Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258512 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#117179 Aug 15, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians aren't harming anyone. It is your militant atheism that has, and still is, destroyed/destroying the minds and lives of people worldwide.
Your atheism™ is the #1 leading cause of the crimes we see everyday on the news, suicide, corrupt politicians, immoral behaviors like homosexuality, dishonorable and unethical chemical dependencies, and the lists goes on and on.
You are a duped and confused lying militant atheist bigot.
Wow, you are not only uneducated and delusional, you are downright idiotic. We only see the most tragic crimes on the news ... which happen about once a month across the US. Violent crimes are still on the decline and have been since the introduction of the world wide internet, a bit of a humanities study I have participated in. Other correlating events are the increase in violent media sales and the increase in non-religious people.

Most, possibly all, repeat drug users are christians. Religion based drug rehabilitation has no better success rate than the absence of rehabilitation. Secular rehabilitation centers have the highest success rate, even higher than the medication based centers.

All corrupt politicians are, and have always been, christian in the US.

The majority of criminals are christian in the US.

Secular based scientific research has extended our life expectancy to 80+ years of age. It has also given us computers, a trip to the Moon, and medicines that makes life easier and even enjoyable. Without an atheist, you'd never have had the chance to use your computer, Microsoft was founded by a few atheists.

Atheists donate the most money to charitable organizations in spite of us being a minority in the US, thank you Bill Gates and the like.

Face it, you are just being a complete and total tool. This is the most peaceful time for the world in all of history, so you should really get out there and enjoy it instead of wasting your time worshiping your imaginary friend.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#117180 Aug 15, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Your pointless life clearly reveals who is delusional .....those who know there is a God yet rebel against God. That's all you're doing, nothing less.
You know there is a God but you adore and embrace anything that represents evil and wickedness, and your heartless life is committed to destroying the lives of everyone you come near, lying to them to their death, whereby they meet God and then get cast into Hell for trusting your lie.
If there was no God, you would not even be on a forum at all,.....no one would. But because you are receiving the spiritual nudge that God is really there and rejecting it, you have the NEED to express your lies claiming He doesn't exist to pacify your day to day, hour by hour brainwashing methods to maintain that lie.
You are mentally dead.
Now you are saying that you are psychic.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#117181 Aug 15, 2012
Atheism is a cop out for not believing in your self or not believing that you were born an ACCIDENT. Creation and the Creator is wonderous and unseen. Faith is the act of recognising his Greatness for what it is. Truth put in action.
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#117182 Aug 15, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Hat heist ?
why the interest in robbing hats ?
16Aug12.....

.....Vell, vell, vell...looked vot showed up....Dumbo II.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#117183 Aug 15, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there are people who have irrational beliefs (such as believing in a god), and we are pointing that out to them.
16Aug12.....

....OH!!!

Ps:...Who made da dirt???

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#117184 Aug 15, 2012
Alarice wrote:
Here's the answers to basically everything being asked in here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =aCd3DEj0SpUXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
very good

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#117185 Aug 15, 2012
MindMap wrote:
Atheism is a cop out for not believing in your self or not believing that you were born an ACCIDENT. Creation and the Creator is wonderous and unseen. Faith is the act of recognising his Greatness for what it is. Truth put in action.
That would be projection you just did. We take credit and blame for all our own actions, and as a species we have over come the odds and proven more successful than other species. We have done great things on our own, overcoming our own flaws on our own. We have stumbled sometimes, yes, committed atrocities and done horrible things, but that was humans doing it.

Your religion takes all responsibility and credit away from the person, making them no more accountable for their deeds than a robot is. To you, when a human does something heroic it's because your god made him do it. When a human accomplishes a great advance, it's because your god gave him the ability to do it and then made him do it. When a human kills another human it's because your Devil made her do it. When a human abuses other humans it's because your god commanded her to do it.

Atheism is accountability, religion is not.
baking soda

Pell City, AL

#117186 Aug 15, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can,
“zealoted bigot”
A militant atheist.
Perfect answer! The particular denomination of athetarded bigots on topix especially define zealoted bigot with that answer.

I definitely like the way you think, Eagle. You keep it real and you have a knack of keeping the athenuts in their place.
baking soda

Pell City, AL

#117187 Aug 15, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be projection you just did. We take credit and blame for all our own actions, and as a species we have over come the odds and proven more successful than other species. We have done great things on our own, overcoming our own flaws on our own. We have stumbled sometimes, yes, committed atrocities and done horrible things, but that was humans doing it.
Your religion takes all responsibility and credit away from the person, making them no more accountable for their deeds than a robot is. To you, when a human does something heroic it's because your god made him do it. When a human accomplishes a great advance, it's because your god gave him the ability to do it and then made him do it. When a human kills another human it's because your Devil made her do it. When a human abuses other humans it's because your god commanded her to do it.
Atheism is accountability, religion is not.
No, atheism is a religion devoted to hatred, and you represent it well. You must be one of the chief deacons in your religion of hopelessness and desperation.

I fully and completely blame ALL of the current societal woes and problems on people JUST like you. You are a careless, inconsiderate, ungrateful bithc with nothing of positive value in your wasted empty life.
Shmuck Prick

Slough, UK

#117188 Aug 15, 2012
baking soda wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect answer! The particular denomination of athetarded bigots on topix especially define zealoted bigot with that answer.
I definitely like the way you think, Eagle. You keep it real and you have a knack of keeping the athenuts in their place.
"You keep it real and you have a knack of keeping the athenuts in their place."

Only in your religiously demented dreams.
Atheist Silurist

Slough, UK

#117189 Aug 15, 2012
baking soda wrote:
<quoted text>
No, atheism is a religion devoted to hatred, and you represent it well. You must be one of the chief deacons in your religion of hopelessness and desperation.
I fully and completely blame ALL of the current societal woes and problems on people JUST like you. You are a careless, inconsiderate, ungrateful bithc with nothing of positive value in your wasted empty life.
Are you upset?
baking soda

Pell City, AL

#117190 Aug 15, 2012
MindMap wrote:
This is a terrific post!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#117191 Aug 15, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>16Aug12.....
....OH!!!
Ps:...Who made da dirt???
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Nobody.
Atheist Silurist

Slough, UK

#117192 Aug 15, 2012
baking soda wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a terrific post!
baking soda

Pell City, AL

#117193 Aug 15, 2012
Shmuck Prick wrote:
<quoted text>
"You keep it real and you have a knack of keeping the athenuts in their place."
There you go again, showing the world on an international forum how hateful atheists are, killing it with each vile post you make.

Buzz off.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#117194 Aug 15, 2012
baking soda wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds more like buck
baking soda

Pell City, AL

#117195 Aug 15, 2012
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you upset?
Sock puppet #1 or #2..... Which one are you?
baking soda

Pell City, AL

#117196 Aug 15, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there are people who have irrational beliefs (such as believing in a god), and we are pointing that out to them.
They are not irrational beliefs. God keeps you uncomfortable all day long, and we see that. This really pisses you off, doesn't it?
Atheist Silurist

Slough, UK

#117197 Aug 15, 2012
baking soda wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again, showing the world on an international forum how hateful atheists are, killing it with each vile post you make.
Buzz off.
Man up,you wimp.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#117198 Aug 15, 2012
baking soda wrote:
<quoted text>
If atheism is a religion, what are our dogmas? I must of missed that meeting or something, come to think of it, where and when are our meetings?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Tellthetruth 995,880
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 12 min Hypocrite watch 81,277
Do you meet decent women in places like Latin A... 41 min sivan86 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 45 min candlesmell 701,943
Our children are better then our leaders at rul... 3 hr Sam 1
O.J. Nicole & MARCUS: Fatal Attraction 4 hr Doctor REALITY 13
Do you like, or dislike, Doctor REALITY?? 4 hr Doctor REALITY 9