Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#139788 Nov 21, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
In most places of the world parents "own" their children.
The government, people, "own" you. They can very well decide your opportunities and fate.
That IMMORAL is a strong statement. Where do you get that? Sounds religious.
It's quite apparent that you don't know what Slavery or immorality mean. A parent being responsive for a child and dictating what the child can or cannot do is NOT SLAVERY.

The Government may TAX me, and may require that I defend the country, as I have, but doesn't prohibit me from doing what I please, not does it prohibit me from going were I chose, I'm not sure how you think the government has me as a SLAVE. You have a very strange concept of both slavery and immorality. Wow!!!!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#139789 Nov 21, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
In most places of the world parents do not own offspring but are liable and responsible to make decisions for them. It is not ownership bur custody and is a parental guardianship.
The Government does not own its members, it "governs" them.
You are screwed up in the head Dave.
Uh huh.

You are delusional, Auralie.

Location hidden

#139790 Nov 21, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>It's quite apparent that you don't know what Slavery or immorality mean. A parent being responsive for a child and dictating what the child can or cannot do is NOT SLAVERY.
The Government may TAX me, and may require that I defend the country, as I have, but doesn't prohibit me from doing what I please, not does it prohibit me from going were I chose, I'm not sure how you think the government has me as a SLAVE. You have a very strange concept of both slavery and immorality. Wow!!!!!
You are too passionate and too much of an ideologue to be mistaken for a rational and analytical person.

Parents sell their children into prostitution and slavery in many places of the world.

In Coral Gables, FL, you can not paint your bedroom of a million dollar house you own unless the color is approved by building and zoning.

Draftees were sent into battle, and died, for two police actions on foreign shores. They were not defending the nation.

Location hidden

#139791 Nov 21, 2012
http://www.viewzone.com/collateralx.html

I'm not sure just how accurate that is, but....

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#139792 Nov 21, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.viewzone.com/collat eralx.html

Coo Coo 4 Ko Ko puff Dave!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#139793 Nov 21, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.viewzone.com/collat eralx.html

You might like this.

Location hidden

#139794 Nov 21, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Coo Coo 4 Ko Ko puff Dave!
Go ahead and tell us how you have run your own life your own way, Commodity Aura Mytha.

Location hidden

#139795 Nov 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=WzytGJh9cBYXX
You might like this.
Appears to require a subscription.

A special privilege.:-)

Location hidden

#139796 Nov 21, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead and tell us how you have run your own life your own way, Commodity Aura Mytha.
The lizards run the world!

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#139797 Nov 21, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>One human being OWNING another human being is IMMORAL, period. The God of the bible endorses slavery, and that would be the end of that conversation.
Christians were on both sides of the slavery issue. Even churches were divided down the middle. A bloody and painful war was fought and soldiers on both sides died by the thousands. Slavery finally came to an end but the struggle continued for equality.

Hatred then went underground. And yes there were so called Christians that murdered, burned homes and churches. They were prejudice and felt they were better than blacks. A elitist attitude magnified itself as whites believed they were far more intelligent than blacks.

Let the facts be known that un-repented murderers will not enter into Gods Kingdom. Not everyone that says, Lord, Lord will enter into the Kingdom of God. Because one claims to be a Christian doesn’t mean they have a punched ticket to heaven.

There have been and always will be people who claim they are Christians and yet violate God’s word. You judge a tree by its fruit. If the fruit is rotten it’s no good. Like for example Hitler who seems to make it as a topic every week.

Which brings me to the point of categorizing an entire group of people because of a few lawless actions. The late Martin Luther King Jr. stated,“Judge not a man by the color of his skin but by the content of his character.”

Today, Atheist judge an entire religious group as evil because they believe in Christ. Not judging individuals by the content of their character but by their religious association with Christ. Saying,“if you believe in the Bible then you believe in a God that condoned slavery.”

Slavery was condoned by every continent in the world at the time. It was a legal practice. Gods people were even slaves at different times in world history and even as recent as WWII. Ironically Atheist skim over that fact.

In fact before the great American Civil War. Blacks associated their cause with that of the Jewish slaves in the Bible. Understanding slavery from the slaves point of view. They wanted to be set free and have equality. Like those slaves in Egypt. God heard their prayers and they were set free.

Location hidden

#139798 Nov 21, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Youtube?

Location hidden

#139799 Nov 21, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyways, I doubt you would like it. I hope not at least. It's a 7 hour long compilation of all things David Icke, AKA the most famous, successful paranoid schizophrenic ever.

Southern Illinois

#139800 Nov 21, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Any American that's on Topix tomorrow is a LOSER.
Just FYI...
That would depend if the Texans win their game or not.:)

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#139801 Nov 21, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

NOTMEMAN , I'm a wind up toy for women to abuse.
I never complain about it.

Location hidden

#139802 Nov 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What? Youtube?
Defaulted to their home page. Your pasting inserted a space in the URL between the ? and v. Probably a formatting issue with their software, auto adding a space after a period or ?.

I'm not into conspiracies. Not enough intelligent people to pull it off. But there are plenty enough dummies to make up for it. You just "educate" them.

Location hidden

#139803 Nov 21, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which brings me to the point of categorizing an entire group of people because of a few lawless actions. The late Martin Luther King Jr. stated,“Judge not a man by the color of his skin but by the content of his character.”
Today, Atheist judge an entire religious group as evil because they believe in Christ. Not judging individuals by the content of their character but by their religious association with Christ. Saying,“if you believe in the Bible then you believe in a God that condoned slavery.”
Eagle, I'm gonna admit it once and for all. The atheist(s) have a secret agenda, and we have been forging our plan in secret for many years now, tempering our blades for the fight to come. You know the fight I speak of. We all know what's coming - you and your evil christian brothers will be wiped from the earth and erased from history. Soon, the rivers will run red with the blood of your brethren, and winds will howl with the cries of your children, and the air will stink with the foul odor of the many, many gas chambers we have waiting for you. Prepare yourself eagle. The end is nigh.

Location hidden

#139804 Nov 21, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
NOTMEMAN , I'm a wind up toy for women to abuse.
I never complain about it.
At least you are consistent in your delusional state.

Southern Illinois

#139805 Nov 21, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Eagle, the above was horrible, and Japan continues to refuse to apologize for it. Rather, they provide "aid" to the nations as recompense. I believe the government has paid some of the "comfort" women of the Philippines. Based on my reading, I would guess a number nearer the higher end of the numbers you provided.
Equally bad, and ongoing, is the sex slave trade. Women are stolen from remote villages near the Thai/China border and exported to Japan. I was going to do research on them - met a few women who were stolen, raped repeatedly to be "broken" and now absolutely and utterly hate men - but the Yakuza told me that study was not in their best interests.
This is a worldwide issue, the above is one small slice of it, and the UN has declarations against it, but nations are mobilizing very slowly against the sex slave trade.
Do you like chocolate? Most chocolate is produced by slave children - stolen from villages in Africa. They're usually pre-teen when they're taken and escape some time in their teens or after they mature into men.
No nation has a squeaky clean past.

I didn’t know that chocolate was produced by children. That fact tells us right there we have all participated in supporting slavery unknowingly.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#139806 Nov 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
Eagle, I'm gonna admit it once and for all. The atheist(s) have a secret agenda, and we have been forging our plan in secret for many years now, tempering our blades for the fight to come. You know the fight I speak of. We all know what's coming - you and your evil christian brothers will be wiped from the earth and erased from history. Soon, the rivers will run red with the blood of your brethren, and winds will howl with the cries of your children, and the air will stink with the foul odor of the many, many gas chambers we have waiting for you. Prepare yourself eagle. The end is nigh.
Wait, I thought the plan that Overlord Obama put into action was only to herd them all into FEMA internment camps?

Southern Illinois

#139807 Nov 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Eagle, I'm gonna admit it once and for all. The atheist(s) have a secret agenda, and we have been forging our plan in secret for many years now, tempering our blades for the fight to come. You know the fight I speak of. We all know what's coming - you and your evil christian brothers will be wiped from the earth and erased from history. Soon, the rivers will run red with the blood of your brethren, and winds will howl with the cries of your children, and the air will stink with the foul odor of the many, many gas chambers we have waiting for you. Prepare yourself eagle. The end is nigh.
There does seem to be this movement to the political far left. However, I seriously doubt there will be a mass revolt against Christianity at least in this country. Anything is possible elsewhere.

I don’t know where you stand on gun control. I personally believe there needs to be better screening to prevent the lawless and mentally ill from buying guns and ammunition.

The UN is brokering a deal with the United States that may take away our individual freedoms to own and buy guns. At least that’s the rumor.

I have a personal conviction against high capacity assault weapons in the hands of citizens. I don’t want to impose that conviction on my fellow citizens. We should have the right to own guns for self defense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 4 min MUQ2 37,813
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min onemale 265,132
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Hukt on Fonix 775,144
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min USA Born 559,446
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min NEWS-FLASH 175,621
The Global Elites Are Moving Things Underground 37 min WasteWater 14
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr WasteWater 39,343
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Ugly Truth from d... 604,998
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 15 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web