Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247576 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#139924 Nov 22, 2012
http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/21/living/secret-o...

One born every minute, and distributed among various persuasions and agendas. How Topix atheists are made, along with those they rant against.

You get your best deals off season and through places like Amazon that broker various suppliers. You can also save on the gas.

eBay has turned into the biggest scam because people think they are getting a deal. It is ridiculous the prices I have seen paid on there for junk or things I could have got cheaper at a store.

Topix atheists think they are getting enlightenment.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#139925 Nov 22, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
Topix atheists think they are getting enlightenment.
Topix atheists and agnostics are already enlightened, at least in comparison to you fundies. Enlightenment is people waking up to the fact that intelligent people reject unproven beliefs in religion, and adopt the use of the scientific method, and reason.

Westcliffe, CO

#139926 Nov 22, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
C'est la vie, mon cher ami.
While I am on a roll this morning, my omniscient and oh so enlightened fellow creature that likes to pose and use fancy foreign languages for "that's life".

You made your own way and created your own destiny.

Uh huh.

Catcher is so smart and omniscient he made the forces of an impersonal universe, and billions of of bodies and minds competing bend to his will.

I have suspicions you are smarter than that, but then again.

Like everyone else you have been run down a maze. Some gates were left unlocked for you to push open if you made the effort. But you thought it was your own force. You have been enabled, and you thought it was you.

One gate can lead to green pastures through a desert. Another can lead to a desert or a slaughterhouse through green pastures. Be wary of being fed too well too early.

:-)

Happy Thanksgiving.

Westcliffe, CO

#139927 Nov 22, 2012
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix atheists and agnostics are already enlightened, at least in comparison to you fundies. Enlightenment is people waking up to the fact that intelligent people reject unproven beliefs in religion, and adopt the use of the scientific method, and reason.
You aren't intelligent enough to realize what a blithering idiot you are.

Even that statement you made there came out of something written for you to recite.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#139928 Nov 22, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
They are Christians? All of them? Which IRA are you talking about? What funding for NorAid are you talking about? Will you please stop babbling and try to make sense?
Why are you so ignorant?

Yes

Yes

The IRA IRA, the ones that go around killing people, juts because you wont accept that christians can kill people does not mean that christians don’t kill people, it kits means that you are blind to facts

The funding that YOU have not denied that you make, the funding that was collected outside US churches, the funding that provided the IRA with it’s finances, the US supplied funding that the IRA spent in Iran, Russia and Libya to purchase weapons and explosive

Will you please srop being deliberately ignorant?

#139929 Nov 22, 2012
Thinking wrote:
It's the one with the real Manchester fans, not some dicks living in Islamabad that just need to be on the winning side.
<quoted text>
I’ve tied to go throughout this with him before and come to the conclusion that although he is a great guy he’s a saffa and won’t understand British politics
Nikki

Haacht, Belgium

#139930 Nov 22, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
Jy was hier??! Wonderlik! Dit is inderdaad een mooi land. Ek bly in Durbanville, sowat een halfuur se reis met die motorkar. Jy ken miskien die name - Canal Walk, Tyger Valley, Grand West ensovoorts.
Ek is eintlik afkomstig van die Noorde, naby Pretoria. Was jy al daar? Wonderlike plek! Gebly op die dorpie Hartbeespoort.
Ek wil ook Belgie toe gaan! Wil al die chocalate kom opeet :)
Ek is darem nog jonk - net 26 jare, daar is nog baie tyd
In het noorden ben ik nog niet geweest. We zijn nogal in de kanten van Kaapstad en Bloemfonteyn gebleven en hebben ook de Kalahari gezien.

België is een fijn land, lekker eten en drinken en veel mooie steden die allemaal dicht bij elkaar liggen. Wij moeten niet zo ver reizen als jullie ;-) Wel koud hier, en veel regen...

Ik zal ooit nog wel eens terug gaan naar Zuid-Afrika, maar ik ben nu 24 en net afgestudeerd, dus ik moet eerst nog een paar jaar werken en sparen ...
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139932 Nov 22, 2012
Would you rather be raped or murdered?

I'm voting no to either of your choices.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you rather live under fundamentalist Islam? You are working for them in your irrational hatred.
You are a neurotic nut case. Easily manipulated. A Pavlov bow-wow.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#139933 Nov 22, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't intelligent enough to realize what a blithering idiot you are.
You know your "lord" calls you a sheep i.e a stupid easily led animal. That is quite insulting if you ask me. But maybe the one propecy that came true: "Feed my sheep". lmao.

Learn to think for yourself instead of blindly following the crowd.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139934 Nov 22, 2012
He's a good guy even if he is obsessed by Alex F.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I’ve tied to go throughout this with him before and come to the conclusion that although he is a great guy he’s a saffa and won’t understand British politics
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139935 Nov 22, 2012
Prove it.
Doctor REALITY wrote:
I wonder what's atheists' explaination for the REALITY that billions of lifeforms exist on earth,.......and yet there's....NOTHING....living on any of the other planets in this solar system?? Hmmmmmmm...
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139936 Nov 22, 2012
The people that stopped the church burning witches.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one allows you to live?
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139937 Nov 22, 2012
The IRA is less trendy in America since 9/11.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so ignorant?
Yes
Yes
The IRA IRA, the ones that go around killing people, juts because you wont accept that christians can kill people does not mean that christians don’t kill people, it kits means that you are blind to facts
The funding that YOU have not denied that you make, the funding that was collected outside US churches, the funding that provided the IRA with it’s finances, the US supplied funding that the IRA spent in Iran, Russia and Libya to purchase weapons and explosive
Will you please srop being deliberately ignorant?

#139938 Nov 22, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
I wonder what's atheists' explaination for the REALITY that billions of lifeforms exist on earth,.......and yet there's....NOTHING....living on any of the other planets in this solar system?? Hmmmmmmm...
How do you know that?

Can we see your evidence please?

Do you have evidence that life does not exist on Europa for example because if you have then I am sure the space agencies that are funding a proposed mission to Europa would be very keen to hear about your evidence

How about Mars, Id life exists there then it will close to the poles, as yet these areas have not been explored so the question of whether life exists there or not is open

#139939 Nov 22, 2012
Thinking wrote:
The IRA is less trendy in America since 9/11.
<quoted text>
Yup, Noraid funding has come to a virtual standstill, I am glad to say.

Do you think they would be so subdued if they were still getting regular donations from the US?

#139940 Nov 22, 2012
Thinking wrote:
He's a good guy even if he is obsessed by Alex F.
<quoted text>
Can’t be helped. The poor dear just does not understand.

Westcliffe, CO

#139941 Nov 22, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Oh, they are fixing to release another new and titillating possibility about Mars.

http://www.npr.org/2012/11/20/165513016/big-n...

Keep that money coming in.

They haven't even really scratched the surface on this planet yet.

BTW, SAM is EM signatures looking for EM signatures.:-)

Westcliffe, CO

#139942 Nov 22, 2012
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
You know your "lord" calls you a sheep i.e a stupid easily led animal. That is quite insulting if you ask me. But maybe the one propecy that came true: "Feed my sheep". lmao.
Learn to think for yourself instead of blindly following the crowd.
If you were an intelligent creature you would know I am a very long ways from being a fundamentalist. Religious or atheist.

That "if" was being gracious. I'm a nice guy.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#139943 Nov 22, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
How can these people have such a twisted view? It's really beyond me, how people can be so evil! Don't say it's because they believe in God, because I do, the whole of blumin India does, but never really are you going to find hindus, sikhs, buddhists, jains....telling you that if you not one of us you will go to hell! Why are the 'western' religions like that, though? Have you ever thought that this may be a problem of the west?
Hindus, Buddhists, and Jains are all pretty cool, never had much problem with them. Don't know any Sikhs though. If often say, if all the religious people were like Jainists or Amish, there'd be no problems in the world.:P
Thinking

Andover, UK

#139944 Nov 22, 2012
Maybe the IRA yes, but the other splinter groups that still want to maim and murder their way into the drug trade? Absolutely not.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, Noraid funding has come to a virtual standstill, I am glad to say.
Do you think they would be so subdued if they were still getting regular donations from the US?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Hidingfromyou 880,773
The Christian Atheist debate 16 min HipGnosis 4,068
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 min MUQ2 41,168
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min June VanDerMark 603,567
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 20 min Historictruth 513
White Women Feet Smell and Taste! (Jun '12) 27 min James LA 19
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 38 min dollarsbill 8,336
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 6 hr waaasssuuup 7,653
More from around the web