Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247493 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#139094 Nov 19, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
These magnets are so powerful that I am unable to slide them sideways. I have even tried smashing the stack against the edge of a table. I should have kept them separate.
I kid you not.
Try twisting and sliding, slowly.

Check for superglue. You may have a prankster around.

If you have a spare disk you may try holding next to a joint and flipping polarity. You use one next to the joint of two to counter the force between the two. Will be a trick if they are that powerful.

You can't block a magnetic flux, but you can shunt it to weaken the effect on a particular location. You suck off its strength. You can do that.

You can also drill a hole the diameter of them in a block of wood, then make a lever anchored next to the hole to shear them off as you insert the stack at the joint, one by one. Say a piece of 8x8x1/1/2 with a foot or so of 1x2x12 anchored with a nail next to the hole. That will work.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#139095 Nov 19, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which does not explain the extraordinary uniformity of the CMB across the sky. The fluctuations are on the order of one part in 100,000.
The base resistance of space. If space didn't have a resistance, it couldn't have been expanded.

On the other hand, you have a minimal amount of that heat involved just in observing nothing. The observer has to be powered.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#139096 Nov 19, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What force expanded the space?
Just how did it do it?
Incorrect assumption: forces are required to *change* speeds, not to produce them.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#139097 Nov 19, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a human failing. They still do it today. Even in science.
I would guarantee your logic would not be as firm as you think it is now a few hundred, or much less, years from now. Why they say, "Well, it seemed logical at the time. Shoulda worked.".
Logic is an applied thingy based upon what you know at the time. An artificial structuring.
Wave away a logical paradox by calling logic a "thingy." Brilliant.

You're talking about logic in a subjective sense. As in someone buying up a stock, losing their money, and then saying "well, it seemed logical at the time." That's not logic.

Explain to me how a being could be omniscient and not omniscient at the same time. Is it like a wave function?

Does it create all possible universes to satisfy all the possibilities?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#139098 Nov 19, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You explain where the heat went.
Better yet, where it came from.
Jesus! Duh! Jesus everything!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#139099 Nov 19, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"From one second to three minutes after the Big Bang
At one second, the Universe grows to about a thousand times the size of our Solar System today and the temperature drops to 1 MeV, equivalent to 10 000 million degrees. Neutrons and protons combine to form the first nuclei: first deuterium, then helium and other elements. This is called 'primordial nucleosynthesis' and it lasts several minutes.
Three minutes after the Big Bang the temperature is a thousand million degrees. It is still too hot, however, for the atomic nuclei to capture electrons and form real elements."
http://www.esa.int/esaSC/SEMC6TS1VED_index_0....
Looks like it outran the light.
What, it takes 8 minutes for sunlight to hit us now?
That theory has a lot of fanciful mathematical thinking in it more than the nature of things. Have the Big Bang as a spark struck, which means an infusion of energy into a something, like an overload of current in a conductor, and you may be getting closer to the truth.
Your CMB is base resistance to the flow of energy, not leftovers.
Tell us the truth dave! Why do you tease us? Overthrow the evil scientists who propagate the lie that is modern physics.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#139100 Nov 19, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Try twisting and sliding, slowly.
Check for superglue. You may have a prankster around.
If you have a spare disk you may try holding next to a joint and flipping polarity. You use one next to the joint of two to counter the force between the two. Will be a trick if they are that powerful.
You can't block a magnetic flux, but you can shunt it to weaken the effect on a particular location. You suck off its strength. You can do that.
You can also drill a hole the diameter of them in a block of wood, then make a lever anchored next to the hole to shear them off as you insert the stack at the joint, one by one. Say a piece of 8x8x1/1/2 with a foot or so of 1x2x12 anchored with a nail next to the hole. That will work.
Well, they are from a science experiment some time ago and I no longer have a purpose for them. I think the answer is to chuck the magnet tower. Recyclable?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#139101 Nov 19, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us the truth dave! Why do you tease us? Overthrow the evil scientists who propagate the lie that is modern physics.
I'm under a non-interference contract.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#139102 Nov 19, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, they are from a science experiment some time ago and I no longer have a purpose for them. I think the answer is to chuck the magnet tower. Recyclable?
Ceramic?

You can always drag it across the yard on a string to pick up nails. Use it to filter metal particles out of your water. Make a compass for the yard. Attach a refrigerator to it for holding notes. Hang it by the front door so check for guns.

If you do it right, you can make gods arise from the ground.

Just shear them apart with a lever. You don't need to drill the hole. Make a trapeze out of it and hang from it. 40 foot off the ground. Bet they come apart then.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#139103 Nov 19, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no evidence to show that the entire Universe *wasn't* created Last Thursday (with all of us created with fake memories), but I would hope that you would consider such a belief to be irrational.
That's why beliefs need to have a rational justification. The burden of proof is on the person who has the belief, not on the person who points out that the belief isn't supported by any objective evidence.
Why do u hate the idea of there being a God?

@Tam... u r not gay!!! u just messin with my head!!!

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#139104 Nov 19, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ceramic?
You can always drag it across the yard on a string to pick up nails. Use it to filter metal particles out of your water. Make a compass for the yard. Attach a refrigerator to it for holding notes. Hang it by the front door so check for guns.
If you do it right, you can make gods arise from the ground.
Just shear them apart with a lever. You don't need to drill the hole. Make a trapeze out of it and hang from it. 40 foot off the ground. Bet they come apart then.
A few years ago I made attempts to separate them, and all I achieved were bruised fingers and great frustration. It's a stack, about 4" long, each magnet is maybe 1/4 inch. Metal.

Recyclable? Or will it mess up the environmental em?

Should I bury the stack?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#139105 Nov 19, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem.
But I *was* being serious when I called your religious belief irrational.
it's ok.

how is it irrational? i don't get it.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#139106 Nov 19, 2012
Xyzhoturutsmail wrote:
<quoted text>Hey sweetie, I forgot to tell you. If you want a cold place for a honeymoon, then try Switzerland or the Bavarian regions of Germany. If you want colder, then try Alaska, I was born there and it comes highly recommended.
u read my mind! i was thinking of those places too, but not alaska, that's too wild and 'naturey' for me! Is alaska really a romantic place tho?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#139107 Nov 19, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I guess I am not the only one!
u still don't believe me? i thought we got pass this? flaming hell, I'm a girl!

How can u say, the books prove that God doesn't exists?

u still haven't told me what religious books you've read?? I can't think of a hard question to ask u about sikhi, coz all the answers can be found on the internet, but i'll keep trying to think of one!

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#139108 Nov 19, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A few years ago I made attempts to separate them, and all I achieved were bruised fingers and great frustration. It's a stack, about 4" long, each magnet is maybe 1/4 inch. Metal.
Recyclable? Or will it mess up the environmental em?
Should I bury the stack?
Those are inordinately strong magnets. Check for superglue.

Use a propane torch or throw them on the stove until they get red hot, actually orange hot, and they should lose their strength, Maybe well before.

Don't leave them where kids can eat them. Chunk them in the garbage if you don't want them.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#139109 Nov 19, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

EM induction I have been posting about. Heavy magnet hitting aluminum plate. Watch.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#139110 Nov 19, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?f eature=player_embedded&v=i ABmUEH5s0k
EM induction I have been posting about. Heavy magnet hitting aluminum plate. Watch.
Cool. So?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#139112 Nov 19, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Cool. So?
You have iron in your blood.

You are doing very well at just being an obnoxious asshole today.

I have no photograph I will show you. You will have to summon up some extra, for you, electrical energy in your brain.

Pass a magnet back and forth across your head. Fast as possible.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#139113 Nov 19, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk.
Magic is for the abiogenetic crowd.
Biology is the study of how things are assembled, not the ultimate causation for the assembly process. That would fall under what is now called physics, which so far states we all emanated from a seed that sprouted. Something those that have their heads buried in the Scriptures of Scientism fail to see, as they don't know how to look up on their own and see things the way they were designed to see.
BTW, most of those that wrote those Scriptures of Science were deist or theist.
Gee, you just can't believe nobody, can you?
So then you are asserting your god used natural methods.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#139114 Nov 19, 2012
Were you by chance passing an alphabet kitchen magnet back and forth across your head when you decided deists believe in Jesus, a burning hell, Adam and Eve and other Christian fundamentalist notions?

If so let your wife have them back and for Pete's sake stay away from sharp objects before you lose another finger!
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You have iron in your blood.
You are doing very well at just being an obnoxious asshole today.
I have no photograph I will show you. You will have to summon up some extra, for you, electrical energy in your brain.
Pass a magnet back and forth across your head. Fast as possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Hidingfromyou 880,182
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 6 min Anitha 1,870
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 29 min Halle Berry Sister 2,862
Difference between white masons and black masons (Apr '08) 43 min Illustrious 347
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 46 min marge 603,438
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Neelakaran 7,646
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr dollarsbill 8,287
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr too lazy to log in 3,982
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr gentlepplpleaser 177,894
More from around the web