Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#137303 Nov 13, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This post too reflects your racial animus--your bigotry.
Dis post reflect your poor ass Senor. He tire of carrying you Muchacho.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#137304 Nov 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*hands night a glass of win*
lol
I will say even though nightserf is one of the better writers here he doesn't harp on people for misspellings , which in a forum like topix is trivial anyway. I suppose that was funny to you though , and yes I did notice it , because of the rarity of him making such trivial mistakes.

On second thought if win can be bottled , uncork a case!

Southern Illinois

#137305 Nov 13, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This post too reflects your racial animus--your bigotry.
CCC

Cash, Credit, or Chickens.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#137306 Nov 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*hands night a glass of win*
lol
That's what I call a win-win situation. Salut!!!

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#137307 Nov 13, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I will say even though nightserf is one of the better writers here he doesn't harp on people for misspellings , which in a forum like topix is trivial anyway. I suppose that was funny to you though , and yes I did notice it , because of the rarity of him making such trivial mistakes.
Not such a rarity, really. I make a lot of typos, and I don't catch or correct them all. I'd say about half of my posts contain at least one mistake. The most common is not capitalizing the first word of a sentence. I also tend to stick "e"s in where they don't belong. And I reverse letters or hit two when I meant to hit one, and sometimes I just don't hit a key hard enough, so there are letters that are missing altogether. Occasionally, I decide to change the way I've phrased something but forget to delete an extraneous word.

I do manage to spot most of these errors--right after hitting the "Post Comment" button.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#137308 Nov 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, DNA was non-existent in their minds but it wasn't non-existent. It was invisible to their eyes but it was never invisible.
I think as we progress in the next few hundred years, God will become more & more less "invisible" and "non-existent".
"more & more less" LOL

DNA wasn't viewed before people saw it. It was invisible. For some birds and other animals, glass is invisible. I could be looking right at a stick bug and not see it, so it could be invisible.

"It was invisible to their eyes but it was never invisible." - This is a contradictory statement.

You shouldn't have invested in this argument. Now you're stuck. I'd rather you stay stuck. That's funny and entertaining. For you to admit that you are wrong at this point would be a real disappointment. Loud and wrong is what I want from you. It's what I expect.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#137309 Nov 13, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Amigo, use need to pay money for my highway.
What?, this road belongs to Mexico.
I am Mexico Senor, and my Muchachos are here to take care of burying you.
I hope you have money Senor. I would hate to kill you for nothing.[ Muchachos laugh]
[boom, Gringo falls to the ground]
Senor, we not bury you. We leave you for the buzzards. Itís much easier dis way.[Muchachos laugh]
I enjoy watching catcher push you over the edge.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#137310 Nov 13, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
"more & more less" LOL
DNA wasn't viewed before people saw it. It was invisible. For some birds and other animals, glass is invisible. I could be looking right at a stick bug and not see it, so it could be invisible.
"It was invisible to their eyes but it was never invisible." - This is a contradictory statement.
You shouldn't have invested in this argument. Now you're stuck. I'd rather you stay stuck. That's funny and entertaining. For you to admit that you are wrong at this point would be a real disappointment. Loud and wrong is what I want from you. It's what I expect.
Invisible flying ninjas are only invisible because they can't be seen.

Embrace the grey.

#137311 Nov 13, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Invisible flying ninjas are only invisible because they can't be seen.
I've never seen any.

Wait a minute...

That means...let me put this together...

Since I haven't seen them, and they are invisible, that means that they must exist! Not seeing them is proof!

Embrace the grey.

#137312 Nov 13, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I enjoy watching catcher push you over the edge.
There's a dirty joke there.

I'm gonna leave it alone.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#137313 Nov 13, 2012
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Not such a rarity, really. I make a lot of typos, and I don't catch or correct them all. I'd say about half of my posts contain at least one mistake. The most common is not capitalizing the first word of a sentence. I also tend to stick "e"s in where they don't belong. And I reverse letters or hit two when I meant to hit one, and sometimes I just don't hit a key hard enough, so there are letters that are missing altogether. Occasionally, I decide to change the way I've phrased something but forget to delete an extraneous word.
I do manage to spot most of these errors--right after hitting the "Post Comment" button.
LOL Ok I stand corrected , I still say you're one of the better skilled in English composition.
Of course none of us is perfect.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#137314 Nov 13, 2012
Creatards are the type to say "humans are not evolving, we just look different than 100 years ago." People like RR.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#137315 Nov 13, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
"more & more less" LOL
Ar Ar aims to exceed expectations from what I've seen. It's visible and detectable.

Location hidden

#137316 Nov 13, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a dirty joke there.
I'm gonna leave it alone.
Too late.

Southern Illinois

#137317 Nov 13, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I enjoy watching catcher push you over the edge.
Mes thin he done like mes Senor and mes like chickens.

Location hidden

#137318 Nov 13, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never seen any.
Wait a minute...
That means...let me put this together...
Since I haven't seen them, and they are invisible, that means that they must exist! Not seeing them is proof!
Now you're beginning to understand. The fact that we can't see them is evidence of their skill.

Location hidden

#137319 Nov 13, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mes thin he done like mes Senor and mes like chickens.
I can let you borrow a shovel if you want.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#137320 Nov 13, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that you are adamant that it works doesn't mean that it works. The fact that people think their prayers have been answered only indicate how strongly people believe in prayer. Why do you ignore the studies that have been cited for you? Are they the work of the devil? Does god throw off the results to mess with people? I don't understand how you can rationalize that.
I don't pay too much attention to a scientific study of a non-scientific property.

Besides, I KNOW that prayer works. God has answered my prayers.

You don't have to believe me, but you're being pointless by arguing it with me.

Location hidden

#137321 Nov 13, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>There's no point in arguing semantics. If there was no way to see it, it was invisible. That's what invisible means - not visible. Invisible does not mean not there.
I guess we're talking about the same thing in a different way.
DNA was never invisible - never not visible. It was always visible, we just had to find a way to see it.

Location hidden

#137322 Nov 13, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I will say even though nightserf is one of the better writers here he doesn't harp on people for misspellings , which in a forum like topix is trivial anyway. I suppose that was funny to you though , and yes I did notice it , because of the rarity of him making such trivial mistakes.
'twas a yoke :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min pusherman_ 548,481
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Dally Mama 750,313
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 6 min top 1,070
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Tim Osman 118,654
ardy 23 tahun bandung call for job 20 min ardy ryan 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 54 min USN Atheist 5,452
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 56 min AussieBobby 261,640
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr yon 602,162
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 17 hr girls united states 125

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE