Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 239477 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#134886 Nov 3, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
yh the english and the french are the same too! llllol. how can u say that?ok i admit that all the human race is one species, but coz of genetics, gene pool etc etc etc we have different races!!!!
indian is sooo big and different it is split up into soo many different sections coz of the different races within it! we look different, have different languages, different food, different culture, different belief etc etc etc
04Nov12.....

.....With India having 1.18 Billion people and a massive poverty problem, why do they keep having babies!!!!!

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#134887 Nov 3, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
i lived in india for 2yrs after i was born lol i was a baby, but yh coz of family in India i'm really connected to it!
I don't really know what to say about pakistan! what do you mean what do i feel? i think all governments are corrupt!!! i do think though that pakistan is responsible for alot of the terrorism and things and honestly i wouldn't want to live there!!!!!!!!!!
04Nov12.....

.....Would you stand in front of the Leaders of Australia, UK, Ireland, Canada, The Netherlands, Sweden, France and Germany and say that to them???

Ps:....BobLoblah doesn't dink so.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#134888 Nov 3, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>04Nov12.....
.....BobLoblah has also lived and worked in Bangladesh along with India and Pakistan.
Ps:....What did you do to avoid the stink.
Each time BobLoblah left, BobLoblah 'tossed' personal clothing in da rubbish.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
are you being racist or serious?

Location hidden

#134889 Nov 3, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
dw if she randomly compliments herself again, that's it i'm really going to tell her off, i just can't take it anymore!
llllol what name will u 'put' on me? u do know that i call u Mr Blobby in a nice cute way?? am i really offending u?
04Nov12.....

.....Good. Tell'er OFF, but do Not tell'er dat you can't take anymore.

Ps:.....BobLoblah is Not cute....and Yes.

Now, be a goot girl for BobLoblah and dink about BobLoblah when you are in classes haul da dime tooooooooooooo. BobLoblah is on your side.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#134890 Nov 3, 2012
Clementia wrote:
Honesty, I don’t think you’re boring! Listening to girls at Uni who randomly and constantly keep complimenting themselves; that is bloody boring! I think you guys are interesting, trust me I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t.
Are you learning more here than at school?
Clementia wrote:
I would say that person is not well and needs to see a doctor, but his/her fantasy is evil. I think you are making this simpler than it is and I don’t actually understand your point? It’s like you’re saying Hitler only killed Jews because he had a tumour in his head which made him do that.
I don't know what drove him to do what he did. He didn't choose his parents, his birthplace, and had little control over how he was raised. These factors may have helped shape his perceptions and values. The rare combination of factors which culminate in the production of "bad people" is sometimes too complex to accurately disperse blame or responsibility. We call people "evil" when they do "evil" things. I don't find that useful. No person has complete control over who they are. Our social responsibility should be providing relative safety for the populace and to help those that would do it harm, failing that, locking them away for the remainder of their lives.
Clementia wrote:
So you want me to feel sorry for Hitler?
Only as far as you would feel sorry for any dangerous psychopath. If we're going to throw away empathy, there must be some qualitative threshold where that takes place. Since I'm not prepared to draw a line, I choose to treat every human as a human. Hitler and those that followed him did some of the worst things to humanity that have ever happened in recorded history. These bad things are gradually becoming less frequent as humanity progresses, but there are still many roadblocks that impede this progress. Religion is one, but I digress.
Clementia wrote:
You want me to tell the Jews to forgive him as he was unwell?
Nope. My thoughts on forgiveness would take up more space than I have left.
Clementia wrote:
It’s what you’re saying that these evil people use in court, they always say we didn’t know what we were doing, we’re mad and then they get sent to a mental institute instead of prison. Most of these people are evil because they know exactly what they are doing; I’m not going to feel sorry for them.
Responsibility is difficult to map. Instead of placing blame, we should work the problems. If a person has lots of "issues", they should get help, but we should also protect the public. If we can do both things at the same time, shouldn't we?

I don't feel the need to label people as monsters, or things like that, unless they've hurt me or someone I know. Then I have a hard time controlling how I would feel about a person. When I can look at things rationally, I don't see any benefits to dehumanizing people.
Clementia wrote:
I tell you what happened in India, it’s a true story from my auntie’s village. This woman got married and she wasn’t able to have a baby, so she went to an Indian priest and he said you have to kill a male child and wash yourself over his body. She and her husband abducted an 8 or 10yr old child from my auntie’s village and did exactly that, the police found the boy’s body mashed up at the bottom of the well. No way, NEVER am I going to feel sorry for those…………..you believe it or not but to me they are evil in my eyes. These people were not mentally ill they didn’t go mad and kill their own child for no reason; they killed someone else’s child to get one of their own. They knew exactly what they were doing!
REALLY? we only have 3 bonfires in india and 1 in english culture that i know of!
I consider religious indoctrination a type of delusion. They knew exactly what they were doing? I don't think so. They thought a human sacrifice would magically give them a child. If that's not crazy, what is?

Location hidden

#134891 Nov 3, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....With India having 1.18 Billion people and a massive poverty problem, why do they keep having babies!!!!!
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
we don't!!!!!!! that's what i keep telling u guys, india has many races. i'm sikh from punjab we sikhs r only 20million or so in the entire world, we don't breed alot, but south indians do! and also punjab is the wealthiest state in india, so if we want to have more kids we can afford it but we don't!!! why the hell poor south indians who live in slums do, i don't know maybe coz they thick??maybe coz they evil and they think by making more kids they can sell them and make more money????

that's what i keep telling u guys eventhough we all from india we totally different we don't even get married to eachother!!

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#134892 Nov 3, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
ok now i don't think i agree! i don't think homosexuality is evil, they not harming anyone coz they gay! why did u think that?
He read it in a myth somewhere.

Location hidden

#134893 Nov 3, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....Good. Tell'er OFF, but do Not tell'er dat you can't take anymore.
Ps:.....BobLoblah is Not cute....and Yes.
Now, be a goot girl for BobLoblah and dink about BobLoblah when you are in classes haul da dime tooooooooooooo. BobLoblah is on your side.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
lol, u know if she says that those guys are looking at me coz i'm hot, i'm going to say u sure he's look at u and not me? hehehehehehheheheeheheheeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i so want to see the look on her face!

i'm just going to say stuff like that until she stops this, but if that don't work then i'm going to have to sit down and chat to her properly, coz she really hurt one of my other friends who isn't that pretty coz she kept constantly complimenting herself and putting other people down.

awwww thanks Bobloblah!

Location hidden

#134894 Nov 3, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you learning more here than at school?
<quoted text>
I don't know what drove him to do what he did. He didn't choose his parents, his birthplace, and had little control over how he was raised. These factors may have helped shape his perceptions and values. The rare combination of factors which culminate in the production of "bad people" is sometimes too complex to accurately disperse blame or responsibility. We call people "evil" when they do "evil" things. I don't find that useful. No person has complete control over who they are. Our social responsibility should be providing relative safety for the populace and to help those that would do it harm, failing that, locking them away for the remainder of their lives.
<quoted text>
Only as far as you would feel sorry for any dangerous psychopath. If we're going to throw away empathy, there must be some qualitative threshold where that takes place. Since I'm not prepared to draw a line, I choose to treat every human as a human. Hitler and those that followed him did some of the worst things to humanity that have ever happened in recorded history. These bad things are gradually becoming less frequent as humanity progresses, but there are still many roadblocks that impede this progress. Religion is one, but I digress.
<quoted text>
Nope. My thoughts on forgiveness would take up more space than I have left.
<quoted text>
Responsibility is difficult to map. Instead of placing blame, we should work the problems. If a person has lots of "issues", they should get help, but we should also protect the public. If we can do both things at the same time, shouldn't we?
I don't feel the need to label people as monsters, or things like that, unless they've hurt me or someone I know. Then I have a hard time controlling how I would feel about a person. When I can look at things rationally, I don't see any benefits to dehumanizing people.
<quoted text>
I consider religious indoctrination a type of delusion. They knew exactly what they were doing? I don't think so. They thought a human sacrifice would magically give them a child. If that's not crazy, what is?
defo learning more here!!!!! seriously!

i understand what you're saying, maybe if i had lived in their situation i might have been a murderer too! coz i've always been very lucky to be surrounded by morals 24/7, i turned out ok, but i have other problems though coz of the way i was brought up!

but i honestly feel depressed when i hear about these things! i don't like it and i can't handle it!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#134895 Nov 3, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>If you are going to pretend you are a authority in grammar. At the very least get it right. No, barber’s (singular) was correct. As far as my first “statement.” I don’t give a red hair rats ass.

Get on your little donkey with itÂ’s little hat and ride off to traffic court.
"Barbers" is not singular.

Location hidden

#134896 Nov 3, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....Would you stand in front of the Leaders of Australia, UK, Ireland, Canada, The Netherlands, Sweden, France and Germany and say that to them???
Ps:....BobLoblah doesn't dink so.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
i would say it if i thought they did wrong! when in uni we were having discussion about england and the iraq war i said england was wrong to bomb innocent people!!

then in india a big politician came to our house and i said to him i don't associate myself with people like u and gave him a lecture! afterwards he had a word with my mum and said to her "control her tongue, she's started barking too much". lllllol the truth hurts!!!

i have said alot of truthful things about and to evil people! i'm not scared of them in that way!!!!!!i know my God is with me!!!

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#134897 Nov 3, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
defo learning more here!!!!! seriously!
i understand what you're saying, maybe if i had lived in their situation i might have been a murderer too! coz i've always been very lucky to be surrounded by morals 24/7, i turned out ok, but i have other problems though coz of the way i was brought up!
but i honestly feel depressed when i hear about these things! i don't like it and i can't handle it!
It's good to learn.

Whenever we recognize that there are problems in the world, we need to accurately identify these problems, find their causes and work towards ethical solutions that we think will have a positive effect. Subjective cultural values tend to get in the way of that. For that reason, I like Humanist Ethics.

Location hidden

#134898 Nov 3, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
He read it in a myth somewhere.
lol

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#134899 Nov 3, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I like chocolate.
me too.... I don't believe the Cacao tree came from the same 'organism' as the rhinoceros though :)

Location hidden

#134900 Nov 3, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good to learn.
Whenever we recognize that there are problems in the world, we need to accurately identify these problems, find their causes and work towards ethical solutions that we think will have a positive effect. Subjective cultural values tend to get in the way of that. For that reason, I like Humanist Ethics.
the main problem i feel is that there isn't alot of love in the world. i really believe love is the only way this world is going to change. i think all schools really need to start teaching children to love one and another, we have to get it into kids minds at a young age so it sticks there! i went to lovely school and that is what we were always taught, u wouldn't even believe how nice the teachers and students were!

#134901 Nov 3, 2012
Mirror Mirror Face wrote:
<quoted text>You have no evidence that turtles exist 200 million years ago. You at best have evidence that turtle existed. Evidence that turtles existed, is not evidence as to when they existed. No, you forget that man's oldest so-called relative is the Jurassic rat, 195 million years old, so a rat wanted to become man too.
sorry you don't believe the scientists when they say how old turtles are....... if I have no evidence, then they flipping well don't either!!

Well Said..... good posting, and if a rat wanted to become a man, perhaps he succeeded 'cause there are some real rats in this world!!

#134902 Nov 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither can penguins.
Did they just stop evolving and decided they were happy as they are? Would it be insulting the intelligence of a Penguin saying they had no further need to progress? Wouldn't one assume they would like to win the battle with the seals and be able to protect their young?

I do believe in adaption or extinction.....

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#134903 Nov 3, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
we don't!!!!!!! that's what i keep telling u guys, india has many races. i'm sikh from punjab we sikhs r only 20million or so in the entire world, we don't breed alot, but south indians do! and also punjab is the wealthiest state in india, so if we want to have more kids we can afford it but we don't!!! why the hell poor south indians who live in slums do, i don't know maybe coz they thick??maybe coz they evil and they think by making more kids they can sell them and make more money????
that's what i keep telling u guys eventhough we all from india we totally different we don't even get married to eachother!!
That's the same as the poor here in America. They're always the ones that have the most babies then live off the gub'ment dime.

They got no money for food, but they always seem to have money for drugs....

Pisses me off.

#134904 Nov 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
A bit longer than an elephant. LOL
hehehe.... what if you put the elephant in a catapult?

Location hidden

#134905 Nov 3, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the same as the poor here in America. They're always the ones that have the most babies then live off the gub'ment dime.
They got no money for food, but they always seem to have money for drugs....
Pisses me off.
Exactly! there r certain races in india and different castes within sikhs that do different things. i'm not racist but every race is different and we have to say it is!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Gerald 839,942
Why do Women get tattoos when its so ugly! (Sep '11) 6 min tampabayallstar 57
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Anthony MN 590,796
i am board dose anyone want to talk? 24 min set free in truth 25
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 26 min set free in truth 40,532
Is the problem of groping in India over exagger... (Jan '11) 44 min Booblover 480
are shriners really luciferian ??? 48 min set free in truth 10
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 48 min gundee123 100,082
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Mr Ironhart 4,629
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Serah 612,216
More from around the web