Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#133962 Oct 29, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
From everything I've read, Dave repels women.
Here is what he is to me:
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/press.office/assets/audi...
Ah. Please warn me next time you link to such a terrible sound.

And yes, you're probably right.

Location hidden

#133963 Oct 29, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhhh, you're so sweet.
Just noticed what your profile pic was. Nice.

Location hidden

#133964 Oct 29, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing. You reveal a lot about yourself with that one.
A female, gay or straight, would require the proper apparatus on the animal to get any physical stimulation from it. Not too many animals they can count on to give them a satisfactory cunnilingus session.
A straight male would be interested in available orifices, the first instinct being the one designed for such use. Less teeth, and the tail wouldn't be so much in the way.
This would require an animal of the opposite sex.
Now, Timmy and his gay buddies can go with either sex. All they have to do is lift that tail and have at that universal orifice they consider a sex organ. Don't even have to lift the tail with their buddies.
You guys are nasty.
I reveal a lot about myself because I think it's laughable that you guys think that sexual orientation applies to bestiality? Are you more attracted to male or female dogs, dave?

Again, not gay, but I'd rather bang a dude than spend a day with you.

Location hidden

#133965 Oct 29, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted a link about bonobos yesterday. They don't do anal.
As far as the oral goes, what they do with each other is not necessarily what they would do with you.
The issue was human sex with animals.
Do you think Timmy would stick his thingy in a dog's mouth and have a good time?
I think you would. You seem to have put a lot of thought into the potential usefulness of animal orifices.

A guy who is attracted to animals is a guy who's attracted to animals, I very seriously doubt that gender has anything to do with it.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#133966 Oct 29, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us how you control sexually transmitted diseases.
Wishful thinking? Study them for a few years?
You get real selective or abstain.
Stupid woman. You have been on one of your rolls the last day or two.
You're an idiot.

The control of STDs requires knowing how people within cultures behave, what kinds of structural barriers they face to obtaining nutrition and health care, and producing accessible and affordable health services, prophylactics and education. STD transmission is enhanced by religious bigotry, discrimination, poverty and gender inequality. The biggest payoffs to reducing STDs lie in making women economically independent from men - check any World Bank or IMF report on the issue.

People like you, with your gross, uninformed blathering add to the problem. Abstinence campaigns do much more harm that good - they're like covering your eyes to avoid the oncoming truck rather than getting out of the way.

But you won't read the World Bank reports, will you? You'll just make more fiction up and tell us how it really is, won't you Moonbeam?

Location hidden

#133967 Oct 29, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think about that...often?
Clearly.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#133968 Oct 29, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
HIV is an equal opportunity sexually infectious disease. This we all know but it is also is found disproportionately among the homosexual groups. Meaning higher number of infections compared to other groups in the general population.
Look, I know sex is a powerful force. But so is infectious diseases. Hepatitis being one of the most prominent out there can easily be transmitted. Not to mentioned the possibility of unwanted pregnancies among heterosexuals.
People need to know the truth. The truth is condoms offer some level of protection but they can tear, become porous, and fail. If people want to take those risk then ok. As long as they know all the facts.
The fact is abstaining offers the highest level of protection. With 50,000 new HIV in the United States alone, and estimated 19 million new STD infections occur each year (CDC).
Only in first world nations does HIV enjoy higher prevalence among homosexual men - and that's because of discrimination.

HIV/AIDS travels on lines of discrimination. Worldwide, working age heterosexual women have the highest prevalence rates of HIV/AIDS, followed by their infected children and heterosexual lovers.

If you care about the truth you'd do more reading. Start here:

http://www.shi.or.th/upload/SHI_team/%E0%B8%A...

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#133969 Oct 29, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>7Oct12.....
.....Well liddle darlin', you know dat you are just rearin' ta have a legOver vit BobLoblah, but dat ain't nevva gonna happen.
Ps:....BobLoblah had you figured out a long, long dime ago.
You are a hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist and a schidt-for-brains who can 'only' function when your posterFriend buddies are giving you da huggies.
.....too bad da huggies do NOT keep your stink from permeating the Topic from your 'lot'.
.....Love..
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Ah, you're so sweet.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#133970 Oct 29, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Just noticed what your profile pic was. Nice.
Kind of looks like a frog tossed against a piece of glass :)

My other prof. pic was stolen, so I changed.
poopy mcgee

Charleston, SC

#133971 Oct 29, 2012
do not want religion at all period.

religion is yucky

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#133972 Oct 29, 2012
poopy mcgee wrote:
do not want religion at all period.
religion is yucky
I see where you're coming from, poopy.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#133973 Oct 29, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<blushing>

Yaaay! I'm a professional!

Location hidden

#133974 Oct 29, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us how you control sexually transmitted diseases.
Well, the best way is to be you. Failing that, we can broadcast your image to the masses every night, instantly killing their collective sex drive. A personally dictated (by you!) monologue about magnets can be added to the image, but for that we would need to build more convents.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#133975 Oct 29, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
HIV is an equal opportunity sexually infectious disease. This we all know but it is also is found disproportionately among the homosexual groups. Meaning higher number of infections compared to other groups in the general population.
Look, I know sex is a powerful force. But so is infectious diseases. Hepatitis being one of the most prominent out there can easily be transmitted. Not to mentioned the possibility of unwanted pregnancies among heterosexuals.
People need to know the truth. The truth is condoms offer some level of protection but they can tear, become porous, and fail. If people want to take those risk then ok. As long as they know all the facts.
The fact is abstaining offers the highest level of protection. With 50,000 new HIV in the United States alone, and estimated 19 million new STD infections occur each year (CDC).
"This paper outlines aspects of the HIV/AIDS epidemic scenario and the complexities associated with it. It reveals the socio-epidemiological patterns of the epidemic and in doing so identifies the populations with the greatest and fastest growing rates of infection. From the data presented it is evident that the pattern of HIV/AIDS in developing countries in sub-Saharan Africa in particular is unique. The pattern emerging in South Africa follows closely. The features of this pattern are as follows: the epidemic is mainly a heterosexual epidemic, the rates of infection in the general population are very high and the percentage of HIV-positive women is greater than men. An additional unique feature is the young
age of onset of infection for women. These data demonstrate the need to focus our attention on young African women and the factors underpinning their predicament. In order to understand their position we examine the long standing relationship between social inequalities and health in general and further invoke the concepts of vulnerability and social capital to shed light on the position of women in the epidemic.
Within the constraints of limited and problematic statistical data, the paper argues that a mixture and complex interaction of material, social, cultural and behavioural factors shape the nature, process and outcome of the epidemic in South Africa. It concludes with recommendations for the way forward."

http://ehrn.co.za/publications/download/111.p...

Location hidden

#133976 Oct 29, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha yeah it does. And I know, the troll tricked me for a few seconds before I realized it.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#133978 Oct 29, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Haha yeah it does. And I know, the troll tricked me for a few seconds before I realized it.
I'm pretty sure that one is banned now :)

He'll just come up with another one, though - talk about insane.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#133979 Oct 29, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Haha yeah it does. And I know, the troll tricked me for a few seconds before I realized it.
He didn't fool me.

He's my wittle boi.

I miss him when he's gone.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#133980 Oct 29, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in first world nations does HIV enjoy higher prevalence among homosexual men - and that's because of discrimination.
HIV/AIDS travels on lines of discrimination. Worldwide, working age heterosexual women have the highest prevalence rates of HIV/AIDS, followed by their infected children and heterosexual lovers.
If you care about the truth you'd do more reading. Start here:
http://www.shi.or.th/upload/SHI_team/%E0%B8%A...
May I refer you to the CDC to get the info here on the States.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#133981 Oct 29, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure that one is banned now :)
He'll just come up with another one, though - talk about insane.
Trolls are like a mean drunk. They just keep coming back, mouthing off and getting their asses kicked...again and again.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#133982 Oct 29, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot.
The control of STDs requires knowing how people within cultures behave, what kinds of structural barriers they face to obtaining nutrition and health care, and producing accessible and affordable health services, prophylactics and education. STD transmission is enhanced by religious bigotry, discrimination, poverty and gender inequality. The biggest payoffs to reducing STDs lie in making women economically independent from men - check any World Bank or IMF report on the issue.
People like you, with your gross, uninformed blathering add to the problem. Abstinence campaigns do much more harm that good - they're like covering your eyes to avoid the oncoming truck rather than getting out of the way.
But you won't read the World Bank reports, will you? You'll just make more fiction up and tell us how it really is, won't you Moonbeam?
There are parallels between fundie Christians
and the fundie Islamist aka like the Taliban in treatment of women . Just the fundie Christian has to contend with the laws of the west which overrule any theocratic thinking.

But if the fundie christian were left unchecked I'd bet there would be little distinction between the two.
Like these hard liners "just retorts" and the other who who likely pitch all the gay people in a concentration camp.
It sorta makes me sick of religion altogether, but I know most aren't like that.

Just the fundietards. Then we have the evolution is a lie , science rebellion , but they are almost a comical bunch who twist around and kiss their own asses in effort to prove science is wrong. We live in a strange world full of freaks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min Rider on the Storm 175,477
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Dr_Zorderz 264,937
Rumored to sell off for 1 BILLION Hearthside Fo... 6 min CAL 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Aura Mytha 773,130
In town for the night 15 min Intowntonight 1
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 24 min Grau 26
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 27 min Ratloder 119,618
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min June VanDerMark 558,676
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 604,729