Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247359 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Heat it up beat it up gotta go”

Since: Jan 10

Wait. What?

#116798 Aug 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are advising him, lol.
http://www.towson.edu/ows/conjunctions.htm
CONJUNCTIONS
Conjunctions are words used as joiners.
Different kinds of conjunctions join different kinds of grammatical structures.
The following are the kinds of conjunctions:
A. COORDINATING CONJUNCTIONS
for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so
Coordinating conjunctions join equals to one another:
So, conjunctions aren't adjectives correct?

So, just including "and" into your little list makes your terribly dense and/or a troll. I'm guessing AND a troll.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#116799 Aug 11, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am telling you your language skills are zero.
I say he's in the 10th grade.

Maybe he'll make himself scarce with school back in session....

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#116800 Aug 11, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I say he's in the 10th grade.
Maybe he'll make himself scarce with school back in session....
No such luck but then again he is entertaining.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#116801 Aug 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I share you enthusiasm for space science. The problem facing manned exploration of mars in the next 100 years is going to be funding.
But the most economical way to explore mars is doing what we are doing now and that is using the rovers. They can stay longer. Work 24hours non stop and provide tons of research science.
Instead of going to mars we can bring mars to us using these advanced rovers. The rovers can collect the samples, then load them up on a vehicle and bring them back to earth.
The moon may be a different issue. We may could cost justify going back to manned exploration of the moon to mine Uranium 3. That would be exciting and full of first. Like the first woman on the moon. Here again it may be cheaper to use moon rovers.
With the baby boomers getting older. Healthcare extreme cost and military spending. Every dollar for science research is going to have to be spent with the thought of getting the most science for each dollar.
NASA's Curiosity rover cost about $2.5 billion.

An estimated $71 billion is lost per year to religious tax exemptions.

If we taxed religious organizations we could send 28 rovers to Mars per year, forever.

ALSO ... PROJECTED TAX SPENDING FOR 2013 --

2.5 cents out of every tax dollar is spread across ALL science funding. Total $29.5 billion.

57 cents out of every tax dollar goes to the military. Total $653 billion.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#116802 Aug 11, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be nice to see it be a global effort, too.
It will be .... China and the European Space Agency are moving forward with plans for a manned Mars mission will we continue to become more and more "one nation, under educated...".

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

#116803 Aug 11, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be .... China and the European Space Agency are moving forward with plans for a manned Mars mission will we continue to become more and more "one nation, under educated...".
TYPO -- should be "while we continue ... "

Since: Mar 11

United States

#116804 Aug 11, 2012
Well I felt it necessary to give credit to the garbage men as they are certainly smarter than he is. One must do one's due diligence on such matters.
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
And there is only 26 in the park.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#116805 Aug 11, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of nob gobbler bollocks
We all know you are a catholic because you condone catholic paedophilia but that does not mean you know better than the Vatican and the Vatican has NEVER excommunicated him
You belief has f*ck all to do with who else is catholic or who is not catholic, you belief is your belief it’s no ones fault than your own that you believe in bull sh|t
12Aug12.....

.....thank GOD dat you are not a Christian nor anywhere's close to being one. In your sick mind you dink dat you once were...but you Never were.

Ps:...Vhy don'tCha checkUP on the doings of Pope JohnPaul II while the Nazis were in his Poland while he, himself was there as a priest. Pope JohnPaul would put his boot up yer arse as quick as he would look atCha...So vould Mother Theresa and BobLoblah.

.....ya hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist.

You remain a schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#116806 Aug 11, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
You are correct! Heaven is right beside Uranus!
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!!
<quoted text>
12Aug12.....

.....and you vill find BobLoblah's boot up your annus, ya schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#116807 Aug 11, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see that Eagle took it seriously, and thinks heaven is up there in space somewhere?
Oh yeah.

I saw that.

There's a whole lot more hell out there though.

Location hidden

#116808 Aug 11, 2012
12Aug12.....

Killing a wannabee hAtheist a day keeps da heartBurn avey.

Ps:....So easy to yank dere chains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#116809 Aug 11, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
12Aug12.....
hAtheist
BobLoblah
Hat heist ?

why the interest in robbing hats ?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#116810 Aug 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saying you can't freaking count to 4.
A 10 month old can count to 4.
And yet you think 3 is the same as 1. Tsk, tsk!!

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#116811 Aug 11, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Hat heist ?
why the interest in robbing hats ?
He has a very tall forehead, like a bowling ball.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#116812 Aug 11, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
Not to be all technical and all that but you said three words ...“ignorance (1), lies (2) and (3) hypocrisy (4)”... that’s four words.
I saw a couple of your posts go by that I considered commenting on, but deferred. I wasn't sure if you were into the finer points of language or not. By the above, I see that you are an eager and cunning linguist, so I'm sure that you'll take the following in the spirit in which it is intended.

Ima gonna hep you with your insult vocabulary. It's a service I provide at no charge.

BTW, technically, he didn't say anything. And don't say he wrote it. Technically, he only thought it then typed it. And we're off to a great start already.
Eagle12 wrote:
Ahhh the simple minded with simple dreams. Keep smiling.
"Simple" isn't always an insult. In fact, it usually isn't. But "simplistic" is. You can't use it before "minded," nor do you need to.

Simple dreams are fine - work that you enjoy, a happy love life, whatever. But simplistic ones are not
Eagle12 wrote:
As usual, your attempts to respond are awkward and callow at best.
Callow http://www.thefreedictionary.com/callow is not the best insult word here. Try jejune: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/jejune Both imply inexperience, but jejune does so more scoffingly.
Eagle12 wrote:
Your attempt to have some level of competence always falls beneath the mark.
This was awkward and jejune. Try "delusions of adequacy," which is not overworked yet. Also, remember that it's not an inferiority complex if you're actually inferior. I think you know where I'm going with this.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#116813 Aug 11, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw a couple of your posts go by that I considered commenting on, but deferred. I wasn't sure if you were into the finer points of language or not. By the above, I see that you are an eager and cunning linguist, so I'm sure that you'll take the following in the spirit in which it is intended.
Ima gonna hep you with your insult vocabulary. It's a service I provide at no charge.
BTW, technically, he didn't say anything. And don't say he wrote it. Technically, he only thought it then typed it. And we're off to a great start already.
<quoted text>
"Simple" isn't always an insult. In fact, it usually isn't. But "simplistic" is. You can't use it before "minded," nor do you need to.
Simple dreams are fine - work that you enjoy, a happy love life, whatever. But simplistic ones are not
<quoted text>
Callow http://www.thefreedictionary.com/callow is not the best insult word here. Try jejune: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/jejune Both imply inexperience, but jejune does so more scoffingly.
<quoted text>
This was awkward and jejune. Try "delusions of adequacy," which is not overworked yet. Also, remember that it's not an inferiority complex if you're actually inferior. I think you know where I'm going with this.
You're gonna git blessed for that.

I knows my Eagle.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#116814 Aug 11, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're gonna git blessed for that.
I knows my Eagle.
I am not sure, but I think duck changed his name again and is over on the Evolution vs. Creation forum. New name is hts.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#116815 Aug 11, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
NASA's Curiosity rover cost about $2.5 billion.
An estimated $71 billion is lost per year to religious tax exemptions.
If we taxed religious organizations we could send 28 rovers to Mars per year, forever.
ALSO ... PROJECTED TAX SPENDING FOR 2013 --
2.5 cents out of every tax dollar is spread across ALL science funding. Total $29.5 billion.
57 cents out of every tax dollar goes to the military. Total $653 billion.
Taxing non profit organizations is not advised.

However I will side with you on one point. These religious organizations that are mega profiteers from TV programs should get the hell taxed out of them. We all know these TV preachers are lining their pockets with the money from the poor and working class.

They’re on TV not to spread the gospel but to gain financially. One that comes to mind is Kenneth Copeland.
Yes, lets tax the TV ministries, I’m with you on that one.

Southern Illinois

#116816 Aug 11, 2012
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Thank you.

Southern Illinois

#116817 Aug 11, 2012
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
ohhhhh, Bless you, lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 878,889
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 min Doctor REALITY 8,051
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Michael 603,333
Poll It is fine when the brother makes children of h... 1 hr pepertoa 0
Palmers farmed in Hayti area? 1 hr Sam Vein 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr USaWorldWarMongerer 177,851
what do americans think of mexicans? (Sep '08) 1 hr USaWorldWarMongerer 444
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Pegasus 272,879
The Christian Atheist debate 8 hr MrAnderson9 3,845
More from around the web