Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
129,921 - 129,940 of 226,145 Comments Last updated 41 min ago

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
You could figure out Her state of decomposition if you really wanted to by some research and hen she died. Don't know why you'd care about your dead sister's decomposing progress though, to each their own I guess.:shrugs:
In burning deaths after a while the nerves and body numb up or you pass out from the pain. I would say she lost consciousness.
Anything else I can help you with?
<quoted text>
She was 2.5 years old, and could not lay down in the ambulance, due to the horrid burns she had suffered. Her beautiful little face was not burned though, apart from a little blister on her nose. She did not lapse into unconsciousness for some time, but maybe you are right, and she no longer felt her pain.

My Father was driving a steam train out in the bush country and was told of the news that one of his children had suffered possible fatal injuries, although he was not told which child (I wasn't alive at that time) and they sent out one of those hand carts that ride on train tracks to meet him and out in that arid land and over 100 degree heat, they pumped that cart as hard as they could to get him back to his child.

He didn't make it in time.....

I don't think I like the way you teach, you remind me of a teacher that I left school for, but none the less, I guess you think you know it all

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you.
You look quite attractive in your avatar picture.
Do you want to lose a few pounds, or are you happy with your body?
At 57, it wouldn't hurt me to lose a few pounds, as I have gone up a couple of sizes in clothes, but funnily enough, I have learned to understand that my body is my vessel, and that it is my Heart and Soul that count. I am working on them continually, perhaps I could call myself a WIP!

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
River the only thing about that is , um that's what serial killers and murderers do to their victims bodies. We would at least bury you in the backyard. Better yet you would make a nice wind chime .lol
http://www.thegreenhead.com/imgs/bamboo-skele...
Do with me as you wish when I'm dead. If it bothers me, I'll protest. I think it won't bother me.

:-)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Rose THeodors wrote:
<quoted text>If you do not pray for knowledge and wisdom as to what God's will is, you are simply praying to get your own way.
Because that is not what Jesus taught.

" After this manner therefore pray ye:

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."

Matthew 6:9-13

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
My leg, while alive, didn't have thoughts. I think we're talking about different things.
I'm very sorry about your sister.
My point probably was there is someone somewhere who has more than likely done it harder, and we should be careful of others when we joke.

Your leg might not have had thoughts, but it did have feelings, and I have heard that even after one loses a limb or a digit, they can still feel the urge to scratch it....

Quite a few years ago, I went to our Aussie version of John Edwards, and without a doubt, he was telling me that my little sister was here for the duration that she was meant to be here for, and that as such, she is a Master of Ceremonies (in the Spirit world)..

He gave me a few things that I didn't know as verification (normal practice) and one was that there was still one of her dresses around. She had died over 50 years before that, and I knew I would have known of any of her clothing that might still be here, and doubted his word.

I did tell my Mother what he had said though, and she told me that in a way, there was still a dress of hers around today...

Mum had been making her a little dress when the tragedy happened, and she kept that half made dress for 30 years, and then decided to make a dolls dress out of it for my Sisters doll. The doll and the dress are probably sitting on my elder sisters bed as I am writing this.....

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What I said, if you will pull your head out of your a** and listen.
Prayers will not work for you, a Infidel.
Spray some WD-40 on that squeaky wheel chair. Soak those brakes down too. Then take a ride down a steep hill and try em out.
I looked at you post for an hour and I still didn't hear a thing!

Hey, how is pretending to be a girl working out for you?!?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that is not what Jesus taught.
" After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."
Matthew 6:9-13
Amen

Ahhhh, how many times has that Prayer given me comfort?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I sense somebody hidingbehindyou.
Don't get cleaver.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an American citizen but my grandmother lives in China and she needs help. She's almost 50. She could break a hip at any moment.
Your grandmother is young. Mine's in her 80s, and already broken many a hip.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed ~ your lack of faith is a lack of faith.....
Quite the observation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>and of course you do know why ~ even though everything 'sprung' from the same origins, according to some, life spread out in amazing degrees... didn't it?
Why didn't an elephant grow wings and fly and why did birds?
Jesus?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>My point probably was there is someone somewhere who has more than likely done it harder, and we should be careful of others when we joke.
Your leg might not have had thoughts, but it did have feelings, and I have heard that even after one loses a limb or a digit, they can still feel the urge to scratch it....
Quite a few years ago, I went to our Aussie version of John Edwards, and without a doubt, he was telling me that my little sister was here for the duration that she was meant to be here for, and that as such, she is a Master of Ceremonies (in the Spirit world)..
He gave me a few things that I didn't know as verification (normal practice) and one was that there was still one of her dresses around. She had died over 50 years before that, and I knew I would have known of any of her clothing that might still be here, and doubted his word.
I did tell my Mother what he had said though, and she told me that in a way, there was still a dress of hers around today...
Mum had been making her a little dress when the tragedy happened, and she kept that half made dress for 30 years, and then decided to make a dolls dress out of it for my Sisters doll. The doll and the dress are probably sitting on my elder sisters bed as I am writing this.....
I think that is so sweet.

I was named after a family member who was run over by a Model T ford on Halloween night in the 1930's. He was 8 years old and dressed as a ghost, the sheet got caught in thepasing car and dragged him under it and killed him.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get cleaver.
You have a problem with Beaver ? LOL

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly ~ and the scientists are telling us how long animals have been around, like many millions of years, and they haven't been smart enough to evolve into anything else other than what they started out as.
If an animal is smart enough to move into higher ground before a Tsunami hits, why can't it be smart enough to adapt? Seeing as we apparently have all adapted from the result of a big bang theory in the first place?
Please do some reading on the subject! Please!

As with my example, can everyone be a bagger? NO! Why is that? Cause there would be no one to fill all the niches in the world.

Besides, you do know that elephants did evolve, right? The elephants that we have today are not the same species that was here 100,000 years ago. You do know that, right? And you know that we, in North American, had one of it's ancestors, right? Do we have any native elephants or there ancestors anymore? No. They were long gone before guns!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>At 57, it wouldn't hurt me to lose a few pounds, as I have gone up a couple of sizes in clothes, but funnily enough, I have learned to understand that my body is my vessel, and that it is my Heart and Soul that count. I am working on them continually, perhaps I could call myself a WIP!
Your body is very important.

It greatly affects your sense of self-esteem.

And with exercise properly applied, it helps to keep us youthful.

The older we get, the more youthful we want to be.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Ballooning spider don't have wings
Flying squirrels don't have wings.
There are many more that fly with out wings.
I have seen many flying squirrels! Not a one of them was flying. They would jump and glide, but never fly.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet evolution has never built a Jet aircraft something that's simple compared to a single cell animal.
It's had Billion and Billions of year and yet not one. Hmmm why is that?
Look at all that evolution has built.
What diversity! But not one Jet yet.
No one has ever seen your god.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get cleaver.
Hahaha. When I want to think about something. I think about stuff.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>

Look at what has been achieved in the last 200 years in the life of man(kind) and look what has been achieved in the lives of animals over millions of years and again, look at the arrogance of man(kind) thinking only man(kind) had the need to evolve into what is on life today.
You are confusing evolution with technology.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Serah wrote:
*** The first known turtles existed 200 million years ago.
* There are approximately 300 species of turtles.
* Turtles live on every continent except Antarctica.
* Turtles are cold-blooded. One way they regulate their temperature is by basking.
http://www.indianaturtlecare.com/Facts.html ****
Turtles didn't need how to learn how to protect themselves either, even in 200 million years! Yeah, right, only an ape wanted to become a man!! Makes heaps of sense to me....
What in the world are you talking about? Do you think that man is the ultimate goal of evolution, and that every animals really wants to become a man, but just doesn't want it bad enough? I'm so confused.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cleaning black dollar \ cleaning black currency... (Sep '12) 6 min Dr Micheal daf 32
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 6 min Naveen kumar 5,286
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 17 min yon 2,410
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min curiouslu 732,491
How many homes can a lightning bolt power, and ... (Jun '10) 45 min lakawak 8
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min Aquarius-WY 538,589
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 59 min Stephania 599,748
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Le_le 173,257
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Commander Bunny 257,745
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••