Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,686)

Showing posts 133,701 - 133,720 of222,984
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, space expanded faster than light for a while.
<quoted text>
Eight minute, twenty seconds.
<quoted text>
LMAO
What force expanded the space?

Just how did it do it?
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Oh no, someone wants the Ether back...
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your CMB is base resistance to the flow of energy, not leftovers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
These magnets are so powerful that I am unable to slide them sideways. I have even tried smashing the stack against the edge of a table. I should have kept them separate.
I kid you not.
Try twisting and sliding, slowly.

Check for superglue. You may have a prankster around.

If you have a spare disk you may try holding next to a joint and flipping polarity. You use one next to the joint of two to counter the force between the two. Will be a trick if they are that powerful.

You can't block a magnetic flux, but you can shunt it to weaken the effect on a particular location. You suck off its strength. You can do that.

You can also drill a hole the diameter of them in a block of wood, then make a lever anchored next to the hole to shear them off as you insert the stack at the joint, one by one. Say a piece of 8x8x1/1/2 with a foot or so of 1x2x12 anchored with a nail next to the hole. That will work.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which does not explain the extraordinary uniformity of the CMB across the sky. The fluctuations are on the order of one part in 100,000.
The base resistance of space. If space didn't have a resistance, it couldn't have been expanded.

On the other hand, you have a minimal amount of that heat involved just in observing nothing. The observer has to be powered.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What force expanded the space?
Just how did it do it?
Incorrect assumption: forces are required to *change* speeds, not to produce them.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a human failing. They still do it today. Even in science.
I would guarantee your logic would not be as firm as you think it is now a few hundred, or much less, years from now. Why they say, "Well, it seemed logical at the time. Shoulda worked.".
Logic is an applied thingy based upon what you know at the time. An artificial structuring.
Wave away a logical paradox by calling logic a "thingy." Brilliant.

You're talking about logic in a subjective sense. As in someone buying up a stock, losing their money, and then saying "well, it seemed logical at the time." That's not logic.

Explain to me how a being could be omniscient and not omniscient at the same time. Is it like a wave function?

Does it create all possible universes to satisfy all the possibilities?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You explain where the heat went.
Better yet, where it came from.
Jesus! Duh! Jesus everything!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"From one second to three minutes after the Big Bang
At one second, the Universe grows to about a thousand times the size of our Solar System today and the temperature drops to 1 MeV, equivalent to 10 000 million degrees. Neutrons and protons combine to form the first nuclei: first deuterium, then helium and other elements. This is called 'primordial nucleosynthesis' and it lasts several minutes.
Three minutes after the Big Bang the temperature is a thousand million degrees. It is still too hot, however, for the atomic nuclei to capture electrons and form real elements."
http://www.esa.int/esaSC/SEMC6TS1VED_index_0....
Looks like it outran the light.
What, it takes 8 minutes for sunlight to hit us now?
That theory has a lot of fanciful mathematical thinking in it more than the nature of things. Have the Big Bang as a spark struck, which means an infusion of energy into a something, like an overload of current in a conductor, and you may be getting closer to the truth.
Your CMB is base resistance to the flow of energy, not leftovers.
Tell us the truth dave! Why do you tease us? Overthrow the evil scientists who propagate the lie that is modern physics.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Try twisting and sliding, slowly.
Check for superglue. You may have a prankster around.
If you have a spare disk you may try holding next to a joint and flipping polarity. You use one next to the joint of two to counter the force between the two. Will be a trick if they are that powerful.
You can't block a magnetic flux, but you can shunt it to weaken the effect on a particular location. You suck off its strength. You can do that.
You can also drill a hole the diameter of them in a block of wood, then make a lever anchored next to the hole to shear them off as you insert the stack at the joint, one by one. Say a piece of 8x8x1/1/2 with a foot or so of 1x2x12 anchored with a nail next to the hole. That will work.
Well, they are from a science experiment some time ago and I no longer have a purpose for them. I think the answer is to chuck the magnet tower. Recyclable?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us the truth dave! Why do you tease us? Overthrow the evil scientists who propagate the lie that is modern physics.
I'm under a non-interference contract.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, they are from a science experiment some time ago and I no longer have a purpose for them. I think the answer is to chuck the magnet tower. Recyclable?
Ceramic?

You can always drag it across the yard on a string to pick up nails. Use it to filter metal particles out of your water. Make a compass for the yard. Attach a refrigerator to it for holding notes. Hang it by the front door so check for guns.

If you do it right, you can make gods arise from the ground.

Just shear them apart with a lever. You don't need to drill the hole. Make a trapeze out of it and hang from it. 40 foot off the ground. Bet they come apart then.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no evidence to show that the entire Universe *wasn't* created Last Thursday (with all of us created with fake memories), but I would hope that you would consider such a belief to be irrational.
That's why beliefs need to have a rational justification. The burden of proof is on the person who has the belief, not on the person who points out that the belief isn't supported by any objective evidence.
Why do u hate the idea of there being a God?

@Tam... u r not gay!!! u just messin with my head!!!

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ceramic?
You can always drag it across the yard on a string to pick up nails. Use it to filter metal particles out of your water. Make a compass for the yard. Attach a refrigerator to it for holding notes. Hang it by the front door so check for guns.
If you do it right, you can make gods arise from the ground.
Just shear them apart with a lever. You don't need to drill the hole. Make a trapeze out of it and hang from it. 40 foot off the ground. Bet they come apart then.
A few years ago I made attempts to separate them, and all I achieved were bruised fingers and great frustration. It's a stack, about 4" long, each magnet is maybe 1/4 inch. Metal.

Recyclable? Or will it mess up the environmental em?

Should I bury the stack?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem.
But I *was* being serious when I called your religious belief irrational.
it's ok.

how is it irrational? i don't get it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Hey sweetie, I forgot to tell you. If you want a cold place for a honeymoon, then try Switzerland or the Bavarian regions of Germany. If you want colder, then try Alaska, I was born there and it comes highly recommended.
u read my mind! i was thinking of those places too, but not alaska, that's too wild and 'naturey' for me! Is alaska really a romantic place tho?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I guess I am not the only one!
u still don't believe me? i thought we got pass this? flaming hell, I'm a girl!

How can u say, the books prove that God doesn't exists?

u still haven't told me what religious books you've read?? I can't think of a hard question to ask u about sikhi, coz all the answers can be found on the internet, but i'll keep trying to think of one!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A few years ago I made attempts to separate them, and all I achieved were bruised fingers and great frustration. It's a stack, about 4" long, each magnet is maybe 1/4 inch. Metal.
Recyclable? Or will it mess up the environmental em?
Should I bury the stack?
Those are inordinately strong magnets. Check for superglue.

Use a propane torch or throw them on the stove until they get red hot, actually orange hot, and they should lose their strength, Maybe well before.

Don't leave them where kids can eat them. Chunk them in the garbage if you don't want them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

EM induction I have been posting about. Heavy magnet hitting aluminum plate. Watch.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?f eature=player_embedded&v=i ABmUEH5s0k
EM induction I have been posting about. Heavy magnet hitting aluminum plate. Watch.
Cool. So?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Cool. So?
You have iron in your blood.

You are doing very well at just being an obnoxious asshole today.

I have no photograph I will show you. You will have to summon up some extra, for you, electrical energy in your brain.

Pass a magnet back and forth across your head. Fast as possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 133,701 - 133,720 of222,984
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

360 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min It aint necessarily so 715,727
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min pusherman_ 529,589
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 22 min ocxz 114,504
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 255,490
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Jennifer 93,107
Why was the cities of sodom and gomorrah burnt ... 1 hr andet1987 5
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ1 36,374
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 13 hr Carly 107
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••