Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#133918 Oct 29, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I would tend to diagnose them as confused and in opposition mentally, as to what they are physically.
Why diagnose? Why not just accept them for who they are? Human.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#133919 Oct 29, 2012
No, a transsexual is someone who does not identify with their assigned sex.
They can be straight, gay, or bi.
Aura Mytha wrote:
How can you justify a transsexual as being "straight" ? That's a contradiction , they could be heterosexual but straight?
I see no difference between "straight" and "heterosexual", or between "gay" and "homosexual". The Merriam-Webster Dictionary doesn't see a difference, either.
turkey

Oswego, NY

#133920 Oct 29, 2012
Has anyone offered any conclusive evidence for what to believe? Dave seems to have a lot of knowledge.

Tampa, FL

#133921 Oct 29, 2012
You still haven't said what you consider to be "doubtful".
ChristineM wrote:
The big bang
It is not certain if it was an explosion as understood by the term bang or an expansion
Scientist (certainly cosmologists) are more and more referring to the start of the universe as the event rather than the big bang
If the "Big Bang" is understood to refer to the expansion, I still fail to see what is "doubtful".

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#133922 Oct 29, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why diagnose? Why not just accept them for who they are? Human.
You win.
I would tend to accept them as confused and in opposition mentally, as to what they are physically.
Now this....

Tampa, FL

#133923 Oct 29, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
In my lifetime and personal observations. I think some homosexuals are molded that way because of their environment.
A lack of a father figure or a father that works all the time.
Or a father leaves the family or works all the time (staying away) because he doesn't relate to having a gay son.

You have cause and effect backwards.
Eagle12 wrote:
The safest way to live as a homosexual is to abstain.
No, the safest way to live as a homosexual is the same as the safest way to live as a heterosexual. Being monogamous, or if not, using protection. No difference.
Eagle12 wrote:
One can love and be loved without sexual encounters.
There is no reason for a gay person to do that while their straight counterparts do not.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#133924 Oct 29, 2012
turkey wrote:
Has anyone offered any conclusive evidence for what to believe? Dave seems to have a lot of knowledge.
Really? And what is your grade level at the elementary school?

Tampa, FL

#133925 Oct 29, 2012
Clementia wrote:
so it's a guy who doesn't know he's a guy? and a girl who doesn't know she is a girl??
No, it's someone who is assigned as one sex but who identifies as the other. Such as someone raised male but who feels female, or vice versa. If you talked to a transsexual, they would assure you that they know what sex they are. And that it's not the one that they were assigned when they were born.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#133926 Oct 29, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Clementia, you are such a racist!
whatttttttttttttttt? I'M NOT EAGLE AND I AINT RACIST EITHER!!!!!!i love white, brown and even black sheep!!!! lol

@Aura and Smith thanks!

Location hidden

#133927 Oct 29, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You win.
I would tend to accept them as confused and in opposition mentally, as to what they are physically.
Now this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =k_lNRzDlgJ8XX
heheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeee those girls r on drugs man!!!

Location hidden

#133928 Oct 29, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's someone who is assigned as one sex but who identifies as the other. Such as someone raised male but who feels female, or vice versa. If you talked to a transsexual, they would assure you that they know what sex they are. And that it's not the one that they were assigned when they were born.
You say assigned , but now you will have to explain who is assigning. Assignment has to have an assigner , you mean a person want to be assigned to something other than what they are or were born biologically.

Location hidden

#133929 Oct 29, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
heheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeee those girls r on drugs man!!!

Ain't it cool?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#133932 Oct 29, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
They [Pedophile Catholic priests] should get a fair trial and if found guilty, castrated and incarcerated.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Agreed. Let's hope that authorities have the balls to pursue the problem with conviction some day.
I noticed that Father Almond Joy recently stepped down. He's afraid he'll end up like Father Mounds.

Location hidden

#133933 Oct 29, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't it cool?
u like that? it's not really my taste! what u really like it???????huh? serious?

Location hidden

#133934 Oct 29, 2012
@ Aura when i was in secondary school my close freind was a goth and i don't know how she did it but she got me to like this song! i just use to keep banging my head all day long to it, that's why i'm slow, i lost too many brain cells! lol

&fe ature=related

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#133935 Oct 29, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
whatttttttttttttttt? I'M NOT EAGLE AND I AINT RACIST EITHER!!!!!!i love white, brown and even black sheep!!!! lol
@Aura and Smith thanks!
I know you are not a racist, Clementia.

Eagle is the racist.

And he should be ashamed of himself.

But he knows no shame, having embarrassed himself here countless times.

Some people are hopeless, unfortunately.

The rest of us just have to carry on and not let it bother us.

:)

Location hidden

#133936 Oct 29, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
u like that? it's not really my taste! what u really like it???????huh? serious?

What ? You don't like girls? n/m Ha Ha Ha HAH!
I understand.

It must be...

&fe ature=related

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#133937 Oct 29, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
We will never know the truth about the causes of homosexuality because of biases. Itís been around a long time. We will never get to the truth of the matter.
Well, you won't. Not with the biases you are unable to break away from.
In my lifetime and personal observations. I think some homosexuals are molded that way because of their environment.
All people are molded by their environment.
A lack of a father figure or a father that works all the time. I also believe some may have been born with a tendency to go that way.
You are claiming that every single person who lacks a father figure is going to turn out gay? That's quite the claim.
As we have talked about it is a very dangerous lifestyle. Especially those who engage in multiple partners. One thing for sure I donít believe hate solves anything. The safest way to live as a homosexual is to abstain. Live, have friends, family and abstain from risky sexual activity.
That's true of heterosexuals, too. Especially in Sub-Saharan Africa.
One can love and be loved without sexual encounters. They can then live a healthy and fulfilling life. I believe God can and will give them the most to live for if they would turn to him.
How naive of you.

Location hidden

#133938 Oct 29, 2012
Clementia wrote:
@ Aura when i was in secondary school my close freind was a goth and i don't know how she did it but she got me to like this song! i just use to keep banging my head all day long to it, that's why i'm slow, i lost too many brain cells! lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3YxaaGgTQYMXX&feature=rel ated
I'm shocked to had to try to like it ...It's awesome!!!!!
It's It's Powerful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

#133939 Oct 29, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What ? You don't like girls? n/m Ha Ha Ha HAH!
I understand.
It must be...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =30kF8BsB3WQXX&feature=rel ated
that's defo better but this more my thing!! if u get me? what's n/m?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min USA Born 560,247
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 777,567
*SEPT 2015 --- SIGNS of Tribulation 'start' 10 min FeastTrumpetsYTube 1
John Lennon was an Atheist 13 min Icew 28
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min Rosa_Winkel 96,842
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 22 min Senecus 4,847
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 55 min dirty white boy- 605,292
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr hpcaban 441,809
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr YellowPissreality 265,393
More from around the web