Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256648 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#135084 Nov 4, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
He was for real. I'm not without skills. I researched.
He wanted a gimp and he found one. I would have been better but I don't take direction well. It could have went south in a hurry.
It was probably gonna go south either way!

I crack myself up.

Location hidden

#135085 Nov 4, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
Under other scircumstance the joke might have bene appropriate. It was too close to home IMHO.
I don't think any of you would like the tragic death of a loved one to be the center of a graphically diturbing "joke".
I know it is dfficult to make the "human connection" over the internet but showing a little respect on such a tragedy would be nice.
Ok, yes, it was probably an insensitive joke, but I didn't make it in the first place, and I am not evil incarnate for laughing at it. And the reason that it was funny to me has nothing to do with her sister, specifically.

Location hidden

#135086 Nov 4, 2012
Mr Smartypants wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't aware that it was a sick joke about a girl being burned to death, and I apologize for that.
However, I do maintain my opinion that the many nutcases who post to Topix do have a non-existent sense of humor, even when the topic is funny and not tragic.
It was, but it wasn't. Serah could have wondered how her great great grandfather who passed away peacefully in his sleep was doing, liberty could have said what he said, and it would have been the same joke. Her sister has nothing to do with why it was funny.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#135087 Nov 4, 2012
Speaking of seances does anyone actually think they have communicated with a disembodied person ?
You know do dust orbs flying about speak to the living?

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#135088 Nov 4, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It was probably gonna go south either way!
I crack myself up.
We think alike.

Have you seen the Bruce Lee parody?

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#135092 Nov 4, 2012
Ignorant fool wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really so set on your path of evil, that you would even point to any aspect as a joke. Perhaps, if it were your mom who died a gruesome death then you could discuss both aspects of it.
Have you seen it? It's fuckinghilarious. Watch

Ignorant fool

Japan

#135093 Nov 4, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Don't feel bad for showing your true colours, I am sure there are many who can laugh at the burning death of a 2 year old baby girl.... you are amongst them! Stand forth, don't apologise for who you are, and laugh as loud as you can, I am sure there will be those who will stand with you laughing. Thank GOD I am not nor will I ever be, one of you or them......
I am so sorry, that you had to endure such evil form these people. The bad thing about Topix is that the dredge of societies crawl out.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#135094 Nov 4, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, yes, it was probably an insensitive joke, but I didn't make it in the first place, and I am not evil incarnate for laughing at it. And the reason that it was funny to me has nothing to do with her sister, specifically.
I know. I am not blaming anyone. Just adking for us to learn from this and be a little more careful and thoughtful in the future.

If the joke was made about Moses or Jesus then I would have been rolling on the floor in laughter.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#135095 Nov 4, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
Speaking of seances does anyone actually think they have communicated with a disembodied person ?
You know do dust orbs flying about speak to the living?
I have had experiences I can not explain, if that is what you mean.

I saw a shadow that looked like a small animal 'run' across the room...twice...the night after my ferret died. I had premonitions of their deaths the day before two of my ferrets passed away unexpectedly.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#135097 Nov 4, 2012
Ignorant fool wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps, the thought of gays dying of AIDs is funny. You know, poetic butt justice. I guess it depends on who finds it funny.
I wike my wittle boi when he has a wittle picture wifs him. Yes I DOOOOOOO.

My wittle boi can't stay away from his Internet Failure.

Hims my good wittle boi, yes he EEEiis.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#135101 Nov 4, 2012
Roof Tam s Dad wrote:
<quoted text>My wittle dog can't stay from her dad's failure. Get my bone, bitch. Suck it like daddy taught you. EEEEEiis
Is this what my poor wittle boi is reduced to?

Dude, you should learn the lessons I teach.

Pay attention and you might grow up to be a big troll.

No charge for this lesson.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#135103 Nov 4, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>me too.... I don't believe the Cacao tree came from the same 'organism' as the rhinoceros though :)
Uhhhhh...uhm...ah...Serah...bi ological science...nevermind.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#135104 Nov 4, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhhhh...uhm...ah...Serah...bi ological science...nevermind.
It's a bit like talking to a tree stump.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#135105 Nov 4, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think Tim would make fun of your sister's death.
I know posters that would. The ones that call me hoppy and Eileen. I take it in stride :)
It's just a message board, dear.
It is, but none the less, their comments really hurt, and the laughter was just a bit too much for me to handle... Oh well, I guess I just need to "toughen up princess" :)

Sorry about the names they call you, and thanks for your posting xx

#135106 Nov 4, 2012
Mr Smartypants wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't aware that it was a sick joke about a girl being burned to death, and I apologize for that.
However, I do maintain my opinion that the many nutcases who post to Topix do have a non-existent sense of humor, even when the topic is funny and not tragic.
Thank you ...... I have removed the image of me bending over my sister's head stone, I had no idea she was going to become the 'butt' of jokes! I only hope she has no idea and also that I toughen up....

#135107 Nov 4, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
Under other scircumstance the joke might have bene appropriate. It was too close to home IMHO.
I don't think any of you would like the tragic death of a loved one to be the center of a graphically diturbing "joke".
I know it is dfficult to make the "human connection" over the internet but showing a little respect on such a tragedy would be nice.
Thanks G :) Perhaps they didn't know we had just driven 7 hours to the cemetery and back to be with our departed loved ones..... and how proud I was of her little grave :)

#135108 Nov 4, 2012
Ignorant fool wrote:
<quoted text>I am so sorry, that you had to endure such evil form these people. The bad thing about Topix is that the dredge of societies crawl out.
I guess I'm over it now... I don't have enough salt left to cry a river of tears :)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#135109 Nov 4, 2012
My own religion, even the fact that I have one or not, is irrelevant.

But I have complete faith that this thread will run and run.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#135110 Nov 4, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I wike my wittle boi when he has a wittle picture wifs him. Yes I DOOOOOOO.
My wittle boi can't stay away from his Internet Failure.
Hims my good wittle boi, yes he EEEiis.
The worming has been hard on him but I think it's done him some good.

Thanks for the Pillar of Fire nod, good story. He mentions Poe and a few other of my favorites in the writing and it was just at the last I figured out that he was writing a "Poe like" story himself.

Had Poe been of this era.

The story over all had that musty, and dank Poe mood about it.

Dark.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#135111 Nov 4, 2012
Atheism requires no faith. It requires a brain. Sadly 90% of humans don't know how to use it.

And that's why religion exists. Liars like to fool themselves and others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Gabriel 974,024
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 4 min WasteWater 2,608
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Dr Banonator 65,112
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Liamm 654,672
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 26 min Steve III 45,318
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 1 hr Toby 862
Romantic Sensual Touch Massage & Prostate Massage 1 hr Zara AUH 10
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr who 281,980
More from around the web