Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eye Heart Jesus

Canada

#125286 Sep 24, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe I used the phrase "blanket condemnation". Your insult I'll let pass, follower of Jesus.
"...you have kept your preconceived belief in atheism tightly in your grasp the whole time, along with everyone who claims
And supports atheism."
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:

<quoted text

"Yes I have also... Probably more in Depth then u have; except, I have done so with a very open
mind, whereas you have kept your preconceived belief in atheism tightly in your grasp the whole time, along with everyone who claims
And supports atheism. U discredit anyone's academic conclusions on the bias that they may have a theistic view."
Insult?? I was merely being playful with u given your handle...
Aaaanyways...
U haven't explained the reason for your accusation.
What are u intending by 'blanket condemnation?'

“God=Registered Sex Offender!”

Since: Jul 12

Flower Mound, TX

#125287 Sep 24, 2012
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists by definition do NOT believe in miracles... otherwise they would have to accept the possibility of theism.
Which is it Aura?? Miracles or no miracles? God or no God?
You are very right! Atheists DO NOT believe in miracles which is why I am incredibly BLESSED to be a TRUE Christian. We've been doin' prayer circles over an amputee at my church and charting the growth of his limbs. Every Wednesday at our Service of Miracles and Tongue Speaking, we strip our beloved Brother Ned down to his skivvies and check the stubs near his armpits. We anoint him with holy oils and the Spirit overcomes him so that all you hear are shrieks of holy tongue speakin' as he calls on the Lord to grow his limbs. We've been charting the growth since March. I'm beginning to think the Lord HATES amputees as they are the only group that just never gets healed. Praise!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#125288 Sep 24, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
It is impossible to prove anything to you that you have a stake in not believing.
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
And this is the typical, predictable diversion, default response of the atheist who cannot produce proof to a creationist's counter argument
Don't be stupid, Christian. You are a faith based thinker. You don't require evidence and you don't respond to it. Who do you think you're kidding?
Eye Heart Jesus

Canada

#125289 Sep 24, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Atheist = not theist. That is all, just not you.
Did you have a religion, before you got a religion?
Let's see if you can wrap your little mind around this >>> Theist: in possession of a positive claim.
A-theist: not ^ that guy, no claim!
The letter ~ A~ means "not", like this dude, you are a theist, the ~A~theist is not, a theist!
An atheist doesn't say "There is no god", an atheist says "I'm am not the one who claims
there is".
So tell me, did you have a religion, before you

got a religion? Did you have a religion when you
were born? Let me answer for you.
NO YOU DID NOT! YOU WERE AN ATHEIST, TOO!
So tell me about your imaginary atheist religion that requires only, that you not be theist. Surely you have memories, from before you were indoctrinated, don't you? No atheist on earth is familiar with that religion that you are mouthing
off about, so why is it something that only religitards have knowledge of?
The difference between u and I Is that I grew up and used my logic.

Apparently, u are still in infant-mode
Eye Heart Jesus

Canada

#125290 Sep 24, 2012
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Havent you figured out yet that the Institute of Creation Science doesnt do any science? All they do is take research from real scientists and twist what they say and declair it false. They do no science at all. No research at all. Nothing but apologist writing to snow the sheep with. The majority of followers have no science interests, failed high school science classes and will believe anything these charlatans tell them.
No, it is YOU doing exActly what u are claiming Christians do. I've provided secular material as well as Christian sites to keep matters unbiased.
Hypocrite.
Eye Heart Jesus

Canada

#125291 Sep 24, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Who, who is not already a fundie, is going to read your links? There is no credible evidence there.
Lol. Why bother even doing the research and presenting it when u have an agenda to ignore facts?
I provided secular references also.

Hypocrite

Fennario

#125292 Sep 24, 2012
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
the definition of an atheist is DISBELIEF in God.
That's one definition, and not the one I use.
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
It's a religion
That was uncalled for!!
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
I don't think an atheist has the option to allow for a possibility of a God, otherwise, that shifts u into the category of agnostic.

That allows for a tidbit more open mindedbess because it allows for the possibility of a God.
You're being stupid again. I just told you that I am an atheist, and I allow for the possibility of a god, although I consider the possibility of one forming without a god to intelligently design it less likely than the possibility of a cell forming without a designer. I am an agnostic atheist, except for a few gods that can be ruled out due to being logically impossible because of their bibles.

You're not really up for this, are you, Christian?

Fennario

#125293 Sep 24, 2012
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
Ok.. I've provided secular references... Are u going to ignore those ones too?
Where? All I saw was Jesusology.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#125294 Sep 24, 2012
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference between u and I Is that I grew up and used my logic.
Apparently, u are still in infant-mode
What is the foundation and premises of your logic?
Eye Heart Jesus

Canada

#125295 Sep 24, 2012
<quoted text>
Well, Christian, you just crossed a line. You probably aren't going to like where this conversation will go now. But remember - you opened that door.
It happens every time. You people are weak.
<quoted text>
I think that you're being stupid here, Christian. I don't presuppose any of that. The grounds for belief in a god are a psychological need.
<quoted text>
FAIL. It is incredibly unlikely that a god could form a cell.
The cell, however, given deep time and the
elements of evolution, could become a man and invent a god. That is infinitely more likely, using you Christian math.
<quoted text>
You just make this crap up as you go along, don't you? Don't forget his jolly nature and his
jelly stomach. Ho ho ho!
And nothing exists out of time. The sine qua non of existence is persistence, which requires time.
Nothing can know anything without time. Or do anything without time. Don't be stupid.
<quoted text>
Of course it doesn't. That's why it is infinitely
more likely to exist without an intelligent designer than a god. Are you being stupid on purpose, Christian?
<quoted text
I am a self-actualized man. I worship nothing.
<quoted text>
Then, with all due respect, you are a fool. Worshiping is for slaves.
How do you like the new terms of engagement? It was your choice, Christian.
Says the circular- reasoning bigot who contradicts himself, saying nothing can exist or operate out of time. Ok, genius, how did we get here? Time had to start somewhere.. Otherwise, by default, we must suppose time extends back to eternity. Even if your ridiculous unicellular mother of all existence started it all...what was before THAT? I know... I can see the effects of your efforts in thinking about it quite much... It seems your braincells have reduced themselves back to square one... The great unicell-dumb-nut brain that u have become by blindly swallowing what foundationless theorists have one up with.
Eye Heart Jesus

Canada

#125296 Sep 24, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You have provided shit. Then said, no, seriously, these references are good!
Then you provided more shit. Then said, no, seriously, these references are good!
Then you provided more shit. Then said, no, seriously, these references are good!
Why in the world would I fall for the same lie, over and over?
Ps... U refer to the articles a 'shit' which is biased in itself... U haven't even taken a peak at the articles. So, let me get this straight, because I chose to provide references supporting my beliefs, that are NOT biased to YOUR presuppositions, they are automatically considered invalid?

Typical of closed minded, atheist cultoids.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#125297 Sep 24, 2012
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Why bother even doing the research and presenting it when u have an agenda to ignore facts?
Hypocrite
What makes you think that I did not do the research before I left christianity?

No matter what you think, I did.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#125298 Sep 24, 2012
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocrite
I also noticed that you could not defend 'bible logic'!

Idiot!
Eye Heart Jesus

Canada

#125299 Sep 24, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Who told you that? Thinking again are you?
Miracles are not supernatural, they are the umph of survival.
TODAY I AM faster better smarter than you!!
LOL OK.... So is changing word definitions included as a prerequisite to joining your atheist cult??

No thanks, I'll pass.

Fennario

#125300 Sep 24, 2012
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
Let me correct u: Evolution is theory which is still myth until proven otherwise
That's a pretty stupid thing to post, Christian. If you care to debate rationalists with educations in science, you probably should learn a little. We don't prove our theories - ever.

"The inherent uncertainty in science, where theories are never proven but can only be disproven (see falsifiability), poses a problem for politicians, policymakers, lawyers, and business professionals." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_conse...

Fennario

#125301 Sep 24, 2012
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
there has NEVER been any proof to support it other than MICROevolution ... But NEVER MACROevolution.
The overwhelming majority of experts in the field of evolutionary science disagree. They say that evolution is correct, and only the details of how it occurred are still debatable. But the basic idea that the relatedness and diversity of life on earth of is due to the blind, unguided and naturalistic change in populations over time due to variation in their offspring, and their differential survival rates while competing for scarce resources, is considered unassailably true. The matter is considered settled, and your church has no standing in the matter.

Fennario

#125302 Sep 24, 2012
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
GOD IS THE INEVITABLE TRUTH.
I think gods may be mathematically impossible, but I'm not willing to say so with certitude yet. In any event, they are nearly the polar opposite of the inevitable truth
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
spirituality is a fact, and cannot be empirically measured ...
Spirituality is a psychological experience.
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
... other than it's fingerprints left behind in reliable historical texts (the bible) and the immense complexity of life which cannot be explained, measured, or observed through the lens of science because it is infinitely beyond its' scope.
Spirituality has nothing to do with texts. It is a pleasant psychological experience combining a sense of mystery, awe, gratitude and connectivity, and nothing more.
Eye Heart Jesus

Canada

#125303 Sep 24, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think that I did not do the research before I left christianity?
No matter what you think, I did.
Well, u obviously quit ahead of the game and let your arrogant selfishness get the best of u.
We all go through these stages... Call it 'spiritual evolution' if u will.
Look deeper. Seek and ye shall find.
If u are lOoking for a material, empirically defined God... You've already lost.
God is beyond all human mental capacity... That's what makes Him God.

Take a few extra steps out of your atheist comfort bubble... And realize that man isn't the be all and end all of the universe.
Who do u think u r?? Because something is beyond your scope of understanding or scientific grasp, u have the presumptuousness to completely denounce it?
Science isn't the end all and be all... There is only so much u can empirically evaluate. It is obvious that there is much out of the realm of science that can be grasped... Scientists are coming to terms with this... As hard as they try to fight it.

It's ok dude.... It's ok... Just .... Let... GO.
Eye Heart Jesus

Canada

#125304 Sep 24, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I also noticed that you could not defend 'bible logic'!
Idiot!
U obviously disnt read them because they are 'shit' and thus; unsupported by atheists; therefore, invalid as a source of information.

You set the rules.. Not I.
Eye Heart Jesus

Canada

#125305 Sep 24, 2012
<quoted text>
That's a pretty stupid thing to post, Christian. If you care to debate rationalists with educations in science, you probably should learn a little. We don't prove our theories - ever.
"The inherent uncertainty in science, where theories are never proven but can only be disproven (see falsifiability), poses a problem fo
r politicians, policymakers, lawyers, and business professionals." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_conse...
U don't prove your theories? No shiznit... If u COULD, you'd have a basis for atheism.
But u clearly dont.
Atheism is just as much religion as Christianity... Except it requires much less logic, and much more faith.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min ImPeach 26,010
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min Here For Now 619,748
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Anthony MN 685,729
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 26
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 6,448
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 52
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Aerobatty 985,682
More from around the web