Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,494)

Showing posts 129,861 - 129,880 of223,064
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
lol r saying i'm Hiding again, coz i was talkin a bit better and not lik dis? i'm NOT Hiding? I swear it on my life!
That's better.

Watch out.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The penguin is easy to explain, under the right conditions, cormorants could eventually loose their flight and become better adapted to aquatic life and eventually become peguin like.
There is no need for penguins to fly, just like elephants. Had the encroachment of humans been slower, in a few thousand years the fauna of Africa could have become much smaller. There were pigmy elephants and mammoths in islands where the food supply was limited. The isolation was gradual enough to slect out larged ones for smalleer and smaller ones.
failure to adapt.... one could wonder what gave the bird the intelligence to not only fly, but to lay and hatch eggs, gather food for their young and teach them to fly. I watch the magpies every year, and am amazed at how Papa Magpie takes on the same caring role as Mama Magpie, and how the little ones stare at the ground, waiting for a bit of movement to pounce on. When they get old enough, if they keep squawking and squealing for their food, they sort of get pushed around, making them grow up and fend for themselves. Wouldn't a Penguin like to be able to fly out of trouble as much as a bird did and does? Given all these millions of years to 'evolve' into much more clever beings, why have they chosen to stay the same, when they have obvious weaknesses?

Will the Polar bears adapt to the global warming, or will they just become extinct? Why can't they adapt, or go back to being a brown bear?

***What is happening to our polar bear population?

As you can see in this picture, these polar bears are stranded on a melting glacier. They are probably already dead. This is no joke. Because of Global warming, the ice is melting, spring comes earlier, and winter later, the polar bears have less time to hunt to store food in their bodys.- madie August 24, 2007 SOURCE

Endangered species status of the polar bear to be decided May 15
April 29, 2008
Mongabay.com

A federal judge has ordered the Bush administration to stop delaying its decision on whether to list the polar bear as an endangered species. Environmentalists say the bear is threatened by melting sea ice in its Arctic habitat.

Judge Claudia Wilken of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California ruled Monday that the Department of the Interior has violated the law by missing the deadline for filing a decision on the status of the polar bear by four months. She said the agency would have to arrive at a decision by May 15, 2008.

The Department of the Interior had sought to delay the decision until June 30, 2008. It had already missed a January 2008 deadline.

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/45jack_files/03f... ***

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not very knowledgeable on the subject and I don't want to sit here and beat you up over it.
Here is a very simple way to explain evolution. If you really needed a job and the only job out there was bagging groceries, what would you do? You would learn to bag groceries or die from starvation.
Some time later, a job as a rocket scientist opens up and your bagging job ends. Can you be a rocket scientist? No, so you are in trouble. Jenny could, so she took the job and lived on.
Right before you die, you find a job as a cashier! Lucky for you, you can learn that job and you survive another day.
Unfortunately, evolution takes a very long time, not 200 years.
Exactly ~ and the scientists are telling us how long animals have been around, like many millions of years, and they haven't been smart enough to evolve into anything else other than what they started out as.

If an animal is smart enough to move into higher ground before a Tsunami hits, why can't it be smart enough to adapt? Seeing as we apparently have all adapted from the result of a big bang theory in the first place?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Don't they believe when you're dead, you're dead! What would be the point in going to the gravesite? You could just put the flowers in a vase and feel sad there just as easily as anywhere else.
Well that's what we do, we cremate in my culture. I never understood why people want to be physically close to their loved one's dead body, to feel close to them! If you understand what i'm saying?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's better.
Watch out.
watch what????

and dis is better? last time u said u was goin to flip if i didn't stop talkin lik dis! what's happening now?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Prayer doesn't work for anyone.
Oh yes it does....

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Don't they believe when you're dead, you're dead! What would be the point in going to the gravesite? You could just put the flowers in a vase and feel sad there just as easily as anywhere else.
Funerals are for not for the deceased.

"Leave the dead to bury their dead and follow me."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's what we do, we cremate in my culture. I never understood why people want to be physically close to their loved one's dead body, to feel close to them! If you understand what i'm saying?
Yes, I do understand.... I have only recently changed my mind about being cremated, and now will be buried instead. I don't believe my Soul will be buried, but I do think we will all know we will be there together. I also believe that I go to the grave site for the person who has given up their ghost, and that they will know of the visit, and I mourn where ever I sit....

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly ~ and the scientists are telling us how long animals have been around, like many millions of years, and they haven't been smart enough to evolve into anything else other than what they started out as....
Wrong. Living creatures have been around for billions of years and most of them have evolved into different animals.

"If your parents didn't have any children, you won't either."

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yes it does....
Please pray for my liver to grow faster than the disease is eating it. I can't have a transplant.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>I think everybody needs to learn empathy/love.
.. hi ya, doll. Some people are incapable of empathy, something is wrong with their brain ..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Funerals are for not for the deceased.
"Leave the dead to bury their dead and follow me."
mmmh; I have often heard people say that their departed loved ones would have been proud of their funerals, we choose their favourite songs, and we now celebrate their lives in a different way. I guess I am a bit more reflective since my sojourn to my birth place and my
spiritual journey, as such :)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Living creatures have been around for billions of years and most of them have evolved into different animals.
"If your parents didn't have any children, you won't either."
well that's a good point, if my parents didn't have children, I wouldn't be here to have any either :)

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
My, my, my, so you have been playing double fiddle. Ha, ha, ha, ha. No wonder Happy Lesbo was trying to gain an apology from me, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.
Aren’t you the cleaver of cleavers. Ha, ha, ha, ha.
You freakazoid, implant, donkey rider. How many times did you take the bar exam before you passed?
You don’t even qualify as a staff attorney. A bottom of the bottom dwellers in the legal system. You probably just handle bail bonds.
Buy a bicycle and donate the donkey to a kids museum.
.. you noticed the similarities? What exactly did I do wrong? Was it my cool, methodical mind or my sexual innuendos ??..

.. is it wise to exhibit an ass at a kids' museum ??..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I do understand.... I have only recently changed my mind about being cremated, and now will be buried instead. I don't believe my Soul will be buried, but I do think we will all know we will be there together. I also believe that I go to the grave site for the person who has given up their ghost, and that they will know of the visit, and I mourn where ever I sit....
Thank you for understand me, but I didn't understand you. You believe the soul shouldn't be buried or it can't be buried?

But if you believe in heaven and hell should you be mourning at all? What i mean to say is that if you know someone is good, then they have gone to heaven and you should be happy they're in a better place! And if someone was bad then they have gone to hell, so again shouldn't you be happy they got what they deserve? right? Doesn't God always do the right thing? So then why mourn if you have faith in him?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Prayer doesn't work for anyone.
I find your statement needs to specifically be filed under the,

“WGSWYT,” Category.

[Who Gives a Sh** What You Think]

I really struggled on where to file your statement. I thought perhaps it would be best in then “IDC,” Category.[It Doesn’t Count]. Then decided the WGSWYT was a better fit.

Thank you for your contribution.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Please pray for my liver to grow faster than the disease is eating it. I can't have a transplant.
***Traditionally we have viewed disease as a degenerative process. Disease, however, is better understood when
viewed as dis-ease in the human body. Dis-ease means "without ease." For example, when we suffer the
symptoms of a pinched nerve or nutritional deficiencies the mind and body are in dis-ease. Health is not
merely the absence of disease; health is when every part of the body is working together effortlessly, relaxed,
and at ease.

http://www.paxtonchiropracticwellness.com/Res... ***

I would gladly Pray for you G, and would you also Pray for yourself? Would you be able to feel GOD within you and let HIM take control, and put your body back at ease?

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-he... is a link to 14 foods to help the liver (GOD given foods, I might add); could you start (or have you started) to naturally cleanse your liver?

Can you let go of that which holds anger within you and let yourself feel Peace? I know you can love ~ your Ferrets tell me so :)... Can you love yourself?

Can you look into your eyes in the mirror and learn how to love what you see? Can you know that tomorrow, your heart will be able to feel love and to laugh with laughter?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. hi ya, doll. Some people are incapable of empathy, something is wrong with their brain ..
ha, ha, ha, ha Hello Cather1.

Get on that donkey cowboy and ride off into the sunset.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>mmmh; I have often heard people say that their departed loved ones would have been proud of their funerals, we choose their favourite songs, and we now celebrate their lives in a different way. I guess I am a bit more reflective since my sojourn to my birth place and my
spiritual journey, as such :)
My mother always said, "Give me my flowers now, don't wait until I am dead."

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not share the fascination of gawking over someones lifeless shell , or the preservation of bones either.
But much has to do with cost , it is a waste of much money to
be mummified as compared to 1/10th the price for cremation.
That's about 9,000 dollars that would better be served by leaving it to a loved one and toss my dust in the wind!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 129,861 - 129,880 of223,064
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

396 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 min ocxz 114,558
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min VIKING 716,131
Women hate disabled men and find them disgusting (Sep '08) 6 min luomin1990 63
Safewow wow mounts and wow gears/pets On Hot Sale 38 min Cheap and fast wow mounts 1
Do you think older men like to be with teen girls? (Sep '09) 40 min luomin1990 245
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 48 min Sami1963 325
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 55 min Cisco Kid 529,750
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 255,614
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr andet1987 93,157
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr Shut-Up 60
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••