Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#134842 Nov 3, 2012
badsis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Look an idiot who things that if someone's an atheist, they must follow and believe all the discovery channel science shows.
This is what i'm talking about. Putting my faith in someone that believes the crap that you do and still feel that we, as a society will still continue to improve over time is much more tougher than thumping a book that is based on fear and magical powers.
Don't know why "Christian's" always have to run their mouths about atheists. Don't you people have the Muslim's and Satanist you have to pray for and save? Don't forget to protect the Jews. That who your whole religion was stolen from.
{LOL. Look an idiot who things that if someone's an atheist}

Me things you are an idiot. Why me things that??? Could be the thing you said. If you are going to call someone an idiot. Get the thing right.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#134848 Nov 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a bloody forum. A informal place to share thoughts and opinions. But you may continue your side freak shows. Itís so entertaining.
For you Eagle, it's a place to show your lack of education and your unwillingness to make any effort to listen and learn.

All you want to do is try to be humorous with sarcasm.

It's not working. Its not funny.

You just look foolish.

Long Beach, CA

#134850 Nov 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you go to a business meeting. How do you get up to the table? Do you use a barbers chair and a booster?
Your first "statement" is not a complete sentence.

In your second sentence, it should be barber's, not barbers.

And do you think your question is a funny one?

Or are you sharing your "thoughts and opinions"?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#134853 Nov 3, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry...happens all the time.
I can be more boring, but I don't have time right now.
I'll just ask a question. If a person had a brain tumor that made them have fantasies about having sex with dead people, is that person evil? Without that tumor, they would be considered "normal" and "mentally healthy".(There's a reason I put those words in quotes)
We have bonfires in America all the time. We don't need a special day for that.
Honesty, I donít think youíre boring! Listening to girls at Uni who randomly and constantly keep complimenting themselves; that is bloody boring! I think you guys are interesting, trust me I wouldnít be here if I didnít.
I would say that person is not well and needs to see a doctor, but his/her fantasy is evil. I think you are making this simpler than it is and I donít actually understand your point? Itís like youíre saying Hitler only killed Jews because he had a tumour in his head which made him do that. So you want me to feel sorry for Hitler? You want me to tell the Jews to forgive him as he was unwell? Itís what youíre saying that these evil people use in court, they always say we didnít know what we were doing, weíre mad and then they get sent to a mental institute instead of prison. Most of these people are evil because they know exactly what they are doing; Iím not going to feel sorry for them.
I tell you what happened in India, itís a true story from my auntieís village. This woman got married and she wasnít able to have a baby, so she went to an Indian priest and he said you have to kill a male child and wash yourself over his body. She and her husband abducted an 8 or 10yr old child from my auntieís village and did exactly that, the police found the boyís body mashed up at the bottom of the well. No way, NEVER am I going to feel sorry for thoseÖÖÖÖ..you believe it or not but to me they are evil in my eyes. These people were not mentally ill they didnít go mad and kill their own child for no reason; they killed someone elseís child to get one of their own. They knew exactly what they were doing!

REALLY? we only have 3 bonfires in india and 1 in english culture that i know of!

Southern Illinois

#134854 Nov 3, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Prayer helps? I don't understand. How does that work? Does god take a tally and if enough 'true' christians pray for the same thing, he grants it? If one really good christian prays really hard, he grants it? What if one really good christian prays for something, but 100 so so christians pray for the opposite; what does god do then?
For instance; the storm, how many christians prayed that it would hit New Jersey, instead of going out to sea?
Which gets the victims more?
1. Send $5
2. Pray
3. Send $5 and pray.
If I pray for all the victims, will god help them all equally or will he help the best christian first, the so so christians next, then the ones who claim to be christian, but secretly are not, then all the other beliefs, then Atheists? Or does he leave some people out?
I lost power for 7 days, after a storm. The entire neighborhood, which includes two christian churches and a synagogue, lost power, as well. Was it my fault that we were without power for so long? Or was it that not enough, good christians, prayed for us?
In your particular example I would say just send the money.

I just canít help but wonder how many arrogant people disregarded the warnings. I lived in Houston and experienced Hurricanes. Every year I would put together a disaster kit with enough provisions for 10 days. This was done months before Hurricane Season started.

I took it very serious because there was always a chance I would be stuck at work. My work was near the coast. I wanted to know my family had everything they needed to survive including first aid supplies.

We have early warning these days. Plenty of time in most cases to get ready and evacuate if necessary. The problem Civil Authorities come against. People donít believe. They donít have faith that what they are being told is the truth.

God gave us a noggin right? The people of New Orleans didnít take it Katrina serious enough as well as their leadership. They were very poorly prepared. Is that Gods fault?

My opinion is since these type storms rarely ever happen in the North East. That preparations at all levels was not adequate. People get complacent. Government makes a half ass effort every year just so they can say they have a plan.
Is that Gods fault?

Every family in America needs to have a disaster kit. With enough food and water for at least a week. We are all subject to some kind of a disaster. Now to the issue of prayer. Since you donít pray and donít believe in prayer. You will never see what prayer can do. Thereís no need to try and sell you on the power of prayer.

It would be a waste of time. In my life prayer has worked many, many times. In your life it doesnít or wonít work because of unbelief.

I bet when in comes to a disaster youíre not prepared right now. I donít live in Hurricane country anymore but I have a disaster kit that even includes a 8 person tent. Even if I lose everything, Iím going to have the basics which includes a dry place to sleep.

Location hidden

#134855 Nov 3, 2012
Mirror Mirror Face wrote:
<quoted text>You question is based on you not understanding evil and trying to put it in your terms and not God's. If Jews had escaped the concentration camps and were freed, then came back and killed millions of Germans would they be evil? Okay, if 65 years later, Jews were still going into Germany and killing Germans because of the millions of Jews that were killed would that be evil?
Now, we have Adam and Eve, they brought evil into humankind, so was Cain evil when he murdered his brother, by simply acting upon the nature that he inherited? So, are white people evil, because of slavery in America, apartheid in South Africa, dropping two Atomic bombs on Japan and the extermination of the Jews in Germany?
yes, to me all those things are evil! don't you think they are?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#134856 Nov 3, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Honesty, I donít think youíre boring! Listening to girls at Uni who randomly and constantly keep complimenting themselves; that is bloody boring! I think you guys are interesting, trust me I wouldnít be here if I didnít.
I would say that person is not well and needs to see a doctor, but his/her fantasy is evil. I think you are making this simpler than it is and I donít actually understand your point? Itís like youíre saying Hitler only killed Jews because he had a tumour in his head which made him do that. So you want me to feel sorry for Hitler? You want me to tell the Jews to forgive him as he was unwell? Itís what youíre saying that these evil people use in court, they always say we didnít know what we were doing, weíre mad and then they get sent to a mental institute instead of prison. Most of these people are evil because they know exactly what they are doing; Iím not going to feel sorry for them.
I tell you what happened in India, itís a true story from my auntieís village. This woman got married and she wasnít able to have a baby, so she went to an Indian priest and he said you have to kill a male child and wash yourself over his body. She and her husband abducted an 8 or 10yr old child from my auntieís village and did exactly that, the police found the boyís body mashed up at the bottom of the well. No way, NEVER am I going to feel sorry for thoseÖÖÖÖ..you believe it or not but to me they are evil in my eyes. These people were not mentally ill they didnít go mad and kill their own child for no reason; they killed someone elseís child to get one of their own. They knew exactly what they were doing!
REALLY? we only have 3 bonfires in india and 1 in english culture that i know of!
Dont many families in India kill the female children because thay are useless? Dont they give them away to other family members as slaves so they can focus on the male children?

Did you know in New York you can make the decision at 13 y/o to kill your unborn child but not at any age can you make the decision to supersize your soda?

What kind of a world do we live in Clementia?

Southern Illinois

#134857 Nov 3, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first "statement" is not a complete sentence.
In your second sentence, it should be barber's, not barbers.
And do you think your question is a funny one?
Or are you sharing your "thoughts and opinions"?
If you are going to pretend you are a authority in grammar. At the very least get it right. No, barberís (singular) was correct. As far as my first ďstatement.Ē I donít give a red hair rats ass.

Get on your little donkey with itís little hat and ride off to traffic court.

Southern Illinois

#134858 Nov 3, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
For you Eagle, it's a place to show your lack of education and your unwillingness to make any effort to listen and learn.
All you want to do is try to be humorous with sarcasm.
It's not working. Its not funny.
You just look foolish.
Hey look Muchacho, I donít take advice from lawyers who get paid in chickens.

Get on your little donkey, with its little hat and vamonos down the road. Telegas Vato, that means giddy up and go.
When you riding that poor beast of burden. Pick your damn feet up. You look stupid with your feet dragging the ground.

Next time you show up at court. Ditch the damn sandals and get you a nice pair of converse tennis shoes.

Location hidden

#134860 Nov 3, 2012
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont many families in India kill the female children because thay are useless? Dont they give them away to other family members as slaves so they can focus on the male children?
Did you know in New York you can make the decision at 13 y/o to kill your unborn child but not at any age can you make the decision to supersize your soda?
What kind of a world do we live in Clementia?
it's true they kill girls coz they want boys! they r sick! if they don't kill the girl they get her married at 13 or something, when i say married i mean sell.

i know i know i know i know people do evil things!!!!! we live in a world that is sooooooo beautiful, but it's ruined by evil people!

Southern Illinois

#134861 Nov 3, 2012
<quoted text>Catcher is Happy Lesbo so she has gender issues and a MPD.
Well, I don't know, how can you be sure.

Anyway, I want to thank you for all your help.

God Bless!

Long Beach, CA

#134862 Nov 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to pretend you are a authority in grammar. At the very least get it right. No, barberís (singular) was correct. As far as my first ďstatement.Ē I donít give a red hair rats ass.
Get on your little donkey with itís little hat and ride off to traffic court.
Your first statement is not a sentence.

And that's what I said, barber's, not barbers. Pay attention.

You sap you.

And oh, you got it wrong in your last sentence: Its (possessive), not it's.

You sap.

Southern Illinois

#134864 Nov 3, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
it's true they kill girls coz they want boys! they r sick! if they don't kill the girl they get her married at 13 or something, when i say married i mean sell.
i know i know i know i know people do evil things!!!!! we live in a world that is sooooooo beautiful, but it's ruined by evil people!
As one who has lived in India. How do you feel about Pakistan?

Long Beach, CA

#134865 Nov 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey look Muchacho, I donít take advice from lawyers who get paid in chickens.
Get on your little donkey, with its little hat and vamonos down the road. Telegas Vato, that means giddy up and go.
When you riding that poor beast of burden. Pick your damn feet up. You look stupid with your feet dragging the ground.
Next time you show up at court. Ditch the damn sandals and get you a nice pair of converse tennis shoes.
I won't even bother to point out all your mistakes in this post.

And your continued racist references are beneath dignity.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#134867 Nov 3, 2012
TIM SHlELDS wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, they are evil. The reason for it, does not make it less evil. That said, homosexuality is evil, even though it often comes form evil, child abuse. Pedophilia is still evil, if thought often the pedophile was herself or himself abused as a child.
Is sex before marrige evil? What about oral sex? Masturbation sure must be evil to waste that seed of life. What about fantasising about your neighbors wife or husband surely that cant be good in the eyes of the good lord Hey Zeus Christopher.

Yes yes were all goin to hell......... See you there, and bring your own sunscreen..........

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#134873 Nov 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Penguins can fly but not for very long. About ľ of a second.
A bit longer than an elephant. LOL

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#134874 Nov 3, 2012
<quoted text>Lesbo also does the grammar correction thing, whenever she can not beat a poster in debate. Good job, she/they/it are whipped and defeated.
Nobody will talk to my poor wittle boi. Hims seems so wonewy, yes he duuuuuuuhs. It's OK wittle boi. Maybe Tim Shields will talk to you.

I'll get hims a big meaty bone to lick on.

Location hidden

#134875 Nov 3, 2012
TIM SHlELDS wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, they are evil. The reason for it, does not make it less evil. That said, homosexuality is evil, even though it often comes form evil, child abuse. Pedophilia is still evil, if thought often the pedophile was herself or himself abused as a child.
ok now i don't think i agree! i don't think homosexuality is evil, they not harming anyone coz they gay! why did u think that?

Location hidden

#134876 Nov 3, 2012
<quoted text>Pakistan and Indians are the same people and so are people from Bangladesh. The only two differences are religion and political alliances. I lived in Bangladesh for a short period.
yh the english and the french are the same too! llllol. how can u say that?ok i admit that all the human race is one species, but coz of genetics, gene pool etc etc etc we have different races!!!!

indian is sooo big and different it is split up into soo many different sections coz of the different races within it! we look different, have different languages, different food, different culture, different belief etc etc etc

Location hidden

#134877 Nov 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
As one who has lived in India. How do you feel about Pakistan?
i lived in india for 2yrs after i was born lol i was a baby, but yh coz of family in India i'm really connected to it!

I don't really know what to say about pakistan! what do you mean what do i feel? i think all governments are corrupt!!! i do think though that pakistan is responsible for alot of the terrorism and things and honestly i wouldn't want to live there!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min dirty white boy- 765,183
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Rosesz 555,090
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min Charlie Sheen 263,632
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min mike 603,710
How many hubbies enjoy sloppy seconds from thei... 24 min annmssb 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lyndi 175,053
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 1 hr Ed Teach 69
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr Rozan 1,189

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE