Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,535)

Showing posts 130,681 - 130,700 of223,052
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
yes indians have 3 nights, well i only celebrate 3 coz of indian culture and in England we have 1 night for it!
why do americans not know this???
07Nov12.....

.....Stop speaking, thinking, and writing in 'generalities'. That won't get you any Brownie Points with BobLoblah.

Ps:....Millions of Americans are Very familiar with Guy Fawkes and BonFire Night.

.....what do you know about 'Trick or Treating'???

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm goign to laugh if Romney takes the lead! You guys really want Obama to win? i thought u guys didn't like him?
07Nov12.....

.....That just shows how much you know about American politics.

Ps:....While BobLoblah is NOT from da US of A, there are tens and tens of millions of Americans dat like Mitt Romney.

....more and more every day toooooooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>07Nov12.....
......There is more intelligence in BobLoblah's bowel movement then in your hole (sic) body....ya schidt-for-brains.
Ps:.....'sides, BobLoblah travels the WholeWideWorld while you pathetically remain in your backYard withChar momma.
...Get a Life. Better still.....get Lost....ya jealous eeejit
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
He can only smile down on the poor child and feel intense pity. Poor thing he tries so hard to be cool wit his fake German accent, and childish bathroom humor. Run along now child, and see if you can do a good Swedish accent, that might be almost as cool as the fake German one you're trying so very hard to cultivate. Poor thing, he's just trying to be cool and impress everyone, to bad he doesn't realize that engaging in an intelligent conversation would make him seem much less childish and way more cool. Pitiful little child!!!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....Wrong.
Ps:....WHO made the dirt???
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Well, some dirt was the result of huge Glaciers grinding down rock, erosion from wind and the elements cause some dirt also, wave action in the ocean cause rocks to wear down and produce dirt and fine sand. So you see numbnuts, you asked the WRONG question, its not WHO made the dot but WHAT made the dirt. I'm really glad I could educate you on simple geological events......No, no don't thank me, I love helping children.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My good Doctor,
Anger is something everyone experiences. I apologize for my fellow believer who made a distasteful statement. You are not our enemy but a fellow American. Not just any American but a living historical icon.
I would love for you to write a book about your career. I know itís time consuming. Oh the stories you could tell us about those years in the band and playing on stage. Some of which you have already shared with us.
Back to the subject of religion. It makes people very passionate. Even Peter the disciple of Jesus cut off the ear of a Roman Soldier in anger. He didnít intend on cutting off his ear but was trying to cut off his head and missed. Jesus very calmly picked up the ear and placed it back on the soldiers head.
Forgive us my Dear Doctor. For we are but flesh and blood. You have the right to freedom and the right to believe as you so desire. I would never want to take that away from you.[tipping hat].
Dear
Maybe in my retirement I'll consider a book, right now text books are taking up most of my time. Thanks for your interest, see opposing views don't have to be ugly. If we both realize we are extremely passionate about our beliefs, I think the dialog is more productive.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacksheep, we have had many 'conversations' on this topic, and we didn't get anywhere in the past, so don't think that will be any different this time around... but I'll give it a go.
1. Genesis 6:6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart...... Did GOD stand by and let this happen? No, HIS big Heart would be suffering, more than we could bear.
Then your god is not omnipresent, or he knew what was going to happen, chose not to do anything about it. No matter how you look at it, your story proves that there is no god as described in the christian bible.
Serah wrote:
2. We do not know how GOD handled the situation once Gillian had given up her little ghost, but like I had written before, I have received messages from her via Anthony (Whispers from Beyond) and as stated, his messages were verified and that Gillian was the 'Master of Ceremonies' of that Spiritual group.
"given up her little ghost" is a ploy for sympathy. You already have mine, no need to belabor the point.

Anthony (Whispers from Beyond) is a fake but, if I remember correctly, you believe that magician Criss Angel is being helped by demons.
Serah wrote:
3. We have all heard of miraculous escapes where people have survived that which was not survivable, and as I said, I believe Gillian was meant to end her life at such a young age ~ she had achieved that which she needed.
As John said, "There's nothing you can do that can't be done. Nothing you can sing that can't be sung."
Serah wrote:
4. There would have been Prayers said, Blacksheep, but when has burns to 90% of the body, and terrible 3rd degree burns at that, perhaps no further suffering was what people prayed for....
No prayers before hand for her safety? Your god could bring dead people back to life, but 90% burns was too much? So far, you are not painting a picture of a strong god!
Serah wrote:
"Why did GOD allow this to happen?" We cannot hope to understand GOD completely until we are in HIS realm, but we do know GOD has tried to stamp out evil and to date, has not been successful.
You are not painting a picture of a strong or brilliant god!
Serah wrote:
"How do you know none of the Prayers worked?" We don't know what they were Praying for, so that is just an assumption on your behalf.
No one prayed for her safety? Really?
Serah wrote:
"Why did GOD plan this?" That too is an assumption, you don't even acknowledge GOD and you are questioning why did HE plan it? How do you know GOD didn't plan it, but that HE was there when Gillian gave up her little ghost?
I am questioning your beliefs, not mine. You believe what the bible says and the bible says that your god planned every detail.
Serah wrote:
And I agree, all should aspire to be better people .........
The only thing that we have agree upon!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
*** As the figure below shows, the number of hungry people has increased since 1995-97. The increase has been due to three factors: 1) neglect of agriculture relevant to very poor people by governments and international agencies; 2) the current worldwide economic crisis, and 3) the significant increase of food prices in the last several years which has been devastating to those with only a few dollars a day to spend. 925 million people is 13.6 percent of the estimated world population of 6.8 billion. Nearly all of the undernourished are in developing countries.
In round numbers there are 7 billion people in the world. Thus, with an estimated 925 million hungry people in the world, 13.1 percent, or almost 1 in 7 people are hungry.
http://www.worldhunger.org/articles/Learn/wor... ***
Do you think these 925 million hungry people would be better off with a Master that cared for them and fed them, even if they are called 'slaves'????
Recall, Colossians 4:4 Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven....
Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.......
You are trying to gloss over the fact that your god made some pretty nasty laws. Stick with what is known.

"Do you think these 925 million hungry people would be better off with a Master that cared for them and fed them," killing them, raping them, forcing them into marriage and then taking the children to rape, sell and or murder.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....If you are serious for this frivalty to be the reason to have a President,,,,then you are bordering on being a schidt-for-brains.
Ps:.....Don't dink like dat.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
heheheheheheeeeeee didn't u like the song? i can't stop laughing!

don't pick on me, i'm a girl! i'll start crying!:(

i know u keep sayin it, but what's a schidt-for-brains? r u saying what i think u sayin? don't call me that!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....Oh, NOT everyone hates him around 'there'.
Ps:....Hundreds of thousands would just to love to have him back today to burn down the British House of Lords.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
people say alot of stuff, but they don't mean it! just like i know u didn't mean to call me names and make me cry!:'(

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....Stop speaking, thinking, and writing in 'generalities'. That won't get you any Brownie Points with BobLoblah.
Ps:....Millions of Americans are Very familiar with Guy Fawkes and BonFire Night.
.....what do you know about 'Trick or Treating'???
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
what u mean using the word we? should i say I?

well nano didn't know about it! Sorry Mr know-it-all!

i went trick or treating dressed like a vampire lol i told u guys about it. helllllllloooo we....i mean I, do celebrate halloween for the fun of it! i need any excuse to have a party! lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....'olUnZipped-Fly Bill' tried to screw one girl toooooo many.
And he is a LIAR.
He LIED to his wife, his daughter and to his Country. He even
LIED to the Supreme Court, and by a stroke of luck managed to escape by a hair being impeached.
And when he did his cigarTrick on Monica in da OvalOffice, it was the camel dat broke straws back when it came to his wife Hilllliary. Immediately the 'IceAge' set into her thighs which haven't thawed out yet. Bill got to sleep in every room in the WhiteHouse, but spent most of his time on da sofa....cowtowing to Hillllliary.
Bill hasen't had any 'nooki' for years and years while Hillllliary's arse widens the size of a barn.

Ps:.....Monica Lewinsky is coming out with her NEW book. Bill has tried to have it squelched, but to no avail. She will make several millions. Good for Monica for being led astray by that
gigolo 'olUnZipped-Fly Bill'.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
i know! lol. take a chill pill!!:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....That just shows how much you know about American politics.
Ps:....While BobLoblah is NOT from da US of A, there are tens and tens of millions of Americans dat like Mitt Romney.
....more and more every day toooooooooooo.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Your're not american? i thought u were. i don't know anything about any politics, i didn't vote for PM here coz they all looked like muppets lol and i was right they r muppets!!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
yes indians have 3 nights, well i only celebrate 3 coz of indian culture and in England we have 1 night for it!
why do americans not know this???
Remember
Remember
The 5th of November.

I am a day late! Happy Guy Fawkes Day!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember
Remember
The 5th of November.
I am a day late! Happy Guy Fawkes Day!
thanks! you're not late, some strange people who don't want to let me go to sleep at still at it with the fireworks!

so do u now believe i'm a girl?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm goign to laugh if Romney takes the lead! You guys really want Obama to win? i thought u guys didn't like him?
I don't like Obama that much, but I want him to win.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like Obama that much, but I want him to win.
i think he is going to win anyway.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks! you're not late, some strange people who don't want to let me go to sleep at still at it with the fireworks!
so do u now believe i'm a girl?
No, cause the British don't say Happy Guy Fawkes Day. Guy was a traitor.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My good Doctor,
Anger is something everyone experiences. I apologize for my fellow believer who made a distasteful statement. You are not our enemy but a fellow American. Not just any American but a living historical icon.
I would love for you to write a book about your career. I know itís time consuming. Oh the stories you could tell us about those years in the band and playing on stage. Some of which you have already shared with us.
Back to the subject of religion. It makes people very passionate. Even Peter the disciple of Jesus cut off the ear of a Roman Soldier in anger. He didnít intend on cutting off his ear but was trying to cut off his head and missed. Jesus very calmly picked up the ear and placed it back on the soldiers head.
Forgive us my Dear Doctor. For we are but flesh and blood. You have the right to freedom and the right to believe as you so desire. I would never want to take that away from you.[tipping hat].
Dear
Who is blacklagoon? I'm curious. You seem almost reverent.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
really? what do you take me for? think before you answer, donkey!:)
how do i do that? what does that do? thanks!
Well, there are several ways. But if my sources are correct, it will instantly solve your problem.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>I'm goign to laugh if Romney takes the lead! You guys really want Obama to win? i thought u guys didn't like him?
What guys?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 130,681 - 130,700 of223,052
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

583 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 min andet1987 3,860
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min RiccardoFire 715,905
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Liam 529,679
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min RiccardoFire 93,139
Judge Linda Warren Hunter, Dekalb County (May '08) 8 min Terlisash 216
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min Brit Expat 114,535
Who really controls America and other Western c... 16 min yon 42
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min Dr_Zorderz 255,573
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr Ava 58