Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256546 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#139807 Nov 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Eagle, I'm gonna admit it once and for all. The atheist(s) have a secret agenda, and we have been forging our plan in secret for many years now, tempering our blades for the fight to come. You know the fight I speak of. We all know what's coming - you and your evil christian brothers will be wiped from the earth and erased from history. Soon, the rivers will run red with the blood of your brethren, and winds will howl with the cries of your children, and the air will stink with the foul odor of the many, many gas chambers we have waiting for you. Prepare yourself eagle. The end is nigh.
There does seem to be this movement to the political far left. However, I seriously doubt there will be a mass revolt against Christianity at least in this country. Anything is possible elsewhere.

I don’t know where you stand on gun control. I personally believe there needs to be better screening to prevent the lawless and mentally ill from buying guns and ammunition.

The UN is brokering a deal with the United States that may take away our individual freedoms to own and buy guns. At least that’s the rumor.

I have a personal conviction against high capacity assault weapons in the hands of citizens. I don’t want to impose that conviction on my fellow citizens. We should have the right to own guns for self defense.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#139808 Nov 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Eagle, I'm gonna admit it once and for all. The atheist(s) have a secret agenda, and we have been forging our plan in secret for many years now, tempering our blades for the fight to come. You know the fight I speak of. We all know what's coming - you and your evil christian brothers will be wiped from the earth and erased from history. Soon, the rivers will run red with the blood of your brethren, and winds will howl with the cries of your children, and the air will stink with the foul odor of the many, many gas chambers we have waiting for you. Prepare yourself eagle. The end is nigh.
Oh, Timmy.

Those lights up in the sky? They have been watching you and your sort. Along with those you can't see, some of which even share the same space you do.

You haven't looked into the sky or inward enough, Timmy. Just straight ahead. You missed some details.

You ever go predator hunting? Usually you sit camouflaged and blow on a call that sounds like a squealing rabbit. Quite often you would be successful in calling a bobcat or coyote, or any other thing looking for a free meal. But they approach cautiously, as that is where they are focused on. That is why it sometimes doesn't work.

But there is another way that works every time if there is a predator in earshot. Takes teamwork. I was very good at calling in those varmints. I could blow that call that made them salivate and come running. But I wasn't the one doing the shooting. I was the bait. The shooters were up higher with a good view of approaches, and exact knowledge of where I was at. In their rush to get to the meal, the varmints didn't look to the side and up. I had a bobcat that had just eaten a clutch of rabbits pass 5 feet below one of my shooters once because it was so focused on me. It died.

Those eyes that share space with you? Get into contact with them before some day you will get this sudden empty feeling as they vacate the premises.

Topix is such a good gathering place. A wonder of EM technology that attracts other thingies made of EM. Kind of like a bar code scanner that the products walk up to by themselves.

The Creative Force, and its Creator, works in mysterious ways.

You would be a fool to believe you can exist and experience consciousness without something enabling it that is a lot smarter than you.

Since: Sep 10

Vancouver, Canada

#139809 Nov 21, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
In most places of the world parents "own" their children.
The government, people, "own" you. They can very well decide your opportunities and fate.
That IMMORAL is a strong statement. Where do you get that? Sounds religious.
That is so idiotic, equating owning slaves to parenting and being a member of society, that I won't dignify
It.

I'll give you a break and attribute your idiocy to a six pack of carton wine.

I mean, really.

Vancouver, Canada

#139810 Nov 21, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pharisees, AKA lawyers, of America "own" the people of America. They are chattel of the law.
You disagree?
Ok stop drinking. Like NOW.

Vancouver, Canada

#139811 Nov 21, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead and tell us how you have run your own life your own way, Commodity Aura Mytha.
I did it my way and probably so did Aura.

Loser.

Hi from Canada you moron.

Westcliffe, CO

#139812 Nov 21, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did it my way and probably so did Aura.
Loser.
Hi from Canada you moron.
Your amusing, Catcher. I get a chuckle reading you quite often.

Westcliffe, CO

#139813 Nov 21, 2012
Oops!!

You are amusing, Catcher. Not your.

There, I gave you something to play with.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#139814 Nov 21, 2012
The best way to eat a watermelon is from the inside.

You can quote me on that.
atheists dont have a clue

Kalamazoo, MI

#139815 Nov 21, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you need a tissue.
Do you have a problem with that mr. arrogant.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#139816 Nov 21, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too passionate and too much of an ideologue to be mistaken for a rational and analytical person.
Parents sell their children into prostitution and slavery in many places of the world.
In Coral Gables, FL, you can not paint your bedroom of a million dollar house you own unless the color is approved by building and zoning.
Draftees were sent into battle, and died, for two police actions on foreign shores. They were not defending the nation.
Is there any such thing as being "too passionate?" maybe if more people were passionate about their fellow humans we might have a little better world.

So by your standards a person who is passionate and has strong ideologies can't be rational? That might well be true for the religious fanatic, but not for someone who weighs all the facts and then comes to an intelligent and logical conclusion.

Maybe the parents who are selling their children into slavery think it's ok since the God of the bible endorsed it. Do you somehow feel that these parents selling their children into slavery square your Gods stance on slavery?

I my town I can't walk around with my dick hanging out, nor can I paint racial slurs on the storefront windows. In your eyes this makes me a slave? too funny!!!!

Unless you have served your country, your comments are those of a punk. As a citizen of this country you don't get to "choose" what wars you fight in. You go were your government sends you, it's part of your obligation as an American citizen. You always have the option of renouncing your citizenship and moving to another country, as many did during the Viet-Nam war. I lost many good friends in Viet-Nam, we went where our country sent us. Of course we questioned the conflict and why we were there. But in the end, it is not our choice were we fight, and until you have been in that situation, keep your lame ass mouth shut.

Westcliffe, CO

#139817 Nov 21, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Is there any such thing as being "too passionate?" maybe if more people were passionate about their fellow humans we might have a little better world.
So by your standards a person who is passionate and has strong ideologies can't be rational? That might well be true for the religious fanatic, but not for someone who weighs all the facts and then comes to an intelligent and logical conclusion.
Maybe the parents who are selling their children into slavery think it's ok since the God of the bible endorsed it. Do you somehow feel that these parents selling their children into slavery square your Gods stance on slavery?
I my town I can't walk around with my dick hanging out, nor can I paint racial slurs on the storefront windows. In your eyes this makes me a slave? too funny!!!!
Unless you have served your country, your comments are those of a punk. As a citizen of this country you don't get to "choose" what wars you fight in. You go were your government sends you, it's part of your obligation as an American citizen. You always have the option of renouncing your citizenship and moving to another country, as many did during the Viet-Nam war. I lost many good friends in Viet-Nam, we went where our country sent us. Of course we questioned the conflict and why we were there. But in the end, it is not our choice were we fight, and until you have been in that situation, keep your lame ass mouth shut.
US Army, 1969-1976.

When were you in?

"Is there any such thing as being "too passionate?" maybe if more people were passionate about their fellow humans we might have a little better world."

Evangelical Christianity is all about that.

"So by your standards a person who is passionate and has strong ideologies can't be rational? That might well be true for the religious fanatic, but not for someone who weighs all the facts and then comes to an intelligent and logical conclusion."

That ain't you, Bubba.

"Maybe the parents who are selling their children into slavery think it's ok since the God of the bible endorsed it. Do you somehow feel that these parents selling their children into slavery square your Gods stance on slavery?"

That is done primarily in nations like India and other non-Christian areas.

You are an irrational ideologue. Full of shit, too.

Those wars were fought for ideologies, not for defense of this nation.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#139818 Nov 21, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
There does seem to be this movement to the political far left. However, I seriously doubt there will be a mass revolt against Christianity at least in this country. Anything is possible elsewhere.
I don’t know where you stand on gun control. I personally believe there needs to be better screening to prevent the lawless and mentally ill from buying guns and ammunition.
The UN is brokering a deal with the United States that may take away our individual freedoms to own and buy guns. At least that’s the rumor.
I have a personal conviction against high capacity assault weapons in the hands of citizens. I don’t want to impose that conviction on my fellow citizens. We should have the right to own guns for self defense.
You are quite astute to have discovered our plot already - you are right indeed - the far left is our base of operations.

Your guns will be your downfall. Why do you think they're so easy to get here? We hand them out like candy, lulling you into a false sense of security, and then when we strike, we disable them through the chips we have placed in every one. You better hope you have a musket, because we've been doing this for a long time.

I tell you this because I like you eagle. Prepare. Only god can save you now.

Westcliffe, CO

#139819 Nov 21, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving, people.

Goodnight.

Location hidden

#139820 Nov 21, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Timmy.
Those lights up in the sky? They have been watching you and your sort. Along with those you can't see, some of which even share the same space you do.
You haven't looked into the sky or inward enough, Timmy. Just straight ahead. You missed some details.
You ever go predator hunting? Usually you sit camouflaged and blow on a call that sounds like a squealing rabbit. Quite often you would be successful in calling a bobcat or coyote, or any other thing looking for a free meal. But they approach cautiously, as that is where they are focused on. That is why it sometimes doesn't work.
But there is another way that works every time if there is a predator in earshot. Takes teamwork. I was very good at calling in those varmints. I could blow that call that made them salivate and come running. But I wasn't the one doing the shooting. I was the bait. The shooters were up higher with a good view of approaches, and exact knowledge of where I was at. In their rush to get to the meal, the varmints didn't look to the side and up. I had a bobcat that had just eaten a clutch of rabbits pass 5 feet below one of my shooters once because it was so focused on me. It died.
Those eyes that share space with you? Get into contact with them before some day you will get this sudden empty feeling as they vacate the premises.
Topix is such a good gathering place. A wonder of EM technology that attracts other thingies made of EM. Kind of like a bar code scanner that the products walk up to by themselves.
The Creative Force, and its Creator, works in mysterious ways.
You would be a fool to believe you can exist and experience consciousness without something enabling it that is a lot smarter than you.
Holy magnet Batman! How did my stupid post to eagle inspire this insipid nonsense?

So, in this analogy - I am the varmint, you are the bait, and... jesus is the shooter? Do you lure varmints to topix via the wonders of EM to make judgement day easier for jesus? Is that right?

Location hidden

#139821 Nov 21, 2012
Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, I thought the plan that Overlord Obama put into action was only to herd them all into FEMA internment camps?
No, brother, that is but a ruse.

Location hidden

#139822 Nov 21, 2012
And dave, don't think that you will spared in the coming days of judgement simply because you worship the holy magnet. Any believer is subject to our wrath, no matter if his beliefs are inspired by his culture or by his schizophrenia.
atheists dont have a clue

Kalamazoo, MI

#139823 Nov 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
And dave, don't think that you will spared in the coming days of judgement simply because you worship the holy magnet. Any believer is subject to our wrath, no matter if his beliefs are inspired by his culture or by his schizophrenia.
you mean subject to the wrath of arrogant retards that are actually inferior to believers.

Location hidden

#139824 Nov 21, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait.. I didn't really read your post at first because I was too busy warning you of the coming christacolypse, so I just noticed this.

Really? You frickin' loon. You don't want to inconvenience your fellow citizens with your conviction against high capacity assault rifles? How kind of you eagle. The *only* purpose for a high capacity assault rifle is mayhem. They are not practical for self defense. What are you gonna do, spray covering fire at an intruder? The only reason you would need a very large clip is to kill a lot of people at once.

Location hidden

#139825 Nov 21, 2012
atheists dont have a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean subject to the wrath of arrogant retards that are actually inferior to believers.
So you accept your fate, then? Smart, this one. He bows before the almighty atheist war machine. Perhaps we will keep you as a pet.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#139826 Nov 21, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Aura Mytha 63,512
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Just Think 653,750
herbal incense and legal buds for sale (Aug '11) 20 min lee 8
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 27 min Lbj 106,475
US Marines Mostly Gay (Oct '11) 28 min Semper anal USMC 69 28
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 31 min Student 45,231
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 37 min trifecta1 973,687
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 281,845
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 hr Steve III 618,728
More from around the web