Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
134,261 - 134,280 of 225,719 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Thinking

Andover, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Abramovich fired Di Matteo because of Chelsea's recent results.
He couldn't accept it is over five days since Chelsea was involved in a race row.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clementia, give Double Fine 10 demerits.
For unsportsmanlike conduct.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
The bible and Quran are savage books of ancient sheep fckers. They wiped ther @ss with their bare hands for Pete's sake.
Their dark God has no place in society today.
<quoted text>
Lol, but how is it that some christians/muslims are still nice? They believe in their books, but they're not evil!

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I love stallions!:)
Yes we have met! you have bad memory!!
@ Catcher....NO! u guys don't get them, unless u really upset me, but only bad christians do!!
Double Fine forgts women easily, sorry.

Do you know of Double Fine's many aliases?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Lame attempt at an insult again, if you can't troll correctly, then don't troll.
So, in other words, you're a sexual pervert. I don't waste my time on that either, the brain is more important, I prefer to use that.
Being sensual is perversion. OK.

http://www.viewzone.com/amygdala/

Is that what you stroke? Bet you need a vibrator to do it. And KY jelly to get through the ear to it.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
How can these people have such a twisted view? It's really beyond me, how people can be so evil! Don't say it's because they believe in God, because I do, the whole of blumin India does, but never really are you going to find hindus, sikhs, buddhists, jains....telling you that if you not one of us you will go to hell! Why are the 'western' religions like that, though? Have you ever thought that this may be a problem of the west?
because they believe in a god that is vindictive, jealous and just outright mean.

imagine "creating" billions of people to rot in hell, just because of where and when you "created" them, they were never exposed to christianity and were doomed

or a god that killed the first male child of an entire kingdom, because of what their ruler did, nothing that the people could do anything about. a just god would have went after the pharaoh....

just read the old testament and see how their god allowed his chosen people to commit genocide, rape and murder

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Lies Buster wrote:
<quoted text>You are zero percent right, not even close. An empathetic atheist goes to hell, sad, but the heartless believer goes to heaven. That is like saying it is better to be an empathetic AIDS patient, than a heartless healthy person. One is empathetically dead, while the one is heartlessly alive.
In either case, who decides. You decide what is empathy and what is heartless and you could be wrong, but God decides who goes to heaven or hell, and he is never wrong.
How can you be healthy if you have no heart? That did not make sense!

Anyway, I'm showing you the BLUE card! take time out and think!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Double Fine forgts women easily, sorry.
Do you know of Double Fine's many aliases?
You are forgiven!:)

Why, are you gay or have tooooooo many women in your life?

No, I don't!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Thinking wrote:
Abramovich fired Di Matteo because of Chelsea's recent results.
He couldn't accept it is over five days since Chelsea was involved in a race row.
<quoted text>
*Shakes head*

9 managers in 9 years.

Abrahamovic must accept that dips in form is natural and to be expected. Ferguson can go on a 3 or 4 match losing streak, and will not feel even slight pressure. The fans and board have complete and utter confidence in his abilities - we know there will be trophies coming.

Abrahomovic must learn that not everything can be bought

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me know when you make up my mind...ok?:)
make up "MY" mind? huh?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
How can these people have such a twisted view?
A lot of them dont really believe in hell any more. Not as a place as punishment. The fundies do though. They are mentally sick people.

Yes, the religions of the east are better. Its the abrahamic ones which we have a problem with.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
*Shakes head*
9 managers in 9 years.
Chelsea fans must despair at this decision. They have had lots of good managers. Perhaps its just their players arent good enough.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't have time to list and denounce ever individual, government, and civilization that, kept slaves over the last 4000 years. And what reason have I given that says I let everyone "Off the hook" for keeping slaves. So I should have written a 20 page dissertation denouncing slavery and listing all slave owners over the last 2000 years?
Theists believe that we get whatever morals we have from God. Slavery is immoral, so here we have an agent for morality endorsing that which is highly immoral. A little....I'll be polite......inconsistent wouldn't you say? Does this endorsing of immorality make this being worthy of worship? It would appear as many sure do feel that way.
In the larger scheme of things, slavery made the difference between living and dying. Forced adaptation to a new culture as a classless person versus death. When you had enemies you could take some as slaves, where they often interbred with their masters, or genocide was performed. Slaves often rose to some positions of power in those societies.

It was the profit motive and commercialization of slave labor in the secular and material world that you seem to be so upset about. The end of that commercialization was brought about primarily because of religious beliefs. Those weren't atheists pushing for its abolition.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
because they believe in a god that is vindictive, jealous and just outright mean.
imagine "creating" billions of people to rot in hell, just because of where and when you "created" them, they were never exposed to christianity and were doomed
or a god that killed the first male child of an entire kingdom, because of what their ruler did, nothing that the people could do anything about. a just god would have went after the pharaoh....
just read the old testament and see how their god allowed his chosen people to commit genocide, rape and murder
Lol, I've thought about all that. I always say, so the african tribe people are all going to hell and most christians say, YES! LOL.

But the type of person we are, that's how we see the rest of the world. They are evil themselves so they see God as evil and the whole world as evil too, if ya get me?

I know the moses story, I thought the same thing. God had all the power to do the plague thing, but not free his people with 1 click??? llllllol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
You are forgiven!:)
Merci
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, are you gay or have tooooooo many women in your life?
The latter, my dear
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't!
Then allow me to give my standard introduction:

I am the King of Bling,
The Sultan of Swing
The Master of Disaster,
The guy that can always go faster.
The Ding of Dong,
The King of Kong.
The Sing of Song,
The Ping of Pong.
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n Rolla,
All the sh*t and Shinola
The Daddy of Sex,
The Tyrannosaurus of Rex.
Every females ultimate dream,
And the one that can make them scream.
The immovable object AND the unstoppable force,
The one, the only, the Eternal Dark Horse

The Shaman of Sexy

The Guru of Greatness

The Ace of Spades

The King of Hearts

Fine.

Refined.

Double Fine.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Chelsea fans must despair at this decision. They have had lots of good managers. Perhaps its just their players arent good enough.
They had great managers - Mourinho, Ancelotti, Avram Grant, Louis Phelipe Scholari are all great coaches. Great players too - From Schevchenko, to Ballack, to Drogba, to Queresma, to Carvalhio to Hazard. BUT no continuity. Look at Ferguson at United. They churn out trophies by the bucketload, because there is confidence in the system. As a proud United fan, I am prfectly happy to take four straight losses, because in a season or two I know Fergie will win a treble in a season or two

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of them dont really believe in hell any more. Not as a place as punishment. The fundies do though. They are mentally sick people.
Yes, the religions of the east are better. Its the abrahamic ones which we have a problem with.
I think the eastern religions were alot better, but they've been corrupted too much. The eastern religions put a lot of stress on empathy, but they to have their problems.

What I find really shocking is that the eastern religions are mainly the oldest religions on this planet, but they have soo much love and understanding, but the western religions are modern and they're still living in the caveman times or something.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Hey, to all you English blokes... You got us this Saturday! Think you can handle the Boks?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Coming from you the guy who thinks deists threaten people to believe in Jesus or go to hell and oh ya that nice Cassandra Peterson was just a sweet mid western gal who unlike others didn't have to pose naked to get where she got to!

Go back to your alphabet magnets before your wife wants to hang something on the refrigerator again.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people spend their lives traveling to one delusion from another.
Enjoy your trips.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Merci
<quoted text>
The latter, my dear
<quoted text>
I am the King of Bling,
The Sultan of Swing
The Master of Disaster,
The Ding of Dong,
The King of Kong.
The Sing of Song,
The Ping of Pong.
All the sh*t and Shinola
The Daddy of Sex,
The Shaman of Sexy
The Guru of Greatness
The Ace of Spades
The King of Hearts
Fine.
Refined.
Double Fine.
You forgot the vastly entertaining, DF.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Merci
<quoted text>
The latter, my dear
<quoted text>
I am the King of Bling,
The Sultan of Swing
The Master of Disaster,
The Ding of Dong,
The King of Kong.
The Sing of Song,
The Ping of Pong.
All the sh*t and Shinola
The Daddy of Sex,
The Shaman of Sexy
The Guru of Greatness
The Ace of Spades
The King of Hearts
Fine.
Refined.
Double Fine.
lol, You've been more people then I have!!

I can just remember being;

Queen of hearts
Jatti
catwomEn
Sherni
‹bermensch
jalandhar jalebi

That's all I can remember atm this was all like 4 years ago!

You've never been king kong have u? I use to know him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Susie D 730,806
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 23 min Yehuda 117,880
What's the sluttiest thing you've ever did? 29 min Babyyyy 2
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 45 min Johnny 2,221
F 38 M 39 Ask us anything!! 46 min Commander Bunny 9
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr MUQ1 259,386
Love Dressing Up 1 hr GR4H4M 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 537,310
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr monu chauhan 104

Search the Top Stories Forum: