Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258512 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#119430 Sep 1, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
So you see dragonflies the size of bald eagles and bigger flying around? Neat!
Maybe God one day said woah!!! I messed up on those dragonflies! They are huge, sure to be a bother for when I come to earth to kill myself in the form of my son! Hey Lucifer fetch me that bug shrink o matic ray of mine!
What an artard!!
<quoted text>
They could wreak havoc on a cook out.

Children, into the shelter. The dragonflies are here.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Look at the size of that mosquito. OMG. Run.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#119433 Sep 1, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
I love it when you idiots get destroyed so much you have to resort to making new screen names.
Now explain how gay adoption results in child abuse? What of a gay man adopts a girl?
Now let's twIst the knife even harder on the half wit shall we? If you are saying now that my reference to Penn State is accurate as you are combining it with those other examples you are admitting I was right and your assertion was pointless.
But wait let's spike the football on the pwnage shall we?
Worst of all you just came out and said Dave was a gay man who molests children! Hahahaha!!
See you are a dullard. I have now enlightened you and you are the better for having my responding to you. You're welcome half wit, I see one day you advancing to door greeter at Walmart. Not yet we won't get carried away but one day.
<quoted text>
I’m no authority on the social experiment of gay adoptions.

I do believe this is the goal of the homosexual movement. To be able to acquire children from heterosexuals. Raise them in a unnatural and unconventional family environment.

By doing so they will be reproducing their numbers. What will be the final outcome of this experiment?

Take a look at Chaz Bono. He is an example of what their future looks like.

Location hidden

#119434 Sep 1, 2012
Judge Moniters wrote:
<quoted text>First, I do not know who you think I am,
:-)

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#119435 Sep 1, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m no authority ....
Well, finally you got something right.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#119436 Sep 1, 2012
Next time look up a movie before going crazy about perversions and such, it will save you some humiliation.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't watch spaceballs.
I did watch GhostBusters several times. The kids love it. It's one of those movies that will always be a hit with the kids.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#119437 Sep 1, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Then your drink will cost the same , S100.00 a can of beer
50,000.00 for a gallon of rum , arr we become but humble pirates matey , how bout sliding those ciggs and rum over this way , or I'll be forced to make you a holy man.
Over taxation has consequences both futile and dire , there are limitations even the rulers cannot cross without creating a vacuum
for the existence of those who will defy them.
The prohibition and depression taught us that, so unless you want to have gangland rules again, you cannot tax something or outlaw something out of existence. You only create a black market.
Oh goody I can't wait till we legislate profiteering into existence again!
Effectively a tax on the poor who make up the bulk of smokers. Catcher represents tobacco prohibitionist position. Make cigarettes so costly stores will get robbed to get them. There are so many negative consequences with the over taxing of cigarettes that it would not be worth the effort.

United States

#119438 Sep 1, 2012
Exactly! Good thing God shrunk them down eh? Those big ass Mosquitos would have been draining Jesus dry so fast he couldn't scream father why have you forsaken me!!

Maybe Jesus' raptors would have eaten the Mosquitos?

Lmfao!
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
They could wreak havoc on a cook out.
Children, into the shelter. The dragonflies are here.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.
Look at the size of that mosquito. OMG. Run.

Location hidden

#119439 Sep 1, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Exactly! Good thing God shrunk them down eh? Those big ass Mosquitos would have been draining Jesus dry so fast he couldn't scream father why have you forsaken me!!
Maybe Jesus' raptors would have eaten the Mosquitos?
Lmfao!
<quoted text>
The raptors all died because Noah couldn't keep them on the ark. Where would he get the leather straps?

United States

#119440 Sep 1, 2012
:-D do you ever feel a tinge of guilt for destroying them Tam?:)
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)

United States

#119441 Sep 1, 2012
So you are saying Cher is a lesbian? Otherwise you really made a jackass out of yourself. Again.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe this is the goal of the homosexual movement. To be able to acquire children from heterosexuals. Raise them in a unnatural and unconventional family environment.
By doing so they will be reproducing their numbers. What will be the final outcome of this experiment?

United States

#119442 Sep 1, 2012
Psssst did you forget to change screen names?how embarrassing!
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#119443 Sep 1, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pizza's what?
Who is Pizza anyway dumbass?
Something else to tax that is making America a land of fat a**es

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#119444 Sep 1, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
Why must I quote the bible for believers? Don't you people read the bible?
You referenced it without source. Bible is read all the time.
Death for Fornication
A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.(Leviticus 21:9 NAB)
In part to draw clear distinctions between Canaanite cult temple prostitution and israel. Priests held high office and that conduct brought shame on his office. Besides i do not know of one single incidence where a daughter was stoned and burned for this specific offense. Do you? Generally young maidens were expected to be virgins in that ancient culture.
Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night
But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst.(Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)
Again, i do not know of a single incident where that happened. It was an ancient culture distinct from the practice of it's neighbors who were pagan. So? What is your problem? By what objective basis to you find this so horrible? If you are atheist, you really have none. Why don't you practice what you preach? As opposed to judging ancient cultures in far away places with no objective basis that carries any real weight? Your invective has as much weight as your opinion.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#119445 Sep 1, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Wikipedia that is not true.

LGBT parenting refers to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people parenting one or more children. This includes children raised by same-sex couples (same-sex parenting), children raised by single LGBT parents, and children raised by an opposite-sex couple where at least one partner is LGBT.[1]

LGBT people can become parents through various means including current or former relationships, coparenting, adoption, donor insemination, and surrogacy.[2]

Scientific research has been generally consistent in showing that gay and lesbian parents are as fit and capable as heterosexual parents, and their children are as psychologically healthy and well-adjusted as children reared by heterosexual parents.[3][4][5] Major associations of mental health professionals in the U.S., Canada, and Australia have not identified credible empirical research that suggests otherwise.[5][6][7][8][9] Based on the robust nature of the evidence available in the field, the Third District Court of Appeal of the State of Florida was satisfied in 2010 that the issue is so far beyond dispute that it would be irrational to hold otherwise, and concluded that the best interests of children are not preserved by prohibiting homosexual adoption.[10]

Location hidden

#119446 Sep 1, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
:-D do you ever feel a tinge of guilt for destroying them Tam?:)
<quoted text>
I'm just me.

United States

#119447 Sep 1, 2012
It's what your God commanded them to do. What were you expecting they make a list of all the girls who were slated because if this? Bottom line God commanded it either the people followed his command or they didn't and would be sinners.

Sorry you can't baffle us with bullsht this is what your God commanded death to any girl who didn't bleed on her wedding night.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You referenced it without source. Bible is read all the time.
<quoted text> In part to draw clear distinctions between Canaanite cult temple prostitution and israel. Priests held high office and that conduct brought shame on his office. Besides i do not know of one single incidence where a daughter was stoned and burned for this specific offense. Do you? Generally young maidens were expected to be virgins in that ancient culture.
<quoted text> Again, i do not know of a single incident where that happened. It was an ancient culture distinct from the practice of it's neighbors who were pagan. So? What is your problem? By what objective basis to you find this so horrible? If you are atheist, you really have none. Why don't you practice what you preach? As opposed to judging ancient cultures in far away places with no objective basis that carries any real weight? Your invective has as much weight as your opinion.

United States

#119448 Sep 1, 2012
I used to work with a fee lesbians who were parents either from artificial insemination or previous relationships. The one has five children and the other has three. Of these eight kids not one is homosexual in the least. Even the ones about to graduate are heterosexual. You don't influence someone to be gay they are born that way.
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Wikipedia that is not true.
LGBT parenting refers to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people parenting one or more children. This includes children raised by same-sex couples (same-sex parenting), children raised by single LGBT parents, and children raised by an opposite-sex couple where at least one partner is LGBT.[1]
LGBT people can become parents through various means including current or former relationships, coparenting, adoption, donor insemination, and surrogacy.[2]
Scientific research has been generally consistent in showing that gay and lesbian parents are as fit and capable as heterosexual parents, and their children are as psychologically healthy and well-adjusted as children reared by heterosexual parents.[3][4][5] Major associations of mental health professionals in the U.S., Canada, and Australia have not identified credible empirical research that suggests otherwise.[5][6][7][8][9] Based on the robust nature of the evidence available in the field, the Third District Court of Appeal of the State of Florida was satisfied in 2010 that the issue is so far beyond dispute that it would be irrational to hold otherwise, and concluded that the best interests of children are not preserved by prohibiting homosexual adoption.[10]
Creation

United States

#119449 Sep 1, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
From fossils you can tell that something that looks like a modern lobster existed back then. You can not tell that they are genetically the same species. This is simply impossible. Deal with it!!
Weak arguement! Deal with it!!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#119450 Sep 1, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
I love it when you idiots get destroyed so much you have to resort to making new screen names.
Ain't it something?!?!
Creation

United States

#119451 Sep 1, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
You really need to stay away from those creationist sites. Remember when you made a complete jackass out of yourself saying the dragonfly is exactly the same now as millions of years ago? Oh except back then they were friggen enormous!!! Hahahahhahahaha no change at all!
<quoted text>
That would be adaptation not evolution. So hence is still correct!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 10 min RW Lies 87,461
Looking to finally settle down. Need some sugge... 34 min Jayvee56 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min The Ragin Pagan 703,570
Why are women from USA prefer casual dating ove... 42 min lookingforU1 1
The Good Man Donald Trump 58 min MexicoWill Pay4Wall 2
Prostitutes at Taiji Massage in Port Charlotte 1 hr FredG5 1
School honoring Confed general 2B Renamed 4 Bar... 1 hr Omg 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr science is god 996,409