political parties about diversity and rights, etc, etc. Designed to get them votes at the expense of those they are supposed to represent. Called rabble rousing. One reason they are against voter ID.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Tried that as a student :)
These days have feet planted firmly in reality. No need for magical thinking or delusional beliefs.
I like coffee, tea and the occasional european beer, but nothing stronger than that.
The damage was done in your student years.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have an appendix. Sold that shit on the black market.
How much do they pay for shit?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The damage was done in your student years.
My brain is fine, thanks for your concern. Maybe moderate drinking has killed off a few brains cells, but can manage fine with the ones i have left.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

lifest123 wrote:
test
5X5.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
My brain is fine, thanks for your concern. Maybe moderate drinking has killed off a few brains cells, but can manage fine with the ones i have left.
Relativity in action.

:-)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Thinking wrote:
When Joanna Lumley was pushing the Nepalese cause, I said they could settle in the UK if they took out a fundamentalist UK muslim in return.
The scheme could be called Gurkhas for burkas.
<quoted text>
Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are!

It's wrong on so many levels, but still funny.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so ignorant?
Yes
Yes
The IRA IRA, the ones that go around killing people, juts because you wont accept that christians can kill people does not mean that christians donít kill people, it kits means that you are blind to facts
The funding that YOU have not denied that you make, the funding that was collected outside US churches, the funding that provided the IRA with itís finances, the US supplied funding that the IRA spent in Iran, Russia and Libya to purchase weapons and explosive
Will you please srop being deliberately ignorant?
Sure, I'll srop. But first I wanna know which IRA you're talking about.

The original IRA
The Irish Republican Army
The Official IRA
The Provisional IRA
The Continuity IRA
The Real IRA

???

'cuz what I can tell is that they're an IRISH army. Which has absolutely nothing to do with me....

Maybe it's you that's been funding them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

http://www.vice.com/video

Christmas celebrations.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
Sigh...
You have literally no clue at all about anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 134,661 - 134,680 of216,278
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

744 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min New Age Spiritual Leader 511,641
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 min Neelakaran 2,913
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Kapusta 679,234
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min Liam 37,986
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 12 min Harrison Freebird 52,445
Sex ed in middle school (Sep '13) 17 min merlinlover99 5
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 20 min RFD 375
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 51 min New Age Spiritual Leader 596,444
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 58 min wilderide 89,377
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 2 hr JACK 216
•••
•••
•••