Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258479 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#134144 Oct 30, 2012
Christine Creighton wrote:
<quoted text>
Jennifer Lopez was an original fly Girl from in living color. It was freakin funny.
Yes she was, I forgot about that.

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#134145 Oct 30, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, since you didn't seem to understand it the first time, HIV/AIDS travels along lines of discrimination. Black gay men are a double minority, under heavy discrimination. It is not surprising that this is where we see it.
Also, HIV/AIDS is 5X higher in prison, but people refuse to hand out condoms to them because they are wedded to their ideas of abstinence.
I understand it sweetheart, I really do. That's why I quoted the CDC. Now I didn't know it was 5 x higher in prison. As always thank you for the information.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#134146 Oct 30, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
u can have my pretty sari!!!!!!! hehheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeee
what is GENERIC??? u talking about the sweets?
eagle, you idiot, they have generic medication in Britain.
turkey

Oswego, NY

#134147 Oct 30, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! go for it!!try your best! let the games begin!!:)
and how u know i'm not already corrupt?
..Its becoming apparent that you have a jerk magnet.

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#134148 Oct 30, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
eagle, you idiot, they have generic medication in Britain.
What in the hell are you babbling about?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#134154 Oct 30, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand it sweetheart, I really do. That's why I quoted the CDC. Now I didn't know it was 5 x higher in prison. As always thank you for the information.
Oh, ok, sweet :)

My mistake.

My work here is done.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#134155 Oct 30, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, ok, sweet :)
My mistake.
My work here is done.
Not by a long shot.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#134156 Oct 30, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So, thought crimes exist then?
Yes, they do.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#134157 Oct 30, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
All Sandy done was huff and puff and cry all dang day!
And your science couldn't do anything to stop it.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#134158 Oct 30, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
There should be no sex in prisons.
I agree. That way the atheist population will go down.

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#134159 Oct 30, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
There should be no sex in prisons.
Keep them separate. I know wishful thinking. So if you can't stop it you should give them condoms that they will not use.
I would be in favor for “some” prisoners to have Conjugal visits with legal spouses. Some prisons do this and I have no problem with it.

It would be conditional with only the best behaved prisoners qualifying. Those prisoners with discipline issues would be disqualified.

Those incarcerated for sexual crimes would be disqualified.

Anyone with crimes against children would be disqualified.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#134160 Oct 30, 2012
The parades continue because homophobia and discrimination still exist. Don't expect them to cease.
<quoted text>
I'm not really interested in your homophobic, bigoted comments.
Eagle12 wrote:
We are talking disease prevention.
And monogamous, uninfected people cannot pass HIV to their partners. That is true whether they are straight or gay.
Eagle12 wrote:
Wanting people to have healthy productive lives is not bigotry.
It's not "healthy" or "productive" for an adult to abstain from having sex.
Eagle12 wrote:
You would think the gay community would get on board with prevention.
The gay community has always been on board with prevention. But unlike you, they have enough common sense to know that people will not abstain from sex. You live in a dream world.
Eagle12 wrote:
Nope, they are more interested in promoting their flamboyant lifestyle than helping their fellow gay members stay alive.
Again, I'm not interested in hearing your homophobic, bigoted comments. Do you even listen to yourself?

Tampa, FL

#134161 Oct 30, 2012
Clementia, please don't "thank" nano for misrepresenting transsexualism as transvestism. They aren't the same thing.
Clementia wrote:
heheheheheheeeeeee sorry! how was i meant to know? i believe anything u guys tell me! lllllol!
You could always do a little research. Heck, even using Wikipedia wouldn't hurt. It's not perfect, but at least it would give you a basic understanding of the concepts.

Tampa, FL

#134162 Oct 30, 2012
The issue here is what do we mean by "born biologically". A transsexual may feel that their internal feelings as the other sex are as much a part of their biology as their DNA (absence or presence of the Y chromosome). After all, the hormones that affect the fetus during development, which help to determine the brain's concept of its own sex, are as much a part of our biology as our genitals.
Aura Mytha wrote:
So are you telling me you are an expert on how people who feel they are not really the gender they were born with feel?
I'm telling you that I'm capable of reading the scientific research into the issue (which I have done) and I actually listen to people who have lived through this.
Aura Mytha wrote:
And if so why are you happy with your gender?
Because that's the way I was born.

Tampa, FL

#134163 Oct 30, 2012
I also dont agree with calling a television channel BET (black entertainment television) I mean,what would happen if there was a WET channel
BET was created because, at the time, every other channel *was* a WET channel.

Tampa, FL

#134164 Oct 30, 2012
I do believe that we are not going to get rid of prejudices,until we stop labeling or the, pointing out, of them.
And yet, before a time when people pointed out that it was wrong to be prejudiced against blacks, people were still prejudiced against blacks.

So I don't see how ignoring prejudice magically does away with it.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#134165 Oct 30, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
The issue here is what do we mean by "born biologically". A transsexual may feel that their internal feelings as the other sex are as much a part of their biology as their DNA (absence or presence of the Y chromosome). After all, the hormones that affect the fetus during development, which help to determine the brain's concept of its own sex, are as much a part of our biology as our genitals.
<quoted text>
I'm telling you that I'm capable of reading the scientific research into the issue (which I have done) and I actually listen to people who have lived through this.
<quoted text>
Because that's the way I was born.

So you wont be getting sexual reassignment surgery this week?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#134166 Oct 30, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
The parades continue because homophobia and discrimination still exist. Don't expect them to cease.
<quoted text>
I'm not really interested in your homophobic, bigoted comments.
<quoted text>
And monogamous, uninfected people cannot pass HIV to their partners. That is true whether they are straight or gay.
<quoted text>
It's not "healthy" or "productive" for an adult to abstain from having sex.
<quoted text>
The gay community has always been on board with prevention. But unlike you, they have enough common sense to know that people will not abstain from sex. You live in a dream world.
<quoted text>
Again, I'm not interested in hearing your homophobic, bigoted comments. Do you even listen to yourself?
Drew, a bigot is a bigot.

And a stupid bigot cannot be reached.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#134167 Oct 30, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
oh, thanks! u new here?
Can't count, hmm?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#134168 Oct 30, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, since you didn't seem to understand it the first time, HIV/AIDS travels along lines of discrimination. Black gay men are a double minority, under heavy discrimination. It is not surprising that this is where we see it.
Also, HIV/AIDS is 5X higher in prison, but people refuse to hand out condoms to them because they are wedded to their ideas of abstinence.
Link.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Lyndi 17,384
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 (Dec '16) 36 min andet1987 86
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Buck Crick 983,251
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,421
K9.....remembering.... 3 hr knightsdolive 1
getting pregnant by much older man 3 hr knightsdolive 2
Black women White men Dating Site (May '14) 7 hr lovekiki 13
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 hr Robert F 683,926
More from around the web