Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
129,761 - 129,780 of 226,355 Comments Last updated 34 min ago

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#134810 Nov 3, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
flying monkeys are far more likely than unicorns, giants, and angels holding everything to the planet ... of course, to you, those things are perfectly logical since the bible says they exist.

A monkey can fly , in fact one even orbited the Earth .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkeys_in_space

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#134811 Nov 3, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I know. I prefer them. I miss the feel of the pages and getting lost in them. Devouring them. Stopping and going back to read just that one part over and over so the rest of a chapter or entire book became so clear. I only recently acquired an ebook reader. I resisted for a really long time.

You see, my eyes.... I guess I've worn them out.

I'm just a regular guy and have no insurance and what I need in order to really read a book again is beyond my means when I've got a son and too many other things to pay for and take care of. It's just the close in stuff, I can still see leaves on trees move in the slightest breeze from a long way off on a hazy day.

Okay, enough of the forlorn longing and dramatic wording...

LULZ...on a comp or reader I can magnify the crap out of them, so I finally gave in.

I'll get them fixed one day.

Today's my sharpening day for saws, axes, machetes and such, they're still good for that. Plus, I can do that with my eyes closed.

If it was only that way for books, that's what I'd be doing. Yeah, I miss the paper.
I like not having to hold the pages open when I'm eating and being able to instantly look words up and go back and forth between footnotes.

Ebooks are also a lot easier when exercising on an elliptical machine or exercise bike.

I like being able to review a book and then, when I decide I want it, just click "buy".

I can also read in bed without the lights on.

And I read white text on a black background. It's easier on the eyes and the battery.

I don't like the battery going dead on the middle of something when I'm not around power, and the kindle is not great in sunlight. The nook is better for that.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#134812 Nov 3, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.wptz.com/news/natio nal/Asian-elephant-appears-to- talk/-/8869978/17236542/-/fusd 94/-/index.html

Elephants can talk.
They're one up on you.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#134813 Nov 3, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>That is the limit of your knowledge, you know that elephants cannot fly; therefore, evolution is a false belief system.

Bloody brilliant!
You obviously forgot Dumbo.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#134814 Nov 3, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you people insist on proving how little you know and understand?
What pressures are on elephants to change?
How many different species of elephants have there been?
Have they always lived where they are now?
What exactly do you know about the history of elephants?
The arrogance of man(kind)! What pressures are on elephants to change?? How about the way they were slaughtered for the ivory to start with? Why is it that only man(kind) could make guns to kill the animals, even though we evolved from the same origins? Why hasn't any other living being been as awful as man(kind) in their useless killing sprees?

Look at what has been achieved in the last 200 years in the life of man(kind) and look what has been achieved in the lives of animals over millions of years and again, look at the arrogance of man(kind) thinking only man(kind) had the need to evolve into what is on life today.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#134815 Nov 3, 2012
CoNoneDrum wrote:
<quoted text>I believe I have faith, but I don't believe I have enough faith to have total faith in what I believe, or something like that.
Ok, Dave.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#134816 Nov 3, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone's a lesbian!

Oh crap, did I just out myself?
I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

#134817 Nov 3, 2012
CoNoneDrum wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe I have faith, but I don't believe I have enough faith to have total faith in what I believe, or something like that.
We each have the same measure of faith to begin with, but like an unwatered plant, faith will wither and die ..... the proof of that is in the puddings :)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#134818 Nov 3, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my question.
Are you more upset about murder or necrophilia?
The woman who was brutally murdered didn't experience anything but a brutal murder. If the body was molested afterwards, she didn't experience that.
I don't think necrophilia is any more evil than having a foot fetish. People don't generally need to break laws to fulfill a fantasy of sucking someone's toes. If you wanna f_ck a dead body, though, you're probably going to break some laws. When they do, they should be held accountable. Sometimes people have fantasies and urges that they should not realize because they are unethical. They probably aren't choosing to have these fantasies or urges, they just have them. We don't know how many people have fantasies or urges, that if acted upon, would be unethical. Are they evil for having them? Most people behave themselves, no matter what they daydream about. Those that cross the line should be held accountable for crossing the line, not for being "freaks" or "evil".
hey! sorry about last night i fell asleep again talking to you! i'm not saying you're boring!!! lol. I was just too tired!

I thought i did answer your question. I said i was upset about those women being killed!!!!!!!!!!but i think necrophilia is a disgusting fantasy and yes they are evil for thinking like that! How can you even think about giving someone soo much pain? first you loose someone you love and then you find out their body was dug up and raped (i keep saying that but is that the right word to use?)

yh but how can you have fantasies and urges that are unethical? I don't think i have any fantasies like that, so it's hard for me to think how anyone could? to me these people are like evil monsters out of a hollywood film or something!

ok i going to watch the new spiderman, been out all day getting stuff for bonfire night, i'm soo excited! do u guys in america do anything for it? ok talk to u guys later!

Location hidden

#134819 Nov 3, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>:(
what? what have i done? i can't take the silence no more!!! lol. just spit it out!!!!

#134820 Nov 3, 2012
*** The first known turtles existed 200 million years ago.

* There are approximately 300 species of turtles.

* Turtles live on every continent except Antarctica.

* Turtles are cold-blooded. One way they regulate their temperature is by basking.

http://www.indianaturtlecare.com/Facts.html ****

Turtles didn't need how to learn how to protect themselves either, even in 200 million years! Yeah, right, only an ape wanted to become a man!! Makes heaps of sense to me....

Location hidden

#134821 Nov 3, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You nailed it.
People who do this sort of thing are sick. They suffer from very serious mental illness. And they become unpredictable and highly dangerous.
And of course, we can't discount the harm done to the family of the deceased, who suffer an indignity as horrible as can be imagined. Here in California, we had a case in which the owners of a cemetery, with a profit motive, had their employees dig up interred bodies so they could use the graves again. They did it over and over for years, until they were unmasked. So family members sued, and the courts dealt with the defendants very harshly, with a huge award of punitive damages.
I watched a documentary about this guy in America, I think he was a dentist before but then he went into the funeral business thing (i don't know what u call them) and he was digging up the bodies and removing parts and selling them to hospitals! he replaced the bones with like drain pipes!!! and u know what made me evenmore angry? he's wasn't sorry about it, he kept saying well the hospitals knew about it too, u think nobody knew about what i was doing? it's like just coz they wrong too that doesn't me u were right to do that stuff!

some people are twisted!! Can the government not make a test or something that everyone has to take to check if they mad or not? so then they can keep an eye on these kinds of people and make sure they don't carry out any of their sick fantasies, for the fun of it, profit or for any other reason!!

Location hidden

#134822 Nov 3, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>He didn't kill the 17 year old. At least I don't think he did, as he was sentenced to probation for it. He assaulted her.
Anyways, didn't you know, he became a literal new person after being born again in christ.
oh so now u talking to me? well i'm :( with u!

evil people can't change i tell u, not in my eyes anyway, coz i never seen it happen either! If jesus wants to forgive a rapist, peadophile or someone who tortures or kills innocent people well that's up to him! everyone has their own opinion.

Location hidden

#134823 Nov 3, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Clementia :)
you're welcome!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#134825 Nov 3, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>We each have the same measure of faith to begin with, but like an unwatered plant, faith will wither and die ..... the proof of that is in the puddings :)
I like chocolate.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Embrace the grey.

#134826 Nov 3, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
hey! sorry about last night i fell asleep again talking to you! i'm not saying you're boring!!! lol. I was just too tired!
I thought i did answer your question. I said i was upset about those women being killed!!!!!!!!!!but i think necrophilia is a disgusting fantasy and yes they are evil for thinking like that! How can you even think about giving someone soo much pain? first you loose someone you love and then you find out their body was dug up and raped (i keep saying that but is that the right word to use?)
yh but how can you have fantasies and urges that are unethical? I don't think i have any fantasies like that, so it's hard for me to think how anyone could? to me these people are like evil monsters out of a hollywood film or something!
ok i going to watch the new spiderman, been out all day getting stuff for bonfire night, i'm soo excited! do u guys in america do anything for it? ok talk to u guys later!
Don't worry...happens all the time.

I can be more boring, but I don't have time right now.

I'll just ask a question. If a person had a brain tumor that made them have fantasies about having sex with dead people, is that person evil? Without that tumor, they would be considered "normal" and "mentally healthy".(There's a reason I put those words in quotes)

We have bonfires in America all the time. We don't need a special day for that.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#134829 Nov 3, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone's a lesbian!
Oh crap, did I just out myself?
I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body. LOL

“Love much, trust none”

There

#134830 Nov 3, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
B-oo-ks ... erm ... never heard of them.
"Call me Ishmael."

“Love much, trust none”

There

#134831 Nov 3, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I know they can't fly
Neither can penguins.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#134832 Nov 3, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It was a pretty cleaver (that was for you eagle) joke wasn't it?
Very cleaver of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min curiouslu 733,024
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min guest 538,992
Ladies: What is the perfect penis size for you? (Jan '11) 8 min Blck 87
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min Blck 94,673
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 9 min BBS 742
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 11 min Blck 106
White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 13 min Blck 452
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 59 min Black Thunder 42 599,942
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 258,000
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••