Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 6,451)

Showing posts 129,001 - 129,020 of218,008
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Pepsi is better than coke”

Since: Mar 11

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
HIV is an equal opportunity sexually infectious disease. This we all know but it is also is found disproportionately among the homosexual groups. Meaning higher number of infections compared to other groups in the general population.
Look, I know sex is a powerful force. But so is infectious diseases. Hepatitis being one of the most prominent out there can easily be transmitted. Not to mentioned the possibility of unwanted pregnancies among heterosexuals.
People need to know the truth. The truth is condoms offer some level of protection but they can tear, become porous, and fail. If people want to take those risk then ok. As long as they know all the facts.
The fact is abstaining offers the highest level of protection. With 50,000 new HIV in the United States alone, and estimated 19 million new STD infections occur each year (CDC).
"This paper outlines aspects of the HIV/AIDS epidemic scenario and the complexities associated with it. It reveals the socio-epidemiological patterns of the epidemic and in doing so identifies the populations with the greatest and fastest growing rates of infection. From the data presented it is evident that the pattern of HIV/AIDS in developing countries in sub-Saharan Africa in particular is unique. The pattern emerging in South Africa follows closely. The features of this pattern are as follows: the epidemic is mainly a heterosexual epidemic, the rates of infection in the general population are very high and the percentage of HIV-positive women is greater than men. An additional unique feature is the young
age of onset of infection for women. These data demonstrate the need to focus our attention on young African women and the factors underpinning their predicament. In order to understand their position we examine the long standing relationship between social inequalities and health in general and further invoke the concepts of vulnerability and social capital to shed light on the position of women in the epidemic.
Within the constraints of limited and problematic statistical data, the paper argues that a mixture and complex interaction of material, social, cultural and behavioural factors shape the nature, process and outcome of the epidemic in South Africa. It concludes with recommendations for the way forward."

http://ehrn.co.za/publications/download/111.p...

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of looks like a frog tossed against a piece of glass :)
My other prof. pic was stolen, so I changed.
Haha yeah it does. And I know, the troll tricked me for a few seconds before I realized it.

“Pepsi is better than coke”

Since: Mar 11

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Haha yeah it does. And I know, the troll tricked me for a few seconds before I realized it.
I'm pretty sure that one is banned now :)

He'll just come up with another one, though - talk about insane.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Haha yeah it does. And I know, the troll tricked me for a few seconds before I realized it.
He didn't fool me.

He's my wittle boi.

I miss him when he's gone.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in first world nations does HIV enjoy higher prevalence among homosexual men - and that's because of discrimination.
HIV/AIDS travels on lines of discrimination. Worldwide, working age heterosexual women have the highest prevalence rates of HIV/AIDS, followed by their infected children and heterosexual lovers.
If you care about the truth you'd do more reading. Start here:
http://www.shi.or.th/upload/SHI_team/%E0%B8%A...
May I refer you to the CDC to get the info here on the States.

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Trolls are like a mean drunk. They just keep coming back, mouthing off and getting their asses kicked...again and again.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot.
The control of STDs requires knowing how people within cultures behave, what kinds of structural barriers they face to obtaining nutrition and health care, and producing accessible and affordable health services, prophylactics and education. STD transmission is enhanced by religious bigotry, discrimination, poverty and gender inequality. The biggest payoffs to reducing STDs lie in making women economically independent from men - check any World Bank or IMF report on the issue.
People like you, with your gross, uninformed blathering add to the problem. Abstinence campaigns do much more harm that good - they're like covering your eyes to avoid the oncoming truck rather than getting out of the way.
But you won't read the World Bank reports, will you? You'll just make more fiction up and tell us how it really is, won't you Moonbeam?
There are parallels between fundie Christians
and the fundie Islamist aka like the Taliban in treatment of women . Just the fundie Christian has to contend with the laws of the west which overrule any theocratic thinking.

But if the fundie christian were left unchecked I'd bet there would be little distinction between the two.
Like these hard liners "just retorts" and the other who who likely pitch all the gay people in a concentration camp.
It sorta makes me sick of religion altogether, but I know most aren't like that.

Just the fundietards. Then we have the evolution is a lie , science rebellion , but they are almost a comical bunch who twist around and kiss their own asses in effort to prove science is wrong. We live in a strange world full of freaks!

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
"This paper outlines aspects of the HIV/AIDS epidemic scenario and the complexities associated with it. It reveals the socio-epidemiological patterns of the epidemic and in doing so identifies the populations with the greatest and fastest growing rates of infection. From the data presented it is evident that the pattern of HIV/AIDS in developing countries in sub-Saharan Africa in particular is unique. The pattern emerging in South Africa follows closely. The features of this pattern are as follows: the epidemic is mainly a heterosexual epidemic, the rates of infection in the general population are very high and the percentage of HIV-positive women is greater than men. An additional unique feature is the young
age of onset of infection for women. These data demonstrate the need to focus our attention on young African women and the factors underpinning their predicament. In order to understand their position we examine the long standing relationship between social inequalities and health in general and further invoke the concepts of vulnerability and social capital to shed light on the position of women in the epidemic.
Within the constraints of limited and problematic statistical data, the paper argues that a mixture and complex interaction of material, social, cultural and behavioural factors shape the nature, process and outcome of the epidemic in South Africa. It concludes with recommendations for the way forward."
http://ehrn.co.za/publications/download/111.p...
The information may still be applicable but it is 10 years old.

Social Science a Medicine 54 (2002)

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Night night campers. Talk to you later.
LINKERS CREW

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

discocrisco wrote:
Maybe, the Christians got it right on the God thing. What they didn't know that is there is intelligent life right and God manifested himself in another way than us.
And there is millions of our civilizations among this universe and millions of ways God revealed himslf to them
But see it was none of business to know how he did it. It is beyond our feeble little minds. Us humans think we are terminally unique. Guess what. We are not. We are little specks in the infinite, large cosmos.
and just think , as the state was and is directly USA Captured on USA FILM as direct GOD FRAUD USA OATH BREAKING EXPOSE CRIM CRIME LIARS AND ATTEMPTED CONCEALS, STATE WAS OPEN GOF FRAUDS ALL THE WAY.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Gives all new meanings to the idea of crazy.
LINKERS CREW

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Trolls are like a mean drunk. They just keep coming back, mouthing off and getting their asses kicked...again and again.
linker, you got it, but when its the truth, ahhhhhhhh yes, their is no finer joy, infact , jump to the directly pub pub posted vids and picsters on repeat MT CONVICT, everytime convicts picture is directly on display right on this forum, th picture goes right off the page. You got it, and its no surprise to watch the state of Montana dirt water frauds directly employed right within its trashy open corrupt crackerklan system of easy USA EXPOSED STATE EMPLOYEE FRAUDS EVEN DIRECTLY KNEEL RIGHT ON THE STATES ACTUAL FORUMS ALL THE TIME !! HA HA HA HA !!!
LINKERS CREW

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Throughout the Bible, biblical writers had warned the people of GOD to be on the look out for an infiltration of false prophets and teachers. Peter writes in the New Testament that these religious fakers secretly bring in destructive heresies (2 Peter 2:1). The idea is that they are stealth-like with the promotion of their theological errors; they bring their false teachings in their churches and deceive the unweary. The Apostle Jude affirms this truth with similar words when he writes, For uncertain men have crept in unnoticed (Jude 4) among us. They are like thieves sneaking into a house at night, but their theft is to steal away doctrinal soundness from the true believers. In addition to these two warnings, Paul's final words to the Ephesian elders were even more vivid when he exhorts them to take heed to themselves and the people they shepherd because, as he puts it, savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock (Acts 20:28, 29). These warnings, and others like them, are even more necessary to heed now then ever before. For the deceit by Christians in the 21st century is even more prevalent than in Paul's time or when the apostles first wrote them. George Orwell once said that in a sea of deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. The proliferation of Christian radio, television networks, and the advent of the internet have given hundreds of inroads for these Christian false teachers to smuggle doctrinal error to congregations of true believers. There are literally hundreds of Christian radio and television para-churches, Christian ministries that pepper the global landscape with their Christian evangelicalism, each one supposedly offering "solid" teaching for the gullible audience. These ministries, acting under the guise of biblical authority, serve up some of the worse spiritual poison imaginable. On top of these broadcast ministries, the internet has given rise to literally thousands of Christian web sites. Some of those "Christian" web sites are so blatantly bad, that people can easily recognise the deceit, while others are less conspicuous, introducing their errors in unsuspecting ways. Now, more than ever, is the time for people who believe in the true GOD of Heaven to be on the alert to those Christians and their phony, man-made god, they call Je-Zeus Christ. These Christians are "spiritual serial-killers" stalking the people of GOD, either in the form of their Christian broadcasts, be it radio, television, published books, or the internet. Their false teaching is deadly serious; because it can damn a persons soul/spirit to everlasting death to those people who are blinded by its errors and deceit never allowing them to understand the truth. It can entangle people with wrong thinking that will rob them of the joy and delight of walking in the light of GOD. Take a good look at the divisions that exist within the Christian churches. Their false teaching has fragmented Christian believers and have disrupted their fellowship with one another. It is all the more reason that true believers of GOD need to cultivate discernment. For the reality of spiritual invasion by those Christian false teachers should cause people to be very weary of them. This is especially true when they encounter the variety of so-called ministries with any of the mediums mentioned above. Because of this ever present danger, people need to question any of those Christian "ministries" or popular Bible teachers on what they preach. All I can say is to be very wary when you hear Christians preach to you in order to protect yourself from their clever deceit, especially those believers who may be uncertain about a specific religion, Christian ministry or so called "Bible" teacher.
LINKERS CREW

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> There are parallels between fundie Christians
and the fundie Islamist aka like the Taliban in treatment of women . Just the fundie Christian has to contend with the laws of the west which overrule any theocratic thinking.
But if the fundie christian were left unchecked I'd bet there would be little distinction between the two.
Like these hard liners "just retorts" and the other who who likely pitch all the gay people in a concentration camp.
It sorta makes me sick of religion altogether, but I know most aren't like that.
Just the fundietards. Then we have the evolution is a lie , science rebellion , but they are almost a comical bunch who twist around and kiss their own asses in effort to prove science is wrong. We live in a strange world full of freaks!
MONTANA IS BLACK MARKED AND USA EXPOSED GOD FRAUDS, Throughout the Bible, biblical writers had warned the people of GOD to be on the look out for an infiltration of false prophets and teachers. Peter writes in the New Testament that these religious fakers secretly bring in destructive heresies (2 Peter 2:1). The idea is that they are stealth-like with the promotion of their theological errors; they bring their false teachings in their churches and deceive the unweary. The Apostle Jude affirms this truth with similar words when he writes, For uncertain men have crept in unnoticed (Jude 4) among us. They are like thieves sneaking into a house at night, but their theft is to steal away doctrinal soundness from the true believers. In addition to these two warnings, Paul's final words to the Ephesian elders were even more vivid when he exhorts them to take heed to themselves and the people they shepherd because, as he puts it, savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock (Acts 20:28, 29). These warnings, and others like them, are even more necessary to heed now then ever before. For the deceit by Christians in the 21st century is even more prevalent than in Paul's time or when the apostles first wrote them. George Orwell once said that in a sea of deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. The proliferation of Christian radio, television networks, and the advent of the internet have given hundreds of inroads for these Christian false teachers to smuggle doctrinal error to congregations of true believers. There are literally hundreds of Christian radio and television para-churches, Christian ministries that pepper the global landscape with their Christian evangelicalism, each one supposedly offering "solid" teaching for the gullible audience. These ministries, acting under the guise of biblical authority, serve up some of the worse spiritual poison imaginable. On top of these broadcast ministries, the internet has given rise to literally thousands of Christian web sites. Some of those "Christian" web sites are so blatantly bad, that people can easily recognise the deceit, while others are less conspicuous, introducing their errors in unsuspecting ways. Now, more than ever, is the time for people who believe in the true GOD of Heaven to be on the alert to those Christians and their phony, man-made god, they call Je-Zeus Christ. These Christians are "spiritual serial-killers" stalking the people of GOD, either in the form of their Christian broadcasts, be it radio, television, published books, or the internet. Their false teaching is deadly serious; because it can damn a persons soul/spirit to everlasting death to those people who are blinded by its errors and deceit never allowing them to understand the truth. It can entangle people with wrong thinking that will rob them of the joy and delight of walking in the light of GOD. Take a good look at the divisions that exist within the Christian churches. Their false teaching has fragmented Christian believers and have disrupted their fellowship with one another. It is all the more reason that true believers of GOD need to cultivate discernment, etc.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't fool me.
He's my wittle boi.
I miss him when he's gone.
Well you are a much more experienced troll hunter than I. The picture got me for a second.
LINKERS CREW

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
in the name and on the blood of christ , your state cant face the truth, and it will continue to be exposed as actual USA GOD FRAUD OATH BREAKING LIRAS DIRECTLY UP AND THROUGH VARIOUS USA SECTIONS INCLUDING CANCER AWARENESS SECTIONS ALL OVER THE USA.
LINKERS CREW

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D FRAUD wrote:
<quoted text>
in the name and on the blood of christ , your state cant face the truth, and it will continue to be exposed as actual USA GOD FRAUD OATH BREAKING LIARS DIRECTLY UP AND THROUGH VARIOUS USA SECTIONS INCLUDING CANCER AWARENESS SECTIONS ALL OVER THE USA.
LINKERS CREW

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

linker, yes yes, did you see the helpless soul with cancer righ on the actual hospital bed -- not through mt on cancer miss, the tumor was large, why of course , other observe found it, and once again, right on the dot -- no miss, another life was saved. You see, its a gift from a higher power, some may call God or anything, ahhhhhhhhh yes , a true gift.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>

He'll just come up with another one, though
I hope so. He's my wittle boi. Worth yi jiao to you but er jiao to me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

LINKERS CREW wrote:
<quoted text> in the name and on the blood of christ , your state cant face the truth, and it will continue to be exposed as actual USA GOD FRAUD OATH BREAKING LIRAS DIRECTLY UP AND THROUGH VARIOUS USA SECTIONS INCLUDING CANCER AWARENESS SECTIONS ALL OVER THE USA.
You forgot to say please.

http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/holytestament/fr...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 129,001 - 129,020 of218,008
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

671 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min pusherman_ 513,314
Homosexuals are the shame of their families 4 min andet1987 21
i got a call from Walmart today 7 min andet1987 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min Thunderstein 682,781
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 22 min billyboy169 110,347
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min Porkpie Hat 250,695
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 33 min RiccardoFire 36,162
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 42 min RiccardoFire 89,777
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 48 min Epiphany2 596,755
•••
•••
•••