Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#119366 Aug 31, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The cheap ones are $35 a carton now. Most of it in taxes.
Sin tax imposed by liberal progressives. Supposed to make you quit.
I am super progressive.

I would tax cigarettes to make each one cost $100.

The cost of the habit to society is mammoth.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#119368 Aug 31, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, if you could use them to shut down those that don't share your own enlightened views. That way you can preach. No distracting discussions getting in the way.
Oh, the power!!
"Liberals" were the primary fans of such things.
I'm surprised at your lust for power.
I don`t think so.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/phil-zuckerman/...

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#119369 Aug 31, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you expect of a misogynist godbot. He’s not likely to have come (no pun) across much better and so thinks that’s how it should be
Thats why they call it the "missionary position"

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#119370 Aug 31, 2012
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don`t think so.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/phil-zuckerman/...
Looks like the authors put their own spin on the message of Jesus as a basis to make money and advance their own agenda.

Lots of atheists do that. They get upset when the other cheek is not turned to them.

Jesus could get violent.

The days of feeding Christians to the lions ended a long time ago.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#119371 Aug 31, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am super progressive.
I would tax cigarettes to make each one cost $100.
The cost of the habit to society is mammoth.
The cost of supporting Pharisees such as yourself is even greater.

“Move into the light.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#119375 Aug 31, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am super progressive.
I would tax cigarettes to make each one cost $100.
The cost of the habit to society is mammoth.
Then your drink will cost the same , S100.00 a can of beer
50,000.00 for a gallon of rum , arr we become but humble pirates matey , how bout sliding those ciggs and rum over this way , or I'll be forced to make you a holy man.

Over taxation has consequences both futile and dire , there are limitations even the rulers cannot cross without creating a vacuum
for the existence of those who will defy them.
The prohibition and depression taught us that, so unless you want to have gangland rules again, you cannot tax something or outlaw something out of existence. You only create a black market.

Oh goody I can't wait till we legislate profiteering into existence again!

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#119376 Aug 31, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Then your drink will cost the same , S100.00 a can of beer
50,000.00 for a gallon of rum , arr we become but humble pirates matey , how bout sliding those ciggs and rum over this way , or I'll be forced to make you a holy man.
Over taxation has consequences both futile and dire , there are limitations even the rulers cannot cross without creating a vacuum
for the existence of those who will defy them.
The prohibition and depression taught us that, so unless you want to have gangland rules again, you cannot tax something or outlaw something out of existence. You only create a black market.
Oh goody I can't wait till we legislate profiteering into existence again!
I would tax holier than thou atheists. Those that know what is best for me and everyone else.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#119377 Aug 31, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I would tax holier than thou atheists. Those that know what is best for me and everyone else.
Atheism is a lack of belief. If you consider science and scientific facts holier than a mindless wrong- rag written by an illiterate bunch of liars obsessed with sex, then I consider you a sane person.

Evidently that ship sailed many rotations of our spherical earth. The same earth you liars thought was flat...
Creation

United States

#119378 Aug 31, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a lack of belief. If you consider science and scientific facts holier than a mindless wrong- rag written by an illiterate bunch of liars obsessed with sex, then I consider you a sane person.
Evidently that ship sailed many rotations of our spherical earth. The same earth you liars thought was flat...
Oh yes, the athiests of the day knew the world was round and the law of gravity back then...

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#119379 Aug 31, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The cost of supporting Pharisees such as yourself is even greater.
Not so.

I pay my own way.

And I contribute to your sustenance as well.

You should be thanking me.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#119380 Aug 31, 2012
Judge Moniters wrote:
<quoted text>Are you just bias and clueless?
Read what you wrote.

What grade are you in?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#119381 Aug 31, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Then your drink will cost the same , S100.00 a can of beer
50,000.00 for a gallon of rum , arr we become but humble pirates matey , how bout sliding those ciggs and rum over this way , or I'll be forced to make you a holy man.
Over taxation has consequences both futile and dire , there are limitations even the rulers cannot cross without creating a vacuum
for the existence of those who will defy them.
The prohibition and depression taught us that, so unless you want to have gangland rules again, you cannot tax something or outlaw something out of existence. You only create a black market.
Oh goody I can't wait till we legislate profiteering into existence again!
I'm not a a beer or rum drinker.

Just don't tax my scotch.
Patricia Senecal

Cape Girardeau, MO

#119382 Aug 31, 2012
WHAT JESUS has done for me.

Helped me survive a mother who hated EVERYONE else outside her own mirror (a big one).

Helped me survive a father who knew not love.

Helped me survive abuse/sexual/mental/of every kind.

Helped me survive hate from mom while DAD still at least tried to be good.

Helped me survive being tossed to and fro while mom was whoring around and Dad worked.

Helped me survive Dad not being around enough. I needed and LOVED his love.

Helped me survive mom pushing all her burdens onto my small shoulders.

Helped me survive trying to love and raise mom's family.

Helped me survive when mom finally left us for the boy (19) next door.

Helped me survive the suicide of my little brother when I was 15 on mom's birthday.

Helped me survive the rejection of mom and Dad barely had time. I was the house keeper and mind of the childen. No baby dolls for me.

Helped me survive my Dad's second marriage, wife and mother and father and three unruled and hateful children. Their father turned out to be gay. His children (sons - 2) tried to survive sexual abuse from him and his one daughter just cried like a girl does at times when allowed to.

Helped me survive the day her youngest (21) Peter took his life with another of Dad's rifles. Dad wanted so to adopt this boy. Like Scott and scarey in ways how so.

Helped me survive having no mother to grow up with and Dad could only do so much for a girl who didn't know what was happening when I saw Blood.

JESUS BLOOD wasn't yet visible to me.

There's more. Another suicide - big brother BUDDY, Dad died Fourth of July two years ago, MOM still loves to hate me the best. She wanted JESUS to make her me.

Jesus helps me survive HATE and do it ALONE outside of Jesus's touch. Want some more WITCH. Oh wait - that's just a touch of what JESUS helped me survive.
PEACE - I'm just only understanding the practice of it. I need the true believers because You are like the church - they taught me hate too. For people Witch just like you. JESUS said it different. I read it every day! I can't get enough - I'm weak and Jesus lifts me when I need it the most. I still suffer Witch. How about you? Please take your hands off of JESUS children! Thank you for allowing me to share. Have some fun with you cut and paste talent against that TRUTH!

JESUS/WORD - your words sad and Witch - what is your first name? Excuse me please for barging in. See this witch tried to teach me a thing or two IT thought I didn't know about LIARS. Wrong - I know.
Creation

United States

#119383 Aug 31, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so.
I pay my own way.
And I contribute to your sustenance as well.
You should be thanking me.
You should be thanking Dave for working and putting you through school back in the day.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#119384 Aug 31, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be thanking Dave for working and putting you through school back in the day.
Huh?

“Move into the light.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#119385 Aug 31, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a a beer or rum drinker.
Just don't tax my scotch.
Non exempt , all devices and vices of flesh will render to the taxation.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#119386 Aug 31, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am super progressive.
I would tax cigarettes to make each one cost $100.
The cost of the habit to society is mammoth.
Oh Catcher, leave a couple of perks us seniors can afford. We can`t do much of anything else. And you know how it is on a fixed income.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#119387 Aug 31, 2012
What we really need to tax is cheese burgers and french fries. Heart attacks and diabetes would drop like a rock.

“Move into the light.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#119388 Aug 31, 2012
sweets2360 wrote:
What we really need to tax is cheese burgers and french fries. Heart attacks and diabetes would drop like a rock.
As long as you leave double cheeseburgers alone we in business :)> lmao...

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#119389 Aug 31, 2012
The lobster is known as a living fossil. Because it has been unchanged in over 100 million years. Now if evolution is such a sure thing. Why has the lobster remained unchanged?

The earth has changed, climate has changed, a lot has happened in 100 million years. Yet the lobster remains unchanged.

They are found in all then oceans.

Did evolution really happen? Not to the lobster.

National Geographic
May 3, 2007—
This fossil crustacean found in Mexico's Chiapas state in 1995 has now been confirmed as the world's oldest lobster, according to scientists at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM)(map of Chiapas).
The ancient animal has been dated at 110 million years old—about 20 million years older than previously known specimens—UNAM scientists announced in a press release on Monday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 28 min lightbeamrider 817,475
How to Recover Deleted Messages from iPhone wit... (May '13) 31 min EnideKosa 59
Umthondo omkhulu nekuku emanzi eKWT & EL 1 hr Babe 3
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Stuart Cudahy 1,962
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr doug 97,974
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr cheer the f up 121,444
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 2 hr thetruth 9,226
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Aura Mytha 270,053
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Tony17 578,915
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr LAWEST100 609,821
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Roberta G 176,202
More from around the web