Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258512 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#124263 Sep 21, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. what John opposes, Thomas teaches: that God is in everyone, not just Jesus ..
.. GoThomas doesn't beseech the reader to believe in Jesus, John does ..
.. third, John provides reasons for a unified church, Thomas does the opposite ..
.. to consolidate dogma, the Council of Nicea was compelled to reject GoThomas ..
.. last, GoThomas suggests pre-existance in v. 49:
"Jesus said, "Blessed are those who are solitary & chosen, for you will find the Kingdom. For you have come from it and you will return there again."
.. the political backdrop and civil unrest authored the New Testament ..
.. most Christians renounce the Gnostic Gospels because their church has pronounced them heretic. Won't even read them. When the priests have spoken, the thinking is done ..
I'm curious, HL.

How do you know all this religious stuff?

I'm quite impressed!

Maybe you can teach me sometime.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#124264 Sep 21, 2012
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You very conveniently cut out the parts I deacribed in detail about what qualifies a text as a 'sacred text'.
You only stated my claim. You're dishonest.
As atheists like To commonly do, because they don't like to claim responsibility for their actions, the common trend is to only use the bits and pieces that are convenient for them... And leave the rest out... Usually the important parts.
Not surprised or impressed.
And this was exactly my point also.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#124265 Sep 21, 2012
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
People were created with a conscience and free will. Animals were created with instincts, and governed by them.
Absolutely false. First of all, people are animals, we are not separate and distinct from the rest of earthly life.

Anyways, at the very least, all mammals have some form of consciousness. Many have demonstrated self awareness (dolphins, apes, and others), and many have demonstrated tool using ability (including, of all things, certain types of crows, they can even combine tools).

You really should start fact checking your posts.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#124266 Sep 21, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. my atheist counterparts? Selective finger pointing? Do you know me ??..
.. name-calling from any faction is inappropriate as is censorship. It's a fine line ..
.. no, you did not address my question regarding the political climate at the time of the Nicea Council. You did make certain allegations and additional information was requested ..
.. in this post, you deflect and fail to address my rebuttal. That's OK. I understand ..
I'm good with my fingers.:)
When I point it in the right direction , and I always point it in the right direction.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#124267 Sep 21, 2012
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
People were created with a conscience and free will. Animals were created with instincts, and governed by them.
To believe this, you have to be a creationist.

Many of us here aren't.

Or maybe you didn't notice.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#124268 Sep 21, 2012
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what it sounds like honey : freedom of religion.
Freedom to believe in religion. Is that unclear to u?
Who cares what you believe? I know I don't. Any other Atheist care?
Eye Heart Jesus

Canada

#124269 Sep 21, 2012
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please put up a link for someone dead for days. A long time ago some people were buried alive because their heart beat became so faint and breathing so shallow that they were thought to be dead. But in modern times, I have never heard of that happening. So there must be something on the web to tell that story. You heard of it somewhere. Point us to it please.
Gladly:
http://neardeath.com/experiences/evidence10.H...

Those r a few examples. These people were DEAD. Not just hardly breathing. Read the stories.

Location hidden

#124270 Sep 21, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be happy to enlighten you.
And I will, too.
Just as soon as you show a glimmer of hope.
Don't hold your breath.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#124271 Sep 21, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Time creates nothing. Something creates time.
You can't measure it, or even be aware of it, unless something is moving. It is a byproduct of "creation".
The expansion of space creates the illusion of time or as Einstein said space/time.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#124272 Sep 21, 2012
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
So, in your myth, when the Jesus said Peter would deny him three times during the night before the cock crowed, was that free will?

Or was it a prophecy fulfilled?

It appears as if Peter could only do one thing, if the Jesus was what the myth said he was.
Eye Heart Jesus

Canada

#124273 Sep 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Most atheists are truer supporters of freedom of religion than christians. Usually when a christian whines about freedom of religion, it means they want freedom for *their* religion to influence their society.
I'll consider that the bible has any validity as soon as you consider that any of the thousands of other holy books have validity.
I have. In the end, I chose to believe the Bible, because it is historically, textually and archeologically backed up: whereas other 'texts' can't hold up those claims :)

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#124274 Sep 21, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Picture the most perfect woman you can. Beautiful, merciful, loving, and all of that.
She can get a pimple on her nose or a boil on her butt. It is part of her universe, her oneness.
The story goes the Creator inserted part of itself within mankind. That makes mankind an extension of that Creator. Pimples and boils do tend to make their own little worlds about them.

God inserted what into who you say?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#124275 Sep 21, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Take away all clocks, take away all motion, even if "something" exists to look at, and take away all the clicking inside your body. Including the loose screws in your head.
Try observing time.
Can we see out the window at least you big meany who would try to fool us as to what time it was.:(
Eye Heart Jesus

Canada

#124276 Sep 21, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious, HL.
I'm quite impressed!
Please allow me to cut in- it's called cutting and pasting useless hearsay nonsense from 'atheist' websites.
If she had a clue about what the bible actually says and about the origins of the Gnostic texts, she wouldn't be here.
Anyone can google search bullcrap to suit their means... But when a strong argument comes up against it, please watch 'Happy Lesbo' carefully in how she responds.

You'll see what I mean
Eye Heart Jesus

Canada

#124277 Sep 21, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So nice of him to torture himself to save his creations from himself.
Pitiful, disrespecful, rude and uncalled for.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#124278 Sep 21, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious, HL.
I'm quite impressed!
.. know how to unhook a bra with two fingers ??..

Location hidden

#124279 Sep 21, 2012
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I have. In the end, I chose to believe the Bible, because it is historically, textually and archeologically backed up: whereas other 'texts' can't hold up those claims :)
No, it is not. Stop saying that. Your claims of biblical accuracy have been refuted I don't even know how many times, but you keep on persisting. Who are you trying to convince? I believe I can safely say that no one here is going to be swayed by the same tired old arguments.
Eye Heart Jesus

Canada

#124280 Sep 21, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
So, does that mean that you will not ask your god to start a fire for me? I promise to give all the glory to god! I will tell everyone that I can, how powerful and wonderful your god is!
Just start a little fire in my water drenched fire pit.
Matthew 4:7 Jesus answered him, "It is also written:'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'"

Location hidden

#124281 Sep 21, 2012
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Gladly:
http://neardeath.com/experiences/evidence10.H...
Those r a few examples. These people were DEAD. Not just hardly breathing. Read the stories.
No such thing as someone being brain dead and coming back to life. Not possible. Cut it out. Depleting the brain of oxygen for long enough is irreversible.

“Go Chiefs!”

Since: Jan 12

Kansas City, MO

#124282 Sep 21, 2012
Eye Heart Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad there are Christians like you who still hold near and dear to the Lord's word. Don't let the Atheists lead you astray. God Bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Wisdom of Ages 701,828
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 10 min Richard The Lion... 81,012
O.J. Nicole & MARCUS: Fatal Attraction 21 min Doctor REALITY 9
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 40 min Sammy 448,429
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 48 min Sammy 223,326
should male cheerleaders wear cheerleading skir... (Mar '14) 2 hr Ryan 21
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Prince of Darkness 995,847