Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256576 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#121600 Sep 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
So far as we know at this time.
Yet you posted:-
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Life does not exist outside of Earth.....
Are you back peddling or is your Alzheimer's playing up?

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#121601 Sep 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is entirely impossible for me to see things from your viewpoint. I can’t get my head as far up an as*. We will never see the same way on any issue. Unless your ass decides to give birth to your head. We will never see the same way on any issue.
Just remember if you do decided for your ass to give birth to your head. Push, push, push, breath slowly and count to 20. If you hear a loud “Pop,” that’s nothing to be frightened about.
Every time you are proved wrong you meltdown.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EBjJe9JcL7s/T_BLCWx...

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#121602 Sep 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know what Richard "FS" stands for.
"F***ing Stupid"
Projecting again.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#121603 Sep 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the United States we don’t speak that mangled botched inbred bohemian butchered language you Australian’s speak. Our boys in Arkansas speak better English than you inbreeds do. Hell even the Mexicans speak better English that you freaks down under do.
Why don't you just sit in the corner and have a good little cry, mummy will be down soon to put you to bed.
Atheist Silurist

Slough, UK

#121604 Sep 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Life does not exist outside of Earth.
How do you know? The universe is a big place.

It's interesting though that you think the entire universe was created for mankind when almost 100% is,and always will be,inaccessible to us.
What possible relevance could a star or a planet 10 billion light years away have for mankind?

What if life is discovered on other planets? We can't rule it out even in our solar system,discounting Earth. We haven't scratched the surface,but you are arrogant and ignorant to declare that you know that life doesn't exist outside of the earth.
Does your religious faith depend on there not being life on other planets? If life is discovered on other planets? would you deny the evidence like you do for evolution? or would you stop believing in your book of myths and fables?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#121605 Sep 11, 2012
12Sep12....Your Pope is most pleased to present a former listing of devils to be cast out of TOPIX Forums.

A review will let you know who they are.

A later listing is to follow from Your Pope

Seems like our Father Merrin is doing quite a job
under the instructions of Your Pope.

May the Peace and Blessings of Our Lord Jesus Christ be with you ALL.

POPE BENEDICT XVI wrote:

Your Pope wants to keep you up-to-date on our 'Father Merrin's latest developments.
Our 'Father Merrin' has been involved, for someTime now, in his latest Dig. It is taking place just outside of Cairo, and not very far from the Valley of the Kings burial grounds for the ancient Pharohs.

Our 'Father Merrin's latest Dig has given UP nine (9) stone tablets which have the most clarity of engravings ever discovered. However, the writings are difficult to decipher and their stories and sayings are taking 'longer than usual' to understand. None-the-less, our 'Father Merrin' will persevere...Your Pope has utMost Trust in our 'Father Merrin'.

Just two (2) days ago, our 'Father Merrin' transmitted to your Pope copies of the engravings. Amazingly, each tablet bears the likeness of a large 'phallus'. It can be easily discerned to be a 'phallus' as it looks so much like some of the characters found hereIN this Topic.
But the Most marvelous thing is that the 'head' on each 'phallus' bears a likeNess to humans.

Our 'Father Merrin' has purposely Numbered each tablet starting at NO. 1 and continuing on to NO. 9.

It is most interesting that the likeness on the head of 'phallus' on tablet No. 1 is VERY MUCH like
none other than 'la strega kaitlin'.

At first your Pope thought this to be odd, but on reflection....its Really & Truly NO surprise.

Our 'Father Merrin' awaits confirmation of his names applied to the 'phallus' on each tablet, in order to make his way to their tiny rooms.
This confirmation to our 'Father Merrin' from your Pope will happen very Soon.

Blessed are the Clean of Heart, for they shall See GOD.

Your Pope wishes to keep you up-to-date:...

Additional incoming Information to your Pope from our 'Father Merrin' indicates that the head likenesses on the phalluses of the other Stone Tablets have been identified as follows:.

.....Tablet NO. 1.........la strega kaitlin

.....Tablet NO. 2.........thinking

.....Tablet NO. 3.........cpt jack sparrow

.....Tablet NO. 4.........hiding from view

.....Tablet NO. 5.........black lagoon

The additional four (4) Tablets will be identified soon and your Pope will indicate to ALL the FAITHFUL the FULL list of deviates who comprise the LIST.

Blessed are the Clean of Heart, for they shall See GOD.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#121606 Sep 11, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are irrational.
You are one each standard stamped out of stupid simpleton sucker programmed to recite and make noise. Easily disposable once the campaign is over.
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
English is not your first language is it?
That must mean you didn't understand that.

Not surprised.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#121607 Sep 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have too much class to take up for that goon.
I'm not taking up for anyone. Just pointing out the arrogance in you post.
Atheist Silurist

Slough, UK

#121608 Sep 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
So far as we know at this time.
But you said it doesn't exist elsewhere. What do you base your assumption on?
What mangled interpretation of old testament gibberish leads you to your conclusion?

Nunya

#121609 Sep 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
"We have no reason to believe that our kind of carbon-based life is all that is possible. Furthermore, modern cosmology indicates that multiple universes may exist with different constants and laws of physics. So, it is not surprising that we live in the one suited for us. The Universe is not fine-tuned to life; life is fine-tuned to the Universe."
Victor Stenger

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#121610 Sep 11, 2012
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
It's interesting though that you think the entire universe was created for mankind when almost 100% is,and always will be,inaccessible to us.
What possible relevance could a star or a planet 10 billion light years away have for mankind?
What if life is discovered on other planets? We can't rule it out even in our solar system,discounting Earth. We haven't scratched the surface,but you are arrogant and ignorant to declare that you know that life doesn't exist outside of the earth.
Does your religious faith depend on there not being life on other planets? If life is discovered on other planets? would you deny the evidence like you do for evolution? or would you stop believing in your book of myths and fables?
His whole life would and will come crashing down.

Nunya

#121611 Sep 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, "This is an interesting world I find myself in — an interesting hole I find myself in — fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!" This is such a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky and the air heats up and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and smaller, it's still frantically hanging on to the notion that everything's going to be alright, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise.:
Douglas Adams

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#121612 Sep 11, 2012
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You bring up a good point. The bible does talk about a new heaven and a new earth.

So far we have not located life as we know it on another plant.

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#121613 Sep 11, 2012
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
But you said it doesn't exist elsewhere. What do you base your assumption on?
What mangled interpretation of old testament gibberish leads you to your conclusion?
Actually the bible talks of a new heaven and a new earth.

Now that I have pointed that out you will change your mind?

Eagle12

Southern Illinois

#121614 Sep 11, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
His whole life would and will come crashing down.
By good friend, Richard "FS"

{F***ing Stupid}

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#121615 Sep 11, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, you baffle them with bullshit.
An old saying, and an old methodology.
And if that doesn't work, hey, so what's wrong with making an ass out of yourself?

Right, Dave?
Atheist Silurist

Slough, UK

#121616 Sep 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the bible talks of a new heaven and a new earth.
What does that have to do with anything?

It also talks about talking snakes and magic trees,but it has no basis in reality.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#121617 Sep 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the United States we don’t speak that mangled botched inbred bohemian butchered language you Australian’s speak. Our boys in Arkansas speak better English than you inbreeds do. Hell even the Mexicans speak better English that you freaks down under do.
YOU are denigrating others' language skills?

YOU? YOU?

For starters, check out your first sentence. How many times have I told you that there is a difference between a plural and a contraction. Australian's is a contraction. You needed to use the plural.

I'm starting to get very frustrated with you Mr. S.

I'm going to make you stand in the corner wearing a dunce cap.

Geez.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#121618 Sep 11, 2012
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
"We have no reason to believe that our kind of carbon-based life is all that is possible. Furthermore, modern cosmology indicates that multiple universes may exist with different constants and laws of physics. So, it is not surprising that we live in the one suited for us. The Universe is not fine-tuned to life; life is fine-tuned to the Universe."
Victor Stenger
I like Stenger.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#121619 Sep 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
How can one as intelligent as you are. Not even ponder how all life just self started from dead material? Sure it may can be done in a Lab at the hand of a scientist, maybe. Can life self start from a sterile, dead, lifeless environment?
Nowhere in the Universe is there anything close to earth. This place is unique. There are lots of dead planets but only one that has life. If life is so easy to self replicate. Why is there just one place like earth?
Even Mars which we know had rivers and lakes. Is a dead and lifeless planet. Then when one considers the complexity of life here on earth. All the animals with their unique abilities. The bombardier beetle which is a flying chemical weapons plant. The Venus fly trap that has built in relay logic. The horseshoe crab that has not changed in 500 million years.
I think there is plenty of evidence of a higher power.
Still no actual evidence to back up your god claim, just a lot of ranting.

If I type slower, would it help you understand?-- Gaps in our knowledge does NOT prove that any deities exist, let alone your particular version.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Insults Are Easier 64,279
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Steve III 654,272
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min Jake999 281,921
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 42 min DebraE 106,579
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 45 min ImFree2Choose 2,594
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 59 min Gabriel 973,912
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 45,258
More from around the web