Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258515 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Thinking

Cirencester, UK

#139944 Nov 22, 2012
Maybe the IRA yes, but the other splinter groups that still want to maim and murder their way into the drug trade? Absolutely not.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, Noraid funding has come to a virtual standstill, I am glad to say.
Do you think they would be so subdued if they were still getting regular donations from the US?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#139945 Nov 22, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
I wonder what's atheists' explaination for the REALITY that billions of lifeforms exist on earth,.......and yet there's....NOTHING....living on any of the other planets in this solar system?? Hmmmmmmm...
The same explanation that alien solar systems seem to be as different from ours and each other as Earth is from the rest of the solar system. In fact there maybe billions of different types of solar systems and planets. Whether there is life in any other solar system , on any other planet or moon anywhere else or within this solar system is simply not known.

You suppose you know the answer , but really you do not.
Because we have barely scratched the surface in exploration of a great big universe.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#139946 Nov 22, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The same explanation that alien solar systems seem to be as different from ours and each other as Earth is from the rest of the solar system. In fact there maybe billions of different types of solar systems and planets. Whether there is life in any other solar system , on any other planet or moon anywhere else or within this solar system is simply not known.
Because we have barely scratched the surface in exploration of a great big universe.
+1 great answer

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#139947 Nov 22, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
But you know that no deity or higher intelligence than us could possibly be responsible for that universe. And preach such to the masses.

"Ooh, what a hypotwit"

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#139948 Nov 22, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So, you could damn someone to hell if they made a mistake and never repented for it?
I would prefer not to damn anyone to hell. It's not my place to send people to hell. People do a good enough job getting there without my help.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Vancouver, Canada

#139949 Nov 22, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
While I am on a roll this morning, my omniscient and oh so enlightened fellow creature that likes to pose and use fancy foreign languages for "that's life".
You made your own way and created your own destiny.
Uh huh.
Catcher is so smart and omniscient he made the forces of an impersonal universe, and billions of of bodies and minds competing bend to his will.
I have suspicions you are smarter than that, but then again.
Like everyone else you have been run down a maze. Some gates were left unlocked for you to push open if you made the effort. But you thought it was your own force. You have been enabled, and you thought it was you.
One gate can lead to green pastures through a desert. Another can lead to a desert or a slaughterhouse through green pastures. Be wary of being fed too well too early.
:-)
Happy Thanksgiving.
Smart, yes.

Omniscient, hardly.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Not for me, I am in Canada for a few days.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#139950 Nov 22, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
But you know that no deity or higher intelligence than us could possibly be responsible for that universe. And preach such to the masses.
"Ooh, what a hypotwit"
Actually, that's not what he says, even I don't say that. We just say that your deity, your god, is a bunch of mythology due to a lack of evidence.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#139951 Nov 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would prefer not to damn anyone to hell. It's not my place to send people to hell. People do a good enough job getting there without my help.
This is why your dishonesty is so vile. You do actually want to see your "enemies" tortured forever, that's why you push this belief onto people. It's more sadistic than that, because even you don't believe it, you just want to scare other people into agreeing with you simply so you can make them all be just like you.

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#139952 Nov 22, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why your dishonesty is so vile. You do actually want to see your "enemies" tortured forever, that's why you push this belief onto people. It's more sadistic than that, because even you don't believe it, you just want to scare other people into agreeing with you simply so you can make them all be just like you.
This is the day of thanksgiving at least here in the United States. A national holiday as we reflect and give thanks. If you have employment, education, family, friends, good health, you have much to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#139953 Nov 22, 2012
I am a prophet, I predict that millions of people will eat turkey for dinner tonight, and there will be a wave of lethargy sweeping across a giant nation.

I'm more accurate than the bible, my prediction is actually before it happens.

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#139954 Nov 22, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you have heart problems. I see a very fragile heart.
Thinking

Cirencester, UK

#139957 Nov 22, 2012
I've seen you try to pick on someone's perceived weakness before. You're a bastard.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#139958 Nov 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the day of thanksgiving at least here in the United States. A national holiday as we reflect and give thanks. If you have employment, education, family, friends, good health, you have much to be thankful for.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!
I am thankful, I'm thankful I had the strength and fortitude to make my life what it is. I'm thankful for the mistakes I made because I learned from them. I'm thankful your god isn't real as well.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#139960 Nov 22, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you are way off. Digestive problems actually, caused because I'm "too skinny" to have digestive ailments so they failed to diagnose one small problem until it because a big one. Try harder.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#139961 Nov 22, 2012
LIes Busters wrote:
<quoted text>I am a prophet too, I predict that millions of gay will die of AIDS and suicide, and there will be a wave of excuses across the gay community.
I'm more accurate than the science hypocrites, my prediction is actually happening.
So, you are blaming gay people for your being a vile person. Makes sense, people who are different than you shouldn't exist, should they?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#139962 Nov 22, 2012
LIes Busters wrote:
<quoted text>No, actually you are confused. Lack of evidence does not make God a mythology, it makes you confused. So, what you are saying that Black holes are a bunch of mythology based on lack on evidence.
How does there not being any evidence to support your myths make me the confused one? I'm not the one believing in something in spite of a lack of evidence, that's all you.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#139963 Nov 22, 2012
LIes Busters wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you hate yourself and your parents? You should be thankful that you have parents.
No, you are vile and hateful, you actually choose to be tortured forever, our belief as you say is a preventer of all being tortured. It's even more sadistic than that, because you actually believe in hell, but you would rather go there if you can get your parents to go to. You just want others to be stupid and hateful like you, and to hate their parents too.
I AM THANKFUL THAT I HAVE TWO LOVING PARENTS AND A LOVING FAMILY.
Aw, you're projecting again. It angers you that your parents lied when they told you that they loved you, it's alright, you're an adult now ... mostly.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#139965 Nov 22, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for Jesus, young Timmy.
I help to lure.
You are a perceptive person, though. I am impressed. Truly.
Be careful of the pack you run with. Once you get into motion with them it is hard to stop.
Observe nature.
Then.. for the holy magnetron? What becomes of the poor souls that you lure in the name of the magnet? Are we torn asunder by the wrath of EM?

Location hidden

#139966 Nov 22, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/21/ living/secret-of-black-friday/ index.html?hpt=hp_c1
One born every minute, and distributed among various persuasions and agendas. How Topix atheists are made, along with those they rant against.
You get your best deals off season and through places like Amazon that broker various suppliers. You can also save on the gas.
eBay has turned into the biggest scam because people think they are getting a deal. It is ridiculous the prices I have seen paid on there for junk or things I could have got cheaper at a store.
Topix atheists think they are getting enlightenment.
You're right man. Black Friday is a hotbed of atheism.

Location hidden

#139971 Nov 22, 2012
LIes Busters wrote:
<quoted text>It will not work, child. Even if it were true what you say, it is not, but it is you who hates your mom and your gay dad. I love my normal parents.
If you are who you are,then why not be proud of your hatred. I am proud that I love my parents and family.
You are still a child....mostly. What adult hates her own parents? None.
You're a cute little troll.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Dang Jersey Piney 447,420
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 699,416
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Dang Jersey Piney 995,065
Need good hookup adult dating sites 3 hr Luis 1
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 5 hr Johnny 123
How is it possible that God has always existed?? 5 hr Doctor REALITY 16
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 hr Quivering Lip Lib... 71,617