Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#139098 Nov 19, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You explain where the heat went.
Better yet, where it came from.
Jesus! Duh! Jesus everything!

Location hidden

#139099 Nov 19, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"From one second to three minutes after the Big Bang
At one second, the Universe grows to about a thousand times the size of our Solar System today and the temperature drops to 1 MeV, equivalent to 10 000 million degrees. Neutrons and protons combine to form the first nuclei: first deuterium, then helium and other elements. This is called 'primordial nucleosynthesis' and it lasts several minutes.
Three minutes after the Big Bang the temperature is a thousand million degrees. It is still too hot, however, for the atomic nuclei to capture electrons and form real elements."
http://www.esa.int/esaSC/SEMC6TS1VED_index_0....
Looks like it outran the light.
What, it takes 8 minutes for sunlight to hit us now?
That theory has a lot of fanciful mathematical thinking in it more than the nature of things. Have the Big Bang as a spark struck, which means an infusion of energy into a something, like an overload of current in a conductor, and you may be getting closer to the truth.
Your CMB is base resistance to the flow of energy, not leftovers.
Tell us the truth dave! Why do you tease us? Overthrow the evil scientists who propagate the lie that is modern physics.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#139100 Nov 19, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Try twisting and sliding, slowly.
Check for superglue. You may have a prankster around.
If you have a spare disk you may try holding next to a joint and flipping polarity. You use one next to the joint of two to counter the force between the two. Will be a trick if they are that powerful.
You can't block a magnetic flux, but you can shunt it to weaken the effect on a particular location. You suck off its strength. You can do that.
You can also drill a hole the diameter of them in a block of wood, then make a lever anchored next to the hole to shear them off as you insert the stack at the joint, one by one. Say a piece of 8x8x1/1/2 with a foot or so of 1x2x12 anchored with a nail next to the hole. That will work.
Well, they are from a science experiment some time ago and I no longer have a purpose for them. I think the answer is to chuck the magnet tower. Recyclable?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#139101 Nov 19, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us the truth dave! Why do you tease us? Overthrow the evil scientists who propagate the lie that is modern physics.
I'm under a non-interference contract.

Location hidden

#139102 Nov 19, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, they are from a science experiment some time ago and I no longer have a purpose for them. I think the answer is to chuck the magnet tower. Recyclable?
Ceramic?

You can always drag it across the yard on a string to pick up nails. Use it to filter metal particles out of your water. Make a compass for the yard. Attach a refrigerator to it for holding notes. Hang it by the front door so check for guns.

If you do it right, you can make gods arise from the ground.

Just shear them apart with a lever. You don't need to drill the hole. Make a trapeze out of it and hang from it. 40 foot off the ground. Bet they come apart then.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#139103 Nov 19, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no evidence to show that the entire Universe *wasn't* created Last Thursday (with all of us created with fake memories), but I would hope that you would consider such a belief to be irrational.
That's why beliefs need to have a rational justification. The burden of proof is on the person who has the belief, not on the person who points out that the belief isn't supported by any objective evidence.
Why do u hate the idea of there being a God?

@Tam... u r not gay!!! u just messin with my head!!!

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#139104 Nov 19, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ceramic?
You can always drag it across the yard on a string to pick up nails. Use it to filter metal particles out of your water. Make a compass for the yard. Attach a refrigerator to it for holding notes. Hang it by the front door so check for guns.
If you do it right, you can make gods arise from the ground.
Just shear them apart with a lever. You don't need to drill the hole. Make a trapeze out of it and hang from it. 40 foot off the ground. Bet they come apart then.
A few years ago I made attempts to separate them, and all I achieved were bruised fingers and great frustration. It's a stack, about 4" long, each magnet is maybe 1/4 inch. Metal.

Recyclable? Or will it mess up the environmental em?

Should I bury the stack?

Location hidden

#139105 Nov 19, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem.
But I *was* being serious when I called your religious belief irrational.
it's ok.

how is it irrational? i don't get it.

Location hidden

#139106 Nov 19, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Hey sweetie, I forgot to tell you. If you want a cold place for a honeymoon, then try Switzerland or the Bavarian regions of Germany. If you want colder, then try Alaska, I was born there and it comes highly recommended.
u read my mind! i was thinking of those places too, but not alaska, that's too wild and 'naturey' for me! Is alaska really a romantic place tho?

Location hidden

#139107 Nov 19, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I guess I am not the only one!
u still don't believe me? i thought we got pass this? flaming hell, I'm a girl!

How can u say, the books prove that God doesn't exists?

u still haven't told me what religious books you've read?? I can't think of a hard question to ask u about sikhi, coz all the answers can be found on the internet, but i'll keep trying to think of one!

Location hidden

#139108 Nov 19, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A few years ago I made attempts to separate them, and all I achieved were bruised fingers and great frustration. It's a stack, about 4" long, each magnet is maybe 1/4 inch. Metal.
Recyclable? Or will it mess up the environmental em?
Should I bury the stack?
Those are inordinately strong magnets. Check for superglue.

Use a propane torch or throw them on the stove until they get red hot, actually orange hot, and they should lose their strength, Maybe well before.

Don't leave them where kids can eat them. Chunk them in the garbage if you don't want them.

Location hidden

#139109 Nov 19, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

EM induction I have been posting about. Heavy magnet hitting aluminum plate. Watch.

Location hidden

#139110 Nov 19, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?f eature=player_embedded&v=i ABmUEH5s0k
EM induction I have been posting about. Heavy magnet hitting aluminum plate. Watch.
Cool. So?

Location hidden

#139112 Nov 19, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Cool. So?
You have iron in your blood.

You are doing very well at just being an obnoxious asshole today.

I have no photograph I will show you. You will have to summon up some extra, for you, electrical energy in your brain.

Pass a magnet back and forth across your head. Fast as possible.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#139113 Nov 19, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk.
Magic is for the abiogenetic crowd.
Biology is the study of how things are assembled, not the ultimate causation for the assembly process. That would fall under what is now called physics, which so far states we all emanated from a seed that sprouted. Something those that have their heads buried in the Scriptures of Scientism fail to see, as they don't know how to look up on their own and see things the way they were designed to see.
BTW, most of those that wrote those Scriptures of Science were deist or theist.
Gee, you just can't believe nobody, can you?
So then you are asserting your god used natural methods.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#139114 Nov 19, 2012
Were you by chance passing an alphabet kitchen magnet back and forth across your head when you decided deists believe in Jesus, a burning hell, Adam and Eve and other Christian fundamentalist notions?

If so let your wife have them back and for Pete's sake stay away from sharp objects before you lose another finger!
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no photograph I will show you. You will have to summon up some extra, for you, electrical energy in your brain.

Location hidden

#139115 Nov 19, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then you are asserting your god used natural methods.
Would make sense. Using existing technology it employed, perhaps with some modifications, would likely be easier than making new ones.

Unless you prefer the poofing abilities of modern physics. Like, wow, going from coin sized to solar system size in a millionth of a second.

Location hidden

#139116 Nov 19, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not being obnoxious. I'm just joking around. If you really think my light prodding is going too far, take a look at some of your drunken sermons on the "topix atheists."

Anyways, let me get this straight. A powerful magnet can overcome the power of gravity on the small scale... not surprising at all actually... I have iron in my blood..... therefore.... jesus?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#139117 Nov 19, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YhRps_GjbFgXX
That isn't pagan. Transcended borders.
Father Christmas: The Kinks
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#139118 Nov 19, 2012
There's no evidence to show that the entire Universe *wasn't* created Last Thursday (with all of us created with fake memories), but I would hope that you would consider such a belief to be irrational.
That's why beliefs need to have a rational justification. The burden of proof is on the person who has the belief, not on the person who points out that the belief isn't supported by any objective evidence.
Clementia wrote:
Why do u hate the idea of there being a God?
Who says that I "hate" it? I just point out that there is no rational reason to have a belief in a god.

You might as well be claiming that I "hate" the idea of there being an Easter Bunny or a Tooth Fairy, just because I point out that they are fictional constructions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 6 min Ugly Truth from d... 33,167
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Bongo 775,416
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min USA Born 559,527
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min RADEKT 265,157
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min Lyndi 175,657
Nispetiye ETILER Electrolüx Servisi 342 OO 24 A... 16 min electrofersen 1
The World Will End On May 21, 2011 (Aug '08) 16 min Ugly Truth from d... 16,453
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min lil whispers 605,031
More from around the web