Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#137018 Nov 12, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Nano doesn't have sex. Unless someone shows up at her doorstep. Then, it's sort of a celebration for her - the end of loneliness maybe?
13Nov12.....

.....GOD, You 'hatingDumbView' are one ugly woman. You are one cyber-psycho bullly dat needs a 'wedgie' dat vould yank yer knickers haul da vey up to your lousy neck.

Ps:.....On da insides you are fulla pus ...and 'das fer Shure.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#137019 Nov 12, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It would not surprise me if she had to lose some money too.
13Nov12.....

.....and you of course 'riddenRotten' remain fulla schidt to da eyeballs.

Ps:.....both yourself and dat udder cyber 'troll-op' wouldn't get your nookie with da Bank of Scotland behind ya.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#137020 Nov 12, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
He was emotional because it was his grandson this is true. Also trumpet music has unique way of touching the soul. Music can do things to the inner being that words can't achieve.
I might like to add that I was not able to convert my Father neither did any other family member. He was that deeply committed to Atheism.
While he was in the hospital. A visitor came into his room around midnight. This visitor was dressed in Middle Eastern attire. Note: The Hospital was in East Texas. This visitor touched him and from that very moment he converted. There was also a witness. The man in the bed next to him.
Both men, my Father and Mr. Scott told of the account the following morning. Dad was released into Hospice care and went home. I had never heard him pray before. He began to pray and request prayer. He completely changed Doctor.
It all sounds unbelievable and far fetched. This I understand. But Iím telling you Doctor the last 7 months of his life was completely dedicated to Christ. All because of this unknown and strange visitor.
I believe that this visitor was an angel or Christ himself. You would have to know how dedicated Dad was to Atheism. Then to see him change was a miracle.
Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but this story is just too far fetched to be believable. Either the story is completely false, or the person telling the story had a particular religious agenda, or your father was NEVER a true Atheist in the first place. You really can't expect intelligent people to believe that a mythical entity like an Angel or Christ himself visited your father, touched him, and he suddenly became religious. I personally find it offensive that you would think that I am that gullible. You really should keep absurd stories like this to yourself, it will make you look less......insane!!
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#137021 Nov 12, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking at the entire population of the African continent. Islam is the largest religion. Those regions in the South that are predominantly Christian. Have done remarkably well in standard of life compared to the remaining continent.
From Wiki:
According to the World Book Encyclopedia, Islam is the largest religion in Africa, with 47% of the population being Muslim, accounting for 1/4 of the world's Muslim population. The faith's historic roots on the continent stem from the time of the Prophet Muhammad, whose early disciples migrated to Abyssinia (hijira) in fear of persecution from the pagan Arabs.
The spread of Islam in North Africa came with the invasion of Egypt under Caliph Umar, through the Sinai Peninsula - followed by the rapid conquest of North Africa by the Arab armies. Islam in West Africa was through Islamic traders and sailors.
Islam is the dominant religion in North Africa and the Horn of Africa. It has also become the predominant religion on the Swahili Coast as well as the West African seaboard and parts of the interior. There have been several Muslim empires in Western Africa which exerted considerable influence, notably the Mali Empire, which flourished for several centuries and the Songhai Empire, under the leadership of Mansa Musa, Sonni Ali and Askia Mohammed.
I understand why you keep trying to soften the blow of God NOT answering the prayers of millions of parents who pray for their starving children. Their prayers do go unanswered, and millions of little,children die while your God sits idly by. Here is just a small sampling:

Rwanda, 26% of the population are Christians, in Rwanda 18.3% of the children die from disease and starvation.

Ethiopia, 60% Christians, in Ethiopia 17.2% of the children die from disease and starvation.

Nigeria, 50% of the people are Christians, in Nigeria 26.5% of the children die from disease and starvation.

So in both Nigeria and Ethiopia over half of the countries population are Christians, combined almost HALF of the population of children 43% die from disease and starvation. How many Christian parents of these 43% do you think prayed for their children? For 43% of them, God never answered their prayers, why is that?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#137022 Nov 12, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
He was emotional because it was his grandson this is true. Also trumpet music has unique way of touching the soul. Music can do things to the inner being that words can't achieve.
I might like to add that I was not able to convert my Father neither did any other family member. He was that deeply committed to Atheism.
While he was in the hospital. A visitor came into his room around midnight. This visitor was dressed in Middle Eastern attire. Note: The Hospital was in East Texas. This visitor touched him and from that very moment he converted. There was also a witness. The man in the bed next to him.
Both men, my Father and Mr. Scott told of the account the following morning. Dad was released into Hospice care and went home. I had never heard him pray before. He began to pray and request prayer. He completely changed Doctor.
It all sounds unbelievable and far fetched. This I understand. But Iím telling you Doctor the last 7 months of his life was completely dedicated to Christ. All because of this unknown and strange visitor.
I believe that this visitor was an angel or Christ himself. You would have to know how dedicated Dad was to Atheism. Then to see him change was a miracle.
Lmao, seek help, you need it.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#137023 Nov 12, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
EM doesn't do anything to epigenetics.
Have someone put you in a microwave and turn it on. You will find you are wrong.

Same goes for any high intensity high frequency EM emissions such as radar beams.

If it can cook your flesh, it will rearrange your molecules. Such as those involved in epigenomes.

There should be quite a body of info on that on the net.

You do not know what EM is or does. Quit pretending.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#137024 Nov 12, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Have someone put you in a microwave and turn it on. You will find you are wrong.
Same goes for any high intensity high frequency EM emissions such as radar beams.
If it can cook your flesh, it will rearrange your molecules. Such as those involved in epigenomes.
There should be quite a body of info on that on the net.
You do not know what EM is or does. Quit pretending.
That was rich. "It affects your epigenome by cooking it." LOL

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#137025 Nov 12, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I understand why you keep trying to soften the blow of God NOT answering the prayers of millions of parents who pray for their starving children. Their prayers do go unanswered, and millions of little,children die while your God sits idly by. Here is just a small sampling:
Rwanda, 26% of the population are Christians, in Rwanda 18.3% of the children die from disease and starvation.
Ethiopia, 60% Christians, in Ethiopia 17.2% of the children die from disease and starvation.
Nigeria, 50% of the people are Christians, in Nigeria 26.5% of the children die from disease and starvation.
So in both Nigeria and Ethiopia over half of the countries population are Christians, combined almost HALF of the population of children 43% die from disease and starvation. How many Christian parents of these 43% do you think prayed for their children? For 43% of them, God never answered their prayers, why is that?
My good Doctor, I realize the story sounds far fetched. I was not there but in Houston on my job. My sister called me the next morning and told me what had happened as my Father explained it to her.

There was a witness, the man in the bed next to my Dad. His name was Mr. Scott. My Sister asked him if all that Dad had explained was true. He did acknowledge that the visitor was real. I never confronted Dad with this story. I just didnít want to cause him to have doubt by asking him about it.

My Uncle was also there the next morning with my Sister. He also heard Dad tell what had happened that morning. We were all sort of shocked at this story. This I can tell you that he was changed from that point on. Yes, Doctor your reaction is understandable, it is a very strange story.
But those of us who live by faith understand that sometimes miracles happen.

My Fatherís conversion was indeed a miracle.

Southern Illinois

#137026 Nov 12, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Lmao, seek help, you need it.
Thank you, my good friend, you made me smile.

Southern Illinois

#137027 Nov 12, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I understand why you keep trying to soften the blow of God NOT answering the prayers of millions of parents who pray for their starving children. Their prayers do go unanswered, and millions of little,children die while your God sits idly by. Here is just a small sampling:
Doctor, you are making assumptions. But I understand your position.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#137028 Nov 12, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My good Doctor, I realize the story sounds far fetched. I was not there but in Houston on my job. My sister called me the next morning and told me what had happened as my Father explained it to her.
There was a witness, the man in the bed next to my Dad. His name was Mr. Scott. My Sister asked him if all that Dad had explained was true. He did acknowledge that the visitor was real. I never confronted Dad with this story. I just didnít want to cause him to have doubt by asking him about it.
My Uncle was also there the next morning with my Sister. He also heard Dad tell what had happened that morning. We were all sort of shocked at this story. This I can tell you that he was changed from that point on. Yes, Doctor your reaction is understandable, it is a very strange story.
Ya ever think that perhaps your father "converted" just to make you feel better? Some parents do these weird things like putting their children's comfort before their own. Just a thought. Carrion.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#137029 Nov 12, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you like this?
Lack of good parenting.

Since: Sep 10

Sacramento, CA

#137030 Nov 12, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you like this?
Be kind to Eagle.

That's all he has.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#137031 Nov 12, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>That was rich. "It affects your epigenome by cooking it." LOL
Glad you liked it.

Why do you cook your food? Besides just to kill organisms.

Elements have a melting point. Compounds made of elements(what else?) also have different melting points. Depending on the compound and heat sinking of its molecules, the heat transfer rate affects the elements on the atomic scale. You can easily break chains of molecules and rearrange the molecular construction.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#137032 Nov 12, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but this story is just too far fetched to be believable(...)
Yeah, the Middle Eastern attire is a bit far fetched even within the context of the "supernatural event".

<The Deity> "HEY!... Where are you going?"

<A Deity Assistant> !?..."I'm..I uh...I'm going to convert Eagle12's atheist father at the very last moment"

<The Deity> "Oh! Yeah, yeah... I...I knew that. You can't go dressed in Levi jeans and a flannel shirt".... WAIT! Are those NIKES YOU'RE WEARING!?

<A Deity Assistant> !!!... I'm sorry, sorry, sorry, sooo sorry! It's just shoes but, but I could see how it seems like a false idol, I wasn't... PLEASE, PLEASE G_D OH PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!"

<The Deity>{pleased} "Don't worry about it, but you can't show up in modern attire, you need to wear the period appropriate Middle Eastern garb of antiquity, circa 33CE...I mean AD..AD 33-A-D."

<A Deity Assistant> "Okay, I just thought the seminar you gave last week - "Evolving the belief to reflect the times; A New Christianity" - meant clothing too."

<The Deity> "Nope"
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#137033 Nov 12, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no such things as miracles. What you call a miracles is a personal interpretation of a circumstance that seems to work in your favor. All so called miracles fall under this category. If the laws of nature were suspended or altered somehow, science would be all over it. It would be front page news world-wide. News that science had actually verified a true miracle would be all the validation you would need to prove your God exists. It has never happened, 2,000 years and it has never happened, that's because the laws of nature cannot be altered or suspended in your favor by a fictitious being.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#137034 Nov 12, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
The only question that I have about religion is: Why do intelligent modern people still believe in silly old myths?
Because the intelligent people know they are more than myths.

It's the ignorant people that think the Bible is a fairy tale book.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#137035 Nov 12, 2012
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
The flood like the rest of genesis is pure mythology. This is proof that the Bible is the word of man and not the word of any god. It is likely copied from the babylonian story the epic of gilgamesh.
Likely?

I see it more likely that the story of Noah was taken from Israel & written as the epic of gilgamesh.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#137036 Nov 12, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No it's the one YOU believe in, the one who came down out of fairyland and touched you on the head. The one whom you claim answers prayers. The one who OBVIOUSLY doesn't care for little starving children, he hates amputees also.
Pay attention numbnuts, I never blamed God for starvation, I blamed him/she/it for NOT answering the prayers of millions of grieving parents. Do try and pay attention. It will be reflected in your final grade!!!
"Fairyland" ??

Isn't that the bar you go to?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#137037 Nov 12, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I discovered something you'll find interesting: my download speed was negatively impacted by my microwave oven. I tested it repeatedly. My wireless signal was interfered with when the microwave was on. So, one EM field is interfering with the other.
See? I knew you'd like that.
You been cooking the internet girl?:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moses never existed 13 min Khatru 839
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min Tide with Beach 778,842
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 43 min Tony17 560,588
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Mandela 119,693
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 265,482
Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 2 hr Swedenforever 96
My wife want mee to peeing her mouth every time... 2 hr vicky9669 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Peace_Warrior 605,359
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 22 hr risque 137
More from around the web