Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#134914 Nov 3, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
"Barbers" is not singular.
Who said it was butthead?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#134915 Nov 3, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
So you've recognized a problem. Many people lack empathy and a healthy respect for life. This will be more prevalent in areas stricken by poverty and political instability. It all boils down to access to resources of various kinds. One resource is good parents. Good parents come from good societies. Good societies require natural resources and a populace educated well enough to recognize the need for a representative government. Another resource we need is information. Knowing the history of humans informs us on what was successful and what wasn't. If children must work in order to survive, they aren't learning about history. You can see how important resources are in determining the performance of a society. Solving this problem of a lack of empathy (you say love) in people must in some way start with assessing available resources and looking for ways to increase access to them.
Yes, I agree with most of what you said, but I think this problem has nothing to do with poverty etc because it's not the poor people who are bombing innocent children in foreign countries, that's just one example. This 'disease' doesn't discriminate between race, class, age, sex etc....I think everybody needs to learn empathy/love.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#134916 Nov 3, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
The arrogance of man(kind)! What pressures are on elephants to change?? How about the way they were slaughtered for the ivory to start with? Why is it that only man(kind) could make guns to kill the animals, even though we evolved from the same origins? Why hasn't any other living being been as awful as man(kind) in their useless killing sprees?
Look at what has been achieved in the last 200 years in the life of man(kind) and look what has been achieved in the lives of animals over millions of years and again, look at the arrogance of man(kind) thinking only man(kind) had the need to evolve into what is on life today.
You are not very knowledgeable on the subject and I don't want to sit here and beat you up over it.

Here is a very simple way to explain evolution. If you really needed a job and the only job out there was bagging groceries, what would you do? You would learn to bag groceries or die from starvation.

Some time later, a job as a rocket scientist opens up and your bagging job ends. Can you be a rocket scientist? No, so you are in trouble. Jenny could, so she took the job and lived on.

Right before you die, you find a job as a cashier! Lucky for you, you can learn that job and you survive another day.

Unfortunately, evolution takes a very long time, not 200 years.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#134917 Nov 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In your particular example I would say just send the money.
Why can't you answer the questions asked? All that you had to say was, "Prayers do not work, you have to use you noggin."

Southern Illinois

#134918 Nov 3, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
What has any of that got to do with religion or vices?
Rich you should know by now that I'm picking on you because one you are a good sport, two you're an as**ole, three you're fu**ed up.

It has nothing to do with religion or vices. It has everything to do with you being a munchkin. Youíre like a chew toy for a German Shepherd. That Sir is why I love you so much and you take it so well.

Maybe one day we can sit down and have a cup of coffee and laugh about it.

Location hidden

#134919 Nov 3, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew it! You have no idea why things need wings to fly!
Hint: It's not angels holding things to the planet.
lllol

Hey Kitten! But why do birds even need to exist? You said they have wings for a reason (to fly) and i'm sure they need to fly for a reason! so why do they exist then? could you give me a reason?

Thanks!

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#134920 Nov 3, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree with most of what you said, but I think this problem has nothing to do with poverty etc because it's not the poor people who are bombing innocent children in foreign countries, that's just one example. This 'disease' doesn't discriminate between race, class, age, sex etc....I think everybody needs to learn empathy/love.
We can either generalize and look at the larger picture, or examine instances on a case by case basis.

In general, poverty is a primary cause of unethical behavior. If we are concerned with decreasing unethical behavior, one of the ways to make systematic improvements is to decrease poverty. But that's just one piece in a huge complex puzzle.

Humanity would be better off if everyone was guided and shown the importance of empathy. Here's your homework. How do we do that?

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#134921 Nov 3, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the same as the poor here in America. They're always the ones that have the most babies then live off the gub'ment dime.
They got no money for food, but they always seem to have money for drugs....
Pisses me off.
Vote for Obama. Same sex marriages usually don't produce babies. Glad to have you aboard, RR.

Southern Illinois

#134922 Nov 3, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you answer the questions asked? All that you had to say was, "Prayers do not work, you have to use you noggin."
What I said, if you will pull your head out of your a** and listen.

Prayers will not work for you, a Infidel.

Spray some WD-40 on that squeaky wheel chair. Soak those brakes down too. Then take a ride down a steep hill and try em out.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#134923 Nov 3, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I sense somebody hidingbehindyou.

Long Beach, CA

#134924 Nov 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rich you should know by now that I'm picking on you because one you are a good sport, two you're an as**ole, three you're fu**ed up.
It has nothing to do with religion or vices. It has everything to do with you being a munchkin. Youíre like a chew toy for a German Shepherd. That Sir is why I love you so much and you take it so well.
I'd rather spend two weeks in Tegucigalpa.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#134925 Nov 3, 2012
Gosh. I am sure you are a sweet lady but you are really making yourself look stupid here. Perhaps trolling on the atheist forum isn't such a good idea for you. Naive is being generous in describing you.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Do you only mourn your lost loved ones at the grave site? Lord knows, when I talk about my Mother and our last hours together, I cry..... even in the office. Never thought of the grave site as the mourning site, I thought of it as more the burying of the vessel, but there you go, you have totally misunderstood my reckoning. Probably 'cause I can't fathom lack of Faith. Period.
The point to in the clip is that the animals go back to that tree every year, when the fruit is ripe, and that they have inbuilt sense of time. To me, that says much about GOD and our DNA, but it went totally over your head.
Probably because you have little faith, and see things differently than I do?

Location hidden

#134926 Nov 3, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
We can either generalize and look at the larger picture, or examine instances on a case by case basis.
In general, poverty is a primary cause of unethical behavior. If we are concerned with decreasing unethical behavior, one of the ways to make systematic improvements is to decrease poverty. But that's just one piece in a huge complex puzzle.
Humanity would be better off if everyone was guided and shown the importance of empathy. Here's your homework. How do we do that?
nooooooo! sir, don't give me more homework, i'm already stuck on my maths one! lol

believing in santa, that's the only thing i can think of! i love him!!! lol. I don't think we can change the world, but we can try to be good ourselves and try to educate our family and children etc so that they also become good!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#134927 Nov 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Why wouldn't an atheist go to a grave site and place flowers on a family member's grave?
<quoted text>
Don't they believe when you're dead, you're dead! What would be the point in going to the gravesite? You could just put the flowers in a vase and feel sad there just as easily as anywhere else.

Southern Illinois

#134928 Nov 3, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather spend two weeks in Tegucigalpa.
My, my, my, so you have been playing double fiddle. Ha, ha, ha, ha. No wonder Happy Lesbo was trying to gain an apology from me, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Arenít you the cleaver of cleavers. Ha, ha, ha, ha.

You freakazoid, implant, donkey rider. How many times did you take the bar exam before you passed?

You donít even qualify as a staff attorney. A bottom of the bottom dwellers in the legal system. You probably just handle bail bonds.

Buy a bicycle and donate the donkey to a kids museum.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#134929 Nov 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What I said, if you will pull your head out of your a** and listen.
Prayers will not work for you, a Infidel.
Spray some WD-40 on that squeaky wheel chair. Soak those brakes down too. Then take a ride down a steep hill and try em out.
Prayer doesn't work for anyone.

Location hidden

#134930 Nov 3, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I sense somebody hidingbehindyou.
lol r saying i'm Hiding again, coz i was talkin a bit better and not lik dis? i'm NOT Hiding? I swear it on my life!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#134931 Nov 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW Show me one post where I have lied.

Long Beach, CA

#134932 Nov 3, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Prayer doesn't work for anyone.
Especially not for Eagle.

He doesn't have a prayer.

Long Beach, CA

#134933 Nov 3, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
lol r saying i'm Hiding again, coz i was talkin a bit better and not lik dis? i'm NOT Hiding? I swear it on my life!
That's better.

Watch out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dihydrocodeine Can you buy online. ?? (Jan '14) 5 min pete 11
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min ROCCO 739,575
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Seraphima 542,569
FIFA 15 Working Keys 7 min Posnez 1
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 9 min Isb 849
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 10 min yon 3,105
The Anti-Christ 15 min Bev Jamison 4
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 44 min Charlie Sheen 259,525
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Innocent Holy dr ... 601,093
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr Joana 150

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••