Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
134,161 - 134,180 of 224,180 Comments Last updated 34 min ago

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Letís do talk about slavery. It seems to me that man is far more evil that God. When slavery comes up here on topix. This is never mentioned. As Atheist paint God as evil they donít bother to talk about slavery in the last 100 years.

Wiki:

Comfort women are girls and women who were forced into sexual slavery by the Japanese military during World War II.

Estimates vary as to how many women were involved, with numbers ranging from as low as 20,000 from some Japanese scholarsto as high as 410,000 from some Chinese scholars,but the exact numbers are still being researched and debated. A majority of the women were from Korea, China, Japan and the Philippines, although women from Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Taiwan, Indonesia and other Japanese-occupied territories were used for military "comfort stations". Stations were located in Japan, China, the Philippines, Indonesia, then Malaya, Thailand, then Burma, then New Guinea, Hong Kong, Macau, and what was then French Indochina.

Young women from countries under Japanese Imperial control were abducted from their homes. In many cases, women were also lured with promises of work in factories or restaurants. Once recruited, the women were incarcerated in "comfort stations" in foreign lands. Other women were rounded up at gunpoint, some being raped before being herded into "comfort stations".A Dutch government study described how the Japanese military itself recruited women by force in the Dutch East Indies. Some "comfort stations" were run by private agents supervised by the Japanese Army or run directly by the Japanese Army.

Some Japanese, such as historian Ikuhiko Hata, deny that there was organized forced recruitment of comfort women by the Japanese government or military. Other Japanese historians, using the testimony of ex-comfort women and surviving Japanese soldiers have argued that the Imperial Japanese Army and Navy were either directly or indirectly involved in coercing, deceiving, luring, and sometimes kidnapping young women throughout Japan's occupied territories.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

More about modern slavery. More facts that seem to slip through the hands of Atheist.

Wiki:

The use of forced labour in Nazi Germany and throughout German-occupied Europe during World War II took place on an unprecedented scale. It was a vital part of the German economic exploitation of conquered territories. It also contributed to the mass extermination of populations in German-occupied Europe. The Nazi Germans abducted approximately 12 million people from almost twenty European countries; about two thirds of whom came from Eastern Europe. Many workers died as a result of their living conditions, mistreatment, malnutrition, or became civilian casualties of war. At its peak the forced labourers comprised 20% of the German work force. Countings deaths and turnover, about 15 million men and women were forced labourers at one point or another during the war.

The liberation of Germany in 1945 freed 11 million foreigners, called "displaced persons"óchiefly forced labourers and POWs. In addition to POWs, the Germans had seized 2.8 million Soviet workers to labour in factories in Germany. Returning them home was a high priority for the Allies. However, in the case of Russians and Ukrainians, returning often meant suspicion, prison, or death. The United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration (UNRRA), Red Cross, and military operations provided food, clothing, shelter, and assistance in returning home. In all, 5.2 million foreign workers and POWs were repatriated to the Soviet Union, 1.6 million to Poland, 1.5 million to France, and 900,000 to Italy, along with 300,000 to 400,000 each to Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, the Netherlands, Hungary, and Belgium.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery- wiki
Slavery predates written records and has existed in many cultures. The number of slaves today remains as high as 12 million to 27 million. Most are debt slaves, largely in South Asia, who are under debt bondage incurred by lenders, sometimes even for generations. Human trafficking is primarily used for forcing women and children into sex industries.
----------
Every continent in the world has had or participated in slavery going back before record keeping. You try to make it seem it originated with Gods people in the bible. The Jewish people themselves were slaves. A point you refuse to make because they donít believe it. Saying thereís no evidence.
I guess not, you canít see evidence if your wearing blinders. How convenient you choose to bring up the scripture that the Jews owned slaves. Painting God as if he is some kind of monster. Slavery was common place for much of world history.
Jewish slaves had a statue of limitations. Meaning a short duration of only 7 years. Thatís probably the most lenient standard among all world slave holders. Other places it was slaves for life and never any freedom.
Even in the animal kingdom there are animals that enslave other species. Now donít confuse me with taking the side of slavery. Iím just saying in world history it was a way of life and still is in some places.
You Atheist donít bring up the fact that slavery is on going today. Nor do you wish to devote any effort in trying to eliminate it worldwide. This includes child slavery. A lot products that make it to the shelves of your hometown were made by slaves.
How astute of you to ignore this fact and paint the Jews and the Judeo Christian God as cruel and heartless. Just google "child slavery today," and see what comes up.
And you seemed to miss the point here. Yes, I fully recognize that slavery has been part of our species history, and it's still immoral for one human bin g to OWN another. The bible is the word of God, in this bible your God CONDONES slavery. he gives instructions as to how to BUY slaves, how they are to be treated, how they are to be MARKED as your property, and the conditions under which they may be freed. You are right however, Jewish slaves has a service limitation of seven years, after which they could go free, that is unless the Master held his loved ones hostage. If a slaves married and had children while being a slave, he could go free, but the wife and children stayed as property of the slave owner. He could elect to remain with his family and at that point was MARKED as the slave owners property for life, by having his head held against a door and an awl driven through he ear.

You invoke to infamous argument for God condoning slavery, that being that the slave had a limitation on how long he could be held as a slave. BUT.....if the slave was a non-jew, a foreigner , he could be held for life, and worse, his children could be part of the slave owners inheritance to his children thereby condemning generations to slavery.

The very short conversation goes something like this; It makes no difference that slavery was common place world-wide and still is now, it is immoral for one human being to own another, and your God see's nothing wrong with this immorality, and neither does your prince of peace Jesus.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
Letís do talk about slavery. It seems to me that man is far more evil that God. When slavery comes up here on topix. This is never mentioned. As Atheist paint God as evil they donít bother to talk about slavery in the last 100 years.
Wiki:
Comfort women are girls and women who were forced into sexual slavery by the Japanese military during World War II.
Estimates vary as to how many women were involved, with numbers ranging from as low as 20,000 from some Japanese scholarsto as high as 410,000 from some Chinese scholars,but the exact numbers are still being researched and debated. A majority of the women were from Korea, China, Japan and the Philippines, although women from Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Taiwan, Indonesia and other Japanese-occupied territories were used for military "comfort stations". Stations were located in Japan, China, the Philippines, Indonesia, then Malaya, Thailand, then Burma, then New Guinea, Hong Kong, Macau, and what was then French Indochina.
Young women from countries under Japanese Imperial control were abducted from their homes. In many cases, women were also lured with promises of work in factories or restaurants. Once recruited, the women were incarcerated in "comfort stations" in foreign lands. Other women were rounded up at gunpoint, some being raped before being herded into "comfort stations".A Dutch government study described how the Japanese military itself recruited women by force in the Dutch East Indies. Some "comfort stations" were run by private agents supervised by the Japanese Army or run directly by the Japanese Army.
Some Japanese, such as historian Ikuhiko Hata, deny that there was organized forced recruitment of comfort women by the Japanese government or military. Other Japanese historians, using the testimony of ex-comfort women and surviving Japanese soldiers have argued that the Imperial Japanese Army and Navy were either directly or indirectly involved in coercing, deceiving, luring, and sometimes kidnapping young women throughout Japan's occupied territories.
I thought your position was that a god created man. Are you saying this is Eve's fault in a round about way? Either way, if a god created man, then how is it man's fault?
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you will my good Doctor but you will fail to mention slavery of today. Instead you focus on the Judeo Christian God that set up a statue of limitations on a slave.
If slavery was really a issue with you and your fellow Atheist. You would say something and do something about modern slavery. But you donít, itís too much of a bother. It much more down your ally to talk about what happened 4000 years ago versus today.
You always like to skip over the part that Jews were slaves. Not just once but many times in history including in WWII. Another fact that seems to slip past you in your annotations. At least Doctor since you like to paint God as evil, at least be more objective and tell the whole story.
And exactly what is it that you do in your everyday life to combat slavery as it exists today?

You keep trying to divert the conversation away from your immoral God, why is that? I think you know what I saw is true, and are so embarrassed by the fact that your Gods endorses one human owning another, that you try and steer the conversation away from my main point. In Seaman's terms it's called tacking.

My original conversation was not about the history of slavery, or that the Japanese and Germans had slaves, it was about one single issue, your god of the bible giving instructions o how one human could keep another as a slave. From your posts it appears as though your God is not alone in the slavery business.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>And you seemed to miss the point here. Yes, I fully recognize that slavery has been part of our species history, and it's still immoral for one human bin g to OWN another. The bible is the word of God, in this bible your God CONDONES slavery. he gives instructions as to how to BUY slaves, how they are to be treated, how they are to be MARKED as your property, and the conditions under which they may be freed. You are right however, Jewish slaves has a service limitation of seven years, after which they could go free, that is unless the Master held his loved ones hostage. If a slaves married and had children while being a slave, he could go free, but the wife and children stayed as property of the slave owner. He could elect to remain with his family and at that point was MARKED as the slave owners property for life, by having his head held against a door and an awl driven through he ear.
You invoke to infamous argument for God condoning slavery, that being that the slave had a limitation on how long he could be held as a slave. BUT.....if the slave was a non-jew, a foreigner , he could be held for life, and worse, his children could be part of the slave owners inheritance to his children thereby condemning generations to slavery.
The very short conversation goes something like this; It makes no difference that slavery was common place world-wide and still is now, it is immoral for one human being to own another, and your God see's nothing wrong with this immorality, and neither does your prince of peace Jesus.
My good Doctor I didnít miss the point. You failed to bring up the fact that slavery was common place during the time in every culture in the world. When I say common place Iím talking about it being a legal practice. But how nice of you to just zero in on just the Judeo Christian God. While every other culture practiced it.

Your purpose was to slander and demean the Word of God without being fully objective on the subject matter. Times change, people change, laws change. There is no denying it was a regulated practice in the Bible. The Bible doesnít hold back the ugly.

It has told about the sinful ways of people and nations. Even the Biblical Leaders such as King David. It has told about the wickedness he did. Murder, adultery, conspiracy, killing a Army Officer. The Bible didnít hide those facts. It just told it like it is.

I think Doctor your bias is too overwhelming and you miserably fail at being objective. One sided, Always you are one sided. This is why Iím responding so the world can see the other side of the truth. The other side you donít want to tell.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
More about modern slavery. More facts that seem to slip through the hands of Atheist.
Wiki:
The use of forced labour in Nazi Germany and throughout German-occupied Europe during World War II took place on an unprecedented scale. It was a vital part of the German economic exploitation of conquered territories. It also contributed to the mass extermination of populations in German-occupied Europe. The Nazi Germans abducted approximately 12 million people from almost twenty European countries; about two thirds of whom came from Eastern Europe. Many workers died as a result of their living conditions, mistreatment, malnutrition, or became civilian casualties of war. At its peak the forced labourers comprised 20% of the German work force. Countings deaths and turnover, about 15 million men and women were forced labourers at one point or another during the war.
The liberation of Germany in 1945 freed 11 million foreigners, called "displaced persons"óchiefly forced labourers and POWs. In addition to POWs, the Germans had seized 2.8 million Soviet workers to labour in factories in Germany. Returning them home was a high priority for the Allies. However, in the case of Russians and Ukrainians, returning often meant suspicion, prison, or death. The United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration (UNRRA), Red Cross, and military operations provided food, clothing, shelter, and assistance in returning home. In all, 5.2 million foreign workers and POWs were repatriated to the Soviet Union, 1.6 million to Poland, 1.5 million to France, and 900,000 to Italy, along with 300,000 to 400,000 each to Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, the Netherlands, Hungary, and Belgium.
Again, the creator is responsible for the product. Are you familiar with ED 209?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought your position was that a god created man. Are you saying this is Eve's fault in a round about way? Either way, if a god created man, then how is it man's fault?
Hi.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Eagle 12

"It appears to me that man is far MORE EVIL than God?" This is what you write, so you admit that your God IS evil, but that man is MORE evil, interesting!!!

It would appear that as a Theist who believes in an all loving, caring, and compassion God, that you expect a lot more from him that mere mortal men.

Either your God endorses one human owning another, or he doesn't. The conversation is not about men endorsing slavery, its about God.

You do know that during the slave trade period in this country, most slave owners were Christians. And when people ask, whats the harm of religion, they can be pointed to the fact that slave owners thought they had a God given right to own slaves as it was endorsed by the God of the bible. There is you harm!!!!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, the creator is responsible for the product. Are you familiar with ED 209?
River, I wish you a safe and productive journey.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text> And exactly what is it that you do in your everyday life to combat slavery as it exists today?
You keep trying to divert the conversation away from your immoral God, why is that? I think you know what I saw is true, and are so embarrassed by the fact that your Gods endorses one human owning another, that you try and steer the conversation away from my main point. In Seaman's terms it's called tacking.
My original conversation was not about the history of slavery, or that the Japanese and Germans had slaves, it was about one single issue, your god of the bible giving instructions o how one human could keep another as a slave. From your posts it appears as though your God is not alone in the slavery business.
What Iím doing Sir is telling the world it was in the bible, and a common place in that time in world history. You only care about demeaning the Bible without telling the whole truth. It was a legal practice around the globe during that span in history.

You are comparing the moral standard of the modern free world with the moral standard of the entire world 4000 years ago. You let Egypt off the hook and every empire that employed slaves during that period. Very one sided I might say.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever done something good?

Is God responsible that you did good?

Is God responsible if you do something wrong like cheat your employer?

In this day and time it seems that each or us are accountable for what we do that is good and bad.

If you are charged with larceny for example and you are standing before the judge. He may listen to you blaming Adam and Eve. But in the end he is going to hold you responsible.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Time for me to turn and burn,

I love everyone of you.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi.
High Tide.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
Time for me to turn and burn,
I love everyone of you.
You should have separated everyone.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
River, I wish you a safe and productive journey.
Thank you Catcher :)
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

The usual idiot anti-choice apologist man (yes man) that trolled up to defend this manslaughter makes you realise how nasty some religitards are.
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that an Indian woman in Ireland has died because she wasn't allowed to have an abortion? So sad, I think she would have been better of in India!
@ some stupid catholic people...use your brains! Is your God happy now??? The mother and child are both dead now, you morons!!
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

And when he awakes I will ask it "Where the hell were you when all those kids were dying."
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
But there is that God, he's sleeping at the moment but one day he will awaken, scientists will hopeful find a cure and maybe even a prevention!!!!!! Only the God inside us can help us, nobody is going to come from the sky!!
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Yes, I'm calling BS on that too.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're in charge here, Clementine?
You may not even be you!!
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

This is some dumb christard propaganda.

Hitler was catholic. Nazi Germany was majority protestant.

Own up to your evil.
Eagle12 wrote:
Wiki:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

455 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 min shyam 4,748
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Rosa_Winkel 720,532
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min MUQ1 256,499
dogs 13 min mrsmitchell 1
Shock Poll: 40% Still not Sure Obama is America... 24 min Homostats 27
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 40 min MUQ1 36,515
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 41 min The Awakener 172,400
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Uzi 115,086
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr hojo 532,775