Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 243059 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#124219 Sep 21, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad I don't wear an earring, or earrings.
Just sayin.
22Sep12.....

.....they probably got 'scraped' off when Aerobathy held your head between his legs....for his 'knee-trembler'.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#124220 Sep 21, 2012
Ray wrote:
so you say rape is immoral. i agree.your still not dealing with not only my claim, but the very claim youyourself made in relation to the rest ofyour comment. again, the problem is that they are followingsomeones morality. when the nazi leaders were being triedfor their crimes against humanity, the the defense they gave was that they were following the constructs of the moral framework they had in their culture. this in reality is exactly whatyour comment logically allows. ok, so if the nazis took over, and killed off or indoctrinated every human being that they found andsomehow managed to get 80% of the global population to agree with them, whould that indeed be a better moral frameworkfor the world thatn the free moral framework our culture allows? this is the danger of the ideayour saying. if morality is justsomething humans come up with by consensus, it would be no better than coming up with a majority vote about chocolate being better than icecream. your just asserting this, yet you havent given a defense ofyour argument nor have you pointed out a flaw in the logic of my argument. just saying that culture determines how we live does not answer the challenge that we do live insome ways and that morality needs a basisfor being objective. this is a complete red herring. this argument if true is an argumentfor the existance of God, and has nothing to do with the 10 commandments. what we are talking about is the nature of morality and what its ontological foundation is. what youve done is actually argued in a circle.youre begging the question when you say morals are human made and god has nothing to do with it, because when i use morals as evidencefor God you just make the same assertion. making claims about why one holds a believe is an ad hominim attack and not an argument. its fallacious. i havent attackedyour psycological motivesfor being an atheist, and i expect out of human decency that you extend to me the same courtesy. i dont care if you destroy my arguments, as long asyoure actually arguing and not insulting.
22Sep12.....

.....There were Nazis before..

.....There were Nazis then..

.....There will be Nazis again..

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#124221 Sep 21, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Made in the USA!
22Sep12.....

.....Many of the Parker-Hannifin parts were made in Japan and
some parts were made in Osama's city of Chicago which is no longer considered to be Real America.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Mar 11

United States

#124222 Sep 21, 2012
I agree you simply cannot allow uncivilized animals dictate what is fair game. Their myth of the epileptic prophet deserves no special treatment whatsoever. Their barbaric behavior will bring them more harm than good in the long run.
Islam is preposterous and makes the other Abrahamic religions seem intelligent by comparison.

And that's not easy to do!
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I strongly disagree with you. The filmmaker did nothing wrong.
I don't remember the U.S. storming the British Embassies and murdering Brits over Monty Python.
If we cannot live equally and peaceably with them, then one of us has to go.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#124223 Sep 21, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember the U.S. storming the British Embassies and murdering Brits over Monty Python.
You are not going to be able to treat people who believe in Islam on the same level you treat Christianity. The reason? They’re not going to tolerate it. They hate you anyway and your prejudice is all they need to blow your freaking legs off. You know what? They don’t care if you disagree.

I would advise you to leave them alone unless you want to be scooting around on your butt the rest of your life.

Location hidden

#124224 Sep 21, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
22Sep12.....

.....Force once BobLoblah agrees with you.

Ps:.....Countries that practice democracy and have 'Freedom of Speech' have the right to write and produce what they like.

If some other country doesn't like it, tough.

Meanwhile, BobLoblah has spend over 14 years in Muslim countries and has seen exactly what these hypocrites do in disrespect towards Western religions, demographics, and cultures.

Muslims (Palestinians in particular) danced on rooftops on 11Sep01 in excitement of the Twin Towers falling down.

....they even wipe their dirty arses in 'your' flag.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Eye Heart Jesus

Canada

#124225 Sep 21, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that the Jews don't see the connection to Jesus in the bible.
Stupid Jews.
I have to agree with u there.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#124226 Sep 21, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
I agree you simply cannot allow uncivilized animals dictate what is fair game. Their myth of the epileptic prophet deserves no special treatment whatsoever. Their barbaric behavior will bring them more harm than good in the long run.
Islam is preposterous and makes the other Abrahamic religions seem intelligent by comparison.
And that's not easy to do!
<quoted text>
The act all indignant when you don't honor their bullshit, but they certainly don't honor anyone else's! Even their own, in many cases! Oh, wait, that does sound a lot like christians!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#124227 Sep 21, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not going to be able to treat people who believe in Islam on the same level you treat Christianity. The reason? They’re not going to tolerate it. They hate you anyway and your prejudice is all they need to blow your freaking legs off. You know what? They don’t care if you disagree.
I would advise you to leave them alone unless you want to be scooting around on your butt the rest of your life.
I am going to do my best NOT to run away and hide. You may want to appease them, it worked great in the 30's on Germany, you go ahead and try, but you never will make them any happier than I.

Louisville, KY

#124228 Sep 21, 2012
I guess those Jews want someone who actually does what God promised the Messiah would do and not some dime a dozen miracle worker that was as common back then as Starbucks is today.
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#124229 Sep 21, 2012
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
As Elijah said, bring on your god or STFU! LOL! Don't worry, I know your god answers prayers! LOL!

A new car.
Prayer Wishful thinking Do nothing
No No No

World Peace
No No No

Prime Rib
No No YES

Good cup of coffee
No YES No

In-Laws go home early
Yes No No

Healing
No No No

Healing again!
No No No

Win $5 on a lottery ticket
YES YES YES

Proof, god does answer prayers! ROTFLMAO!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#124230 Sep 21, 2012
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, it is alright to call others stupid for their beliefs, but we should respect yours?

Have your god light a fire for me, in my fire pit! Let me soak in with water first!

Go ahead, call on your god!

No fire.

Call louder, he must be very busy!

No fire.

Sing! I hear he likes to hear you sing!

No fire.

Where in the hell is Elijah when you need him?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#124231 Sep 21, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You should take the fighter jet off as your aviator! The folks who fly them don't run away and hid.

Louisville, KY

#124232 Sep 21, 2012
Well you have these divisions in Islam all believing they and only they are one with Allah. Basically even if the entire world became Islamic tere would still be wars and such. Probably more so actually. Hitchens gave a great presentation on this. Either the people of Islam will have to accept to live peacefully with others or they will eventually push to hard on the wrong group at the wrong time and the result be near genocidal for one group or the other.
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
The act all indignant when you don't honor their bullshit, but they certainly don't honor anyone else's! Even their own, in many cases! Oh, wait, that does sound a lot like christians!

Louisville, KY

#124233 Sep 21, 2012
I am subscribed to Dark Matter ;)

Come on Ba'al light my fire! Trying to set the bull on fire!!! Lmfao!:)
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, it is alright to call others stupid for their beliefs, but we should respect yours?
Have your god light a fire for me, in my fire pit! Let me soak in with water first!
Go ahead, call on your god!
No fire.
Call louder, he must be very busy!
No fire.
Sing! I hear he likes to hear you sing!
No fire.
Where in the hell is Elijah when you need him?
Eye Heart Jesus

Hamilton, Canada

#124234 Sep 21, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
I look back here in the last 24hrs and see the comments of childhood leukemia. Why does God allow such to happen to children? First of all our bodies are fragile goods. They can be damaged. That is especially true for unborn still developing during pregnancy.
When I looked for the causes of childhood Leukemia. I found the causes to be man made or at least that is what’s believed.
----------
Known and Suspected Causes of Leukemia
Both pre-natal and post-natal exposure to ionizing radiation (particularly X rays) can cause leukemia in children. Pre-natal exposure to X rays has been greatly reduced with the adoption
of ultrasound for screening in pregnant women

Several studies link pesticide exposure by both
parents and children to leukemia. The pattern of disease suggests that some damage to chromosomes may occur before the child is born
(3). Children born to parents employed in certain
occupations that have chemical exposures are
more likely to have leukemia (4). Chemicals,
specifically including benzene, have been shown
to cause leukemia in adults
A recent review of 48 epidemiological studies
concluded that the strongest evidence for a
relationship between a parent's exposure tochemicals other than pesticides and childhood
leukemia was for solvents, paints, and
employment in motor vehicle-related occupations
(5)
These studies tend to look at the occupation of
fathers more often than those of mothers, despite
the fact that exposures of mothers are likely to
be at least as important. For occupations of
the mothers, the review concluded that the most
significant were employment in personal services
industries, in metal processing, and in textiles.
All three categories had significantly elevated
risks. For occupations of fathers, employment in
painting led to increased risk of leukemia in a
child..
Some studies show that exposure to electric and magnetic fields (EMFs) is associated with
increased risk of leukemia.
There has been some evidence for an
association between leukemia and smoking by
parents, though the largest study performed to
date did not find that smoking by parents, either
before birth or afterwards, increased risk of ALL
or AML in children (6)
http://www.envirohealthpolicy.net/kidstest/Ca...
%20Pages/Individual%20Cancers/ Leukemia.
Did u read this atheists?? It is MAN's fault that we have so much disease and other issues.
We were given the freedom of choice, and people choose to do what suits them
At the moment without even considering consequences. This is why God provided is with such a reliable source, rich with information and wisdom on how to live. If u choose to ignore it and do things YOUR way, then shut your yaps and deal with the consequences. Don't cry 'wolf' when the world collapses.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#124235 Sep 21, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The second person to bring up Hitler or the Nazis as a point of negating the first person's response on Hitler or the Nazis.
That's not a sentence, sir.

Educated in the U.S.A. I presume.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#124236 Sep 21, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
When I looked for the causes of childhood Leukemia.
That's not a sentence.

You really should take a remedial grammar class.

You are an embarrassment to the U.S.A.
Eye Heart Jesus

Hamilton, Canada

#124237 Sep 21, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
I guess those Jews want someone who actually does what God promised the Messiah would do and not some dime a dozen miracle worker that was as common back then as Starbucks is today.
<quoted text>
Dime a dozen miracle worker?
Have u ever met someone who healed people on the spot, walked on water, brought people back to life, multiplied fish and bread to feed 5000 people, expelled demons, was crucified, dead for three days and resurrected on the third day in sight of 500 eye witnesses?
Not to mention there were hundreds of prophesies made about him at least 400 years prior, by many different writers, who lived at different times in 3 different continents.
A dime a dozen?
The Jews were so caught up in expecting an 'earthly' king, that they didnt recognize that the messiah was a different and more powerful kind of king. He came as a humble man, and endured much torture for the sake of mankind- that was also prophesied about.
U obviously need to sit down and open up some books before you open your foul, venous mouth.
Eye Heart Jesus

Hamilton, Canada

#124238 Sep 21, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a sentence.
You really should take a remedial grammar class.
You are an embarrassment to the U.S.A.
And... Of course that was ALL u could come up with, so u resorted to petty insults about grammar.... The common diversion tactic.

Btw... I'm using 'text' language on purpose...'btw''u'. Are u gonna attack my grammar 'cuz u ran outta reasons to attack?

Atheists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min USA Born 595,782
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Epiphany2 612,589
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min BenAdam 853,534
Rajkot gay Topix 37 min Vishal 150
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 39 min I Am No One_ 444,099
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 47 min The_Box 100,667
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 58 min razz58 2,626
More from around the web