Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
134,281 - 134,300 of 224,740 Comments Last updated 50 min ago

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the eastern religions were alot better, but they've been corrupted too much. The eastern religions put a lot of stress on empathy, but they to have their problems.
What I find really shocking is that the eastern religions are mainly the oldest religions on this planet, but they have soo much love and understanding, but the western religions are modern and they're still living in the caveman times or something.
Western religions are more individual oriented, I believe.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Those are the ones who don't truly follow what teir God commands them.

I must say wiping your @ss with pages of the Quran is great and by far better than using bible pages. Bible pages are more crinkly and brittle whereas Quran pages tend to be printed on stronger yet softer paper, much more pleasing to the skin.

So web you travel keep a Quran with you, Muslims will smile at you and maybe be less likely to blow you up and when you use the restrooms you have a handy, portable, personal source of toilet paper. Much more hygienic than using some community roll!

Praise be to the prophet for making a book that can best be used to nicely to wipe one's @ss.

Christians, you hear that? Best get using better paper in your book of myths so it can catch up!
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, but how is it that some christians/muslims are still nice? They believe in their books, but they're not evil!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Are you American? It's a saying that means "neat".
I'm Englian! I'm an Indian girl from England.

Oh, I got the main gist of it, darling!:)

Who's TOT, you mean LOT?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
In the larger scheme of things, slavery made the difference between living and dying. Forced adaptation to a new culture as a classless person versus death. When you had enemies you could take some as slaves, where they often interbred with their masters, or genocide was performed. Slaves often rose to some positions of power in those societies.
It was the profit motive and commercialization of slave labor in the secular and material world that you seem to be so upset about. The end of that commercialization was brought about primarily because of religious beliefs. Those weren't atheists pushing for its abolition.
[tipping hat]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Western religions are more individual oriented, I believe.
I don't get it!

I was talking about what the religious books say, not how individuals interpret them.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
I must say wiping your @ss with pages of the Quran is great and by far better than using bible pages. Bible pages are more crinkly and brittle whereas Quran pages tend to be printed on stronger yet softer paper, much more pleasing to the skin.
So web you travel keep a Quran with you, Muslims will smile at you and maybe be less likely to blow you up and when you use the restrooms you have a handy, portable, personal source of toilet paper. Much more hygienic than using some community roll!
Praise be to the prophet for making a book that can best be used to nicely to wipe one's @ss.
Christians, you hear that? Best get using better paper in your book of myths so it can catch up!
<quoted text>
If there was ever a zit screaming to get popped, you are it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear me, I not going to laugh, I'm not! I'm being serious, I'm not!!! Oh dear, I'm going to cry!

Why do white individuals especially the women, convert into Islam? Are they honestly being serious when they say, "Islam gives women freedom"??? Have they even read the koran or maybe they read a different koran to me?
Nikki

Haacht, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post.
From Belgium, are you?
Hoe gaan dit met jou? Jy praat Flaams, korrek?
Inderdaad! En met mij gaat alles goed. Met jou?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Blessed art the ones with sht stained left hands.
<quoted text>
Who's Art?
Nikki

Haacht, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
In the larger scheme of things, slavery made the difference between living and dying. Forced adaptation to a new culture as a classless person versus death. When you had enemies you could take some as slaves, where they often interbred with their masters, or genocide was performed. Slaves often rose to some positions of power in those societies.
So what I'm getting from this is that slavery is bad, but still ok because at least it's not as bad as murder...

Why couldn't your god just forbid both in the bible, I doesn't seem like it would be that hard...

Being forced into slavery and getting killed should never be the only two options an innocent man has.
It was the profit motive and commercialization of slave labor in the secular and material world that you seem to be so upset about.
No it's the principal of deeming a man so inferior to yourself, either for economic reasons or because he comes from a different country, worships a different god or has a different skin colour, that you believe that you can treat him as your property.

The book of rules made up by a moral, compassionate god should try to put a stop to something like that.
The end of that commercialization was brought about primarily because of religious beliefs. Those weren't atheists pushing for its abolition.
Religious people in the North opposed slavery, religious people in the south thought it was a blessing from god.

Both believed their position to be supported by the bible.

( http://www.libraryindex.com/history/pages/cmx... )

It proves only this: good people do good things, bad (or uneducated) people do bad things. The bible can be used to justify both sides, that means it's not a very clear guideline on morality.

“Live Good, & Feel Good.”

Since: Aug 09

Atl.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>21Nov12.....
.....Do NOT listen to dis schidt-for-brains 'bossDroppings', Clementia. You have more common sense den this eeejit has.
Ps:'bossDroppings' is fulla schidt to da eyeballs.
..and den sum tooooooooooo.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
<grin>, thanks for the warm thoughts.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Thinking wrote:
Why do you call al-qaeda muslims?
Because they are.
<quoted text>
Ah. Genius.

“Live Good, & Feel Good.”

Since: Aug 09

Atl.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I think generally most people who call themselves sikhs are very nice. It's very hard to deny historical evidence that the guru's who wrote the GGS were very nice people. It's because of this fact, that it's very hard for sikhs to take the 'evil' parts of the GGS and justify their evil actions, like we can see many muslims doing with the koran.
I don't have a problem with Gandhi, but I do with his views. I think people have made him nicer than he actually was.
I also believe God is Omniscient, Omnipresent and Omnipotent, not because the bible says it, but because my faith says it too. However, we don't have the fear of hell and pleasure of heaven. Hell is a place were there is no God, but God is everywhere, so where is hell????
"Wherever you keep me, I am in heaven" - GGS
How do you make the connection if God is not present in hell, you question the existence of hell?

God is not present on the sun, but you see the sun everyday don't you?

Omnipresent means just that. So although God is not on the sun, the sun is in the presence of God. And just because God's Spirit will not be in hell, hell will be in God's presence.

Again, goes back to my question to you yesterday. If you believe God is Omnipotent, then how can you believe some of the bible and not all of it?

You say God is Omnipotent. That means God is powerful enough to inspire His creation mankind to record EXACTLY in the bible what God wants us to know. And to intervene into the affairs of mankind to make sure ONLY the authentic books are included in the bible.

That is Omnipotence. To say you embrace some of the bible, and not all, you're conceding you do not believe God is omnipotent....and you could an atheist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Thinking wrote:
If only you knew of an all powerful god that could prevent childhood leukaemia. Or maybe you think they need to fall on their arses too.
<quoted text>
How much R&D has been done trying to fight leukemia? What would be lost if God just *poofed* it all away?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Thinking wrote:
There are plenty of christards on Topix that quote Leviticus to justify their gay issues.
<quoted text>
I know. I've seen. They're wrong.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Hey you are a deist remember? Hehehehehe snicker snicker lmfao!

So take the holy book bathroom tissue challenge for yourself! I stand by my findings that the Quran wipes much better than the leading bible brand!
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was ever a zit screaming to get popped, you are it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Croco_Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_vi...
And so far as I know the Klan doesn't refer to itself as an atheist organization.
So some crazies are anti-abortion. That didn't answer my question...

The KKK may call themselves Christian, but they are not. No Christian would kill like they do, no Christian would burn a cross...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
How does one "Breath" without lungs? Are you saying we shouldn't take the words in the bible literally?
If you did then you'd HAVE to believe that water has a face (see Gen 1:2)....

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Go ahead and laugh :)

And then do the Quran/Bible bathroom tissue challenge! I stand by my statement that the Quran pages are more absorbent and stronger than the pages of the leading bible brand :)
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear me, I not going to laugh, I'm not! I'm being serious, I'm not!!! Oh dear, I'm going to cry!
Why do white individuals especially the women, convert into Islam? Are they honestly being serious when they say, "Islam gives women freedom"??? Have they even read the koran or maybe they read a different koran to me?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Then why is it in the bible? The book that supposedly contains the WORD OF GOD. It's there girl, if you're confused or not sure, look it up and read it for yourself. Don't take my word for it or REDNUTS word. read it and make you own determination.
Just because it's in the Bible doesn't mean it's Christian law...

If that were the case, then why don't I have a Garden of Eden? Am I supposed to build an Ark, too? Will I part The Red Sea?

NO.

Leviticus is an ACCOUNT, a record, of Levite history. It's a reminder to us all to NOT repeat some of the mistakes they made.

Get a grip, dude.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

345 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min River Tam 722,580
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min ocxz 115,849
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min UidiotRaceMakeWorldPEace 172,601
**** jesus loves you **** (Aug '07) 19 min Truths 48,600
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 21 min Truths 599,155
reason topix is GOING OUT OF STYLE 29 min Why because u 12
Same -sex marriages are of OF THE DEVIL 59 min passing by 16
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Commander Bunny 257,179
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Liam 533,887