Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
131,281 - 131,300 of 225,582 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
Exercise your religious freedom. Worship your deity. There is nothing I can do to stop that, unless I interfere with that process. I don't want to stop you from going to church, I don't want to eliminate your bible, I don't want you to stop your prayers, I don't want to stop you from teaching your children about your religion. I don't want you to stop practicing your religion.
Exercise your religion in your mind, exercise your religion in your churches, exercise your religion in your home. Keep it out of the government. Keep it out of the public schools. Just keep it to yourself. Your religion becomes unassailable when exercised that way.
Well, ole Scar. We agree...

Well said.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

&fe ature=related

Tommy James interview. Get to the 4 minute mark and listen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Biology or organisms can be compared to machinery , but reality is where the comparison stops.
Uh huh. That's a false reality.

Your DNA constructs the body parts.

Honest. It has the blueprints, and makes the machinery. Lots of chemical stuff involved, too, even makes some of them.

Is that real?

Gee, for a diehard abiogenesis fan, you sure have delusions of being more than just an accident that happened in the course of time. Why is that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So it comes down to you NOT believing what science tells us is true.
No, I just do't blindly believe like you do.
You apparently are a member of the club that firmly believes that ALL scientists world-wide are involved in a conspiracy to supply totally false information to the masses.
No I'm not.
Interesting. you do know how stupid you sound right?
How stupid "I" sound?? YOU wrote all that nonsense.
Facts are pieces of information that have been confirmed through evidence.
True
A fact is -----INDISPUTABLY THE CASE.
Again, true.
In other words, the information cosmologists have about the BBT is A FACT,
OH! So close.... The 'facts' they have about BBT is constantly changing. IF it was FACT, it'd never change.
it is indisputable,
I just disputed it.
it is supported by evidence.
That 'evidence' is subject to scurtiny & change. NOT fact.
Thats the end of the story numbnuts.
Thank God.
Now if you want to question thousand upon thousands of hard working very intelligent cosmologists then talk to them.
Crap, I thought it was over.
If you want to make your uneducated point on this site, post your credentials as a cosmologist.
Wait, you want me to post comments as as uneducated cosmologist?
Or at lest supply us with some evidence....
Like your 'evidence' of BBT?
yeah I know,
Not much.
very scary word for you.......on your expertise as a cosmologist.
The same uneducated cosmologist you want me to post as?
Otherwise comments like you just wrote make you look like a total assclown.
I'd say the use of the word "assclown" speaks wonders to your intelligence.
"Mister Redneck, all evidence point to the fact that you are very sick and may well die unless we perform a life saving procedure."
Really? What made-up evidence do you have that I'm sick?
Redneck....
That's me.
"Ah, no thanks I know you doctors think you have facts, but they are only assumptions based on so-called evidence."
Are you talking about medical doctors or uneducated cosmologists? Please stick to one topic, son.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
No, but one must rationally *accept* that the Big Bang Theory is the best available scientific theory that can explain what we observe today. It is not a matter of "belief".

Oh my, the potatoe, potatoh thing? lol

OK, you say rationally accept, the rest of us say belief. It's the same damn thing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you find it necessary to call it "so called evidence"?
Seems another cowardly copout to me.
Because it is.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Honest. It has the blueprints, and makes the machinery. Lots of chemical stuff involved, too, even makes some of them.
Is that real?
Gee, for a diehard abiogenesis fan, you sure have delusions of being more than just an accident that happened in the course of time. Why is that?
Machines can be repaired by replacement parts indefinitely.
The 2nd law reaffirmed , but the entire unit can be remade as it is only a sum of parts. It is still the exact same machine.

Biological organisms suffer atrophy , and do suffer the burden of consisting of irreplaceable parts. While reassembly may be possible
you end up with a different entity.

This could change as our inventions gain complexity , but for now this is true.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah ~ faith in the big bang theory is very stable indeed, and so are flying monkeys
Thanks for proving my point stupid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Machines can be repaired by replacement parts indefinitely.
The 2nd law reaffirmed , but the entire unit can be remade as it is only a sum of parts. It is still the exact same machine.
Biological organisms suffer atrophy , and do suffer the burden of consisting of irreplaceable parts. While reassembly may be possible
you end up with a different entity.
This could change as our inventions gain complexity , but for now this is true.
There are lots of machines made with integral parts that you junk nowadays. Especially electronic types.

The only problem with biological parts is the lack of knowledge to have the DNA rebuild it. It may be a shut down link that can be reactivated and recalibrated. Of course it could hurt like hell as it repairs, after all, everything was growing in synch originally, and slowly. But the instructions are still in the DNA. They have to be tweaked.

The blueprint is in the DNA. That is how it gets transferred to a newer and modified unit.

The chemical code in DNA turns into a factory. And quite a factory.

Speaking of old machines, my old Stanley garage door opener died in its sleep last night. I am good about bringing dead machines back to life, but this may be eternally bazook. No schematics and no desire to laboriously trace the circuitry out. Then I will strip parts to make a lifter for my hot tub cover.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
More babies are killed by abuse of drugs, alcohol, physical abuse, drunk drivers, accidents, failure to adhere to Doctors orders, STDs. I think the biggest killer of the unborn are people.
How many babies are killed in a year?

Since: Sep 10

Arcadia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The mind of a jackass never ceases to amaze me.
You should leave the barn once in a while.

Get to know some people instead.

Since: Sep 10

Arcadia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
And here I thought you were only interested in the other end.
Your comeback was much better than mine !

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What's your point? There's a reason they are called miracle babies. Their welfare should never come before the mother.
Don't tell me that, tell their Mother.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything is a miracle to the uneducated mind.
And nothing is a miracle to the 'educated' mind, even the life of a baby.....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes exactly that is her MO she comes in here spamming and trolling away using the tired old appeal to emotion but then wants to cry outrage when she gets treated like a spamming troll.
As I said before sorry but you can't have it both ways.
I am very pro choice in today's day and he we simply cannot condemn women to a potential death sentence because birth control measures make some religious people upset.
All I can say to that lot is get over it. Vacuuming out a clump of cells isn't murder.
<quoted text>
I don't have words to describe your cruelty; "Vacuuming out a clump of cells isn't murder. "

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
More babies are killed by abuse of drugs, alcohol, physical abuse, drunk drivers, accidents, failure to adhere to Doctors orders, STDs. I think the biggest killer of the unborn are people.
Indeed...

Obviously the 1 child policy in China caused huge issues, as they kept killing the girls 'cause they all wanted to have a son.

They couldn't see the problem with decades of the majority of male children being born, and now, sadly, there are millions in villages who will never had a wife or a child.

***Chinese cannibalism of infant flesh outrages the world | Washington ...
communities.washingtontimes.com/.../chinese-c... ...
10 May 2012 WASHINGTON, May 10, 2012 China's one child policy, baby ... aware of a horrific practice of eating aborted fetuses after Seoul Broadcasting

https://www.google.com.au/search... ***

Most of us I suppose are horrified at the thought, but there are those that think of babies, regardless of how they were killed, as a clump of useless cells....

They would probably applaud eating babies in a country where there is not enough food, but I would rather we helped out and fed them ... my opinion of course!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that real?
And a fetus comes complete with activating DNA....

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>And nothing is a miracle to the 'educated' mind, even the life of a baby.....
If anything in reality can be called a miracle, we'd use that word to describe life. It seems rare.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Babies are not unborn.
The mind of a jackass never ceases to amaze me.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

badsis wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving my point stupid.
Thanks for proving my point that your a sh**head, stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 4 min Classic 1,741
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min curiouslu 729,689
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min onemale 259,072
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Oxbow 536,899
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 44 min mike 441,068
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 47 min Freebird USA 2,160
Ferguson Officer Johnson, Nickname OJO 1 hr Curtis Lowe 1
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr An NFL Fan 117,744
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr Just 103

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••